Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      50 (52.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (24%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2015 09:29:36 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates

Read 34306 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #483: Oct 22, 2015 10:34:42 pm
      Improvement?? 35 shots and only 9 on target against 10 F***ing men?? Its pathetic irrespective of who the manager is.  Klopp is probably sitting down with the owners right now going "I need a much much bigger budget than I originally thought and I need to get rid of the majority of these useless wankers who Brendan considered footballers"

Blah Blah Blah.

Look beyond that.

Did you just expect Klopp to come in with a Magic Wand and turn us around Immediately with as many as 15 players injured/just returning from injury ?

Patience my precious.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #484: Oct 22, 2015 10:36:37 pm
      Phil McNulty
      BBC Sport chief football writer
      Posted at 22:10
      "Two things we've learned. Klopp knows he's got an average squad & Liverpool's fans have to understand there are no miracles in football."

Sums it up really

cheeky f**ker did he never hear of Istanbul
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #485: Oct 22, 2015 10:37:44 pm
      It's understandable that after only having the players for a week it's going to take a while to get them to implement the klopp way , you could see the slow methodical play ingrained into them from the previous incumbent, that won't change overnight.

I thought Lallana had his best game for us tonight and Sakho was a beast again. Moreno is also starting to improve under Klopp

Coutinho has been poor all season and I'm glad he was hooked.

Allen is dare to say unlikely to see many games you could see the increase in quality once Lucas came on.

Milner is a squad player at best, I remember a few of us shouting out when he was signed that he was not needed and a quality CM should have been a priority esp against teams that park the bus like tonight.

There was a marked improvement when Firmino and Benteke arrived and as soon as they are up to speed along with Sturridge some of those 30 odd attempts will be converted.

So although the result was disappointing, the overall performance was improved esp after the forwards came on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #486: Oct 22, 2015 10:38:23 pm
      If anyone votes for Joe Allen i will hunt you down, seriously though a disappointing night which shows the extent of the job, first thing is to get belief in the team, some corner taking practice would be order of the day.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #487: Oct 22, 2015 10:38:46 pm
      Blah Blah Blah.

Look beyond that.

Did you just expect Klopp to come in with a Magic Wand and turn us around Immediately with as many as 15 players injured/just returning from injury ?

Patience my precious.

I DO NOT BLAME KLOPP, I blame the players 100%. I would imagine right about now Klopp is giving them a proper bollocking becuase that level of passing and finishing is a joke at this level.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #488: Oct 22, 2015 10:40:13 pm
      I actually think the squad is relatively ok. We are missing some key players and good use a CDM, CB, and a creative player but we really aren't that far off. Once we get guys back from injuries and the squad has some time to learn the new system this team could be very good.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #489: Oct 22, 2015 10:40:27 pm
      What I saw of our players inside the opposition box is lack of confidence, understanding, positioning and movement, except for Lallana, whom used to do that naturally when he was at Southampton. I'm sure over the next few weeks and months Klopp would improve all that. I need to be honest to say that Cou may not be our long term solution in midfield, a good footballer but far too inconsistent and lightweight to be effective.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #490: Oct 22, 2015 10:41:58 pm
      lets see who wants to be hear and that will become evident in the next 6 weeks or so. I am frustrated but noway downbeat. We got rid of a man who was killing this football club and now we can dream again
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #491: Oct 22, 2015 10:42:43 pm
      If Klopp had any illusions about the size of the task ahead, they've surely been blown away tonight.

I think we can all safely say though that 7 days and 180 minutes of competitive football isn't the sort of time and patience Klopp was talking about.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #492: Oct 22, 2015 10:42:58 pm
      What I saw of our players inside the opposition box is lack of confidence, understanding, positioning and movement, except for Lallana, whom used to do that naturally when he was at Southanpton. I'm sure over the next few weeks and months Klopp would improve all that.

I really really hope you are right but I'm starting to think that this group of players just don't have it, they have no fight, no passion and crucially no skill with a few, a very very few, exceptions.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #493: Oct 22, 2015 10:43:32 pm
      This team plays like a rock band without it's guitarist and frontman.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #494: Oct 22, 2015 10:45:03 pm
      This team plays like a rock band without it's guitarist and frontman.

or drummer, or bassist, basically there's just Bez doing his weird dance. :-)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #495: Oct 22, 2015 10:46:15 pm
      I DO NOT BLAME KLOPP, I blame the players 100%. I would imagine right about now Klopp is giving them a proper bollocking becuase that level of passing and finishing is a joke at this level.

You're talking like we had 39 clear cut chances, 37 of them was Coutinho trying to find his range from 25-30 yards man, we played our 4th choice striker a pretty much inexperienced 20 year old because of an injury crisis, when Benteke came on, he almost won the game for us and snatched at another couple of chances he'd have probably done a lot better with if he was fully match fit.

Calm down and have a bit of patience, even Klopp said every one starts with a clean slate, let him get a fit squad together and his methods across and we'll see improvement from the players, no doubt.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #496: Oct 22, 2015 10:47:00 pm
      Well it's been happening for years. Pointless getting worked up about it now.

Just an observation, far from worked up friend. But it's still embarrassing.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #497: Oct 22, 2015 10:48:33 pm
      I was disappointed with Clyne tonight. Makes some powerful runs but with little end product.

Coutinho was shocking to be fair

Moreno doesn't do it for me at all and don't get me started on Allen.

I know origi is young and all that, but the guy looks like he hasn't got a clue.

Can has the right attitude and ideas but didn't really click tonight

Skrtle was just standard

Milner again just standard

Sakho was brilliant as was Lallana (his close control, turns and flair were just lovely to watch)

But F**k it, Klopp will learn a lot from tonight and fingers crossed for a sneaky win at the weekend.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #498: Oct 22, 2015 10:51:26 pm
      F**k me there's some negativity on here tonight  :mad:

What the F**k did you all expect eh?  Christ almighty give them a F***ing chance, he's been here 5 minutes, we're still missing key players, some only just back from injury and it's "where's the F***ing noose" for some of you.

Just because you thought he'd come in and turn things round immediately, doesn't mean that's how life works.  He told us all from the off this will take time, patience and a lot of hard work but the dummy spitting has started after less than a week.

I'm off to bed, some of you guys are unbelievable  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In all fairness I have some negativity about tonight's game but none of it is manager related, it's about some of the players' attitudes/execution for me. Rubin with 10 men should have been no problem but we made it look like a tough game to finish off because at times they didn't look interested.   

I'm looking forward to seeing what Jürgen can do when he has a fully fit team available and a window or two behind him.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #499: Oct 22, 2015 10:56:02 pm
      So tonight Sakho,Lallana the only two who really wanted it. Our wingbacks cannot defend Milner and Allen offer nothing,~Origi doesn't look at all confident and whats happend to Couthino is he laying the foundations for a january move to barca because he is a shadow of himself.
      Lots of work for Jürgen to do to get us competetive
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #500: Oct 22, 2015 10:57:19 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #501: Oct 22, 2015 10:58:35 pm
      So tonight Sakho,Lallana the only two who really wanted it. Our wingbacks cannot defend Milner and Allen offer nothing,~Origi doesn't look at all confident and whats happend to Couthino is he laying the foundations for a january move to barca because he is a shadow of himself.

So far I think Clyne has been excellent this season but he was pretty awful tonight. Horrific touch at times, slow off the mark and made a fool of in their goal. Has to pick it up big style against his former team on Sunday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #502: Oct 22, 2015 10:58:52 pm

The way he's playing I seriously doubt Barcelona would be interested in Coutinho
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #503: Oct 22, 2015 11:05:04 pm
      I really really hope you are right but I'm starting to think that this group of players just don't have it, they have no fight, no passion and crucially no skill with a few, a very very few, exceptions.

Buddy, I feel as frustrated as you are at the moment. Let's be honest and admit that the few horrendous years under BR negative tactics, Klopp simply can't change all that in just 2 games. Not forgetting many players were asked to play out of position plus the injuries. Klopp may have already putting the players back into their original position, again it takes time for the players to adjust and to form an understanding with fellow players. Let's just say, playing those players out of position for so long just gave these players a chance to be complacent and lazy and a total change of mindset could be ongoing at the moment.

If we could endure so much sufferings under BR's negative tactics, surely we can give Klopp at least until the end of the season and judge how much he has improved the team. What I saw on the pitch is, players are becoming more competitive, better positioning, having greater urgency, putting in the tackles and started to win 50-50 challenges and started to create some scoring opportunities as well, except scoring. So, all these are improvement that I saw in the last 2 games.

Agreed that we have too many average players, sadly that's the case now and nothing much that Klopp could do except to work with what is in front of him and to get the best out of them until the transfer window opens. I'm sure comes end of the season, he will have a shortlist of players to ship out and in because the owners are not going to give him forever to improve the team.

I'm not a very patient person, but the extend of the damage is so great that it is a gigantic task ahead for Klopp, hence, patience is needed at the moment.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #504: Oct 22, 2015 11:05:20 pm
      Just got back from the match and all I can say is that was gash. Don't care who the manager is or how long he has been here for, that was utter sh*te and had Brendan been in charge there would have been boos all around the ground. Granted they are Brendan's players and he was here for three seasons but even so, there was no improvement on the performance.

Mignolet - Made a good save in the first half. Had little else to do. Don't think he could have done anything for the goal.

Clyne - Lacks confidence in the final third. Poor shooting, poor final ball. Needs to hog the touch line and look at getting in behind more.

Sakho - motm by a country mile.

Skrtel - his usual self. Gets away with a lot because sakho is alongside him now and not Lovren

Moreno - similar to Clyne. Needs to bomb on down that wing more and get in behind the defence. His final pass can be shocking too.

Allen - awful. Worst player on the pitch. I hope he was dragged off because of his performance rather than taken off because he was on a yellow. Lucas did far better when he came on.

Milner - what a bizarre player. Good in spells then so sh*t almost within seconds of doing something half decent. Really inconsistent.

Can - thought he had a good game. Tackled well at times and looked quite good when bombing forward too.

Coutinho - had one of those games where the ball kept bouncing off his shin. Still would have kept him on though.

Lallana - frustrates me more than any player. He involved himself a lot more tonight but every time he's on the ball he has to do 5 cruyff turns before he releases it. He slows the play down a lot. He's got the talent but he needs to F**k off being too fancy all the time

Origi - sh*t. Not good enough for us can see that clearly. He will never bag goals regularly

Benteke - should have scored. Static for the half an hour he was on the pitch. He was waiting for the ball to come to him rather than making something happen for himself

Firmino - not on long enough to make an impact. Couple of poor passes and shots. Looked rusty

Overall, sh*te. Not criticising Klopp in the slightest before I get abuse for this post. I'm just stating that the performance wasn't good enough against a very average side who were down to ten men before half time. Our 11 were more than capable of getting 3 points and they didn't deliver. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the back of few players and Klopp bringing in his own men. For me, there are only 4 or 5 players good enough for the first 11 and the rest are either squad players or not good enough at all.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #505: Oct 22, 2015 11:05:26 pm
      10 - men, at home to the mighty Rubin Kazan, and this team still can't win.

Disappointing is an understatement.

Quick Reply