Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 36150 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Re: Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #644: Dec 20, 2015 05:17:28 pm
      Just looked right from the start that only one team wanted to bust a gut to get the win and that team deserved the victory no doubt.
      we on the other hand looked like we were up all night on the piss or playing xbox .
      I thought hendo tried his best and origi wasn't too awful but the rest....Rubbish .
      One thing though , the ball was in the air that much, its a wonder they all don't have neck ache at watford . Reminded me of the 80's wimbledon side in the first half.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #645: Dec 20, 2015 05:37:13 pm
      Bogdan cost us the game this week with his 5 minute blunder. All confidence went after that. Is goalkeeping really that difficult? He's 6 feet four or five, and with his arms up in the air to catch the ball, there is no contest. No out field player can compete with that. So there shouldn't be the nervousness that is present with our keepers in coming to collect easy crosses. Bread and butter crosses for ANY keeper, let alone a PL keeper at a big club. So clearly, there is something wrong somewhere.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #646: Dec 20, 2015 05:39:43 pm
      And to think we wasted the Suarez and Sterling money on all this sh*te, £125M.....................Jesus Wept 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #647: Dec 20, 2015 05:50:27 pm
      And to think we wasted the Suarez and Sterling money on all this sh*te, £125M.....................Jesus Wept 

It's almost funny in a sickening way. Combined cost of Watford or Leicester? Significantly less than said amount I'd wager. Probably for both teams...

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #648: Dec 20, 2015 06:01:56 pm
      sh*te performance and there is no doubt that some of our players either aren't good enough or don't have the fight to enable them to show how good they are. However, I do not believe all our players are sh*te... they just played sh*te today.

We have to bounce back from this game and until Jürgen buys some better players, these are the players that are going to have to do the bouncing.

We have some good players, but the team and the squad is simply not strong enough and as soon as we make changes or have changes imposed on us through injury the whole F***ing house of cards comes tumbling down. Same when other teams decide they are not going to let us play our pretty pressing, passing and moving style but are going to test us physically ... we just can't cope.

Too many clubs have now got our number ... defend deep, hit us on the break, be physical and keep the ball in the air and unless we find a solution soon we are going to be seeing a lot more defeats like today.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #649: Dec 20, 2015 06:22:30 pm
      Firmino: His haircut is starting to annoy the f*** out of me, as is the silly tattoo on his neck.

Lallana: seeing his perfectly coiffured locks in an advert for Head & Shoulders at half time was enough to make me wretch.

Strongly worded post that, but these 2 sentences made me laugh.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #650: Dec 20, 2015 06:25:04 pm
      F.ucking pathetic.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #651: Dec 20, 2015 06:26:22 pm
      Luis got three in the semi and two out of three in the World Club Final today .

Shine on !

(Dont look over your shoulder Luis ... it would upset you)
      This post makes me sad. I miss that old bugger.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #652: Dec 20, 2015 06:28:04 pm
      Twatted by Newcastle, twatted by Watford

Oh and I forgot our twatting by West Ham.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #653: Dec 20, 2015 06:41:59 pm
      Interesting that when hammering City, Saints etc, Klopp was hailed as a genius and people were exclaiming they knew all along that the players were good enough and BR was sh*te.

Now, when we are arguably as bad as we ever where at low points under BR, it's the players that are too blame.

I don't know what's gone wrong since we had those excellent away performances recently, but we are getting steadily worse from game to game. Winning against big sides is worth F**k all if capitulating against the 'minnows'.

We were awful today. We got brushed aside EASILY by F***ing Watford. EASILY!!! Some terrible individual performances. Straight from the off, ANOTHER howler from our keeper :( We seemed light in midfield, didn't give the back 4 enough cover, or contribute enough up front. We looked stretched at the back, and made individual errors. Lallana and Cou were poor. Firmino's had one good game at City, and done F**k all else since arriving for big bucks. Benteke can't even get on ahead of Origi.

As poor as the performance was from the players, the manager also needs to take some responsibility, can't just take the credit when we do well. We looked tired, in body and mind. The players look lacking in confidence, and without any strategy for opening up Watford - which we repeatedly failed to do. And you'd think away from home, we'd get more space to get in behind.

Klopp has a proven record so you have to think we'll improve long term. And his job is safe. But we need to improve on today, because that was F***ing ABJECT all round.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #654: Dec 20, 2015 06:51:44 pm
      What an embarrassing display. Not a single one of our players stood up and put in a decent shift. Watford's players wanted it, and our players folded.  We fold if it's rainy, we fold when it's cold, and we fold when teams get physical with us. We have some quality players, but we lack F***ing stones.....

Unfortunately, it also appears we have very few players who actually suit Klopp's tactics.  So many of the lads just look lost. Migs/Bogdan aren't sweeper keepers. Skrtel isn't a front foot defender. Lucas doesn't have the legs. Milner hasn't got the quality.  Etc, etc, etc.  Brendan placed too much focus on recruiting versatile players, and now we have a bunch of players who are jack of all, master of none.....

I am truly dumbfounded at how we can piss all over City and Southampton, then turn around and get sh*t on by Newcastle, West Brom, and Watford.....  All three of those teams played Championship level tactics -- 2 banks of 4, well organized, long ball counter attacks, and exploit set pieces.  We looked like we would struggle in League One today.....

Good luck Jürgen.... you have quite a job on your hands.....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #655: Dec 20, 2015 06:52:28 pm
      Interesting that when hammering City, Saints etc, Klopp was hailed as a genius and people were exclaiming they knew all along that the players were good enough and BR was sh*te.

Now, when we are arguably as bad as we ever where at low points under BR, it's the players that are too blame.

Sick and tired of comments like this on here today. Started the moment Watford got their first goal regarding Bogdan. The only criticism I have of LFCReds is that there are far too many people on here who essentially look to say "I told you so", or comments like yours at the first opportunity.

What do you want from people? When we are winning against the top teams of course everything will seem rosy and make some players look better than they are but the more wins we get and more we play well optimism builds but then there is a select few who jump right on in there at the first chance. Did you want us to say it was just papering over the cracks when we stuffed City and Saints? when we were in good form and picking up wins...

Christ sake, we weren't good enough yet again, we don't need "I told you so" or calling people hypocrites.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #656: Dec 20, 2015 06:54:06 pm
      Complete overhaul is required in the Summer.

Pretty sure that is not going to happen.  Rodgers spent all of FSG's money.  They'll pitch in a little here and there but there aren't going to be any more overhauls, thanks to FSG being burned by Brendan F***ing Rodgers.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #657: Dec 20, 2015 06:57:06 pm
      Sick and tired of comments like this on here today. Started the moment Watford got their first goal regarding Bogdan. The only criticism I have of LFCReds is that there are far too many people on here who essentially look to say "I told you so", or comments like yours at the first opportunity.

What do you want from people? When we are winning against the top teams of course everything will seem rosy and make some players look better than they are but the more wins we get and more we play well optimism builds but then there is a select few who jump right on in there at the first chance. Did you want us to say it was just papering over the cracks when we stuffed City and Saints? when we were in good form and picking up wins...

Christ sake, we weren't good enough yet again, we don't need "I told you so" or calling people hypocrites.

I think he is just asking the question why is Klopp not taking any blame for our performance today rather than saying I told you so.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #658: Dec 20, 2015 07:02:26 pm

Don't know what the other comments were, this is my first, and I only read the last couple of pages.
      Not trying to say told you so. I've still got a bit of a hangover from the anti-BR bile, sure ... but I'm 100% behind Klopp, he's a top record in mgmt and I want him to do well like everyone else.
      But when you go away and loose 0-3 to Watford, following on from 2 recent poor performances in the PL, what do you want. A group hug? Just calling it the way I saw it.
      But not going to sit here and say that is good enough, cause it's not.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #659: Dec 20, 2015 07:11:27 pm
      I think he is just asking the question why is Klopp not taking any blame for our performance today rather than saying I told you so.

But not going to sit here and say that is good enough, cause it's not.

No one is saying that. I just don't get why you felt the need to say about how we cheer when we win with Klopp against City etc but then when we lose it's suddenly all the players fault.

Klopp has been questioned over some of his decisions in terms of player selections for example, either before or during the games so far. But the biggest concern at the moment is all the individual errors that lead to goals, that is why the players get so much sh*t when we lose at the moment. If we were losing to a 20, 30 yard belter into the top corner, or by getting completely carved open by a good team move then fair enough, I for one can just about stomach a defeat. What I can't take is losing due to gifting the other team goals so that for me, is why the players are getting a lot of flack but Klopp seemingly getting next to none. But we can't forget, for the moment, Klopp can only use what he was left with so until he makes some of his own signings he will have that bit of slack.
      zamochit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #660: Dec 20, 2015 07:12:34 pm
      Saw the game and felt like the Man city vs Liverpool game.Except we were playing like Man City. We lost the ball way much.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #661: Dec 20, 2015 07:21:15 pm

Strongly worded post that, but these 2 sentences made me laugh.

Funny though, if it were hairstyles we might just have the best midfield in the midfield. They certainly care about their hair as much if not more than their footy in some of the cases.

Hendo
      Can
      Lallana

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #662: Dec 20, 2015 07:46:40 pm
      We're so sh*te now that chelshit are just 6 points behind us now..
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #663: Dec 20, 2015 07:47:16 pm
      We will now find out whether Jürgen is a good manager. Leicester at home is terrifying me
      Kanewman32
      • Moderated

• 9 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Watford v Liverpool
      Reply #664: Dec 20, 2015 07:51:10 pm

I guess we should be careful what we wish for.  From bad to worse...
      Kanewman32
      • Moderated

• 9 posts |
      Reply #665: Dec 20, 2015 07:51:46 pm
      We will now find out whether Jürgen is a good manager. Leicester at home is terrifying me

Agree!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #666: Dec 20, 2015 07:56:49 pm
      Klopp is just what we need but he's not a messiah. Results like this happen.

Quick Reply