Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion

Read 31608 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Sunderland
      Reply #667: Feb 06, 2016 05:41:20 pm
      Can only hope Klopp keeps playing some wasters to see if they have any sort of character even Rodgers axed Mignolet and still gets new contract. Lost for words with most of these now give the fringe players a run of games for Gods sake
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #668: Feb 06, 2016 05:41:33 pm
      Sturridge didn't come on? Heard he was on the bench

He almost went on back on the injury list when bumped by a player while warming up along the touchline....even the commentators talked about it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #669: Feb 06, 2016 05:42:51 pm
      Today goes to show three things:

1) Most of our team are good PL players, but few of them are, or will become, great players (we were doing just fine 'til the last 15 mins, as we were against the mancs).

2) Individual and team leadership, confidence, concentration and organisation are the weaknesses on the pitch.

3) As fans, some of us support our team through thick and thin even when they let us down repeatedly, while some of us would prefer to jump on the bandwagon of doom as it trundles through the streets of Liverpool 4, shouting to the rest of us about how they should be worshipped for being proven right. 

We are what we are right now, and if you shell out every week for your ticket and feel robbed, I completely sympathise.  Without the great players our club is used to having play for us, we are a mid-table team.  But we're still Liverpool FC and we've got to keep believing.  I can't get to most games for a host of reasons, but no way will I sit on my sofa and call a man in my team's colours 'sh*te' or wish for him to be injured.  We are two 'great' players and a damn good defensive leader away from challenging for major honours, and Jürgen Klopp knows it.

I agree, but the goalie is the difference between winning games and cups. I have no faith in migs any more unfortunately.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #670: Feb 06, 2016 05:43:32 pm
      How was that happening again?

Jürgen Klopp to take break after ‘seven emotional years’ at Borussia Dortmund

Jürgen Klopp has announced that he will take a break from management for “the time being”. The 47-year-old, who has been in charge of Borussia Dortmund for the past seven years, has been linked with several clubs, including Liverpool, Real Madrid and Fenerbahce, but has decided to take some time off to recharge his batteries.

“After seven intensive and emotional years of ‘true love’ I think it makes sense to take time to take stock of the countless memories before me and my fellow coaching team embrace a new challenge, fresh and highly motivated,” Klopp said
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/Jürgen-klopp-break-management-borussia-dortmund

Tbf AZ,  there was also reports that Klopp wants to manage Liverpool, and if we go in for him them he would cancel his vacation.

I remember reading that in several different newspapers at the time.

The owners did the right thing by getting Klopp in but they waited too long to save this season. Just a opinion tho
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #671: Feb 06, 2016 05:44:59 pm
      Didn't realise Migs was walking out with the fans too on the 77th.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #672: Feb 06, 2016 05:45:05 pm
      My 2 brothers are season ticket holders and they both decided not to take part in the protest, not because they don't agree with the sentiment, but because they didn't want to do anything that might have an impact on the team. I have just come off the phone to my brother and he was dismayed at how many did walk!
      That is not to excuse the players but they were cruising up to that point, albeit we struggled to score.
      This team is so short of confidence, that while they play for this Club, we really need to back them.
      We do appear to be going backwards, and that is a huge concern, not least because we need some momentum going into the Final and the other two competitions we are still in!

Think thats just making excuse's for utter amateur display. They are meant to be professionals !! Not scared little girls.
      Also, a big round of applause to our Captain , who once again was first to sh*t his pants and disappear as soon as the game started to get iffy.
      jonny961
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #673: Feb 06, 2016 05:46:48 pm
      Won't be 400k when we inevitably go in for him in the summer. More like 35m.

We're going to see a lot of unheard of players coming in at Anfield, much like at Dortmund when Klopp was building his legacy there. Players with talent and desire, and who will knuckle down and do everything to win. In fact, the polar opposite to these charlatans.
      I hope your right, no passion what so ever. If you compare the lives they have to working class people, people who save lives, people who protect us, etc and they do that to the best of their ability for a fraction of the wage. This lot are just money grabbing c**ts.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #674: Feb 06, 2016 05:46:50 pm
      To blame the F**k up today on the fans protest is s load of conservertve  hogwash the blame lies squarly on the players some more than others and the transfer commite end of
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #675: Feb 06, 2016 05:46:58 pm
      I trust it's not a paid holiday you're suggesting ??
      We pay this C*nts every week for what I don't know  >:(. but No it is not
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion
      Reply #676: Feb 06, 2016 05:49:19 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, they should have brought Klopp in pre season and not 8 games in. Because that helps nobody.

Klopp wasn't available until he actually signed for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #677: Feb 06, 2016 05:50:35 pm
      Tbf AZ,  there was also reports that Klopp wants to manage Liverpool, and if we go in for him them he would cancel his vacation.

I remember reading that in several different newspapers at the time.

The owners did the right thing by getting Klopp in but they waited too long to save this season. Just a opinion tho

Not sure where you saw those reports because he's said numerous times in TV interviews that he wasn't managing anybody until he had spent a period of time away from the game.

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #678: Feb 06, 2016 05:50:41 pm
      Who started the 'Can we win the title?' thread after the 1-3 and the 1-4?  :D

Can we start a "Will we finish in the top half of the table?" thread
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #679: Feb 06, 2016 05:51:13 pm
      Stupid media blaming the walkout for the collapse. We were just awful to not hold on a lead against a Big Sam team. And why is Mignolet still employed here
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #680: Feb 06, 2016 05:51:25 pm
      I agree, but the goalie is the difference between winning games and cups. I have no faith in migs any more unfortunately.

I can't say I've got much faith in him either, if I'm honest, but then again, keepers make mistakes - always have, always will.  My feeling is he gets the flak for every goal we concede when 99% of goals against are the result of compound errors by the team.  We concede stupid chances at times. 

I hate the abuse the guy gets for one very simple reason - we need a confident goalie.  Confident goalies play better.  Confident goalies make saves.  Nobody, NOBODY, plays better with thousands of people abusing them, whether its five yards away behind your goal, in the street or on social media.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #681: Feb 06, 2016 05:52:13 pm
      Think thats just making excuse's for utter amateur display. They are meant to be professionals !! Not scared little girls.
      Also, a big round of applause to our Captain , who once again was first to sh*t his pants and disappear as soon as the game started to get iffy.

No not making excuses, just supporting the team, which is what we are supposed to do come what may!
      Walking out, had no effect on FSG, it does appear to have had a detrimental effect on the team and the result.
      I am a supporter, not a customer! When I go to the match I support my team, YNWA, no matter what. When I go into a shop to buy merchandise I am a customer, it really is that simple for me. DON'T BUY THE MERCHANDISE!!!
      This team may be utter gash, but at this moment in time they are MY team, and I fully expect them to win the League Cup!

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #682: Feb 06, 2016 05:54:31 pm
      To blame the f**k up today on the fans protest is s load of conservertve  hogwash the blame lies squarly on the players some more than others and the transfer commite end of

I'm not sure anyone's solely blaming it, but I'm convinced it played a part.  And I voted Labour!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #683: Feb 06, 2016 05:58:21 pm
      Let's face it the walkout was never going to have a positive effect on the lads but they only have themselves to blame. They should have been prepared for what was going to happen at that point in the match, I'm sure they have a TV and read the papers. Sakho not being able to out-muscle Defoe has nothing to do with players walking out, Mignolet not knowing how to set up his own wall has nothing to do with the fans walking out and neither did it have anything to do with Mignolet not being able to save the free kick.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #684: Feb 06, 2016 05:58:23 pm
      Not sure where you saw those reports because he's said numerous times in TV interviews that he wasn't managing anybody until he had spent a period of time away from the game.

I'm on my phone so I couldn't find any better source.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/09/Jürgen-klopps-agent-drops-hint-he-wants-liverpool-managers-job-5237401/

Not saying it's a reliable source, but I honestly remember quiet a few articles back then saying Klopp wanted us, or hinting that.

I get my news from the media, so I always had that impression.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #685: Feb 06, 2016 06:00:20 pm
      I can't say I've got much faith in him either, if I'm honest, but then again, keepers make mistakes - always have, always will.  My feeling is he gets the flak for every goal we concede when 99% of goals against are the result of compound errors by the team.  We concede stupid chances at times. 

I hate the abuse the guy gets for one very simple reason - we need a confident goalie.  Confident goalies play better.  Confident goalies make saves.  Nobody, NOBODY, plays better with thousands of people abusing them, whether its five yards away behind your goal, in the street or on social media.

Well yes, Cutting through all the murk, we do need  more of a nutcase goalie. the best goalies win the league for you by not worrying the defence in the first place. That's not to say we don't need to get better defenders.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #686: Feb 06, 2016 06:00:31 pm
      18 points behind Leicester City!! Bloody Leicester City, I wouldn't say they had better players than we do. It's all about attitude, passion and determination. It's about time Klopp stops telling them and us that results don't matter and it's the performances he's really looking at. This current squad is a bunch of spineless, pampered, over paid, clueless idiots! A world class keeper needs to be top of the shopping list in the summer along with a central defender and holding midfielder. If Mignolet is still in goal by the start of next season, I'm off!! There's no point, having him in goal is like trying to play with only one leg!!  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

Worth bearing in mind they are the league leaders and thrashed Man City today.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,506 posts | 1484 
      Reply #687: Feb 06, 2016 06:01:03 pm
      Let's face it the walkout was never going to have a positive effect on the lads but they only have themselves to blame. They should have been prepared for what was going to happen at that point in the match, I'm sure they have a TV and read the papers. Sakho not being able to out-muscle Defoe has nothing to do with players walking out, Mignolet not knowing how to set up his own wall has nothing to do with the fans walking out and neither did it have anything to do with Mignolet not being able to save the free kick.

100% bang on mate
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #688: Feb 06, 2016 06:04:02 pm
      How's about mind your business and f**k right off.

Back on topic.

No wonder this keeps happening, we quite literally have a team with no spine, from the weakness' of the keeper through defence into midfield and attack.

Weak, weak, weak weak.

how many "winners" would you say we have not only players who win games but players who can save game I cant think of any
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #689: Feb 06, 2016 06:05:21 pm

That is very true. It's so easy to fall into hyper offensive mode though when you see it week in week out. Supporters will forgive the odd mistake here and there but I understand the swear worthy exasperation at this point. But I agree - some of the insults are not on. It is just football at the end of the day so to see him called names like nonce and mong is just really awful in any context and relativity.

It's so disappointing this result. In many ways it's the worst result I've experienced this season. We were so comfortable - I was so sure of the points. So to see them lose those points at such a late stage and from being so comfortable makes me believe that I can never have trust in this squad of players again.

It's the worst kind of feeling. That feeling that will gnaw and chew away at every bit of flesh and bone in my body like a resistant bacterial disease. The only cure is to simply take my mind off it for the next couple of days!

Quick Reply