Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Klopp signs contract extension to 2022

Read 5475 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Klopp signs contract extension to 2022
      Reply #46: Jul 09, 2016 09:22:05 am
      Tony Barrett & TaW are saying that this new contract is not only for the 6 years but basically FSG has given him entire control and final say about what happens at the club; he is free to do what he wants. He will have a respectable budget and that there is no more TC vs MGR argument..in the end it begins and ends with JĆ¼rgen.

No more TC per say a (as in our pick vs mgr. pick), he can hire/fire as he wants and Ian Ayre's replacement will be chosen by Klopp; FSG has abandoned the idea of a "sporting director" or even a "Moneyball" idea..Klopp will answer directly to Gordon, Warner & Henry only.

As said on TaW they have put 100% of the long term eggs into the JĆ¼rgen Klopp basket and have basically committed over Ā£50+ million pounds in salary guarantees over the next 6 years to him along with his eyes & brain.

Rumor has it that earlier this year JĆ¼rgen was a bit unhappy about how work was being done in regards to transfers and internal operations...FSG caught wind of his unhappiness and this contract (more so than the money) was a transfer of control of the club into his hands where there is zero doubt as too who makes the rules. He now has it in contractual writing with the owners signature a total control of Liverpool Football club which stands as a big reversal of these owners ideas on management.

IMO if they are going this route they will back him financially; I do not however believe that JĆ¼rgen will go on a massive spending spree straight away...with this contract he has basically been told to build this club back up and focus on the future.

To bad we could not have done this 5 years ago.

Too bad indeed  AZ.

Have to put the past down to a learning curve.

Rookie owners who first employed a rookie manager.

The future looks bright.

Klopp can pick Ayres replacement . ?   

Thats going to be interesting !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #47: Jul 09, 2016 11:52:42 am
      Your right FL I've been found out.

If we get somebody like that next year or the following one make sure and bookmark my posts so you can call me to the mat on that one.

Hey, you are the one that's argued till you are blue in the face to anyone that would or wouldn't listen that Klopp doesn't do that, I just found it odd that you'd change your stance so quickly because Klopp now has "full control", something he already assured us he had months ago. :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Jul 10, 2016 09:44:41 am
      Don't shoot the messenger .

I've posted how I fully support the decision for JĆ¼rgen's new contract as most do ....but this is put on here for Open Debate.

As Ian Hislop said this week.
      "The Brexiteers may have won but the Remainers should still be allowed the right of debate."

True : Thats why Parliament have a Government and  an Opposition

ā€œIt is not going too far to say the owners are infatuated with the manager.
      Being in love with the German is fine on the Kop; in the boardroom, itā€™s more dangerous.
      Liverpoolā€™s era of success was built on hard-eyed, sometimes brutal, footballing Darwinism.
      The new contract offer suggests accountability is no longer in vogue at Anfield.

ā€œIt is also a boneheaded business move.
      Klopp was already paid in the region of Ā£7 million per year and the earliest negotiations for an extension would have taken place at most clubs would be next summer, when the German had a year left on his contract plus the option of another 12 months.

That would have given the owners ā€“ and the manager ā€“ a chance to see whether there were real signs of progression and whether the honeymoon mood will continue.ā€

Essentially Evans is arguing that a new contract should have been awarded in 12 monthsā€™ time once weā€™d given Klopp the chance to work with a squad of his creation, following a full summer pre-season.

He cannot understand why following an eighth placed finish and two Cup Final defeats the decision to extend Kloppā€™s deal has already been made.

Does Tony Evans have a valid point ?

Asking the Question .
      (Now who do I sound like ?  ;D)

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2909245/liverpool-should-invest-more-in-the-club-than-JĆ¼rgen-klopp

Its entitled  Act Of Madness

Liverpool supporters have welcomed the news that Fenway Sports Group have extended JĆ¼rgen Klopp's contract. The American owners have been so impressed by the German's impact that, a mere 10 months into his tenure, they have locked him into the job until 2022. "Not to do so would be irresponsible," an FSG statement said.

It is an act of madness; far from being a positive development, it reflects the haphazard way Liverpool are being run.

Klopp was under contract until 2018, with the option to stay at Anfield another year.

The 49-year-old certainly transformed the mood around the club since he replaced Brendan Rodgers in October. He has a bouncy, upbeat personality and created a surge of optimism on the Kop. Perhaps his biggest impact, though, was across the Atlantic.

Little more than a year ago, FSG were talking about selling the club.
      The phrase "monetize the asset" had replaced "win the league," but Klopp reignited the owners' enthusiasm.

The Boston-based group have dismissed a number of recent approaches from potential investors with contempt.
      They have simply ignored any advances.

The problem is that FSG have no clear plan as to how to take the club forward apart from placing their trust in the manager.

The lack of strong leadership on Merseyside has been a feature of FSG's six years of ownership, a time in which the club have won just one trophy and qualified for the Champions League just once.

Wild mood swings have become a feature of life at Anfield: boundless optimism one week, angry negativity the next. Both of FSG's previous managerial appointments, Kenny Dalglish and Rodgers, were hailed as saviours and then sacked ignominiously amid rancour and derision from a hysterical support base.

In short, the problems run far deeper than the dugout.
      There is no infrastructure in place to support a manager. The managing director, Ian Ayre, will depart the club next summer having never had the trust of FSG or the ability to steer a club like Liverpool along the path to glory.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Jul 10, 2016 10:04:32 am
      Skip I think it is a good thing that Klopp is signed to the club till 2022,imagine the uproar when we win the league next season and JĆ¼rgen walked.I have strongly opposed some of Fenways ddecisions regarding L.F.C. but on this occasion I think they have got it 100% correct. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #50: Jul 10, 2016 10:08:07 am
      Don't really understand why it's been done now but not really too concerned either as I rate the manager very highly.

More shocked at reading 2022 -- can't believe we're nearly that far in the future.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #51: Jul 10, 2016 11:15:16 am
      Don't shoot the messenger .

I've posted how I fully support the decision for JĆ¼rgen's new contract as most do ....but this is put on here for Open Debate.

As Ian Hislop said this week.
      "The Brexiteers may have won but the Remainers should still be allowed the right of debate."

True : Thats why Parliament have a Government and  an Opposition

ā€œIt is not going too far to say the owners are infatuated with the manager.
      Being in love with the German is fine on the Kop; in the boardroom, itā€™s more dangerous.
      Liverpoolā€™s era of success was built on hard-eyed, sometimes brutal, footballing Darwinism.
      The new contract offer suggests accountability is no longer in vogue at Anfield.

ā€œIt is also a boneheaded business move.
      Klopp was already paid in the region of Ā£7 million per year and the earliest negotiations for an extension would have taken place at most clubs would be next summer, when the German had a year left on his contract plus the option of another 12 months.

That would have given the owners ā€“ and the manager ā€“ a chance to see whether there were real signs of progression and whether the honeymoon mood will continue.ā€

Essentially Evans is arguing that a new contract should have been awarded in 12 monthsā€™ time once weā€™d given Klopp the chance to work with a squad of his creation, following a full summer pre-season.

He cannot understand why following an eighth placed finish and two Cup Final defeats the decision to extend Kloppā€™s deal has already been made.

Does Tony Evans have a valid point ?

Asking the Question .
      (Now who do I sound like ?  ;D)

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2909245/liverpool-should-invest-more-in-the-club-than-JĆ¼rgen-klopp

Its entitled  Act Of Madness

Liverpool supporters have welcomed the news that Fenway Sports Group have extended JĆ¼rgen Klopp's contract. The American owners have been so impressed by the German's impact that, a mere 10 months into his tenure, they have locked him into the job until 2022. "Not to do so would be irresponsible," an FSG statement said.

It is an act of madness; far from being a positive development, it reflects the haphazard way Liverpool are being run.

Klopp was under contract until 2018, with the option to stay at Anfield another year.

The 49-year-old certainly transformed the mood around the club since he replaced Brendan Rodgers in October. He has a bouncy, upbeat personality and created a surge of optimism on the Kop. Perhaps his biggest impact, though, was across the Atlantic.

Little more than a year ago, FSG were talking about selling the club.
      The phrase "monetize the asset" had replaced "win the league," but Klopp reignited the owners' enthusiasm.

The Boston-based group have dismissed a number of recent approaches from potential investors with contempt.
      They have simply ignored any advances.

The problem is that FSG have no clear plan as to how to take the club forward apart from placing their trust in the manager.

The lack of strong leadership on Merseyside has been a feature of FSG's six years of ownership, a time in which the club have won just one trophy and qualified for the Champions League just once.

Wild mood swings have become a feature of life at Anfield: boundless optimism one week, angry negativity the next. Both of FSG's previous managerial appointments, Kenny Dalglish and Rodgers, were hailed as saviours and then sacked ignominiously amid rancour and derision from a hysterical support base.

In short, the problems run far deeper than the dugout.
      There is no infrastructure in place to support a manager. The managing director, Ian Ayre, will depart the club next summer having never had the trust of FSG or the ability to steer a club like Liverpool along the path to glory.

The timing maybe a little bit weird, which to me says more about the indecisiveness of FSG more than anything else. If Klopp joined last year and was given an initial contract until 2022 nobody would have batted an eyelid. It would have shown better leadership from above but that's about it.

The contract Evans talks about in isolation off the back of an eighth place finish and two cup final defeats though is right - under those sorts of disappointments, awarding a manager an extension is "madness" and it wouldn't usually be justified.

I think it highlights that FSG STILL haven't got the swing of this soccer malarky. That's all it shows IMO.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Jul 10, 2016 11:19:01 am
      Good old Tony that chip on his shoulder keeps getting bigger and bigger.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #53: Jul 10, 2016 11:38:46 am
      Good old Tony that chip on his shoulder keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Whats the chip over Dado?..not appointing Rafa again?.. I know Evans was no fan of Rodgers but none questioned him over this...
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #54: Jul 10, 2016 03:06:22 pm
      Whats the chip over Dado?..not appointing Rafa again?.. I know Evans was no fan of Rodgers but none questioned him over this...

Thought it was the club kind of pushed him to the side in regards to information and he is a bit on the outside compared to Pearce and few others.

Quick Reply