Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      52 (34.2%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      43 (28.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      24 (15.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      7 (4.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      18 (11.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2015 02:40:25 pm

Spurs 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31742 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Spurs 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #414: Oct 17, 2015 03:06:54 pm
      Lallana 6 ??? He did all the running and played brilliantly. Come on. Origi 7 ??? He played decently but nothing special apart from the post.

I agree, I thought Lallana was excellent.

As for Origi? Nah, sorry, not impressed and he least impressed me today - for a pacey guy, he didn't press like Lallana or Coutinho and looked slouchy and lazy.

Worried about his attitude, but thank goodness he is working under the wrong manager to be lazy with....
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #415: Oct 17, 2015 03:10:06 pm
      Voted for Sakho as motm,  he has overworked as not enough cover in front of him. A 2 footed DM is a must comes January. We could be a very dangerous team to play against if we could get a speedy and hard tackling DM that can switch from defensive to attacking mode instantly.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #416: Oct 17, 2015 03:11:32 pm
      All the media flipping their lids and lusting after Jürgen Klopp's every word, JK just wants to be professional and work off his last game. The media are disgusting pigs.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #417: Oct 17, 2015 03:16:28 pm
      Good performance by the lads, Skrtel picked up in the second half, if Origi's header went in we would have won this.

Great performance all-round given the injury list and so on. Sakho the MotM for me, Mings a close second, followed by Can and Lucas. Moreno and Clyne did a very good job. Origi was a little bit of a let-down, but he was all alone up there. Coutinho and Milner were dissapointing though. Especially Milner's first touch is horrible, we had a good chance when Can played him through but his touch was heavy and the chance went by.

Bright future with Benteke, Firmino and Studge coming in the team.

The whole squad should be praised for their work-rate, didn't see such fight in them for a long time.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #418: Oct 17, 2015 03:24:45 pm
      I'll take that too.

How do we get it?

;D my bad. 1 point.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #419: Oct 17, 2015 03:28:06 pm
      From OptaJoe on Twitter - Liverpool made 50 more sprints than Spurs (614 v 564) & were the 1st team to run further in a PL game than Spurs this season. Gegenpress.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #420: Oct 17, 2015 03:31:58 pm
      Huge improvement in performance from us. When we pressed, we looked damn good. I thought Can, Lallana, Lucas and Sakho were among our best. Special shout for Mignolet who saved our bacon with some top quality saves.

Honestly, a scoreless draw away at Spurs and with your 4th choice striker is a great result. I'll gladly take this point.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #421: Oct 17, 2015 03:34:12 pm
      Excellent result all things considered, Spuds on fire,  and batterred shitty 4-1 recently,
       thought Can was boss my motm I think he will shine under Klopp, can't wait for us to be at full strength, well impressed with the way we pressed the game. Should have done better tbh and on another day could have been 2-3 up by halftime,

Didn't think Spuds threatened with only 3-4 real attempts at goal, Migs dealt with most of their shots and that wonderful one season wonder Kane had his first shot on 83 mins,

Very happy with a clean sheet and a point from today, exciting times ahead for sure, bring on Ruban Kuzan,

YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #422: Oct 17, 2015 03:37:47 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: Once again proved that he's an excellent shot stopper. It appears that we've ceased with trying to convert him into Franz Beckenbauer too which ought to help. Borderline failure to be MOM. 8/10.

Moreno: I've never met the lad, but I'd be staggered if in real life he's massively intelligent. I know most footballers aren't, but I'm talking even by footballer standards. Didn't play too bad, but a little lucky with a few free kick awards. I'd still like to see us utilize him as a central attacking goal threat more, because despite all his other foibles he is very fast. 6/10.

Sakho: I thought he was magnificent, won everything and my MOM. 9/10. 

Skrtel: One or two baffling fouls where he didn't even need to go for it, but aside from that pretty solid. 7/10.

Clyne: This lad is a good full back, does everything well. He's the sort of bloke who never gets less than he did today. 7/10.

Can: Played in fits and starts a little bit, but generally OK. I'm surprised people voted him MOM, I thought he was some way from that. 6/10.

Lucas: Thought he was absolutely excellent from start to finish. Even managed to get involved in the press sometimes. 8/10.

Lallana: Was brilliant for the first half an hour but faded a little in the second half. 7/10.

Milner: Absolutely tireless in his work and knocked some good passes in and around Origi. 7/10.

Coutinho: WE're going to have to work out a way to get him on the ball in the final third, we rarely managed it here. 6/10.

Origi: Had a go, ran around a bit, almost scored. Still unconvincing but he is young so you never know. 6/10.

Subs: Not on long enough to make a difference, although Ibe did show more in his five minutes than he had in his previous five matches.   
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #423: Oct 17, 2015 03:43:41 pm
      Just can't remember Lallana doing anything with the ball, will have to keep an eye out for him off the ball in the next game as he seems to be pressing well. Yea I though Origi did better than I expected, maybe I gave him a bigger score because I've been so critical of him in the past. When he got the ball  I think he did well.

I agree, I thought Lallana was excellent.

As for Origi? Nah, sorry, not impressed and he least impressed me today - for a pacey guy, he didn't press like Lallana or Coutinho and looked slouchy and lazy.

Worried about his attitude, but thank goodness he is working under the wrong manager to be lazy with....

As for Lallana, Mags he is not one known for pressing or running at high intensity but he did it and Klopp will like his contribute.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #424: Oct 17, 2015 03:45:19 pm
      Great result, in the circumstances, and a battling, determined showing.  Nobody to criticise, well done lads! Great to feel the buzz again.   Welcome to Liverpool Herr Klopp - long may you remain!
      And a massive hats off to our travelling support - you did us all proud. At times it sounded like Anfield on Olympiakos night!
      Yippee!  Oh, do we only get a point? 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #425: Oct 17, 2015 03:52:55 pm
      Thought the major stand outs for outfield players were Lallana, Clyne, Lucas, Can and Sakho, but for me, Migs was MOTM simply because he made 3 key saves.

Very impressed with our pressing and cohesion, imagine what we could do with Hendo, Ings, Firmino and Sturridge in the team? Really can't wait to see what Klopp can do with a fit squad to choose from!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #426: Oct 17, 2015 03:53:18 pm
      As for Lallana, Mags he is not one known for pressing or running at high intensity but he did it and Klopp will like his contribute.

Agreed mate, don't think I was looking out for it at all and more concerned about what he was doing on the ball. Good to see him adding a bit more to his game.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #427: Oct 17, 2015 03:59:34 pm
      Agreed mate, don't think I was looking out for it at all and more concerned about what he was doing on the ball. Good to see him adding a bit more to his game.

Will never be fit or strong enough to do it for full 90 will always get hooked. Definate place for him though especially at home when we need some intricate touches around the box
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #428: Oct 17, 2015 04:05:27 pm
      i thought they all put in a shift other than Origi who simply did not understand his role . Lucas does an awful lot of work that goes unoticed and I have never seen Lallana work so hard without the ball a great effort and a good point. If Migs ever learns how to kick a ball he could genuinely be a world class keeper because his shot stopping is excellent
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #429: Oct 17, 2015 04:05:34 pm

Got to disagree Clint, Lallana has often shown himself as a bit of a work horse on the pitch. Hes not quick but he does work hard. Fitness is something he can add to his game, as maybe JK agrees having taken him off first.

Overall a good point, though in truth we lacked the final touch, pass and shot today. Was most impressed with the cohesion in defence. Funny what Klopp said about mistakes mid week and how apt that was. Despite not winning 4-0 as JK said, we overlook the mistakes ( eg. Lallana underhit pass, Sakho misplaced pass) because it was decent enough overall and we got a good away point.

On another day one of those mistakes leads to a goal conceded, and might have done today were it not for Mignolet, so he gets my vote for MOTM. Thought Sakho, Lucas and Clyne were great as well, and all round decent team performance.

Got to agree with those bemoaning Moreno's lack of game intelligence, he's a bit of a weak link despite the searing pace.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #430: Oct 17, 2015 04:08:19 pm
      Moreno does seem to have a little 'run as fast as I can' and 'hit the ball as hard as I can' type of element to his game. Needs fine tuning for sure.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #431: Oct 17, 2015 04:13:23 pm
      I completely forgot to listen to Klopp's post match interview. I'm used to the same sh*t being thrown at me every week.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #432: Oct 17, 2015 04:14:24 pm
      i thought they all put in a shift other than Origi who simply did not understand his role . Lucas does an awful lot of work that goes unoticed and I have never seen Lallana work so hard without the ball a great effort and a good point. If Migs ever learns how to kick a ball he could genuinely be a world class keeper because his shot stopping is excellent

Origi's performance can be understood considering he's not started in the league before and it's a new manager implementing a different style. It was always going to take him a while to adapt.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #433: Oct 17, 2015 04:21:35 pm
      Origi's performance can be understood considering he's not started in the league before and it's a new manager implementing a different style. It was always going to take him a while to adapt.

costs nothing in terms of ability to put yourself about though and he looked a bit work shy for me and his lack of ability in holding up the ball meant on quite a few occasions the ball came straight back to us.he was in because he was last man standing and that showed
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #434: Oct 17, 2015 04:22:58 pm
      OK who voted for Joe Allen in the MOTM poll
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #435: Oct 17, 2015 04:23:11 pm
      It's hard to ask your centre forward to press because then you'll have nothing up front when you win the ball back. I don't think he was asked to press as much as others to be honest. If he wasn't then Klopp would have had a word and he would have taken him off if he wasn't following orders. I was impressed with him on the ball today. He's looked a terrible player up until this point for us and today was the first time I've been not concerned about his performance.

Overall not bad for a 4th choice striker in my eyes.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #436: Oct 17, 2015 04:24:08 pm
      OK who voted for Joe Allen in the MOTM poll

Quick Reply