Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Flanagan
      2 (1.8%)
      Ilori
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas (C)
      72 (64.3%)
      Smith
      3 (2.7%)
      Stewart
      6 (5.4%)
      Chirivella (Pedro)
      4 (3.6%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      6 (5.4%)
      Teixeira
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      6 (5.4%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Origi
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Feb 10, 2016 10:27:31 pm

West Ham 2:1 Liverpool (AET): In Game & Post Game Discussions

Read 39266 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #1081: Feb 09, 2016 10:48:14 pm
      watch the f***in game and if you don't understand it ask someone.
      FFS whats going on here tonight

I see that went over your head. Too much to comprehend. Sorry.  :roll:
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: West Ham 2:1 Liverpool (AET): In Game & Post Game Discussions
      Reply #1082: Feb 09, 2016 10:48:21 pm
      watch the f***in game and if you don't understand it ask someone.
      FFS whats going on here tonight

What's going on here tonight is that people are picking their favourite scapegoats and blaming them for why we lost.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1083: Feb 09, 2016 10:48:39 pm
      Because he took Coutinho and Tex off and left Ibe and Benteke on while Milner sat on the bench. This loss is fully on Klopp.
      Yes it was a mistake in taking off Tex (was protecting Coutinho)....Milner did f^*k all coming on, and was simple there with penalties in mind. Benteke,Origi, and Sturridge being played was to kill off the game and give the supporters a little boost after the weekend, and on paper with all three up front you would have expected two or three goals from them.....Yes klopp made a mistake in taking off Tex and leaving on Ibe.... but is the lost solely down to Klopp....NO... We had the chances and failed to take them
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1084: Feb 09, 2016 10:49:10 pm
      Obviously dissapointed but pleased with the creativity and number of chances we created. Just shows having a striker like Sturridge on the pitch scares the sh*t out of defenders. That mazy dribbling run where he mugged a couple of players would have been a thing if beauty if it came off.

What does Ward have to do get a game, surely no one can back Migs (apart from Klopp it seems)

Apart from the goal at the end the back 4 played well but it's clear to see how limited Flanno is with his passing and Smith great going forward but just as liable as Moreno defensively.

Chiravella and Stewart played well when he wasn't trying to pass the ball but both clearly tired towards the end which is understandable.

Tex was anonomous and you can see why he won't be here next season.

The most dissapointing player on the pitch was actually Ibe who has regressed so badly this season, nothing worse than a player who makes a few mistakes then goes hiding, weak mentality!

Not going to comment on Benteke.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season with Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge tearing it up.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #1085: Feb 09, 2016 10:49:15 pm
      Benteke has now missed 4 or 5 easy one-on-ones for us this season, scored 0 (I'm guessing on the latter). For £32.5m that just isn't good enough.

Was about to post the same thing it was only a matter of time before it cost us ,that said a couple of good performances from Chirivella and Stewart ,as for Mr  Ibe what a f***in howler he had
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1086: Feb 09, 2016 10:49:42 pm
      Yes, definitely Benteke had a boatload of chances which cost us the match, the profligate jackass however with such a small amount of time left before the final whistle, to commit such a silly foul is criminal and oh so bloody stupid!!

He's done the same mindless, dumb challenges for years, in dangerous positions, and he never learns. Just pathetic because there's no need for it.

Such a shame, cos he played so well til then.

I only got one look at the 'foul' but to me he didn't even touch him. I also accept that if it was a foul he shares some of the blame but to remove all the credit for what was easily the man of the match performance and put all the blame on the lad is beyond dumb, to call it disproportionate would be insulting to the word.

It's truly unbelievable that people can make that conclusion.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #1087: Feb 09, 2016 10:50:42 pm
      Oddly enough I think that is the best that i have seen Benteke play for us over ninety minutes plus. Tried his very best.... Unfortunately for us his best is simple not working out.... Robbie Keane all over again....

D'ya know I fully agree with this.Just wish he ( Benteke) had a strikers instinct as to where and when to place himself.When he played for Villa he just had to "hang around" and wait for the long ball /crosses to arrive.
      I for one hope we let him move on in the summer.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1088: Feb 09, 2016 10:51:26 pm
      Obviously dissapointed but pleased with the creativity and number of chances we created. Just shows having a striker like Sturridge on the pitch scares the sh*t out of defenders. That mazy dribbling run if his where he mugged a couple of players would have been a thing if beauty if it came off.

What does Ward have to do get a came, surely no one can back Migs (apart from Klopp it seems)

Apart from the goal at the end the back 4 played well but it's clear to see how limited Flanno is with his passing and Smith great going forward but just as liable as Moreno defensively.

Chiravella and Stewart played well when he wasn't trying to pass the ball but both clearly tired towards the end which is understandable.

Tex was anonomous and you can see why he won't be here next season.

I agree with most of this. I didn't think the goal at the end was a bad one to concede. It was the first goal that annoyed me.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season with Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge tearing it up.

Those two games will be boss.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1089: Feb 09, 2016 10:51:26 pm
      As if you were counting.  ;D

Did you count other misses too?

Some of our fans are truly embarrassing. They desperately want players to perform badly so they can continue their petty hate. You're happy tonight. Most of us are devastated.

Blame game is truly on.

Agreed.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1090: Feb 09, 2016 10:53:10 pm

Not Smith and Flanagan for being awful on the first goal? Not Teixeira for missing a great chance? Benteke was poor tonight, but it's utter nonsense that he should shoulder all the blame for that defeat.

He had the chances to put the game out of their reach.

Benteke has lost any chance he had now that Studge is back. Different quality altogether. Danny and Firmino is the way to go. Intelligent players who can interlink. It'll be great. Plus, if we're lucky, we'll get half the money back that we wasted on that plank.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1091: Feb 09, 2016 10:53:52 pm
      I agree with most of this. I didn't think the goal at the end was a bad one to concede. It was the first goal that annoyed me.

Those two games will be boss.

Have faith my friend.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #1092: Feb 09, 2016 10:55:04 pm
      I only got one look at the 'foul' but to me he didn't even touch him. I also accept that if it was a foul he shares some of the blame but to remove all the credit for what was easily the man of the match performance and put all the blame on the lad is beyond dumb, to call it disproportionate would be insulting to the word.

It's truly unbelievable that people can make that conclusion.

I'm not putting all the blame on one lad. We missed many chances on goal, with many to blame.

But for a player of Lucas' experience and ability, there's absolutely no need to even possibly give that foul away, even though I agree that it was a gentle brush at best.

You just get that gut feeling in situations like that, Lucas never gets the rub of the green, and it invariably goes against him, which is why he should approach those moments much more carefully.

I'm sorry but I find that dumb by him. He's better and should be more intelligent than that.
      pipski87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #1093: Feb 09, 2016 10:55:46 pm
      The trouble is that we want and expect big changes every Summer. When will it end? :f_wah:

We do and its been that for sometime...long gone have the days of 1 or 2 in a few out.
      I feel for Klopp in all this...like taking on a 2nd hand car with no history...no mot..and no tax.
      Need a few homegrown....with hearts on their sleeves....that's a big lack atm.
      And a less inanimate object in goal would be a bonus too  :-\
      Bad times..... but im rolling with it.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #1094: Feb 09, 2016 10:55:57 pm
      Unlucky to lose that.

Was worried when I saw the line up, but our makeshift midfield and defence played well.
      Lucas was MOTM, regardless of that foul. It was extremely soft, and even if it was a foul, doesnt change how well he played overall.

Benteke should have scored when 1 on 1, but I see no need for a witch hunt.

Painful one, but decent performance. Move on.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1095: Feb 09, 2016 10:56:35 pm
      What's going on here tonight is that people are picking their favourite scapegoats and blaming them for why we lost.

You're wrong. People are rightly blaming Benteke for wasting chance after chance after chance. Got his big money move and big salary and guess what? He can't deliver! If half those chances had fallen to Danny, he's scoring at least a brace.

Yes, he had some nice touches. Just like Lallana does, but ultimately delivers squat!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1096: Feb 09, 2016 10:58:34 pm
      I'm not putting all the blame on one lad. We missed many chances on goal, with many to blame.

But for a player of Lucas' experience and ability, there's absolutely no need to even possibly give that foul away, even though I agree that it was a gentle brush at best.

You just get that gut feeling in situations like that, Lucas never gets the rub of the green, and it invariably goes against him, which is why he should approach those moments much more carefully.

I'm sorry but I find that dumb by him. He's better and should be more intelligent than that.

Agreed.

However, mistakes at both ends of the pitch cost us, that's football.

People have to find a scapegoat, usually it's Mignolet, today it's somebody else...

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,722 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1097: Feb 09, 2016 10:58:37 pm

Not Smith and Flanagan for being awful on the first goal? Not Teixeira for missing a great chance? Benteke was poor tonight, but it's utter nonsense that he should shoulder all the blame for that defeat.

I hope things are well in your universe meanwhile back on Earth Benteke is rightly singled out as a profligate fool
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1098: Feb 09, 2016 11:01:08 pm
      :mad: :mad:

Unlucky tonight. Been the better side. Didn't deserve that at all, but some lads on here will be happy.

I'm not.

What the F**k is it with you lad?

The players that you defend staunchly and bicker with other people on this forum to the point where it reaches borderline ridiculousness the lengths you go to are Benteke, Balotelli, Moses, Sterling, Johnson notice a trend there? Have you got some sort of complex lad support players on their ability and their contribution to the club and nothing else.

FFS it's so blatant.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #1099: Feb 09, 2016 11:04:07 pm
      Must say Lucas is prob our best centre back, calm on the ball and better awareness and organisational skills than the others, wonder if JK will play him there on Sunday? Just hope Ibe is given a extended rest, has been dreadful most of the season, and very hopeful with Studge, Couts and Firmino we can start winning again
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #1100: Feb 09, 2016 11:04:13 pm
      Sad at the loss,BUT very proud of the performance put in by the lads tonight.Especially the young'ns.Pity about the foul at the end (Lucas was and is my motm)Fancied us for the pens.
      Did anyone notice the "looks" Lucas gave Mings on more than a couple of occasions ? Defenders defend much better when they have confidence in their goalie.This confidence is sorely missed imho.We need  a top keeper,end of.
      Great to see Sturridge,Origi & Courtino back on the pitch,think we could now go on a bit of a run.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #1101: Feb 09, 2016 11:09:14 pm
      I wasn't expecting us to make it past 90 minutes.

Is that progress?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #1102: Feb 09, 2016 11:10:51 pm
      You're wrong. People are rightly blaming Benteke for wasting chance after chance after chance.

You missed a couple more chances out.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1103: Feb 09, 2016 11:14:43 pm
      What the f**k is it with you lad?

The players that you defend staunchly and bicker with other people on this forum to the point where it reaches borderline ridiculousness the lengths you go to are Benteke, Balotelli, Moses, Sterling, Johnson notice a trend there? Have you got some sort of complex lad support players on their ability and their contribution to the club and nothing else.

FFS it's so blatant.

No. The trend is created because I tend to support Liverpool players, where as certain posters here love to pick a name out of the hat and forbid them from playing for Liverpool. I'm never part of the witch hunt and appeal for reason.

Benteke had a good game tonight. He played really well, he just didn't finish the few chances that he had. The only clear cut chance was the 1v1. Had to score, and has to be held accountable for that miss chance. Other chances were nothing special. Much like Sturridge, Origi, Countinho, and others. Players miss chances. They don't always score. With Benteke, every miss is exaggerated.

All of a sudden he's utter rubbish. No class. No form. Just nothing. Apparently. Now I don't take that. The overhead goal he scored against Utd is forgotten. Intentionally. It goes on and on. I'm sick of it really.

Sadly the witch hunt clouds judgement. Fans look for the errors. Glad to see them so they can place another mark against the player. Not me though.

Quick Reply