Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      15 (9.1%)
      Joel Matip
      28 (17%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      10 (6.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      97 (58.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      8 (4.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Voting closed: Sep 20, 2016 10:02:43 pm

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36155 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Sep 17, 2016 12:02:17 am
      Oh I certainly haven't gone and verified it mate :D I've taken him at his word, feel free to tell me if it's wrong.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/video-Jürgen-klopp-post-match-press-conference-chelsea-1-2-liverpool/

Interesting post match, would draw people's attention to Jürgen's answer after 6mins regarding Sturridge. I thought for sure there would be something noted about a niggle, to be subbed off after that short that wasn't down to 'match fitness' and Jürgen stating that 'he couldn't sprint' a bit of a dig there imo and with quite some justification.

I was only joking re Conte but interesting regarding Jurgens comments as I thought there was a few opportunities which not necessarily would gave created a goal but pressure from Studge could have caused a mistake in their box and no great surprise he got subbed.

Maybe its nothing!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #553: Sep 17, 2016 12:05:32 am

Hopefully, just something in the way he worded that said he wasn't best pleased to me.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #554: Sep 17, 2016 12:08:53 am
      "Liverpool on paper shouldn't be on our level. Bunch of workhorses, that's all they are. We have been asleep and let them dominate."  This statement from the "theshitend" oh sorry "theshedend' makes me laughed till I curled on the ground.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #555: Sep 17, 2016 12:11:52 am
      Great team performance.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #556: Sep 17, 2016 12:12:25 am
      Oh yeah and all those crying out for a proper DM did you see Kante  :lmao:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #557: Sep 17, 2016 12:18:39 am
      Interesting post match, would draw people's attention to Jürgen's answer after 6mins regarding Sturridge. I thought for sure there would be something noted about a niggle, to be subbed off after that short that wasn't down to 'match fitness' and Jürgen stating that 'he couldn't sprint' a bit of a dig there imo and with quite some justification

Yeah, I agree mate, it did seem a bit of a dig from Jürgen and as you say with some justification. Maybe he did a bit too much in the first half, because I thought Danny did more running than we usually see from him in the first half.

Just glad he's not injured anyway.

TBH I think Jürgen got it right again last night, although I wasn't quite so sure when Lucas gave away that freekick :)

I think he was right to point out that we shouldn't be conceding goals from counter attacks when we are winning 2-0 as well.   
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #558: Sep 17, 2016 12:28:12 am
      Yeah, I agree mate, it did seem a bit of a dig from Jürgen and as you say with some justification. Maybe he did a bit too much in the first half, because I thought Danny did more running than we usually see from him in the first half.

Just glad he's not injured anyway.

TBH I think Jürgen got it right again last night, although I wasn't quite so sure when Lucas gave away that freekick :)

I think he was right to point out that we shouldn't be conceding goals from counter attacks when we are winning 2-0 as well.   

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #559: Sep 17, 2016 12:31:18 am
      Those Juve home wins...............umh not sure if all legit?

Yeah probably all handed to them by the Italian referees.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #560: Sep 17, 2016 12:41:33 am
      Oh I certainly haven't gone and verified it mate :D I've taken him at his word, feel free to tell me if it's wrong.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/video-Jürgen-klopp-post-match-press-conference-chelsea-1-2-liverpool/

Interesting post match, would draw people's attention to Jürgen's answer after 6mins regarding Sturridge. I thought for sure there would be something noted about a niggle, to be subbed off after that short that wasn't down to 'match fitness' and Jürgen stating that 'he couldn't sprint' a bit of a dig there imo and with quite some justification.

The quickest way for a manager to lose the dressing room is start giving sly digs about his players to the press and media so I very much doubt it was anything but a factual statement and you're reading too much into it. He ran out of steam and was subbed, nothing more, nothing less. Remember, he's still playing catch up on a lot of the other players in terms of fitness.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #561: Sep 17, 2016 12:50:00 am
      10 points from likely the most difficult 5 game stretch any team will have this season.... and we should have won at the Lane.  That's an impressive start by any measure!! 

Great team performance with pretty much everyone doing the job expected of them.  Hendo was MOTM, but I'll throw a special shout out to Wijnaldum -- him and Hendo are forming a good partnership in the middle.  We look well balanced on both sides of the ball for the first time in ages!! 

Onwards and upwards!! 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #562: Sep 17, 2016 12:58:56 am
      F***ing get in there lads, what an enormous result that is!!!

Delighted with that team performance and so many strong players to mention. I thought Mane was absolutely exceptional tracking back, he was relentless. Milner was a contender for MotM, Matip and Lovren very, very good but MotM has to go to Hendo who was all over the place and scored a truly exceptional goal that is easily a contender for goal of the season.

That puts us right in the mix in my opinion, anyone who took the 11/1 beforehand will be very happy with their slips now.

Fantastic stuff lads, fantastic!

I totally agree with you Luke,the Henderson goal alone was worthy of man of the match.It was a cracker.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #563: Sep 17, 2016 01:28:35 am
      First time I've properly watched Chelsea and to be honest I was expecting A LOT more from them tonight. First part of that game when we rang rings around them it seemed that we were the home team and they were the away side, quite content to stop us from playing rather than play their own game. A lot of two banks of defence in that first quarter for sure but never was there a moment where I thought we weren't going to get a goal. There was an instinct and tempo about them that made us look unpredictable (in a good sense) when going forward.

That performance only confirms to me what we already suspected against Burnley. It was a month ago now and the idea of the Hendo, Lallana and Wijnaldum midfield combo in that match was absolutely slaughtered by all of us. Becomes more apparent that the three of them were still getting to know themselves and each other in that new look midfield. But now it's really starting to gel. Fast forward a month and we beat the defending champions and Conte's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. No offence to Burnley but if that game at Turf Moor was being played tomorrow we'd easily beat them like most teams will this season as Dyche has got them playing some fairly trite/relegation fodder stuff. If you don't believe me take a look at the same Chelsea side that played tonight who only went and beat them at a canter a few weeks back with the same attack that struggled tonight.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #564: Sep 17, 2016 01:29:41 am
      Oh yeah and all those crying out for a proper DM did you see Kante  :lmao:

One thing that makes me laugh with him is how sh*te he is at shooting yet he continues to try over and over and over again from long range :lmao:
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #565: Sep 17, 2016 02:22:01 am
      Great win at a tough place to go.  I think our tough start to the season was a benefit tonight as we looked sharper in the first half especially.

Despite some good individual performances again tonight, I am more happy with the fact we look like we are building a great team ethic. In the post match interviews I saw (and the same last week) the players are deflecting any personal praise and focusing on the team.  In particular I think we defended much better as a team.

Good way to start the weekend, and roll on Tuesday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #566: Sep 17, 2016 03:08:54 am
      Speaking of Tuesday, I wouldn't be bothered if Jürgen made 11 changes in the team for Derby County. We are off to a good start in the league and there enough players in the squad, even this reduced squad, that could benefit from a match just now. It would help ensure our first choice players at fresh for Hull City.

Tuesday he could go with: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Stewart, Can, Grujic, Ojo, Ings, Origi.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #567: Sep 17, 2016 04:29:56 am
      Jordan looked like a Liverpool captain tonight, grabbed it by the scruff of the neck never stopped cracking goal worthy MOM,cracking team performance . :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Mon The Reds
      YNWA 

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #568: Sep 17, 2016 04:45:06 am
      What a result that was. What a performance too. All eleven players were superb from start to finish. That puts us in an extremely strong position when you consider the opening fixtures we've had. Fantastic reds, well done.

Mignolet - did very little wrong apart from a couple of dodgy kicks.

Clyne - thought he had a brilliant game keeping the in form hazard reasonably quiet for 90 mins. Joined in going forward too.

Matip - for me he was motm, reminded me of Sami. Big, tall, strong, calm on the ball. Made Costa look like a little boy.

Lovren - good finish for the opening goal and defended well throughout.

Milner - can always rely on Milner in these type of games, gave it everything and I don't remember Willian touching the ball.

Henderson - last two games he has been excellent. His goal was something Stevie would be proud of it was a real beauty. Arguably motm.

Wijnaldum - I've been critical of his lfc career so far and I described him as a passenger recently but what a shift he put in tonight. Really played his part of that middle 3.

Lallana - has had a very strong start to the season and I thought tonight he was brilliant again. Like wijnaldum and Henderson, he worked his bollocks off and out ran the Chelsea midfield.

Mane - didn't see too much of him going forward tonight but he doesn't half help clyney out, he tracks back so well. Another good performance from him.

Coutinho - quality assist for lovrens goal and like the others, worked hard all night. Some nice neat 1-2 football making Chelsea look stupid at times.

Sturridge - I've seen a few people say he looked off the pace tonight but I disagree. I thought Daniel got behind the ball well and pressed the Chelsea back line when he needed too. He had a couple of half chances and on another day one of them would have gone in.

To summarise, a very good team performance and we basically worked harder than Chelsea and wanted it more than them. That's all we can ask from our lads and it's just a sweet bonus coming away with three points. It was thoroughly deserved.

Well done Jürgen, got it spot on, and well done all the lads.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #569: Sep 17, 2016 06:10:41 am
      There should be option team in voting pool for motm. The whole team was fantastic and it is hard to choose motm.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #570: Sep 17, 2016 06:26:14 am
      There should be option team in voting pool for motm. The whole team was fantastic and it is hard to choose motm.

I'd much rather we were having difficulty choosing MOTM than people comedically choosing the sub who has been on for a minute.

I voted for Lallana straight after full time but the forum, as it usually does, has gone for the right man.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #571: Sep 17, 2016 06:52:47 am
      She does my f**king head in! I have no idea what she's doing on a football programme. The only experience she has on TV is adding numbers up and even then she's annoying.

Rachel Riley?  Turn the sound off mate, she's boss then.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #572: Sep 17, 2016 07:02:09 am
      that first half was something else. 

2nd half was def a lot more nervy

super happy for hendo.  have always been a big fan and think he is much better than alot of ppl give him credit for
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #573: Sep 17, 2016 07:10:49 am
      I can't get over that first half last night. We absolutely dominated them start to finish and not a lot of teams are going to do that at Stamford Bridge this year (or any year).

They didn't have a sniff and we looked threatening every time we had the ball.

Really like where this team is headed!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #574: Sep 17, 2016 07:17:04 am
      Always good to get a fixture like this over with asap. Even better when there's no John Terry to face. What was all that about "it doesn't matter when you play the games"?

Great first half performance going forward. But the extent of the dropping off surprised me after half time. I did fear the worst after conceding, but the defence dealt with everything thrown at us. Bar one shot, they didn't get a sniff at an equaliser, although I found the last 10 minutes barely watchable.

Conte looked distraught at the end, having lost his first home game in almost 4 years. As for us, after all the years of pain and misfortune, it's 4 seasons since we last lost there. Now we have a platform to kick on and take advantage of the win, by going and taking the points from the next set of games. Last year we won, then threw it away by losing the following week. Take this result into Derby, Hull, and Swansea, and 3 wins would set us up nicely for The Classic after the break.

Quick Reply