Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      15 (9.1%)
      Joel Matip
      28 (17%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      10 (6.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      97 (58.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      8 (4.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Voting closed: Sep 20, 2016 10:02:43 pm

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36398 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #437: Sep 16, 2016 10:04:19 pm
      Excellent 3 pts, great in the first half, solid in the 2nd, apart from letting 1 in. Delighted :)
      More impressed with Matip every time I see him, thought he was really good tonight. As was Lovren, who took his goal great. Clyne did well, Milner got bet by Willian a few times but battled well and got forward well too.
      Giji's best game for me, Lallana was tidy and ran socks off, but MOTM performance from Hendo, and what a goal.
      Studge was quiet, Cou did well, thought Mane was the pick of the front lads, unlucky Origi not to score with the header.

That's Arse and Chavs beaten away from home. Well done Jürgen. Well done lads!!!!! :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #438: Sep 16, 2016 10:04:25 pm
      First in to give Hendo MOTM  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #439: Sep 16, 2016 10:04:31 pm
      Quite like these Friday games.

On the whole - very good start to the season from Liverpool.

2 points a game is always decent - to do it including three trips to Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea and a home visit from the Champions is promising.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #440: Sep 16, 2016 10:04:55 pm
      So happy to be wrong. Worst Chelsea performance I've seen in years first half, and one of our best.

Passing the best I have seen in years. Gigi was exceptional tonight imo, all work off ball I noticed tonight.

But Hendos goal, gave me a a semi!!

Get in!!

Chelsea were still about 10 times better than they were in the corresponding fixture last year. That was the shittest I'd seen Chelsea play. Chelsea didn't play badly today, we just played brilliantly.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #441: Sep 16, 2016 10:06:31 pm
      Loving this Friday night sh*t haha
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #442: Sep 16, 2016 10:06:40 pm
      Grujic's face when Hendo scored  ;D

"Bollox I thought this lad was shi...t and I'd be in the team in no time"
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #443: Sep 16, 2016 10:06:49 pm
      Beating Chelsea is almost as satisfying as beating Man U... still it wasn't the 3-1 I predicted but 'll take 2-1 all day....Get in!!!

Haha I got a perfect in the predictions, 11 points from 2 games now gutted I only started last week
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #444: Sep 16, 2016 10:07:03 pm
      Picked 3-1 in the prediction league.

Wankers.

Tough sh*t Crouchie I went 2-1 and got 7pts  :f_tongueincheek:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #445: Sep 16, 2016 10:07:45 pm
      Fair play mate, it takes some balls to stand up and admit being wrong.
      Was a cracking goal by Henderson, BUT one goal no matter how good does not a player make...
      Remember this guy??...He wasn't that good either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ziuUzq-NPs

https://vine.co/v/egv0DKjnHKl
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #446: Sep 16, 2016 10:08:10 pm
      Great game.  Thought we'd be struggling when they scored, but we took it back and kept them out.
      That's a new character, a new dimension.

Who dares???

March on you mighty REDS!

;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #447: Sep 16, 2016 10:08:37 pm
      Klopp loves Hendo.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #448: Sep 16, 2016 10:08:41 pm
      Ratings:

Migs: I thought he looked shaky a couple of times and Klopp was rightly furious at some of his distribution but did come out and punch a couple of crackers. 6/10

Clyne: Better this game than last but that's because he had more defending to do, in attack he is still massively underwhelming but does occasionally hit a cracking ball in. 6.5/10

Matip: Despite not standing up better for their goal he was exceptional otherwise, awesome signing could easily become one of the top CBs in the league if not the best, really impressive. 8/10

Lovren: Got caught in midfield once early on but other than that had a brilliant game and finished a great chance with exceptional ease considering the difficulty. 8/10

Milner: Another truly impressive display at LB, really really encouraged by how he's played there the last twice. Was right up there for contender of MotM imo 8.5/10

Henderson: What can you say other than he looked like a true Liverpool Captain out there today. Led by example, looked like he meant business before the game and delivered almost flawlessly. Could have tracked Matip a bit better but that is a small criticism on his best performance in a red shirt in a long, long time and now that's 3 good performances on the bounce. Keep it up Hendo, massively impressed with that lad. 9/10

Wijnaldum: Another decent display by the lad, needs to just manage his passes a little better and we could have been in a few times. Love his late arrivals into the box though and doesn't mind putting himself around in the centre of the park. Looked like he might have been feeling the pace at the end of the game and justifiably so, we were all over Chelsea in there and it was something exceptional to say that Kante looked ordinary against our 3. 7.5/10

Lallana: I'm starting to love this lad in this position, aggression about his challenges, much less dithering on the ball and this is perhaps the player that people loved at the Saints because he was great again today. This is his natural position and I don't think anyone can budge him from it, well in Adam. 8/10

Coutinho: I didn't think he had the best game to be honest, great delivery for the goal but other than that I don't think he was involved enough and he looked visably disappointed coming off. I'd have Firmino back in his position without a shadow of doubt on their current form. 6/10

Mane: I love him, always happy to help out Clyne and bailed him out a couple of times with Hazard and he's always someone that people look to first to carry the ball. Outstanding player. 8/10

Sturridge: Wasn't impressed with him personally, thought he looked off the pace and especially so in the second half. Didn't look too disappointed to be subbed so wondering if there was a bit of a niggle or not?! 6/10

Origi: Should have scored clearly and this is the 2nd time he's come on and been quite underwhelming, I wonder how far Ings is off from challenging him for the spot on the bench because this was disappointing from the young lad. 5/10

Jürgen: Brilliant, got it spot on and in that first half we could have been more than just 2 up. Definitely managed the game really well once it went to 2-1 and we had it well seen out by the end. Really impressive Jürgen, well in fella! 8/10

Well in fellas, top performance that.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #449: Sep 16, 2016 10:09:00 pm
      Gave Hendo motm for that goal but Matip was incredible.

Fantastic result.

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #450: Sep 16, 2016 10:09:27 pm
      Grujic's face when Hendo scored  ;D

F***ing belter that looks like someone's shoved their thumb up his arse
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #451: Sep 16, 2016 10:09:42 pm
      I went for a draw today so I suppose a win is acceptable. :)

Some outstanding performances but going to give m.o.t.m. to Henderson. Great goal and as good a performance as any.

Mane's pace and work rate really has given us something extra this season.

Lallana worked his balls off.

Thought Sturridge, Coutinho and Origi weren't quite on their game but we won so who gives a sh*t.

Long way to go but things are really starting to look good for us.

Easy game next up Hull.... and the worrying starts again!!!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #452: Sep 16, 2016 10:09:45 pm
      Was a cracking goal by Henderson, BUT one goal no matter how good does not a player make...

Are you really comparing Jordan Henderson to Andrea Dossena?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #453: Sep 16, 2016 10:10:31 pm

Take a run and jump ya pr**k!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #454: Sep 16, 2016 10:11:03 pm
      That was a fantastic result,held our bottle and got 3 great points against a tw*t of club at Stamford bridge and  its shitty fans.
      Going to give matip my motm he was coolness personified and owned Costa all night.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #455: Sep 16, 2016 10:11:33 pm
      Grujic when Henderson scored ha ha! Think I did the same face

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #456: Sep 16, 2016 10:11:43 pm

Mate, come on now. Not the time for rubbish like this.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #457: Sep 16, 2016 10:12:41 pm
      Ratings:

Migs: I thought he looked shaky a couple of times and Klopp was rightly furious at some of his distribution but did come out and punch a couple of crackers. 6/10

Clyne: Better this game than last but that's because he had more defending to do, in attack he is still massively underwhelming but does occasionally hit a cracking ball in. 6.5/10

Matip: Despite not standing up better for their goal he was exceptional otherwise, awesome signing could easily become one of the top CBs in the league if not the best, really impressive. 8/10

Lovren: Got caught in midfield once early on but other than that had a brilliant game and finished a great chance with exceptional ease considering the difficulty. 8/10

Milner: Another truly impressive display at LB, really really encouraged by how he's played there the last twice. Was right up there for contender of MotM imo 8.5/10

Henderson: What can you say other than he looked like a true Liverpool Captain out there today. Led by example, looked like he meant business before the game and delivered almost flawlessly. Could have tracked Matip a bit better but that is a small criticism on his best performance in a red shirt in a long, long time and now that's 3 good performances on the bounce. Keep it up Hendo, massively impressed with that lad. 9/10

Wijnaldum: Another decent display by the lad, needs to just manage his passes a little better and we could have been in a few times. Love his late arrivals into the box though and doesn't mind putting himself around in the centre of the park. Looked like he might have been feeling the pace at the end of the game and justifiably so, we were all over Chelsea in there and it was something exceptional to say that Kante looked ordinary against our 3. 7.5/10

Lallana: I'm starting to love this lad in this position, aggression about his challenges, much less dithering on the ball and this is perhaps the player that people loved at the Saints because he was great again today. This is his natural position and I don't think anyone can budge him from it, well in Adam. 8/10

Coutinho: I didn't think he had the best game to be honest, great delivery for the goal but other than that I don't think he was involved enough and he looked visably disappointed coming off. I'd have Firmino back in his position without a shadow of doubt on their current form. 6/10

Mane: I love him, always happy to help out Clyne and bailed him out a couple of times with Hazard and he's always someone that people look to first to carry the ball. Outstanding player. 8/10

Sturridge: Wasn't impressed with him personally, thought he looked off the pace and especially so in the second half. Didn't look too disappointed to be subbed so wondering if there was a bit of a niggle or not?! 6/10

Origi: Should have scored clearly and this is the 2nd time he's come on and been quite underwhelming, I wonder how far Ings is off from challenging him for the spot on the bench because this was disappointing from the young lad. 5/10

Jürgen: Brilliant, got it spot on and in that first half we could have been more than just 2 up. Definitely managed the game really well once it went to 2-1 and we had it well seen out by the end. Really impressive Jürgen, well in fella! 8/10

Well in fellas, top performance that.

I agree, Origi wasn't great, but the lad needs games to get into a rhythm. That will come eventually, no worries.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #458: Sep 16, 2016 10:13:43 pm
      Hendo!My MOM two weeks on the trot...A great result and brag gin rights for me down here in the South.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #459: Sep 16, 2016 10:13:51 pm
      Grujic when Henderson scored ha ha! Think I did the same face

Should we be worried Klopp is posing like that and Buvac has his hand on the back of his kecks, whilst Grujic looks like he has just walked in and seen something he shouldn't have

Quick Reply