Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544430 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9660: Sep 07, 2016 04:05:22 pm
      I only read through this once but it sure hits the nail on the head for me.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/Jürgen-klopp-blind-faith-liverpool-supporters/

exactly I support this football club and like the author I am delighted we have Jürgen Klopp as our manager but he is in for a shock if he thinks the Anfield faithful will sit quietly whilst they watch poor performances by poor players.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #9661: Sep 07, 2016 04:08:01 pm
      Cheer up lads ;D klopp will do us proud you'll see
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #9662: Sep 07, 2016 04:26:13 pm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/Jürgen-klopp-blind-faith-liverpool-supporters/

exactly I support this football club and like the author I am delighted we have Jürgen Klopp as our manager but he is in for a shock if he thinks the Anfield faithful will sit quietly whilst they watch poor performances by poor players.

Jürgen is a winner.

I'm not sure where he has gave the impression he's just here for a jolly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #9663: Sep 07, 2016 04:34:55 pm
      Houllier,Rafa,Kenny,Klopp...

All winners & deserve my trust...

Woy & Rodgers were not & don't as LFC managers..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #9664: Sep 07, 2016 05:02:01 pm
      Jürgen is a winner.

he wasn't in two cup finals was he though and its easy to say what he was but its more important of what he will be with us. As I have mentioned previously he knows his plans and where he is with it but we don't and other than the odd sound bite from him nobody on here knows his thoughts.
      Hopefully the next few games will see us settle into a winning routine and these pangs of doubt will diminish .
      What is interesting is to a man on this forum 99% have slaughtered Moreno for his performances but now he is OK because Jürgen says so.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #9665: Sep 07, 2016 05:08:49 pm

He's no more a winner at LFC than Rodgers YET. I have confidence he will be though. Which is why I'm not worried about our long term success at this moment.

I'm not sure where you got the impression anyone thinks he is?  I didn't get that from the article.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9666: Sep 07, 2016 05:14:38 pm

In football as well as in life, love and blind faith are not inextricably tied. It is possible to love someone or something without always believing he/she/they are doing the right thing, that he/she/they are above criticism.

And before the Klopp-is-God crew lose their sh*t, let me stress that I am fully behind the German, absolutely delighted, in fact, that he is manager. But equally, that does not entitle him to hold me or any other supporter to emotional ransom, to claim that loving the club must mean backing his methods without question or query.

As a supporter it is your right – nay, your duty – to scrutinise every player, manager, chief executive and chairman who puts themselves forward to represent your club. Regularly and without fail, questions should be asked about their interests and desires, their beliefs and their principals, and whether they are simply fit for purpose.

This bit is how I see things. Support the manager, hope what he is doing is right, but retain the right to voice your opinion on the team, on decisions and what is happening at the club.

The club is more important than any manager and winning trophies is the aim and how they will eventually be assessed.   

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9667: Sep 07, 2016 05:42:28 pm
      F***ing hell, misery really does breed misery doesn't it?

I put it down to the international break. It feels like it's been forever since the draw at Spurs.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #9668: Sep 07, 2016 07:15:49 pm
      Journo talk .
      They keep feeding us every window with somebody or other  and we lap it up.
      My first dog was called Boot. Labrador.

I'll take that as a compliment..... I think.   It's a nickname I've had for years.  My surname is actually Bootle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #9669: Sep 07, 2016 07:29:30 pm
      F***ing hell, misery really does breed misery doesn't it?

Where is the misery? I see people having discussions on various topics. Very few ready to put their head in a noose from what I can tell.

Maybe if the eternal optimists would stop branding everyone that doesn't bow to worship at the alter of Klopp as a doom and gloomer we could all get back to discussing football in a half civil manner?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #9670: Sep 07, 2016 07:41:40 pm
      Where is the misery? I see people having discussions on various topics. Very few ready to put their head in a noose from what I can tell.

Maybe if the eternal optimists would stop branding everyone that doesn't bow to worship at the alter of Klopp as a doom and gloomer we could all get back to discussing football in a half civil manner?

I keep hearing this common thread  but maybe the majority of posters are happy to see how the season pans out and are willing to see the progression that  Klopp and the team make as the season gets up and running.

And what's wrong with being a optimist it is better than being a f**king neg head who seem to be becoming more common in our fan base and think the world has ended after 3 games!

I can only assume the 26 years of not winning the league has made the Auld arses cynical and bitter and the young Sky generation think that it's as easy as clicking your fingers and competing against the likes of the Mancs and the Chavs.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2016 09:21:12 pm by HScRed1 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9671: Sep 07, 2016 07:43:06 pm
      Maybe mate but does a draw when we were by far the better side constitute some of the bollocks I've read in here over the last week or so.  Maybe the misery mongers will point at Burnley but ffs if you're going to get this maudling every time we lose then you may as well just F**k it all off.

It's football, F***ing enjoy the ride and not the glory, if it's that particular modern fad you're after then redcafe awaits you.

And good F***ing riddance.

Always the same on here.

Wijnaldum being judged after 3 F***ing games, and called "sh*t" by the usual know nothing gobshites.
      It truly beggars belief.

Remember how we used to give new signings a full first season to assess them properly.
      Now they get a couple of games, if they're lucky.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #9672: Sep 07, 2016 07:59:22 pm
      I keep hearing this common thread  but maybe the majority of posters are happy to see how the season owns out and are willing to see the progression that  Klopp and the team make as the season gets up and running.

And what's wrong with being a optimist it is better than being a f**king neg head who seem to be becoming more common in our fan base and think the world has ended after 3 games!

I can only assume the 26 years of not winning the league has made the Auld arses cynical and bitter and the young Sky generation think that it's as easy as clicking your fingers and competing against the likes of the Mancs and the Chavs.

I'm more than happy and patient to see how the season plays out. Remember, I've lived through the tenures of the Owl and Brodge :D

That said, no one seems to be able to separate critical discussion and pessimism/fear mongering/doom and gloom.

And some of those that are the "eternal optimists" making up things like Gini getting called s*it....I haven't seen anyone go to that length yet which is a long way from having doubts about whether he is going to fit in with this squad. But that's ok, it's easier for people to use hyperbole and make things up so they can make veiled attacks at people that are just genuinely discussing the season. 

Let's just shut the forum down till Christmas since we can't actually make any judgements till the team has had time to "settle" :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #9673: Sep 07, 2016 08:00:23 pm

lets see what happens when Moreno or Milner F**k up again I assume no blame will be attached to them as Jürgen selected them.
      If you had a seething great boil on your arse I assume it would be best to remove it rather than paint a face on it and call it Alberto.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9674: Sep 07, 2016 11:41:31 pm
      Journo talk .
      They keep feeding us every window with somebody or other  and we lap it up.
      My first dog was called Boot. Labrador.

I thought you might of called it Mushroom Skip,the media certainly think we are mushrooms by the amount of sh*te they feed us.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #9675: Sep 08, 2016 12:18:20 am
      lets see what happens when Moreno or Milner f**k up again I assume no blame will be attached to them as Jürgen selected them.
      If you had a seething great boil on your arse I assume it would be best to remove it rather than paint a face on it and call it Alberto.

Obviously it'll be Brendan Rodgers' fault.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9676: Sep 08, 2016 12:45:28 am
      Houllier,Rafa,Kenny,Klopp...

All winners & deserve my trust...

Woy & Rodgers were not & don't as LFC managers..

F***ing hell, give your head a spin if you equate Rodgers with Hodgson.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #9677: Sep 08, 2016 01:11:38 am
      Always the same on here.

Wijnaldum being judged after 3 f**king games, and called "sh*t" by the usual know nothing gobshites.
      It truly beggars belief.

Remember how we used to give new signings a full first season to assess them properly.

When Ian Rush joined us from Chester, guess what? he was pretty crap!

Agree totally here, the over reactions are, how can I put it? Pathetic? Sad? Lazy Supporting?
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #9678: Sep 08, 2016 02:02:48 am
      Always the same on here.

Wijnaldum being judged after 3 f**king games, and called "sh*t" by the usual know nothing gobshites.
      It truly beggars belief.

on the flip side people are biggin up Mane are they equally at fault?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9679: Sep 08, 2016 03:38:31 am
      Always the same on here.

It truly beggars belief.

Sad but true.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #9680: Sep 08, 2016 03:47:22 am

Haha, good point.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 491 
      Reply #9681: Sep 08, 2016 05:12:18 am
      Some players take time to settle, some don't. Is it really that hard to grasp?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9682: Sep 08, 2016 07:29:27 am
      Some players take time to settle, some don't. Is it really that hard to grasp?

And during that settling period, it's fair to call a spade a spade - not too hard to grasp is it.

Or, do we ignore all talk of him and wait til he comes good before we share our opinions on him.

Quick Reply