Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Exeter v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Friday 8th Jan 19:55KO

Read 11986 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Exeter v Liverpool F.A Cup 3rd Round Friday 8th Jan 19:55KO
      Reply #69: Jan 08, 2016 10:56:05 am
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #70: Jan 08, 2016 11:52:46 am
      I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what these youngsters can do. At least Jürgen doesn't bleat about how unfortunate we are and how it's not fair having all these injuries, he just accepts that we are where we are, and we will do our best. As ever a refreshing change in today's football!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7163 
      Reply #71: Jan 08, 2016 11:57:37 am
      I think we should check the Bus I reckon the first step on the bus it must be to high causing over stretching of the hamstring.
      Matchday always brings with it optimism and today I expect those in Red Shirts who are getting a chance to show why they are at the club
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #72: Jan 08, 2016 12:23:06 pm
      Its a chance that the lads rarely have
      hope they show why LFC signed them in the 1st place
      and take this chance as one that difficult to be repeated
       its a chance to make the big step and be re-considered in the future

COME ON REDS
      YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #73: Jan 08, 2016 12:41:43 pm
      Maybe an overly simplistic view on my behalf but....surely any player at our club be they 18 or 38 should have too much quality for sides like Exeter. We sign or raise these players from young ages with the belief they are top talent. So when a chance like this comes for them to play, frankly in my view, if they arent good enough to beat Exeter why are they in our ranks at all?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #74: Jan 08, 2016 12:52:41 pm
      On paper, our young prospects should be better than Exeter players. But its a team sport Brian. They never played together in competitive game like this so you cant expect any understanding or coherence. You can only hope for moments of individual brilliance or that Exeter, despite playing a settled side will be utter dogshite.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #75: Jan 08, 2016 12:59:39 pm
      On paper, our young prospects should be better than Exeter players. But its a team sport Brian. They never played together in competitive game like this so you cant expect any understanding or coherence. You can only hope for moments of individual brilliance or that Exeter, despite playing a settled side will be utter dogshite.

Surely the majority of the rumoured 11 have played under 16 under 18 and u21 together. This isn't 11 strangers joining up. Ok Klopps system might be new to them but the basics of football never change and anyone deemed good enough to be at Liverpool should be well ahead of lower league sides at basics
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #76: Jan 08, 2016 01:00:29 pm
      Maybe an overly simplistic view on my behalf but....surely any player at our club be they 18 or 38 should have too much quality for sides like Exeter. We sign or raise these players from young ages with the belief they are top talent. So when a chance like this comes for them to play, frankly in my view, if they arent good enough to beat Exeter why are they in our ranks at all?

A bit unfair. Exeter might be mid table in league 2 but their lads are experienced in first of all playing together as a team week in week out and secondly playing regular competitive league football. They also have home advantage.

We are putting a team together full of young lads who have little or no experience playing in our first team. They haven't played together as a team before and they are under immense pressure because they are expected to win tonight. Training together every week isn't the same.

Putting them in one by one with other experienced first teamers to help them out then yes you would expect them to perform and to be good enough to beat the likes of Exeter but to make a whole team of inexperienced lads is a little daunting.

I hope they take their opportunity and see us through to the next round but I'll be lying if I said I was confident.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #77: Jan 08, 2016 01:08:20 pm
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #78: Jan 08, 2016 01:10:50 pm
      You put it much better than myself Hamanns. Id also add that Exerer will try to make it a physical battle against these youngsters. Also on a bobbly pitch our technical advantage is not going to shine. Not to mention Enriques non existant heading ability and questionable concentration levels.  Not confident one bit but I wasnt against Stoke so I might be positively surprised again.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #79: Jan 08, 2016 01:18:05 pm
      I think we should check the Bus I reckon the first step on the bus it must be to high causing over stretching of the hamstring.
      Matchday always brings with it optimism and today I expect those in Red Shirts who are getting a chance to show why they are at the club

Not as daft as it sounds mate. I remember when Keegan had an injury Paisley remembered Keegan had just bought a new car and when he checked it the clutch was very stiff ... which was causing the problem.

"Both Bob Paisley and my granddad trained as physios and they took that part of it very seriously. Kevin Keegan told me that when he picked up an injury shortly after buying a new car, Bob and my granddad almost literally took the car apart looking for reasons why he had a strained hamstring. They became convinced it was to do with the clutch. That's how much detail they went into.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/found-in-a-loft-fagans-secret-boot-room-diaries-2348284.html

The grandad is Joe Fagin btw.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2016 01:29:41 pm by s@int »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7163 
      Reply #80: Jan 08, 2016 01:22:20 pm
      Not as daft as it sounds mate. I remember when Keegan had an injury Paisley remembered Keegan had just bought a new car and when he checked it the clutch was very stiff ... which was causing the problem.

"Both Bob Paisley and my granddad trained as physios and they took that part of it very seriously. Kevin Keegan told me that when he picked up an injury shortly after buying a new car, Bob and my granddad almost literally took the car apart looking for reasons why he had a strained hamstring. They became convinced it was to do with the clutch. That's how much detail they went into.

The grandad is Joe Fagin btw.

joking apart but there is a common denominator here it just needs to be found. Wonder if they all where the same boots?.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #81: Jan 08, 2016 01:26:21 pm
      Going to be fun watching some of the young lads get a game, wont lie the thought of Enrique at CB petrifies me but I still think we'll have enough to see ourselves through to the next round and if we don't I for one wont be criticising the team selection, a case of needs must right now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #82: Jan 08, 2016 01:34:02 pm
      Brad Smith, Connor Randall, Jerome Sinclair, Kevin Stewart, Cameron Brannagan and Christian Benteke are all set to start against Exeter.

Nathaniel Clyne, Emre Can, Alberto Moreno rested.

Apparently :)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7163 
      Reply #83: Jan 08, 2016 01:36:50 pm
      I am curious to see Jose Enrique play it would be a big bonus if he can still do a job for us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #84: Jan 08, 2016 01:37:11 pm
      Bogdan, Randall, Enrique, Illori, Smith, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Teixeira, Ojo, Sinclair.

Doing the rounds on Twitter.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7163 
      Reply #85: Jan 08, 2016 01:38:12 pm
      How come old fat blokes who are still sobering up can run around a pitch in Australia and then go out and get lashed and our young lads are dropping like f**king flies?

Get everyone with a hamstring out on the lash now, it might not cure them but they won't bloody notice the pain.

:drink: :ernaehrung004:

hydration after a tough work out is important.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #86: Jan 08, 2016 01:39:41 pm
      How come old fat blokes who are still sobering up can run around a pitch in Australia and then go out and get lashed and our young lads are dropping like f**king flies?

Get everyone with a hamstring out on the lash now, it might not cure them but they won't bloody notice the pain.

:drink: :ernaehrung004:

It's a bit like the cart horse and the racehorse! Not remotely suggesting that our legends are cart horses but you get my drift!  :f_tongueincheek:

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #87: Jan 08, 2016 02:26:40 pm
      Explains my current physique, I forgot to do the tough work and just hydrated.

Nothing wrong with a bit of hydration partiall to a top up meself.

Hope these kids relish the chance to put on the shirt and actually realise what its like to represent us, go on lads,
      put it all in tonight the gaffer is watching and this is the chance to shine and move on a level, dont expect miracles what i do expect is flat out 100% committment , blow it out the water kids and do yourselves and us proud.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #88: Jan 08, 2016 03:06:35 pm
      Looking forward to seeing how some of the youngsters play, but especially Ilori.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #89: Jan 08, 2016 03:19:56 pm
      Looking forward to seeing how some of the youngsters play, but especially Ilori.

Bit of a worry that he never managed to get a game in a poor Villa side. Not exactly confidence inspiring. Lucas or Can might be better option, but we'll see I guess.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #90: Jan 08, 2016 03:48:46 pm
      I'm actually really looking forward to seeing a young side out tonight. I'm sure Klopp will have them fired up. Bring it on YNWA.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #91: Jan 08, 2016 03:52:27 pm
      Bit of a worry that he never managed to get a game in a poor Villa side. Not exactly confidence inspiring. Lucas or Can might be better option, but we'll see I guess.

Well I think that happens at every club....when I watched him play last summer he was very good, granted, against younger competition.

Quick Reply