Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?

Read 8930 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?
      Dec 21, 2015 07:23:57 pm
      I was thinking about this earlier, and I reckon I've just about got is sussed out if Jürgen wanted to make a real statement. It may arguably make us slightly less likely to win (I don't think it would), but I reckon it'd be worth it both to send out a message, AND to have a look at some alternative players. By my reckoning ONLY Henderson should keep his spot, so how about TEN changes to the starting line up against Leicester? Go on Jürgen, just f****** do it:

Mignolet

Randall          Lovren (if fit)     Toure           Smith

Ibe              Teixera         Henderson         Milner   

Benteke        Origi

There, TEN changes from the starting line up against Watford. To my mind there's not a fan at Anfield who would criticise him even if Leicester rolled into town and turned us over. Lets give some other lads a go.       

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Re: What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2015 07:35:49 pm
      To be honest Mick I think Leicester could really embarrass us if we don't treat them with respect. Already reckon they must be favorites, they play in pretty much the ideal way to get points of us. Sit deep, big defenders, and break with real pace with Vardy and Mahrez the PL's in form clinical finishers.
      Also, when you look at one swap we made last week, Bogdan for Migs, that didn't go so well. So would be wary of making wholesale changes.
      We're at home, but is high press wise? Commit guys high, then leave ourselves open to them on the break?
      Would probably drop Lallana and Firmino for Origi and Ibe, and bring back Migs and Lovren if fit.

Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Toure Moreno
          Can Hendo Milner
         Ibe  Origi Coutinho

This could easily be another defeat if the players don't up the game from last week.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2015 07:37:28 pm
      Well it's not going to happen is it and why would we be prepared to lose?! Ridiculous.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015 08:06:04 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2015 07:58:35 pm
      I was thinking about this earlier, and I reckon I've just about got is sussed out if Jürgen wanted to make a real statement. It may arguably make us slightly less likely to win (I don't think it would), but I reckon it'd be worth it both to send out a message, AND to have a look at some alternative players. By my reckoning ONLY Henderson should keep his spot, so how about TEN changes to the starting line up against Leicester? Go on Jürgen, just f****** do it:

Mignolet

Randall          Lovren (if fit)     Toure           Smith

Ibe              Teixera         Henderson         Milner   

Benteke        Origi

There, TEN changes from the starting line up against Watford. To my mind there's not a fan at Anfield who would criticise him even if Leicester rolled into town and turned us over. Lets give some other lads a go.       

Bit early for the Christmas sherry.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2015 08:05:20 pm

It's never too early for the Christmas sherry, especially after yesterday! Leicester are favourites, as they should be, so, if Jürgen wants to make 10 change, I can live with that! Could they really do any worse than yesterday!

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2015 08:35:28 pm
      Well it's not going to happen is it and why would we be prepared to lose?! Ridiculous.

:-[ Oh dear. Being "prepared to lose" doesn't mean you try and lose, or even that you want to lose. Being prepared to lose means that you are prepared to take a gamble in favour of the bigger picture, something which maybe more important than the result of a particular game. In this instance, would we be any more likely to get a result with the team whcih started against Watford than we would with ten changes? Possibly, but then again we may lose the match in any case even if we don't make changes.

My point is that it would be worth taking a bit of a risk (and IMHO it would be a pretty small risk, this team would beat the one which played against Watford if they came anywhere near playing as bad again) in order to make a point, AND to have a look at the likes of Teixera. If he can't get a game after a performance like that, ditto Benteke, Origi, Ibe etc then we should get rid.

Making no changes, now THAT would be ridiculous.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2015 08:37:14 pm
      To be honest Mick I think Leicester could really embarrass us if we don't treat them with respect. Already reckon they must be favorites, they play in pretty much the ideal way to get points of us. Sit deep, big defenders, and break with real pace with Vardy and Mahrez the PL's in form clinical finishers.
      Also, when you look at one swap we made last week, Bogdan for Migs, that didn't go so well. So would be wary of making wholesale changes.
      We're at home, but is high press wise? Commit guys high, then leave ourselves open to them on the break?
      Would probably drop Lallana and Firmino for Origi and Ibe, and bring back Migs and Lovren if fit.

Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Toure Moreno
          Can Hendo Milner
         Ibe  Origi Coutinho

This could easily be another defeat if the players don't up the game from last week.

Fair enough mate, but with five changes we half agree!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2015 08:37:25 pm

no let him drink far more we might get some sense
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2015 08:38:26 pm

Haha the big fellas in the house!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9: Dec 21, 2015 08:48:24 pm
        :-[ Oh dear. Being "prepared to lose" doesn't mean you try and lose, or even that you want to lose. Being prepared to lose means that you are prepared to take a gamble in favour of the bigger picture, something which maybe more important than the result of a particular game. In this instance, would we be any more likely to get a result with the team whcih started against Watford than we would with ten changes? Possibly, but then again we may lose the match in any case even if we don't make changes.

My point is that it would be worth taking a bit of a risk (and IMHO it would be a pretty small risk, this team would beat the one which played against Watford if they came anywhere near playing as bad again) in order to make a point, AND to have a look at the likes of Teixera. If he can't get a game after a performance like that, ditto Benteke, Origi, Ibe etc then we should get rid.

Making no changes, now THAT would be ridiculous.

I know what being prepared to lose means...

Great idea for a team low on confidence at the moment, drop the lot of them. Genius that, then when it looks like a bunch of fringe players that haven't played together for a while people will wonder why.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #10: Dec 21, 2015 08:51:17 pm

Mick is a good poster mate. Just talking slight b0llocks (65%) on this occasion  :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Dec 21, 2015 08:51:37 pm
      Fair enough mate, but with five changes we half agree!

Jeez, was that five !! Guess half a team IS pretty close to wholesale :)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Dec 21, 2015 08:56:05 pm
      There are certain players that probably feel that their place isn't under threat, so definitely dropping the likes of Lallana, Can, Firmino, Moreno, might give them the push they need to step it up a notch.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #13: Dec 21, 2015 08:59:21 pm
      I know what being prepared to lose means...

Great idea for a team low on confidence at the moment, drop the lot of them. Genius that, then when it looks like a bunch of fringe players that haven't played together for a while people will wonder why.
      Low on confidence, or not trying hard enough? I don't think any of them doubt their ability, the problem is they seem to be operating at 70% instead of.giving their all.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14: Dec 21, 2015 09:10:33 pm
      Whoever Klopp selects must perform with full grit and determination, that is a must no compromise after last game.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015 09:23:07 pm by redkop63 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Dec 21, 2015 09:11:03 pm
       A bit of mischief might get a result.

+1  Mick .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #16: Dec 21, 2015 09:20:20 pm
      Low on confidence, or not trying hard enough? I don't think any of them doubt their ability, the problem is they seem to be operating at 70% instead of.giving their all.

Probably a mixture of both but dropping them all isn't the answer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2015 09:36:52 pm
      I would certainly make changes Mick, but not sure I would go all the way (I'm no slut)

Firmino and Lallana without a doubt should be dropped and probably Lucas too. The rest I think we have to stick with because we have no real alternatives, unless Mignolet and Lovren are fit which would then take me up towards half way. I was tempted to bring Brad Smith in too but I don't think it would be fair on the lad.

Hopefully Sturridge is back for the Leicester game and then it won't really matter who the other 10 are :)

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #18: Dec 21, 2015 09:39:05 pm
      Probably a mixture of both but dropping them all isn't the answer.

The answer is 42  :f_whistle:

harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #19: Dec 21, 2015 09:43:03 pm
      Think a big change is needed, if for nothing more than to give a few players a wake up call.  I'd probably opt for:

Migs
      Clyne - Toure - Lovren - Moreno
      Milner - Allen - Hendo - Ibe
      Benteke - Origi
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2015 09:50:30 pm
      I said in the match thread that I wondered if some off them were looking for Christmas off.

So no in this instance I'd have them training Christmas Day, play exactly the same team and dare them to F**k up again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2015 09:56:40 pm
      Randall, Toure and Lovren  :lmao:

I know it's the festive season Mick but you on the whiskey already?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #22: Dec 21, 2015 10:34:17 pm
      By my reckoning ONLY Henderson should keep his spot

why should Henderson keep his spot?

Quick Reply