Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Loris Karius
      2 (1.4%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      17 (12%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      40 (28.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      13 (9.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      57 (40.1%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2016 02:24:10 pm

Swansea City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24465 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Swansea City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Oct 01, 2016 02:49:44 pm
      Gone for Milner motm he had a good game and was coolness personified with the decisive pen that late in the game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #438: Oct 01, 2016 02:50:12 pm
      Phew!!!

Any idiot banging on about winning the league and all the rest of it, behave yourselves!

We might yet, but it is highly unlikely I think.

One game at a time, nice to go away with the win, but much to ponder after that one.

Karius not taking his chance, in my opinion his place is in doubt. Might just shade it on his superior footwork. Only just!

F***ing swivel will you. Idiot for banging on about winning the league? It's meant to be fun you know? Get on it instead of being a miserable arse. There were a few idiots banging on about Leicester winning the league last season.

Tell you what, though, there were some idiots chomping at the bit to knock the whole thing down a peg or two after eight minutes. The Hendo bashers especially. Some were even blaming MNF.

It was a collective poor first half showing that was rectified at half time.

Not sure about the keeper at this very early stage and the more I see Studge in a Klopp system the more I doubt he'll be here next season.

All in all I seen even more reason to believe we will win the league. I take the positive in that it did not go for us away from home in that first half one bit. We came out second half and got things done with a very good performance that was light years away from the first 45 - something that we haven't been doing the last few seasons.

Onwards and upwards.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #439: Oct 01, 2016 02:50:26 pm
      I would be forgiven for thinking Karius for a lamp post. Simple next game just put 2 players on the goal line. Sorted.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016 03:32:14 pm by redkop63 »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #440: Oct 01, 2016 02:52:27 pm
      Well Leicester did it

:couch:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #441: Oct 01, 2016 02:54:43 pm
      Don't think we win without Coutinho in the second half. Sensational turn around.

But my man Bobby comes up big AGAIN and wins it. My MOTM.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #442: Oct 01, 2016 02:55:14 pm
      Give Karius some time, he's new to the league and the Premier League is something completely different for goalkeepers compared to La Liga and the Bundesliga. De Gea was one of the biggest goalkeeping talents at Atletico before he went to the Mancs. He was sh*te in his first year too, he put on some muscle and started getting used to the Premier League. Now he's winning them games. There are plenty examples of good goalkeepers struggling at the start of their PL careers. Think this is only Karius' second game with this defence in front of him too, they need some time to gel. Oh and get rid off that fraud Achterberg, he's f**king useless.

Really happy how we fought back in that second half, I'm amazed as to how calm I was when we conceded, never had any doubts we would get back in the game. Though I was slightly worried when Lallana had to come off. You can see how important he is for us and our style of play.

Firmino and Milner a toss up for MOTM for me. Both were brilliant in that second half.

Onwards and upwards and another massive three points in the bag!

Was just gonna say something similar mate, well said!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #443: Oct 01, 2016 02:55:18 pm
      Goodison will be his next destination. Let's throw him there. :lmao:

Well at least Achterberg can comfort himself in finding his level there....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #444: Oct 01, 2016 02:55:53 pm
      Ok don't let me catch you celebrating if we win the league.  :f_tongueincheek:  :mad:  >:D

Mate of we do, we do  and nobody will be catching me cos i'll be on cloud 9. But i've done all that a few years ago and it all went to sh*t.

No doubt it's not impossible but I think i'd quite like to go about the season quietly rather than get swept up in another false dawn.

One game at a time, like it always should be. Keep getting the wins and we can think about it.

Right now I think we have an issue with Sturridge and a lack of top class quality to displace him. An injury to a full back away from being left short, and still left a huge question mark over our goalkeepers.

Stay humble, keep winning and build some pressure on teams around us.

The season has just started, we've had a good start and beat some good teams, but there is a long way to go and anything could happen yet. Seen better teams than us, with better starts than us fall from even a top 4 finish.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #445: Oct 01, 2016 02:56:43 pm
      Don't like Karius. His instincts are :roll: and he's too small (189cm to 193cm of Mignolet). Mignolet should continue to start, he's better than Karius now and that is what counts.

We didn't play our best today, but it was enough. We need to have more shots on target, but then Swansea looked really decent, esp. at the beginning.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #446: Oct 01, 2016 02:57:13 pm
      Nothing wrong with people wanting to cast their aspirations to the very top. That is what football is about. Much rather that than the constant moping and misery and SHEER cynicism that turned Anfield into a funeral parlour the last couple of years.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #447: Oct 01, 2016 02:57:45 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #448: Oct 01, 2016 02:58:38 pm
      Get in. Away from home, not the best first half, came from a goal down, 3 points.

Thats all we want( in terms of points), these type of performances are required to win the league. People have been saying that league winners usually win on their off day too, guess we did the same too. And oh yes, I'll say it, keep this form up, and we will win the F***ing league.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #449: Oct 01, 2016 02:58:44 pm
      F***ing swivel will you. Idiot for banging on about winning the league? It's meant to be fun you know? Get on it instead of being a miserable arse. There were a few idiots banging on about Leicester winning the league last season.

Tell you what, though, there were some idiots chomping at the bit to knock the whole thing down a peg or two after eight minutes. The Hendo bashers especially. Some were even blaming MNF.

It was a collective poor first half showing that was rectified at half time.

Not sure about the keeper at this very early stage and the more I see Studge in a Klopp system the more I doubt he'll be here next season.

All in all I seen even more reason to believe we will win the league. I take the positive in that it did not go for us away from home in that first half one bit. We came out second half and got things done with a very good performance that was light years away from the first 45 - something that we haven't been doing the last few seasons.

Onwards and upwards.

We're gonna win the league!!!

Nah mate, it's not that fun.

In fact it's an all round sh*t chant anyway.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #450: Oct 01, 2016 02:58:51 pm
      Great win, positives and negatives from the game, positives never seemed to give up thought Mane never stopped, but can't play like they did in the first half, and more worrying Swansea missed a couple of sitters, still the press goes on.......

The point is or rather the three points is how many games like today did we lose last season? Hopefully the tide is turning.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #451: Oct 01, 2016 02:59:08 pm
      Gone for Milner motm he had a good game and was coolness personified with the decisive pen that late in the game.

Milner is coolness personified and it is that game intelligence that is needed when scraping wins.

If everyone had the head he had, we'd win these games a lot more comfortably. Because of this, he's a real leader on the pitch - doesn't panic when things go wrong and just persists.

The strongest player in terms of mentality by a long long distance. That type of mentality is what won Man Utd so many league titles.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #452: Oct 01, 2016 03:01:02 pm
      Personally I'm going to love this Milner scoring penalties lark.

Can't wait to see the 'Penaltypool' moaning, that's a sure fire way to spot people who think we're a threat for once.

Moaning about all our penalties was when I realised 13/14 had people worried.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #453: Oct 01, 2016 03:02:16 pm
      Milner is our new Gerrard.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #454: Oct 01, 2016 03:02:20 pm
      We're gonna win the league!!!

Nah mate, it's not that fun.

In fact it's an all round sh*t chant anyway.

It's a bit better chant than my "we're going to have a title challenge" :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #455: Oct 01, 2016 03:02:54 pm
      Very poor first half from Reds. But  for me, the foul on Sturridge was same as what Hendo got booked for. Their goal also was fraction offside in build-up.

Good second half, not great but we got the result that we wanted. They were in the game till the last second but we got a little lucky today.

The most important thing that we came for in Wales, is with us on the coach, THREE POINTS :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #456: Oct 01, 2016 03:04:11 pm
      It's a bit better chant than my "we're going to have a title challenge" :)

'We're gonna look like F***ing mugs again if we sing we're gonna win the league all season and don't'
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #457: Oct 01, 2016 03:07:16 pm
      Nothing wrong with people wanting to cast their aspirations to the very top. That is what football is about. Much rather that than the constant moping and misery and SHEER cynicism that turned Anfield into a funeral parlour the last couple of years.

Agree.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #458: Oct 01, 2016 03:08:49 pm
      'We're gonna look like f**king mugs again if we sing we're gonna win the league all season and don't'

We could always play it safe with :-"we're going to finish higher than eighth this season"
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #459: Oct 01, 2016 03:10:41 pm
      Personally I'm going to love this Milner scoring penalties lark.

Can't wait to see the 'Penaltypool' moaning, that's a sure fire way to spot people who think we're a threat for once.

Moaning about all our penalties was when I realised 13/14 had people worried.

Haha, yeah.

In 2014/15, we didn't get many penalties because there was nobody ever in the box! Jürgen loves players charging in the box and if you're a threat there, you'll always increase your chances of getting penalties.

Quick Reply