Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 39585 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #161: Jun 14, 2016 07:21:51 pm
      Wonder what UEFA will do now as it is reported that English fans are under attack now in Lille....

I reckon a good telling off with a "go to your room!" will be dished out..
      the FA could withdraw the team and tell all the fans to come back, the tournament would mean nothing then to anybody if one of the best team withdraws.
      Kopite78
      Reply #162: Jun 14, 2016 07:23:35 pm
      the FA could withdraw the team and tell all the fans to come back, the tournament would mean nothing then to anybody if one of the best team withdraws.

But what about if England withdraw?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #163: Jun 14, 2016 08:31:57 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/13/russia-officials-fan-violence-marseille-england

Vladimir Markin, a top official at the country’s investigative committee, scoffed at suggestions that some Russians involved in the violence were hardened fighters who had come especially to fight: “They are surprised when they see a real man looking like a man should. They’re only used to seeing ‘men’ at gay parades,”

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Whatever about the culpability of fans from other countries, have heard enough backwards bollox coming out of Russia for a long time now, nevermind the sh*te above, to wonder how the f**k they are hosting the World Cup in 2018...
      Kopite78
      Reply #164: Jun 14, 2016 08:42:44 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/13/russia-officials-fan-violence-marseille-england

Vladimir Markin, a top official at the country’s investigative committee, scoffed at suggestions that some Russians involved in the violence were hardened fighters who had come especially to fight: “They are surprised when they see a real man looking like a man should. They’re only used to seeing ‘men’ at gay parades,”

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Whatever about the culpability of fans from other countries, have heard enough backwards bollox coming out of Russia for a long time now, nevermind the sh*te above, to wonder how the f**k they are hosting the World Cup in 2018...

I agree mate, even if UEFA don't have the bollocks to strip them of the World Cup then fans from all other nations should boycott it
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #165: Jun 14, 2016 08:44:40 pm
      Dirty, cheating, corrupt Russian b*stards! Get away with absolute murder they do! Ban the c*nts!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #166: Jun 14, 2016 09:00:52 pm
      I wonder if Danny Dyer was there interviewing 50 yr old grown men wearing trainers and Burberry shirts.

It's amazing that the French didn't see this coming. The Russian Ultras are Insane. Their are 100 billion videos of Russian Hooligans fighting all over the place and everyone of their firms has direct links to Ultra Nationalists and/or Neo Nazis groups.

À
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #167: Jun 14, 2016 09:12:35 pm
      More violence today..
      http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0614/795444-euro-2016-violence/

Whatever about who is to blame ...after hearing the story about a policeman and his wife stabbed to death at their home, with the fu**ed up killer posting a video online, and leaving a 3 year old child orphaned and traumatized ... you have to think the police could be better served by being as vigilant as possible on THAT front.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #168: Jun 14, 2016 10:15:32 pm
      So Russia importing fascist hooligans? Typical of them really. 

What are the odds that Putin apologists from the regressive left blame NATO and the EU?!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #169: Jun 14, 2016 10:21:19 pm
      I thought UEFA said any more trouble and they would be kicked out, I guess throwing chairs in Lille is okay then? I don't understand.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #170: Jun 14, 2016 11:11:45 pm
      I thought UEFA said any more trouble and they would be kicked out, I guess throwing chairs in Lille is okay then? I don't understand.

It's all well and good saying what they will do but another thing altogether when it comes to following up what they are threatening. Think it's called a lack of bottle.

It's a shame that a tournament that had the potential to be a very good one will now be overshadowed by a bunch of cu*ts. This wont be the last of the violence.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #171: Jun 15, 2016 12:19:53 am
      Was reading that Lille is now shutdown.  What should of been a massive boost for small businesses and bars and restaurants are forced to close because of a few hundred assholes. People made a trip of a lifetime for this tourney and now it's ruined. The fact that Russia completely ignores the issue and denies it's even happening is just another example of how Russia think they can do whatever they want without consequences.  Eventually Putin will do something either politically or militarily which will force NATO into action. It's inevitable.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #172: Jun 15, 2016 12:24:17 am
      What I don't get is why the French authorities just don't round up these "paramilitary" types and ship them out of the country?

Surely they can't be to hard to find and I would assume the French have the right to revoke any visa of any visitor in they're country.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #173: Jun 15, 2016 02:44:26 am
      Is it me or is Russia getting a little scary? They're slowly moving from a pseudo communist country into a radical, right wing, neo nazi, nationalist dictatorship. The last time that happened Europe burned for 7 years and was cut up like a puzzle.
      Russia has an over inflated ego. They have a weak ass GDP based on nothing but Oil. They have an antiquated military still and try and fool the world into making us believe they're a threat.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #174: Jun 15, 2016 02:53:15 am
      Is it me or is Russia getting a little scary? They're slowly moving from a pseudo communist country into a radical, right wing, neo nazi, nationalist dictatorship. The last time that happened Europe burned for 7 years and was cut up like a puzzle.
      Russia has an over inflated ego. They have a weak ass GDP based on nothing but Oil. They have an antiquated military still and try and fool the world into making us believe they're a threat.

All the countries that are trying to be relevant are scary.

Because when push comes to shove, if staying relevant means taking extreme measures, they'll do it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #175: Jun 15, 2016 04:49:39 am

They are a threat, they have nukes. Just like the US or any other nation with nukes is a threat.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #176: Jun 15, 2016 08:17:54 am
      You are clueless. It is not that our fans our worse behaved, it is that we have more media coverage of our own fans than other countries fans. If you read foreign papers you would not think the same. American papers were writing for days that English didn't start it before English media realized they printed garbage. I am not saying Englands fans are angels, but they certainly are not the worst in the world and they have been targeted unfairly here. It seems they tried to make English look like a scape goat and had to U turn because of the amount of evidence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/euro-2016-french-fail-to-arrest-any-russian-hooligans-after-mars/

Euro 2016: 150 'hyper-violent' Russian hooligans escaped police in Marseille and are set to ambush England fans again in Lille

I suppose when the English defend themselves we will get blamed and thrown out of Europe then.

'It's not us it's the media'

:lmao:

Can't make this stuff up. Was the media the one rioting in Belgium? Did the media trash France in 98? Did the media throw beers at other fans in Brazil? Did the media have to be tear gassed in France this year?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #177: Jun 15, 2016 08:23:00 am
      'It's not us it's the media'

:lmao:

Can't make this stuff up. Was the media the one rioting in Belgium? Did the media trash France in 98? Did the media throw beers at other fans in Brazil? Did the media have to be tear gassed in France this year?
      Those were relatively small and many other countries were in the same situation. Almost all people are agreed almost all of this in 2016 was Russian fans attacking English, French Police doing nothing and English defending thesemselves. You obviously have a big bias against England.

Germany v Ukraine, 2016... do you think this would have been different than England v Russia if it was in Marseille?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/germany-ukraine-fans-violence-lille-8175118

Italy v Serbia 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/oct/12/italy-serbia-called-off-crowd-trouble

Austria v Coatia 2008

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1025002/Euro-2008-Austria-v-Croatia--action-Vienna.html

Australia v Uraguay

http://www.eurosport.com/football/world-cup-2006-qualifying2/2006/australia-threaten-to-walk_sto779003/story.shtml

Football violence from English fans is like pillow fights compared to the stuff that goes on in Eastern European countries.
      Football violence happens at Every tournament, sometimes it involves us and sometimes it doesn't. On this occasion in Euro 2016 England fans were involved but did not start it and were far from responsible for this. Russian fans and French Police have the most to answer for. Ever since this started you have been #BlameEngland and very annoying. I am not saying English fans are blameless. I am just refusing to accept the garbage posting you keep making about English fans being the worst in the world.

Even your examples to back up your arguments where you mentioned our crowd trouble in Brazil is very one sided.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647149/More-650-Argentinian-football-hooligans-brave-life-death-planning-ambush-England-fans-World-Cup-warn-police.html

More than 650 Argentinian football hooligans 'brave beyond life and death' are planning to ambush England fans at the World Cup, warn police

Very curious, which country are you from to hate England so much?

EDIT: I see you are in Scotland. Mystery solved.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016 01:00:14 pm by Ribapuru »
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #178: Jun 15, 2016 11:15:17 am
      I have a cousin owning a bar in Marseille.
      What he told me about responsabilities is a bit more nuanced.

His establishment was annexed by english fans 2 days before the game, probably because it's a beer specialized bar. Not hooligans especially but a mixed lot going from families to groups of young drunkyards. While ambiance started cool with chants etc... after some hours those bands started to taunt passerbys, especially of immigrant descent (he's in a popular street of the Vieux Port, largely inhabited by people of algerian origin), asking them if they supported isis, etc.. up to throwing food and spraying beer at them.
      He tried to calm them down, refusing to serve more alcohol to some, and trying to establish dialog with less excited elements, and managed with the help of some older and less drunk supporters to avoid fights this first day, which convinced him to stay open, a thing he now regrets.
      He was less lucky the next, as his bar having become a known english camp it attracted even more people, and of the more extreme category of fans, who were drunk by the beginning of afternoon and resumed their taunting of migrant and russian supporters passing by.
      Trying diplomacy again he mostly got as response that he should understand it's just normal to get drunk before a game, and was even threatened he had to accept and serve everyone if he wanted his furnitures to stay intact. After some fight (between english drunk supporters) started he had to call police to get some of the most excited out, and gain a few hours of calm.
      Sadly it's just when things looked back in control that the bar got a punitive expedition from a band of algerians that were taunted the previous day, and a larger brawl started, the two sides fighting with his chairs etc... breaking lots of things.
      After police helped him again to close the bar, this time using tear gas and all, he decided to stay close for the game's day, losing serious revenue, but it was finally the good choice as it avoided him to also suffer the Russian raids (neighbouring bars got even worse treatment that night and the next day, when russians hooligans launched organized attacks, he was finally rather lucky to have his bar evacuated before) .
      To resume, while it's true english he saw weren't organized hooligans and that others started the real violence, the behavior he witnessed in Marseille was everything but exemplary, and I doubt english supporters will ever be welcome in his bar again.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #179: Jun 15, 2016 11:43:29 am

His establishment was annexed by english fans 2 days before the game, probably because it's a beer specialized bar. Not hooligans especially but a mixed lot going from families to groups of young drunkyards. While ambiance started cool with chants etc... after some hours those bands started to taunt passerbys, especially of immigrant descent (he's in a popular street of the Vieux Port, largely inhabited by people of algerian origin), asking them if they supported isis, etc.. up to throwing food and spraying beer at them.
      He tried to calm them down, refusing to serve more alcohol to some, and trying to establish dialog with less excited elements, and managed with the help of some older and less drunk supporters to avoid fights this first day, which convinced him to stay open, a thing he now regrets.
      He was less lucky the next, as his bar having become a known english camp it attracted even more people, and of the more extreme category of fans, who were drunk by the beginning of afternoon and resumed their taunting of migrant and russian supporters passing by.
      Trying diplomacy again he mostly got as response that he should understand it's just normal to get drunk before a game, and was even threatened he had to accept and serve everyone if he wanted his furnitures to stay intact. After some fight (between english drunk supporters) started he had to call police to get some of the most excited out, and gain a few hours of calm.
      Sadly it's just when things looked back in control that the bar got a punitive expedition from a band of algerians that were taunted the previous day, and a larger brawl started, the two sides fighting with his chairs etc... breaking lots of things.
      After police helped him again to close the bar, this time using tear gas and all, he decided to stay close for the game's day, losing serious revenue, but it was finally the good choice as it avoided him to also suffer the Russian raids (neighbouring bars got even worse treatment that night and the next day, when russians hooligans launched organized attacks, he was finally rather lucky to have his bar evacuated before) .
      To resume, while it's true english he saw weren't organized hooligans and that others started the real violence, the behavior he witnessed in Marseille was everything but exemplary, and I doubt english supporters will ever be welcome in his bar again.

I can believe that.

And I can understand he'd never welcome English supporters back.

I knew the English were boisterous to say the least - and I believe British officers had to train/teach German officers (or some other mob) that English chanting (of the passive nature) and boisterousness doesn't need to be ruled with an iron fist per sa - it's harmless.

However, when this chanting steps over the line towards more aggressive and hostile abuse like it did in Marseille, then it isn't only the police who are affected, it's the people the abuse is directed at that are affected. And when they come back with an iron fist that's when the sh*t hits the fan. In other words, I have no doubt some English fans antagonised passers-by with abusive rhetoric that kicked it all off. Shame on them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #180: Jun 15, 2016 01:45:40 pm

Uefa are on about in the ground.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #181: Jun 15, 2016 01:47:16 pm

My cousins uncles dogs granny's owners bothers nephews wifes brother also has a bar across the road from your cousin and disagrees with those events.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #182: Jun 15, 2016 01:48:47 pm
      My cousins uncles dogs granny's owners bothers nephews wifes brother also lives across the road from your cousin and disagrees with those events.

Is that meant to be funny? What a pithy, cringe inducing post dripping in so much stupidity. Idiot.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #183: Jun 15, 2016 01:51:04 pm
      What a pithy, pathetic post dripping in so much stupidity. Idiot.
      I was merely pointing out, there is no credibility in his post. It is recorded on video that there were some French nationals throwing chairs at English fans. It doesn't surprise me that bias reports with no evidence pop up. It is more hysteria about #BlameEngland with no evidence. I can find the opposite though from a very respectable newspaper.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/euro-2016-england-fans-were-provoked-after-police-required-tear-gas-to-halt-violent-clashes-with-a7074096.html

O'Malley's bar manager Anthony Heraud tells Ian Herbert that a large group of English fans were provoked by French locals in Marseilles as violent clashes mar tournament build-up

If he can provide some clear evidence from a good source to back up his uncles claims then fine, until then it is just another person hanging a go at English fans.

Quick Reply