Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who's going to the final?

Villarreal
      10 (11.6%)
      Liverpool
      76 (88.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: May 05, 2016 01:52:18 pm

Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg

Read 19354 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg
      Reply #92: May 04, 2016 10:14:59 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #93: May 04, 2016 10:21:20 pm
      I voted for Villarreal to go through, not because I am a traitor or not a true supporter, but because I believe that we will concede and that Villarreal has a solid defense so it will be very difficult for us to put 3 past them.

It goes without saying that I hope I am wrong. I am taking the day off tomorrow to watch the game from the USA along with other die hard fans. You can believe when I say that I breath LFC.

PS: If everyone on the forum is expected to always vote Win, then what is the purpose of having a vote?

Well, that's your opinion, and you might be right. I didn't vote, so I don't know what the breakdown is :)

Was tough result in first leg. They score, we need 3. But we have home advantage, and the crowd will be whipped. Chances for both sides I'd put close to 50/50 - but if I had to pick, I'd go with us, cause if we get the early goal, and recreate some of the tempo of the Dortmund match, we can get what we need.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #94: May 04, 2016 10:27:20 pm
      I voted for Villarreal to go through, not because I am a traitor or not a true supporter, but because I believe that we will concede and that Villarreal has a solid defense so it will be very difficult for us to put 3 past them.

It goes without saying that I hope I am wrong. I am taking the day off tomorrow to watch the game from the USA along with other die hard fans. You can believe when I say that I breath LFC.

PS: If everyone on the forum is expected to always vote Win, then what is the purpose of having a vote?

I haven't got a problem with that at all, it's your gut feeling and mental reasoning.

If you were superstitious and say had to vote yes, then the next person is superstitious and feels they have to vote no. Who is the final lucky person who's decision tips it in our favour?

I don't want to vote on it, I hardly ever do, I never think oh we'll lose today but some days I know it's going to be very tricky.

In the predictions league, I don't think I've ever voted that sensibly, like a draw, it's always a massive win ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #95: May 04, 2016 10:28:46 pm
      I think we will win 3-0 but we only need to win 1-0 to go to extra time and penalties. I think almost everyone seems to think we will need 3 goals to progress which puts added pressure on us that we don't really need.

Get a goal, keep a clean sheet and hope more goals follow the first. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #96: May 04, 2016 10:32:28 pm

Well said.

Actually I'm surprised the 'go through' vote is as high as 88%.  Deluded fools! Which leads me on to...

1-0 to us.  Maybe an hour or so of toe-curling nail-biting unenjoyment and then the delight of penalties with Mignolet scoring the winner after we've been through both teams twice.

Sounds Liverpool-ish.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #97: May 04, 2016 10:33:02 pm
      I think we will win 3-0 but we only need to win 1-0 to go to extra time and penalties. I think almost everyone seems to think we will need 3 goals to progress which puts added pressure on us that we don't really need.

Get a goal, keep a clean sheet and hope more goals follow the first. 

It hardly ever ends well for us to go for the 1 nil win, our defence is depleted and it's not ideal for us to be cagey.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #98: May 04, 2016 10:40:46 pm
      It hardly ever ends well for us to go for the 1 nil win, our defence is depleted and it's not ideal for us to be cagey.

I agree mate, I just think going out thinking we really need 3 goals to go through just adds to the pressure and the likelihood of us being caught out at the back.

Concentrate on getting the first goal and take it from there.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #99: May 04, 2016 10:50:10 pm
      I agree mate, I just think going out thinking we really need 3 goals to go through just adds to the pressure and the likelihood of us being caught out at the back.

Concentrate on getting the first goal and take it from there.

It does add pressure, I would never imagine that he'd tell them we need 3 because we are a bit dodgy at defending sometimes. Just set out to win, that's good enough for me, who dares wins.
      It'd be nice for a game to be easy but Liverpool hardly ever disappoint the neutrals there. I'm extra fond of us for that but it's a rollercoaster sometimes, but the most exciting moments n' all that.

I'll go with that logic you said, get a goal see how it goes.

Can't wait for the game to start.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #100: May 04, 2016 10:53:10 pm
      Was rooting for Neuer getting a winning header in stoppage time. Hope Mings does it for us ! I wish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWz-NubVpM

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Reply #101: May 04, 2016 11:07:47 pm
      Feel that the defence,  may well let us down tomorrow. Really hope that the Reds prove me wrong, and go through to another final.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #102: May 04, 2016 11:12:50 pm
      Villarreal will thrive against Liverpool in Anfield cauldron, says boss Marcelino ahead of semi-final clash BY PETE OLIVER The La Liga side are 1-0 up on aggregate after last week's first leg at El Madrigal but are only halfway to the final in Basel on May

Villarreal boss Marcelino is backing his players to thrive on Anfield’s red-hot atmosphere and end Liverpool’s Euro dream.

The top-four Spanish side needs to hang onto a 1-0 first-leg lead to reach the Europa League final and keep alive hopes of a first major European trophy.

And the experienced Marcelino isn’t worried by the claim from Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp that they don’t know what it means to play in front of the passion of the Kop on a big European night.

Marcelino said: “It’s a real pleasure to be able to play here and something that will be a really nice occasion for us.

“But in no way whatsoever will we be affected by the atmosphere in any adverse manner at all. If anything, we will be affected in a positive way.

“We will be galvanised by the atmosphere and I think it will drive us on to perform better ourselves, once we experience it. We have that feeling we can get through to the final.”

He added: “What I can say is Liverpool as a club have an extraordinary squad of footballers.

“Am I right in saying Benteke cost around Euros 50m, which more less equates to the whole turnover of Villarreal?

“We are not anxious to see who turns out for Liverpool because we know whoever they put in a front three can create problems if we are not guarded against that threat.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/villarreal-thrive-against-liverpool-anfield-7898652
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #103: May 04, 2016 11:19:14 pm
      As it stands, WE are the ONLY ENGLISH CLUB LEFT IN EUROPE.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #104: May 05, 2016 12:25:48 am
      UEFA dont like us. They think we tarnish their reputation if the club with a cheater in the squad win their competition. Prepare for bollox from referees. Hope we are stronger then THEM
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #105: May 05, 2016 12:33:36 am
      We will squash Villarreal at Anfield, absolutely no doubt.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #106: May 05, 2016 01:25:09 am
      I am hoping for a 2-0 win but have a feeling...a dark and horrible feeling that it will be a 1-1
      I would select:

Mig
      Clyne
      Toure
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Milner
      Firmino
      Coutihno
      Lalana
      Sturidge

Bench:
      Ward
      Skrtel
      Benteke
      Ojo
      Allen
      Smith
      Can
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #107: May 05, 2016 01:50:58 am
      I believe that the only change Klopp will make will be to start Sturridge in lieu of Lucas. Allen is becoming a favorite under Klopp and will most certainly start. I believe that the key player will be Coutinho: if he produces one of his man of the match performance we will have a good chance of going through. Unfortunately, due to illness or other, he has disappointed in the last 2 games. I really hope he gets his mojo back.

Mig

Clyne
      Toure
      Lovren
      Moreno

Allen
      Milner

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Lallana

Sturridge
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #108: May 05, 2016 02:21:03 am
      Going to be so nervous about this game. Backs against the wall. We HAVE to win this one folks. We HAVE to advance to the final.

I sure hope whoever Klopp picks is up for this and understands what's at stake.

Kickoff is going to be right when I'm starting my outbrief at my client so by the time my meetings over, it could well be decided. Hate that I won't be able to at least follow the live thread. Already getting nervous.

:couch:
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #109: May 05, 2016 06:42:03 am
      I believe that the only change Klopp will make will be to start Sturridge in lieu of Lucas. Allen is becoming a favorite under Klopp and will most certainly start. I believe that the key player will be Coutinho: if he produces one of his man of the match performance we will have a good chance of going through. Unfortunately, due to illness or other, he has disappointed in the last 2 games. I really hope he gets his mojo back.

Mig

Clyne
      Toure
      Lovren
      Moreno

Allen
      Milner

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Lallana

Sturridge

This line should win the tie. Subs: Ward, Benteke, Lucas, Ojo, Can, Caulker, Ibe
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #110: May 05, 2016 08:17:22 am

This is all that needs to be said and I will just add......

COMMMMEEEEE TTTHHHHEEE FUUUCCCKKKK OONNNNNNNN
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #111: May 05, 2016 09:03:35 am
      Anyone know if radio merseyside will be doing live commentary tonight?  If not I'll have to follow on 5live.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #112: May 05, 2016 09:13:14 am
      Who´s thinking about plan B if we´re two nill down 10 minutes in like ;D

No worries JĂźrgen, I´ve got this.  ;)

Mings
      Clyne    Future   Captain    Moreno
                  Lucas      Milner
        Lallana      Firmino      Coutinho
               Benteke   Sturridge

Sadly, we can only have 11 players on the pitch including the goalkeeper. :(
      Perhaps, we can get rid of Mignolet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #113: May 05, 2016 09:19:35 am
      Awful feeling heading in to this which i can't shake off.

Hope i'm wrong and we can get through.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #114: May 05, 2016 09:25:38 am
      I think he will *NOT* start Sturridge but go with the same team as last week.

Keep it tight for 45 minutes or so (& hopefully get a goal). Then unleash Sturridge in the 2nd half. If we need further goals then Benteke joins Sturridge for last 15 minutes.

Firmino to score tonight.

Quick Reply