Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 61843 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #1012: Apr 15, 2016 12:59:43 pm
      Had to double check the score this morning first thing when I woke up to make sure I didn't dream that game last night.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1013: Apr 15, 2016 01:02:37 pm
      Morning after the night before.
      Been blamed in media for his poor positioning on all three of their goals Stu.

Metro's article actually shows in pics where he should have been for two.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/14/pictures-show-where-liverpools-mamadou-sakho-should-have-been-for-borussia-dortmunds-goals-5817961/

With a clearer mind now today, I remember a text by my brother saying how in that first 15 minutes 'Sakho was all over the place'. Thinking back to 2-0 down I can remember thinking 'it's Lovren and Matip next year for sure'. Sakho will provide great competition but I don't think there can be any doubt that Matip comes in to challenge and probably cement his place alongside Lovren next season and it now appears apparent that this has been Jürgen's thinking for a few good months now. That said Sakho made up for it with that all important equaliser! It was just one of those games - where you play well below your best and yet still end up as a hero.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1014: Apr 15, 2016 01:07:35 pm

Villarreal are the best team left beside us left in the competition.excellent players like Cedric, Bruno ,Denis Suarez etc and old marks like soldado, excellent defensively, will be a very tough match but atmosphere there won't be intense , essentially a very small town club in area famous for things such as tiles etc. Will have to be at our best to win.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #1015: Apr 15, 2016 01:10:21 pm
      W hat an emotional roller coaster yesterday was. Started so disastrously poor, Sakho in particular. It seemed it just wasn't meant to be. Hope was restored and then quickly dashed away again by their third. In no way did I honestly believe we'd be able to be 3 straight past them. But then, once we got that 2nd goal, the magic of momentum could be felt. Not only the 11 on the pitch, but every red in Anfield pulled through to provide one hell of a finish. There is simply too many particulars to discuss, but here's a couple:
      -Sakho and Lovren, never giving up and making up for their mistakes which put us in the hole to begin with.
      -Joe Allen changed the way we did business in the middle of the park. He's really thriving as of late, and showing how to move the ball directly and effectively, while also always being a menace to the opposition.
      -Origi: we have a player here. Still so young, and showing so many facets to his game. He's big, tall, strong, fast, good touch, and good finishing as of late. He's making Studge have to prove himself to this team, which is a good thing.
      -Milner is such a warrior. Never flashy, but this man will never, ever give up the fight. It's infectious to his team, and I always love a player you know would run through a brick wall for you. 3 assists, MOTM for me.
      -And lastly, Klopp. He's made the impact we've hoped he would, and it's absolutely amazing to know that this is just the beginning. Not only an effect on his team and players, but the fans as well. Anfield is back, due to him. As much as I wanted and hoped for success for Brendan, I think we all know a comeback of this sort simply would not and could not have been made under him. Klopp is special, and he's ours.

YNWA, and we go again.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #1016: Apr 15, 2016 01:16:04 pm
      What a game it was. We showed great fitting spirit not to give up, all players to a man were immense against a very good Dortmund. This kind of performance and never say die attitude must start to have an effect on the opposition.

JFT96 :kop5cf8koxp6:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #1017: Apr 15, 2016 01:18:51 pm
      Morning after the night before.
      Been blamed in media for his poor positioning on all three of their goals Stu.

Metro's article actually shows in pics where he should have been for two.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/14/pictures-show-where-liverpools-mamadou-sakho-should-have-been-for-borussia-dortmunds-goals-5817961/

Nearly copped for some blame meself mate, Lovren's scored and I was hysterical - screaming and shouting, Liz was on her laptop on the couch and she jumped out of her skin with shock, had to catch the laptop as it fell out of her lap!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1018: Apr 15, 2016 01:18:52 pm
      Surprised Can didn't get more MOTM votes thought he was a powerhouse in midfield before he was forced off and showed real leadership qualities.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1019: Apr 15, 2016 01:27:41 pm
      Surprised Can didn't get more MOTM votes thought he was a powerhouse in midfield before he was forced off and showed real leadership qualities.

He was very good indeed. Really developing well, just hope he hasn't sustained ankle ligament damage, would be rotten luck for him and us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #1020: Apr 15, 2016 01:30:37 pm
      When everyone thinks they have us at our weakest - we're actually at our strongest!

FANS - TEAM - MANAGER it's just what we do.

Got to score three against Dortmund in the second half, nah that's too easy we'll do four ta.

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1021: Apr 15, 2016 01:35:59 pm

Agree mate. Did the work of two midfielders to make up for Milner who, despite getting the two assists, was trash in the middle of the park all night (criticism ends there, time just be happy and praise the lads).

Love his willingness to have the ball and try be available for teammates and he never stops running even though it gasses him early in the match.

Come on leaps and bounds.

And young Origi. You F***ing weapon. Held it up, ran the channels, went wide with the ball, won headers, and a poacher's run to score.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #1022: Apr 15, 2016 01:38:43 pm
      Just woke up a little bit ago...so it wasn't a dream?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1023: Apr 15, 2016 01:44:19 pm
      Brilliant, klopptastic, amazeballs.

Superb game. stressfull but superb.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1024: Apr 15, 2016 01:54:10 pm
      This cracked me up http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/liverpool/sokeefe/ex-liverpool-star-jamie-carragher-rows-former-chelsea-player-live-radio/

Carra evidently rang up that complete tool Jason Cundy to let him know what he thought! Cundy is a peenar...se of the highest order and I haven't got a clue how he gets on the radio.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1025: Apr 15, 2016 01:54:54 pm
      Agree mate, last night was not a night for picking faults, but for just enjoying the pure excitement, emotion and delight of our win.

I still can't watch Lovren's goal without getting tears in my eyes and laughing out loud.

I just screamed, then shouted we've scored (cos Paul was in the kitchen) then laughed hysterically.

I missed Origis goal (call of nature), I missed the Reus goal (topping up drinks) then after Cou scored I didn't move.  No way was I going to miss any more  ;D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1026: Apr 15, 2016 02:26:42 pm
      4th in La Liga. A way off the top three but a gap between them and the rest.

Only seen snippets of them this season and watched their game vs Barcelona not long ago where they came back from 2-0 down to draw. Cedric Bakambu, their striker, looked quick and lively and was their go-to guy in attack but that could of been because they were playing against Barca and were sitting off them a bit and playing more direct. I don't know how they usually play.

From their position alone in La Liga they deserve a lot of respect and we have to fight to beat them.

Thanks for the update bud, I'd think they are no easy meat either where they came such a long way like us. Hope we don't underestimate them. We haven't won anything yet, hope the lads will  be compossed and remain focussed on the road to the final.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1027: Apr 15, 2016 02:28:53 pm
      They have the 2nd highest scorer in the competition in Bakambu, they've scored in 5 of their 6 away games and have kept clean sheets in 5 of their 6 home games. They simply have to be taken seriously! They're not as good as Dortmund but they're still a very good team.

Thanks for the update. In full agreement.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1028: Apr 15, 2016 03:24:02 pm
      Just watching extended highlights, 2nd half about to start  ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #1029: Apr 15, 2016 03:27:18 pm
      Just watching extended highlights, 2nd half about to start  ;D

I guess one more time wouldn't hurt
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1030: Apr 15, 2016 03:28:37 pm
      I must have watched the highlights and the second half in full about 5 times. Unbelievable game of footy.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #1031: Apr 15, 2016 03:33:58 pm
      3-1 down now game over.........not a f***in chance
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1032: Apr 15, 2016 03:55:16 pm
      Amazing!  Even better than I remember it but I'd had a few drinks last night  ;D
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #1033: Apr 15, 2016 03:56:34 pm
      If anything wants to watch the highlights again in good quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8N1DhgVZA
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1034: Apr 15, 2016 04:09:05 pm
      I guess one more time wouldn't hurt

Only one Walt? My weekend plan involves highlights on repeat and a big box of tissues ;)

Quick Reply