Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Read 56153 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Southampton)
      Reply #460: Jun 26, 2016 06:15:17 pm
      Could be KS...however if that was the intent of the post it also would be incorrect.

Cool.

Why didn't you write that in the first place then?

Those counter arguments added something to think about, crowing about a 25 game streak not existing didn't.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #461: Jun 26, 2016 06:19:18 pm
      Cool.

Why didn't you write that in the first place then?

Those counter arguments added something to think about, crowing about a 25 game streak not existing didn't.

I just like calling a spade a spade.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #462: Jun 26, 2016 06:22:24 pm
      Well, I suppose it could do to the original poster. Not registering a goal or an assist in two thirds of the games he plays could suggest an inconsistency.

My point is, if you want to bang on about a statistic at least don't move the goalposts because it better suits your argument.

AZ is passing off the lack of a 25 game streak as him exposing the inaccuracy of a statistic that wasn't really ever put forth.

This is right, couldn't agree more, that's why I am not a huge fan of stats to judge a player. Also, another thing to consider, how was he in those games that he did not score or assist? Was he really sh*t and offered nothing in those games? Who was he up against (team and player), what were the tactics for both sides?

Anyway, I like Mane and think he will fit into our style of football, and having the likes of Coutinho and Firmino which he didn't have at Southampton should no doubt improve him, also, adding to that,  forwards that run and create space in Sturridge, Ings and Origi  helps.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #463: Jun 26, 2016 06:41:49 pm
      I just like calling a spade a spade.

Anyway, we're signing Mane. So I hope he isn't sh*te.

Be really helpful if we had a summer where all our signings outperform expectations.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2016 06:49:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #464: Jun 26, 2016 08:12:52 pm
      What's the situation with Mane? I haven't been following this lately, been observing the fallout from this shitstorm regarding the EU.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #465: Jun 26, 2016 08:33:40 pm
      What's the situation with Mane? I haven't been following this lately, been observing the fallout from this shitstorm regarding the EU.

He's on holiday and we're continuing to negotiate with Southampton. That's what I get from what I've read anyway.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #466: Jun 26, 2016 09:03:48 pm
      He's on holiday and we're continuing to negotiate with Southampton. That's what I get from what I've read anyway.

And Tony Blair is still a Kunt!!

YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #467: Jun 26, 2016 09:07:18 pm
      Hey has pace and hes not central - sounds good to me. Prices now adays are ludicrous.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #468: Jun 26, 2016 10:35:01 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #469: Jun 26, 2016 10:41:37 pm
      Can't quite believe I've only been in the arkles chat room to talk frickin politics for the past two days. Well fu....ck that! Back to the football. Seems we're actually gonna sign someone then!? I like Mane, good player, exactly what we're short of and if it is for £30 million that seems like a decent enough price for both clubs. However I will get even more shi....t and abuse from the Saitns fans down this way!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #470: Jun 26, 2016 10:43:16 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #471: Jun 26, 2016 10:45:12 pm
      Seeing he having medical AND discussing personal terms. Still a bit to be done?

Well yea...since it's us. Arsenal would have already had the deal done and dusted.

Ayre has  to work his magic now!!

Patiently awaiting Spurs bid now.....
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #472: Jun 26, 2016 10:47:35 pm
      So well connected sources on Liverpool's end say £30m yet this guy thinks he knows best :D ...

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 2m2 minutes ago
      Some morning papers carrying Mané medical tomorrow at #LFC - fee quoted is 30M - so that's a briefing from Liverpool end - #saintsfc want 35 -
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #473: Jun 26, 2016 11:02:17 pm

Woohoo!!  Fantastic news, I'm really quite excited by this signing, I think he's going to make a massive difference to our attack.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #474: Jun 26, 2016 11:41:32 pm
      Good bit business IMO, if a little pricey. Just hope he sets the wings alight!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #475: Jun 26, 2016 11:44:22 pm
      @Premierleague clubs - want to get a 30MM+ fee for a player? Have them score 3+ against us a season = guaranteed bid.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #476: Jun 27, 2016 12:20:03 am
      Pretty chuffed with this. Think he will fit into the team nicely. The fact that Klopp is willing to spend a large chunk of his budget on a single player, he must rate him highly. Get in. Presuming he passes the medical and what have you..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #477: Jun 27, 2016 12:58:10 am
      Without wanting to jinx the lad - impressive games (and goals obviously) tally in his first four full seasons of professional football.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #478: Jun 27, 2016 01:19:38 am
      Could be KS...however if that was the intent of the post it also would be incorrect.

He scored or assisted in 15 matches. of the 37 played he did not play in 2 and was used as a substitute off the bench in 5 others.

Wellbuilts premise is that Sadio Mane is terribly inconsistent compared to others.

However if one looks a little closely at the 2015/2016 season it would appear that position is pretty inconsistent and that Sadio Mane is pretty much up there as far as averages for wingers go.

In 15 matches where Sadio Mane started and completed the match he did not score or assist.

In 12 matches where Roberto Firmino started and completed the match he did not score or assist.

In 16 matches where Philipe Coutinho started and completed the match he did not score or assist.

In 24 matches where Eden Hazard started and completed the match he did not score or assist.

In 13 matches where Gareth Bale started and completed the match he did not score or assist.

In 24 matches where Ronaldo started and completed the match he did not score or assist.

I said he is inconsistent

not compared to others - simply inconsistent on its own merit

he has not done enough to be thought about as a £30 or £20 million pound signing
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #479: Jun 27, 2016 01:28:20 am
      Pretty chuffed with this. Think he will fit into the team nicely. The fact that Klopp is willing to spend a large chunk of his budget on a single player, he must rate him highly. Get in. Presuming he passes the medical and what have you..

And Brendan
      And Kenny
      And Benitez

wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #480: Jun 27, 2016 01:28:43 am
      Mane is an electric player but good pace and acceleration. I think he will be invaluable to helping us unlock defenses. I am very excited with this acquisition.

If he commits himself to his playing career he can become a world class player because he has all the physical attributes to become one. Let's hope that a big contract at a big club does not hamper Sadio's will to keep working hard and improve.

In my opinion that is the only risk with this purchase because based on skills this guy is special.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #481: Jun 27, 2016 01:32:34 am
      I said he is inconsistent

not compared to others - simply inconsistent on its own merit

he has not done enough to be thought about as a £30 or £20 million pound signing

Who would you have us sign then??  Try to stick to players of similar valuation who would actually come play for us without needing excessivee wages to convince them to join.  There aren't many wingers / wide forwards with better production than Mane who are both available attainable by us....
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #482: Jun 27, 2016 05:19:31 am

Quick Reply