Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Pre Match: Liverpool v West Brom (Premier League) - Sun 13 December 4pm GMT

Read 9622 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v West Brom (Premier League) - Sun 13 December 4pm GMT
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2015 12:02:41 pm
      Bogdan has looked very comfortable whenever I have seen him and he can kick with both feet. Migs almost caused chaos in the first couple of minutes on Thursday....what will it take for him to be dropped or what does Bogdan have to do to get a game?.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2015 12:15:24 pm
      Bogdan has looked very comfortable whenever I have seen him and he can kick with both feet. Migs almost caused chaos in the first couple of minutes on Thursday....what will it take for him to be dropped or what does Bogdan have to do to get a game?.

He needs to be better than Migs mate.  ;)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2015 12:21:27 pm
      He needs to be better than Migs mate.  ;)

how can he do that sitting on his arse then.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2015 12:39:09 pm
      how can he do that sitting on his arse then.

Show Klopp in training.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2015 12:44:22 pm

he has shown him playing in the League Cup he was good enough to start in that and do very well.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2015 01:17:17 pm

Or we cut to the chase and solve the problem once and for all in January .
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2015 01:37:12 pm
      We need this win so badly after a lose and a draw. To gain some confidence for the festive season.

I won't be home for this game, I'm finding it difficult on Sunday's games.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2015 02:24:47 pm

Didn't Klopp say in one of his press conferences that his information on the goalkeeping situation mainly comes from our GK coach?

Anyway, we still don't know if Bogdan is better than Migs or not, we have rarely seen him play, but when he has, he's looked more assured and commanding imo.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2015 03:06:29 pm
      Didn't Klopp say in one of his press conferences that his information on the goalkeeping situation mainly comes from our GK coach?

Anyway, we still don't know if Bogdan is better than Migs or not, we have rarely seen him play, but when he has, he's looked more assured and commanding imo.

Fair enough. But at the end of the day it comes down to the man picking who plays between the sticks.

The way people go on about Mignolet, you'd think he's about as much use as a pair of braces hanging from the crossbar. Although, judging by his playing time, Klopp doesn't think so - and I'd be more inclined to go with him than some of the entrenched views, and hate on here for Mignolet.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2015 05:34:07 pm
      Its tight mid-table but seeing Watford above us, Palace, Everton, West Ham...We need to win and by a few goals for the goal difference.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2015 05:58:41 pm
      We really need to step on the gas. Looks as though the mid-table teams have already started doing that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2015 08:22:01 pm
      seems every week now we get a chance to make a step up this is another one. The crowd need to play their part
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2015 08:39:39 pm
      3 points far more important then the performance for this game.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1224 
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2015 09:33:43 pm
      They haven't done too badly this season, West Brom. Disciplined, well-organised, tough to beat, and they concede very few goals away from home.

Pulis has stifled us in the past on more than one occasion so we should know what to expect this time.

I'd like to see Coutinho, Can, Lallana and Firmino playing, hopefully providing the guile to unlock the West Brom defence.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #37: Dec 12, 2015 09:40:06 pm
      3 points please Red men!  After ManUre dropped points and the Bitters scraped a draw, we desperately need to claw some ground back.  However, I feel Pulis will park the bus again and we will end up 0-0 or 1-1.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38: Dec 12, 2015 09:41:35 pm
      Games against West Brom are never easy and usually ugly..
      They have a midfield that can get nasty with the likes of Morrison and Fletcher and that tw*t Olsson has always
      been a dirty b***ard.

So Can, Lucas, Allen infact whoever Jürgen picks in midfield will need their gum shields in.

The big question is do we play with Benteke up on his own (again) or will it be Firmino, Couts and Lallana doing the biz?

West Brom under Pulis have ground out a few decent results in the last few weeks and his tradition of arriving at Anfield with a fleet of Buses probably won't change..

An early goal to get the crowd going would be nice and keep Ricky Lambert out of the Kop end goal please !!

Valuable points and a bit of leap frogging up the table up for grabs.. Lets not blow it !!

I'm going for a hard fought sneaky 2-1 win...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Dec 12, 2015 11:31:08 pm
      Come the F**k on!
      veselier
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 12, 2015 11:39:17 pm
      Need an early goal or could be a long afternoon

explains everything !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2015 12:00:25 am
      - and I'd be more inclined to go with him than some of the entrenched views, and hate on here for Mignolet.
      I wonder why you feel the need to write such inflammatory stuff show us all where anyone has posted anything hateful about Mignolet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2015 12:34:08 am
      Its tight mid-table but seeing Watford above us, Palace, Everton, West Ham...We need to win and by a few goals for the goal difference.

Traction.

3 points and we get up into the mix .
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2015 06:21:05 am
      We need a determined team to play for their life against the buses. We need to show character and belief. Klopp do your magic with the selection, an audience has no merit to speak about his master's decision :)
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015 06:51:54 am by clint_call01 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2015 06:41:35 am
      I wonder why you feel the need to write such inflammatory stuff show us all where anyone has posted anything hateful about Mignolet.

My post wasn't aimed at you. Don't take it personally.

Back to topic, a frustrating 1-0 win to the reds, I predict.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2015 06:49:25 am
      My post wasn't aimed at you. Don't take it personally.

Back to topic, a frustrating 1-0 win to the reds, I predict.

Mate, a win is always a win. I would love 38 frustrating wins.

Quick Reply