Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Pre Match: Liverpool v West Brom (Premier League) - Sun 13 December 4pm GMT

Read 9605 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,656 posts | 6949 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v West Brom (Premier League) - Sun 13 December 4pm GMT
      Dec 11, 2015 04:48:23 pm

Liverpool's recent record at Anfield against West Brom is mixed.  Liverpool have won the last two but lost the two before that.

Coutinho returned for the reds from the bench against FC Sion, whilst Jordan Henderson got over an hour worth of playing time.

The reds have had indifferent results at Anfield, and West Brom have only lost three times in their last 11 away games.

Liverpool are 8th and level on points with Crystal Palace and West Ham.  Depending on other results even a win could see us stay in 8th place.

Spurs are 3 points ahead in 5th but have a goal difference 12 goals better than us.

I'd go for

Mignolet

Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren - Moreno

Henderson - Can - Lucas

Firmino - Benteke - Coutinho
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v West Brom (Premier League) - Sun 13 December 4pm GMT
      Reply #1: Dec 11, 2015 04:54:42 pm
      Agree with the majority of that team but would keep Benteke on the bench and bring him if we need a plan B.

I would have Lallana, Firmino and Couts as the front 3.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Dec 11, 2015 04:56:28 pm
      West Brom are quite a defense team, aren't they? I can see them sitting back and frustrating us. It's gonna be a difficult match imo.

LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #3: Dec 11, 2015 05:04:10 pm
      Personally, I think we should go for 2 up front here with Coutinho playing behind Origi and Firmino. Bring Benteke on after 60/65 if we need a plan B but don't think he should start. The reason I've gone for 2 up front is because I think we have to give such a defensive team more than one problem to worry about up top.

Mignolet;
      Clyne,
      Skrtel,
      Lovren,
      Moreno;
      Lucas,
      Henderson,
      Can;
      Coutinho;
      Origi,
      Firmino;

A 4-3-1-2 or even a diamond shape if need be. Get the fullbacks forward as well as they can provide the width.

Going for a 2-0 win with Phil and Divock getting the goals.

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,656 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2015 05:26:05 pm
      West Brom are quite a defense team, aren't they? I can see them sitting back and frustrating us. It's gonna be a difficult match imo.

Conceded 19 so probably not too bad.  That's only 2 more than we've conceded and I feel like we've not been too bad lately. 
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2015 05:39:26 pm
      Finding it hard to pick a team for this one, but I'd go with:

Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Henderson (c)
      Lucas
      Emre Can

Coutinho
      Lallana

Benteke

Subs: Bogdan; Toure, Smith; Milner; Ibe, Firmino; Origi.

2-0 to us!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #6: Dec 11, 2015 06:25:13 pm
       Firminho has done nothing to warrant starting been absolutely awful last 4 games
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Dec 11, 2015 07:43:23 pm
               Mignolet
      Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno
             Milner, Can
      Lallana, Coutinho, Ibe
                 Origi

We've laboured a bit at home recently
      Not sure that I expect it to be different on Sunday
      So maybe we need to do something else
      I've left out Lucas, not because he's been playing poorly, but just for the sake of maximising attacking players, guys with goal threat, who get forward up to the opposition box, which Lucas is not going to do.
      Imo Benteke slows our play down, and Hendo is not quite ready to start PL at home, above Milner
      Ibe needs to improve final ball (still) but he is a threat, and just hope Cou gets back on form quickly and his leg holds up
      Hendo and Benteke to be thrown on toward the end if plan A goes to sh*t.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Dec 11, 2015 07:59:58 pm
      I have got to take our REDS to win this comfortably and make up for Newcastle. The  lads will want to put on an exhibition and I am sure they will.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #9: Dec 11, 2015 09:52:33 pm
      For anyone looking for a ticket there are still tickets available for this on the official site ,something to do with christmas perhaps, just think this is going to be another tough one old Tony not known for his attacking flair, and thats where we seem to be struggling, when we have to break a tight team down ,hoping the team will want to right last weekends debacle .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,656 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Dec 11, 2015 10:12:45 pm
      For anyone looking for a ticket there are still tickets available for this on the official site ,something to do with christmas perhaps, just think this is going to be another tough one old Tony not known for his attacking flair, and thats where we seem to be struggling, when we have to break a tight team down ,hoping the team will want to right last weekends debacle .

Not surprised there's the odd couple left over.  I swerved this one because I'm going Boxing Day.  I didn't know when I got them that I'd picked the game against the league leaders!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #11: Dec 11, 2015 11:13:42 pm
      Should be a cracker on boxing day ,was thinking of doing boxing day but we always have a family get together christmas night, and it would have been too much of a risk driving all that way. Looking forward to sunday as my dad hasn,t been able to go for a while, will be three generations of us there on sun, just hope my nephew brings us luck again, my lucky charm or so my sister say,s.   
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #12: Dec 11, 2015 11:29:45 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren - Moreno

Henderson - Can - Lucas

Firmino - Benteke - Coutinho

I think I would go with this team too. Against a West Brom side that I think will come to defend and hit us on set pieces, Benteke's power in the air might be useful at both ends.

Struggled to decide between Lallana and Firmino (as Firmino has been poor last couple of games) but decided with Coutinho back he may up his game again.

My manc mate has been saying that the "new manager effect" is now over and that we are now back where we were with Brendan... hope we prove him wrong in this game.

Early goal and we can win this comfortably, longer the game goes on and the more the pressure will mount, but I think we will get it and win 3-0
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,274 posts | 4935 
      Reply #13: Dec 11, 2015 11:34:27 pm
      With Pulis going with 4 CB at times I'd want us to go with a fluid front three of Phil, Firmino and Lallana for this one to try and draw them out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: Dec 12, 2015 12:29:21 am
      With Pulis going with 4 CB at times I'd want us to go with a fluid front three of Phil, Firmino and Lallana for this one to try and draw them out.

Good Plan.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #15: Dec 12, 2015 03:22:07 am
      If the last two results/performances are anything to go by, it would suggest the honeymoon period is over now. Tough fixture, and Klopp needs to get his tactics and team selection right against this lot. He got it wrong at Newcastle by starting Benteke, and i don't think the big Belgian deserves a spot In the team, though I fear Klopp may persist with him. If so, I think it will be another disjointed attacking performance, that will bring out the groans in support and will take a moment of brilliance to make the breakthrough. Benteke is capable of this too, but I don't think he is deserving of wearing the red jersey and starting on Sunday.

I hope my fears are put to rest by the 15th minute and we're 3 to the good already by then but I think this will be a frustrating watch.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #16: Dec 12, 2015 04:51:07 am
      Depends which Liverpool turns up TBH, my 11 would be

,Mignolet
      Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno
             Henderson, Can
      Lallana, Coutinho, Ibe
                 Origi
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Dec 12, 2015 09:51:24 am
      My XI for this would be:

Bogdan
        Clyne Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                     Lucas
                Can     Henderson
       Lallana                   Coutinho
                    Firmino

We need as much creativity as we can pack into the side, along with players willing to press together. Right now with Sturridge out I think this is our best XI, of course Bogdan wont get the nod but other than that I'd love to see this come out on Sunday.

Think we'll win this and get back on track in the league.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Dec 12, 2015 10:18:26 am
      My XI for this would be:

Bogdan
                     Lucas
                Can     Henderson
       Lallana                   Coutinho
                    Firmino

We need as much creativity as we can pack into the side, along with players willing to press together. Right now with Sturridge out I think this is our best XI, of course Bogdan wont get the nod but other than that I'd love to see this come out on Sunday.

Think we'll win this and get back on track in the league.

Set a date yet? ;)

For what it's worth, I agree with the team you've picked. A fluid front 3 who can rotate and keep the defence on their toes is the way to go.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19: Dec 12, 2015 10:41:03 am
      Need an early goal or could be a long afternoon
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: Dec 12, 2015 10:42:05 am
      Set a date yet? ;)

For what it's worth, I agree with the team you've picked. A fluid front 3 who can rotate and keep the defence on their toes is the way to go.

It's more my dislike of Migs than it is my love of Bogdan to be honest, I really think we'd struggle to do any worse. Plus the times we've seen Bogdan he's actually looked better, to Migs credit his distribution looked better the other night so... here's hoping his Mrs has had another little chat with him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Dec 12, 2015 10:51:04 am
      It's more my dislike of Migs than it is my love of Bogdan to be honest, I really think we'd struggle to do any worse. Plus the times we've seen Bogdan he's actually looked better, to Migs credit his distribution looked better the other night so... here's hoping his Mrs has had another little chat with him.

Totally agree Luke.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2015 10:55:49 am

I feel the exact same.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2015 12:02:41 pm
      Bogdan has looked very comfortable whenever I have seen him and he can kick with both feet. Migs almost caused chaos in the first couple of minutes on Thursday....what will it take for him to be dropped or what does Bogdan have to do to get a game?.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2015 12:15:24 pm
      Bogdan has looked very comfortable whenever I have seen him and he can kick with both feet. Migs almost caused chaos in the first couple of minutes on Thursday....what will it take for him to be dropped or what does Bogdan have to do to get a game?.

He needs to be better than Migs mate.  ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2015 12:21:27 pm
      He needs to be better than Migs mate.  ;)

how can he do that sitting on his arse then.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2015 12:39:09 pm
      how can he do that sitting on his arse then.

Show Klopp in training.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2015 12:44:22 pm

he has shown him playing in the League Cup he was good enough to start in that and do very well.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2015 01:17:17 pm

Or we cut to the chase and solve the problem once and for all in January .
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2015 01:37:12 pm
      We need this win so badly after a lose and a draw. To gain some confidence for the festive season.

I won't be home for this game, I'm finding it difficult on Sunday's games.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2015 02:24:47 pm

Didn't Klopp say in one of his press conferences that his information on the goalkeeping situation mainly comes from our GK coach?

Anyway, we still don't know if Bogdan is better than Migs or not, we have rarely seen him play, but when he has, he's looked more assured and commanding imo.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2015 03:06:29 pm
      Didn't Klopp say in one of his press conferences that his information on the goalkeeping situation mainly comes from our GK coach?

Anyway, we still don't know if Bogdan is better than Migs or not, we have rarely seen him play, but when he has, he's looked more assured and commanding imo.

Fair enough. But at the end of the day it comes down to the man picking who plays between the sticks.

The way people go on about Mignolet, you'd think he's about as much use as a pair of braces hanging from the crossbar. Although, judging by his playing time, Klopp doesn't think so - and I'd be more inclined to go with him than some of the entrenched views, and hate on here for Mignolet.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2015 05:34:07 pm
      Its tight mid-table but seeing Watford above us, Palace, Everton, West Ham...We need to win and by a few goals for the goal difference.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2015 05:58:41 pm
      We really need to step on the gas. Looks as though the mid-table teams have already started doing that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2015 08:22:01 pm
      seems every week now we get a chance to make a step up this is another one. The crowd need to play their part
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2015 08:39:39 pm
      3 points far more important then the performance for this game.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2015 09:33:43 pm
      They haven't done too badly this season, West Brom. Disciplined, well-organised, tough to beat, and they concede very few goals away from home.

Pulis has stifled us in the past on more than one occasion so we should know what to expect this time.

I'd like to see Coutinho, Can, Lallana and Firmino playing, hopefully providing the guile to unlock the West Brom defence.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #37: Dec 12, 2015 09:40:06 pm
      3 points please Red men!  After ManUre dropped points and the Bitters scraped a draw, we desperately need to claw some ground back.  However, I feel Pulis will park the bus again and we will end up 0-0 or 1-1.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38: Dec 12, 2015 09:41:35 pm
      Games against West Brom are never easy and usually ugly..
      They have a midfield that can get nasty with the likes of Morrison and Fletcher and that tw*t Olsson has always
      been a dirty b***ard.

So Can, Lucas, Allen infact whoever Jürgen picks in midfield will need their gum shields in.

The big question is do we play with Benteke up on his own (again) or will it be Firmino, Couts and Lallana doing the biz?

West Brom under Pulis have ground out a few decent results in the last few weeks and his tradition of arriving at Anfield with a fleet of Buses probably won't change..

An early goal to get the crowd going would be nice and keep Ricky Lambert out of the Kop end goal please !!

Valuable points and a bit of leap frogging up the table up for grabs.. Lets not blow it !!

I'm going for a hard fought sneaky 2-1 win...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Dec 12, 2015 11:31:08 pm
      Come the F**k on!
      veselier
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 12, 2015 11:39:17 pm
      Need an early goal or could be a long afternoon

explains everything !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2015 12:00:25 am
      - and I'd be more inclined to go with him than some of the entrenched views, and hate on here for Mignolet.
      I wonder why you feel the need to write such inflammatory stuff show us all where anyone has posted anything hateful about Mignolet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2015 12:34:08 am
      Its tight mid-table but seeing Watford above us, Palace, Everton, West Ham...We need to win and by a few goals for the goal difference.

Traction.

3 points and we get up into the mix .
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2015 06:21:05 am
      We need a determined team to play for their life against the buses. We need to show character and belief. Klopp do your magic with the selection, an audience has no merit to speak about his master's decision :)
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015 06:51:54 am by clint_call01 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2015 06:41:35 am
      I wonder why you feel the need to write such inflammatory stuff show us all where anyone has posted anything hateful about Mignolet.

My post wasn't aimed at you. Don't take it personally.

Back to topic, a frustrating 1-0 win to the reds, I predict.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2015 06:49:25 am
      My post wasn't aimed at you. Don't take it personally.

Back to topic, a frustrating 1-0 win to the reds, I predict.

Mate, a win is always a win. I would love 38 frustrating wins.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #46: Dec 13, 2015 06:51:41 am
      Mate, a win is always a win. I would love 38 frustrating wins.
      True.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #47: Dec 13, 2015 07:53:38 am
      Im sure we will get a win here,and i mostly like the team that you have posted but i am just not sure should Coutinho be a starter straight away.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #48: Dec 13, 2015 08:42:00 am
      Have a good day all just leaving for the game .coyr .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Dec 13, 2015 09:05:31 am
      Have a good day all just leaving for the game .coyr .
      Enjoy the match Andy then come back and tell us how good it was watching us thrash West Brom.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #50: Dec 13, 2015 09:10:32 am
      I hope that it will not be a theatre like atmosphere today at Anfield.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #51: Dec 13, 2015 11:23:50 am
      I hate Pulis's teams f**king awful games, it really doesn't qualify as entertainment. As usual being at home will mean we should win but probably won't.

0-0
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #52: Dec 13, 2015 11:31:59 am
      I hate when we play a Tony pulis team,
      he mainly park the bus at every away(and sometimes even home ones) game , its simply his type of plan for games
      so we need an early goal so they  open up a little more,which normally is not done immediately
       we MUST grab this opportunity with a home game to get closer to the top places ,we simply cannot go in the holiday games sitting in 10th place

SO COME ON REDS

YNWA
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #53: Dec 13, 2015 11:32:30 am
      I hate when we play a Tony pulis team,
      he mainly park the bus at every away(and sometimes even home ones) game , its simply his type of plan for games
      so we need an early goal so they  open up a little more,which normally is not done immediately
       we MUST grab this opportunity with a home game to get closer to the top places ,we simply cannot go in the xmas in 10th place

SO COME ON REDS

YNWA

Its time to park it out :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Dec 13, 2015 12:17:19 pm
      Suffering with a horrid bout of flu so a win would be very welcome. 

Come on the Reds!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #55: Dec 13, 2015 12:36:10 pm

Come on the Reds!!

Brutal Debs - been floored for 2 weeks only made it out the door for first time on Thursday for an hour - that nearly killed me!. Had forgotten what "real flu" was like (not the "man" variant!).

Still feel pretty skittish but deffo on mend.

Take care and don't rush it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #56: Dec 13, 2015 12:40:13 pm
      Brutal Debs - been floored for 2 weeks only made it out the door for first time on Thursday for an hour - that nearly killed me!. Had forgotten what "real flu" was like (not the "man" variant!).

A doctor friend of the family once told me one of the best tests for real flu is put £10 on the floor and see if they pick it up, if they can they haven't got flu.

Only had it once in my life and it really does knock you for 6. Best thing I ever had though it actually made me quit smoking for a week and then when I tried one after it I didn't like the taste so a real blessing for me in the end, was a 20 a day smoker before that (about 20 year old at the time).

Bacon never tasted so good though, the salt really cuts through.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #57: Dec 13, 2015 12:43:51 pm
      A doctor friend of the family once told me one of the best tests for real flu is put £10 on the floor and see if they pick it up, if they can they haven't got flu.

Only had it once in my life and it really does knock you for 6. Best thing I ever had though it actually made me quit smoking for a week and then when I tried one after it I didn't like the taste so a real blessing for me in the end, was a 20 a day smoker before that (about 20 year old at the time).

Bacon never tasted so good though, the salt really cuts through.

Funny Luke - I've done the same thing with the sauce.

Probably temporary but good opportunity to re-boot that particular relationship.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1488 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #58: Dec 13, 2015 01:30:40 pm
      Working over time so won't be able to watch so we should destroy them 7-1....
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #59: Dec 13, 2015 01:37:22 pm
      Don't think Milner and Firmino have earned a place in the starting XI today. I'd go

Mignolet
                 Can Lucas
      Lallana  Coutinho  Ibe
                   Benteke
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Dec 13, 2015 01:43:23 pm
      Don't think Milner and Firmino have earned a place in the starting XI today. I'd go

Mignolet
                 Can Lucas
      Lallana  Coutinho  Ibe
                   Benteke
      I'd rather Firmino than Benteke. I'm absolutely fed up of him missing sitters that 95% of fans would score themselves. It seems to be a sitter a game. He does score goals, probably 1 for every 2 he should score.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #61: Dec 13, 2015 02:02:45 pm

Cheers mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #62: Dec 13, 2015 02:21:24 pm

Come on the Reds!!

that would be the horrid Woman flu Debs so much worse than man flu......I am sure a good win will make you feel a lot better
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #63: Dec 13, 2015 02:28:06 pm
      Think most of us would take a 1-0 win with just 1 shot on target against Pulis.

I understand why people employ him but he really does anger every football loving fan with his style. Really hope we stuff 'em good and proper, as has been said above they've got some horrible players who don't mind being dirty which we must match.

Very interested how Jürgen sets up against them and looking forward to the starting XI being announced.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #64: Dec 13, 2015 02:42:02 pm

Mignolet
                 Can Lucas
      Lallana  Coutinho  Ibe
                   Benteke
      Swap Milner with Ibe (has been out with a flu lately) and thats the team. Think we need Benteke rather than Firmino agaist packed defence of thugs. I sense big Liverpool win in this one. coyr
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Dec 13, 2015 02:44:39 pm
      These 4pm Sunday games are a pain in the arse, feels like I've been waiting forever for this game.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #66: Dec 13, 2015 02:45:59 pm
      Gone for a 2  1 win for the Reds, although could be difficult the way Pulis sets out his side.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #67: Dec 13, 2015 02:52:24 pm
      Lallana has to play in imo, along with Coutinho and Firmino.  Get among those big lads, pull em all over the shop and turn em inside out.

I'd leave big Ben out til late. 

Three points here are vital if we're serious about top 4.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #68: Dec 13, 2015 02:59:01 pm
      Tony Pulis will potentially kill this game today, having said that, if we attack from the first whistle and get an early goal it'll drag them out and could make for an entertaining match win.

COYR!  :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1:

Really looking forward to this one. Coutinho back, home game, Christamassy feel...all we need is the tea lady to slip Pulis a tab of acid before kick off and his tactical approach will surely loosen up!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #69: Dec 13, 2015 03:04:27 pm
      Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Henderson, Can, Milner; Lallana, Benteke, Coutinho

Confirmed, like the team to be honest. Can't argue too much with Firmino getting dropped, Lucas has looked a little leggy too so there's logic there. Think it'll be an energy full team but we need Benteke to move his arse up top. If he presses too then we can dominate them early on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #70: Dec 13, 2015 03:04:49 pm
      that would be the horrid Woman flu Debs so much worse than man flu......I am sure a good win will make you feel a lot better

True on both parts Walt. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,656 posts | 6949 
      Reply #71: Dec 13, 2015 03:06:09 pm
      Teams are in. Pre Match Topic Locked.

In game thread is here http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48334.0.html

Quick Reply