Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 39422 times
      RedKalel
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts | 23 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #713: Jan 17, 2016 04:38:49 pm
      How is Klopp world class if he keeps backing Mignolet? If he continues his support for Mignolet he is certainly not world class.

You would rather he calls him out publicly and makes an already sh*t keeper worse? Because he backs an under fire keeper he is a lesser manager? Are you for real? I dare to think how this will go if we start to loose more games or if we go out of the cups. I won't be in here for sure. Back the manager , back the players and support your club. He is a world class manager and he will get it right but throwing players under the bus is not the way to do it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #714: Jan 17, 2016 04:38:53 pm
      Isn't that what all goalkeepers are told to do? You know, when they drop to one knee and put their hands out either side, making the goals smaller?
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #715: Jan 17, 2016 04:39:59 pm
      Words cannot express how angry I am with everything but here's my rant in list form and then I am off to bed.

1. Sturridge can no longer be carried because we miss true quality in front of goal - sell him because he's mentally fragile and we cannot afford to put up with him needing time off every time he gets a little niggle - Sturridge, life is tough, deal with it, because we all have to. We still have to go to work when our leg feels a bit bad, when we've got a cold, when we feel like rubbish so you should just suck it up and get on with it or get lost.

2. Emre Can(t) anticipate anything at all - he has the spatial awareness of a crab. He is also incredibly hit and miss and if he wasn't a foreign player who is new to the league he would have been crucified by now.

3. Mignolet - just do us all a favour and get lost. You are, and never will be, and never were good enough for a club like Liverpool FC. You were signed by an average manager and brought in to a club that is now average because he signed you along with another load of average players. Go and join a club more your level, like Swansea City or Newcastle.

4. Lallana - another average player who averages nothing. Is this lad ever going to get any woman pregnant? I fear he'll just hump her into oblivion and then when he's about to blow his load he'll miss because he has no end product whatsoever. On the plus side, he has to be the greatest method of contraception since the pill. He is not good enough for Liverpool FC and whilst I commend his work ethic, I'll commend the work ethic of numerous Poles up and down the country on building sites but none of them are good enough either. Yet another average inconsistent signing made by an average manager who is now blaming the transfer committee, even though he was adamant during his time as manager that he had final say on transfers - the guy has always been in it for himself and is a proven liar.

A squad overall is clearly needed because the players are mostly average and in some cases emphatically sh*t. All of the pansies need removing from the squad as they are terrible for creating a system of cohesion. How can we build a team that learns to play with one another when everyone is so much of a sissy that they get injured all of the time? Its pathetic. They need to stand up and start acting like men.

I could go on berating players but the reality is that Rodgers, whether he had final say or allowed himself to be undermined by the transfer committee, allowed a load of sh*te to be brought into the club and for that I will never forgive him. His stubborn attitude, his obvious lying and changing of position on certain aspects, his straight up bullshit of 'the lads showed great character' and his poor performance in the transfer market panic buying domestic 'in-form' crap has set the club back years.

Anyone still saying Rodgers did good when he was here is beyond deluded. His side was emphatically sh*te and carried by the experience of players like Gerrard and the pure magic of players like Suarez. I am now off to bed because I'm not happy at all, as you can probably tell.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #716: Jan 17, 2016 04:40:44 pm
      It's hard to be in the box when you're doing the job of 5 people.
      Totally agree with you
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #717: Jan 17, 2016 04:40:59 pm
      Gave my motm to sakho today
      But in all honesty it was between him,Lucas & firminho who all worked there bollocks off today.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #718: Jan 17, 2016 04:41:05 pm
      Two sh*t teams. sh*t atmosphere. sh*t game. sh*t result.

Was like watching Rodgers' LFC that.

"Just another game."
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #719: Jan 17, 2016 04:42:28 pm
      The fact Benteke is on £150k is physically making me sick.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #720: Jan 17, 2016 04:42:42 pm
      Two sh*t teams. Sh*t atmosphere. Sh*t game. Sh*t result.

I was surprised by the atmosphere too.  Our home support isn't great lately but usually for the big games there's a bit more energy. 

But no.  It was dead quiet after about five minutes.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #721: Jan 17, 2016 04:43:47 pm
      My first reaction to the goal was he could have done better, on reviewing it several times one question remains , what the fck you doing leaning back and on your fckin knees in that situation , fckin spread yourself you stupid c**t  take one in the face ffs , there is only one fckin reason them scabby cu*ts are where they are in the league a top fckin goalie no other reason ,
      I dread to think how many points he has actually cost us not just this season  but the last three anothet player who's mistakes were greatly masked by Suarez yes he was even sh*t that year but it got overlooked by Br .
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #722: Jan 17, 2016 04:43:56 pm
      Do you not think it would be good for our midfielders to occasionally offer a goal threat?

Goal threat even from midfield come from good strikers, giving the team confidence with their example and forcing the opposition to heavily mark them, eventually opening space for others to score.
      We have midfielders who know how to shoot (Can notably), or how to make runs to good positions (Hendo, Lallana, even Allen as he showed last time), they just lack the little bit of confidence or space to score often, what a good finisher can imo offer us.
      (+ Couts in the two categories of course)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #723: Jan 17, 2016 04:44:53 pm
      The fact Benteke is on £150k is physically making me sick.

Are you sure he's on that much?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #724: Jan 17, 2016 04:45:27 pm
      Agree with this sentiment. Was in the reckoning for MoM for me. Gave it to Sakho, but a few could have had it.
      For how he played and his age I gave it to Toure, although Sakho was also immense
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #725: Jan 17, 2016 04:48:00 pm
      Gave my MotM to Toure. Thought he had a solid game to be fair.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #726: Jan 17, 2016 04:51:08 pm
      I'm not fuming.

Disappointed though.

Were going to get results like this for the best of the season whole Jürgen assesses this squad and what he wants going forward.

We played well. By far the better side but not being able to score goals in numbers added to a keeper who will concede will always count against us

I know what you mean. I'm not expecting much from this season considering the current state of the squad and the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had. But I can't keep my cool when it's against the mancs. And losing that game with a goal in their only shot on target is so F***ing typical it makes my blood boil.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #727: Jan 17, 2016 04:52:28 pm
      My ratings on a team performance which was on the whole pretty good.

Mignolet: No chance with Felleini's header and I think he's actually as good as praying it will hit the bar when he falls to one knee. Doesn't get up quick enough to save Rooney's volley. Was it a howler? Definitely not, but it's hard to argue with the assertion that De Gea would probably have saved it. 4/10.

Moreno: I thought Alberto was by and large pretty good. Only the one utterly brainless moment when he went on the charge with Firmino and did very well, only to bafflingly run almost straight into the Brazilian when Bob was looking for an angle. 6/10.

Sakho: Commanding and extremely impressive, but WAS one of the four beaten by microphone head for the crucial header. Also, one step toward the ball which he didn't need to take meant he got under the flight of a big chance second half from Milners cross. Should have scored IMHO. 6/10.

Toure: I thought Kolo did very well and didn't let anyone down. Ditto on the header though for the goal though, you can't give centre halves top marks when they weren't there for the crucial play of the whole match. 6/10.

Clyne: Handled Martial pretty well save for one time he got left for dead. Going forward didn't offer much, but then that's not really his game. 6/10.

Lucas: Was my clear MOM until the goal when bizarrely he decided to join the group jump with Felleini rather than stay with Rooney. On such moments games are decided, and it's a shame because other than that he gave an absolutely magnificent display. 7/10.

Henderson: Like many players, his performance was good apart from something. In his case the "apart from" was allowing the mop top to get a free run at the header, and his finishing which was/is awful. When he volleyed that one into the crowd first half (again) I couldn't help thinking back to the halcyon days when we had Steven Gerrard. He wouldn't have done that, and therein lies the difference between a good player and an absolutely top class one. 7/10.

Can: Absolutely awful first half but almost won the game for us twice in the second. On both chances he did his job well but was denied by good saves. 6/10.

Lallana: Ought to have scored with the header first half, the problem being obviously that the correct play was to loop it up and over De Gea which would have meant him in all likelihood clattering into the goalkeeper. Adam bless him doesn't do that type of contact though, so he opted for the head it to one side and make sure he physically protected himself. That about sums him up, and although there were good bits to his game I'm afraid he doesn't actually want it enough. 5/10.

Milner: Bits and pieces and in the main did his job pretty well. 6/10.

Firmino: We're really starting to see what we've gotten now which is a very good player. Ought to have done better in the first half by stepping across Martial but in truth there was much to like about his game. My MOM. 8/10.

Subs:

Ibe: Went to sleep on the corner, looks short of confidence. 4/10.

Benteke: Came on too late in truth, but didn't have any impact when he did. 4/10.

Caulker: Was only on a minute or so. 4/10.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #728: Jan 17, 2016 04:56:08 pm
      Thought Henderson had a horrid game today - totally out off the pace
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #729: Jan 17, 2016 04:57:22 pm
      Rooney blasts a volley and the ball is travelling what, 75mph over 7 yards? I can't really blame Migs for that goal

He'll get blamed for world hunger next
      Have been as critical of him as the next guy, but Rooney knew what he was doing there and I don't blame Migs for that one

We lacked some guile, and better finishing - should've at least drawn. They had a chance, and scored.

We were the better side ffs, it's frustrating, but not going to go nuclear on the lads today.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #730: Jan 17, 2016 04:58:52 pm
      My ratings on a team performance which was on the whole pretty good.

Mignolet: No chance with Felleini's header and I think he's actually as good as praying it will hit the bar when he falls to one knee. Doesn't get up quick enough to save Rooney's volley. Was it a howler? Definitely not, but it's hard to argue with the assertion that De Gea would probably have saved it. 4/10.

Moreno: I thought Alberto was by and large pretty good. Only the one utterly brainless moment when he went on the charge with Firmino and did very well, only to bafflingly run almost straight into the Brazilian when Bob was looking for an angle. 6/10.

Sakho: Commanding and extremely impressive, but WAS one of the four beaten by microphone head for the crucial header. Also, one step toward the ball which he didn't need to take meant he got under the flight of a big chance second half from Milners cross. Should have scored IMHO. 6/10.

Toure: I thought Kolo did very well and didn't let anyone down. Ditto on the header though for the goal though, you can't give centre halves top marks when they weren't there for the crucial play of the whole match. 6/10.

Clyne: Handled Martial pretty well save for one time he got left for dead. Going forward didn't offer much, but then that's not really his game. 6/10.

Lucas: Was my clear MOM until the goal when bizarrely he decided to join the group jump with Felleini rather than stay with Rooney. On such moments games are decided, and it's a shame because other than that he gave an absolutely magnificent display. 7/10.

Henderson: Like many players, his performance was good apart from something. In his case the "apart from" was allowing the mop top to get a free run at the header, and his finishing which was/is awful. When he volleyed that one into the crowd first half (again) I couldn't help thinking back to the halcyon days when we had Steven Gerrard. He wouldn't have done that, and therein lies the difference between a good player and an absolutely top class one. 7/10.

Can: Absolutely awful first half but almost won the game for us twice in the second. On both chances he did his job well but was denied by good saves. 6/10.

Lallana: Ought to have scored with the header first half, the problem being obviously that the correct play was to loop it up and over De Gea which would have meant him in all likelihood clattering into the goalkeeper. Adam bless him doesn't do that type of contact though, so he opted for the head it to one side and make sure he physically protected himself. That about sums him up, and although there were good bits to his game I'm afraid he doesn't actually want it enough. 5/10.

Milner: Bits and pieces and in the main did his job pretty well. 6/10.

Firmino: We're really starting to see what we've gotten now which is a very good player. Ought to have done better in the first half by stepping across Martial but in truth there was much to like about his game. My MOM. 8/10.

Subs:

Ibe: Went to sleep on the corner, looks short of confidence. 4/10.

Benteke: Came on too late in truth, but didn't have any impact when he did. 4/10.

Caulker: Was only on a minute or so. 4/10.

2 MotM Mick?! To be fair they were the clear contenders and both deserved it as much as each other.

On the fact Lucas left Rooney, it's because of Henderson letting Fellaini run that caused it to happen. Henderson has to block the run and him failing to do his job caused the knock on effect. I'm not excusing others but it was his first responsibility, when he's let him go and he's clearly beaten him all he does is hover after him. He could redeem himself by taking over Lucas' role, that's what an intelligent player would do in that situation but no he compounds the error by also taking himself out of the game.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #731: Jan 17, 2016 05:00:56 pm
      He'll get blamed for world hunger next
      Have been as critical of him as the next guy, but Rooney knew what he was doing there and I don't blame Migs for that one

We lacked some guile, and better finishing - should've at least drawn. They had a chance, and scored.

We were the better side ffs, it's frustrating, but not going to go nuclear on the lads today.

Do you support the fact that he was curled up in a ball when the shot came in then? If he stands up as normal and he jumps up with his arms then it's more than likely he makes a great point blank save (if not then at least he tried) but that doesn't happen as he's on the floor. There was no need for him to dive onto the floor when the header came in, the header wasn't along the floor. This isn't the first time either, it seems to happen every game nearly. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #732: Jan 17, 2016 05:01:42 pm
      Voted Firmino for my MOTM. Thought he was very good with incredibly poor support today - Lallana was useless, Milner was average at best, Ibe did little when he came on and our central midfielders were less than inspired. He's a bit funny to watch because the way he runs or his first touch sometimes make me feel like he's going to lose the ball straight away but he's pretty good at protecting it and making good use of it.

One of the key for Dortmund's success was high precision on the turn and fast transitions. We have very few players who look any good at this but Firmino is one of them.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #733: Jan 17, 2016 05:02:40 pm
      Bloody annoying. No one has the bottle to take their chances. Full of honest nice guys.... Reaks of Rodgers
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #734: Jan 17, 2016 05:13:57 pm
      So he's on £150,000 a week and we don't even expect him to create things?

Just run around a bit?

What he is paid is irrelevant.

Bigger wages won't change the style of footballer a player is.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #735: Jan 17, 2016 05:18:05 pm
      All huff and puff Firminho not the answer no pace to get behind but worked hard and did his best we need a CF asap.Bit harsh on Mignolet Ibe and the group trying to challenge Microphone panicking and forgetting own jobs. Said to a Manc on twitter they would nick it mentally weak and bereft of leaders and pace. Can getting some stick but at least he can take people on and he is the only can who even tries to do that.

Quick Reply