Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37129 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Dec 04, 2016 10:56:28 pm
      We need a new GK, CB, LB, DLPM, Winger and a Striker if we sell Sturridge.

Holy sh*t!

You really do rate Sturridge! :D

Being serious though it seems the balance in our side is a delicate one. It's a relatively easy argument to suggest that today we were without our best attacker (Cou), best midfielder (Lallana) and best defender (Matip). Even with those out we went into a 3-1 lead, admittedly only against Bournemouth. The point being things weren't nearly as bad at that point to provoke reaction on here. Sure the final 15 - 20 minutes were horrific but I think things are getting a little extreme and over the top, when we start hearing "we're not contenders and at least we can stop talking about it now" etc.

Of course you don't ignore the last 15-20 minutes of the game, where some will rightly say that Lallana was back in, but not playing his midfield role. You can certainly analyse where things went wrong and for me we lost that game due to far too many individual battles being lost consecutively. All the goals have numerous errors from our players, where recently we've had the cover to pick up the pieces of an error but today we were more like dominoes, nobody there to stop the topple once it began. To fix the problem we may need to do what some of us have been discussing when these injuries starting piling up, we need a fresh look at what we can get out of the players who are now available and be a little flexible for a while until we get the lynchpins back. To me that suggests a move away from the 4-3-3 we've been playing. I don't think Origi is good enough up top on his own, he doesn't do nearly a good enough job at leading the press nor does he link the play as well as Bobby does up top. This is not excusing Bobby, who I thought had his worst game of the season for us, but what he does up top in our 4-3-3 is crucial and none of our other squad players are capable of that.

Also in midfield, without Lallana's creativity we look so sluggish and the only way we maintain the pressure on the opposition is to push onto them too far. We're recycling the ball from left to right almost endlessly and it becomes very stale. Yes we got 3 goals but the goals didn't really come from our ability to break them down it was a mistake by their keeper, a world from Can and again Mane's little nick which their keeper should have smothered.

It's a puzzle for Jürgen to solve, we will all have our own opinions about how we could best get the most from what's left and that's certainly a debate to be had but for me the most crucial thing is I want to see Jürgen switch it a little for the next game because a midfield of Wijnaldum/Henderson/Can just doesn't have enough in it on the standard of their play right now and keeping those 3 together in this system I think would be a big mistake.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #668: Dec 04, 2016 11:15:44 pm
      That second half was horrendous and only time will tell how much that result will harm us. I'm still in shock, I can't believe we lost that game.

The first half was arguably the best we've played all season, we were so dominant. I don't remember Bournemouth putting three passes together; we were all over them. That said, we weren't creating enough chances for the amount of possession we had. Certainly nothing clear cut anyway. But despite that, we were 2 nil up and simply cruising.

Milner made a shocking decision when giving the pen away. If that was Moreno we would be all over him. Milner is a very experienced player so what's he playing at there. Bournemouths player is taking the ball to the byline with none of his team mates in the box at all, we weren't in any danger, so there was no need for Milner to rush in and try and tackle him, just let him have the ball because he's going nowhere. F***ing stupid if you ask me.

We score a third and it's back to cruising. This is where I'm critical of klopp. Why not make a change or two and see the game out from there?

Bournemouth's second was a decent counter by them to be fair. We very rarely get open up like that but within 4 passes or so they went from their box to our box pretty much and scored from it. We still had a couple of chances to clear the ball when it was in our box which we didn't and then Karius should be stopping that shot, F***ing poor from him. Any decent goalie stops that. Cech, de gea, courtois etc all save that quite comfortably.

Their third goal was just more shambles. The ball comes into the box from a set piece which is cleared high into the air.  How the F**k does jack wilshere who is about 4ft 3 beat origi to the ball. Very sloppy from origi who took his eye off the ball clearly and let wilshere have it, that should have been headed clear or he should have put his body in between the ball and wilshere and held it up. Not good enough losing concentration at that moment in the game and in that area of the pitch. Couldn't do anything about the finish, great goal from their player to be fair.

Their fourth goal and ultimately the winner was so bad I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Their player who had the original shot at Karius was allowed all the time in the world, why the F**k wasn't he closed down?  Karius then has a shocker and spills it, Bournemouth follow up on the rebound and win the match. F***ing pathetic.

Very disappointed to lose that game. Do champions lose a game like that today? I'm not sure. I think top four is nailed on but based on today, our defence will cost us the title yet again.

The keeper isn't good enough whether it's mig or Karius, they are both championship standard. When matip doesn't play you can see how vulnerable we are at CB too, as soon as teams put a bit of pressure on us and lob the ball into the box we panic and we're all over the place.

I know klopp put on a smile for the cameras and was very complimentary of Bournemouth (nice touch by our manager I thought), I hope behind closed doors he's F***ing bollocked them for losing that. 

Very shitty day at the office today reds.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #669: Dec 04, 2016 11:19:33 pm
      only thing l would say lf Chelsea go 7 or 9 points clear of rest pack in new year their be hard stop,l feel like we got get least 12 points at best for month of December, we just have hope one teams like sunderland or crystal palace will beat Chelsea
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #670: Dec 04, 2016 11:23:20 pm
      As for goalies I quite like ones that save stuff. I think it's even more important than being able to pass it like Franz Beckenbauer. If Man City are mad enough to consider it (and apparently they were) we ought to IMHO buy Joe Hart in January. Get rid of Mings for whatever we can get for him, and have Karius as our learner under a proper goalkeeper.

Thought Bravo was crap for them vs Chelsea. Would they bring Hart back? Probably not. I'd have Hart ahead of either of what we have right now.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #671: Dec 04, 2016 11:26:08 pm
      Gutted.

Totally forgotten how it felt to lose. Throwing away a 1:3 lead to now lose at 4:3 to Bournemouth is just to hot to handle......too cold to hold.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #672: Dec 04, 2016 11:30:51 pm
      We've been great so far, and hope we can bounce back and get back up to the pace, but looking at injuries/options today, could be a tough ask. Could just be the disappointment talking though. Hope so.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #673: Dec 04, 2016 11:35:08 pm
      Quote from bazspeedman
      At least Klopp knows now that we are an average side if you take out Matip, Mane and Cou from the side.

We need some more quality in the squad. Hopefully we bring some in next month.

Like who?

We're not signing anyone in January, unless they're a bunch of Caulkers. You can forget about it.

We will see a quality goalkeeper next week. Sadly, he'll be playing for the opposition, and even though West Ham are crap in general, it'll take a lot of quality to put one, or more if needed, past him. He knocked us out of the cup last year, and neither Chelsea nor the mancs have won against him this year either. So it could be another long afternoon.

On today, I wouldn't blame Klopp. We sort of dozed off at 2-0 and played the game at walking pace. Picked it up a bit after the penalty and looked comfortable enough until the 75th minute. After that, all hell broke loose. That's the players fault. Still, if Origi keeps his shot down in injury time, we'd be praising the side's character to nick another late winner, wouldn't we?

Anyway, onto the cup draw. Get a home tie against a pub team and the only place you'll see it is if you actually show up. An away draw on a Exeter type ploughfield, means it's a banana skin job and resting players. Take your pick.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #674: Dec 05, 2016 12:10:10 am
      Matip is our MVP.
      Desperately missed today.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #675: Dec 05, 2016 12:56:55 am
      What a gutting day that turned out to be.

I thought we were going to cruise this as we totally dominated the first 25 mins and pinned Bournemouth back. Then, for the first time I can really recall, we took our foot off the pedal and dropped back into second gear.

Where did the relentless energy and intensity go once we we 2-0 up?

We allowed Bournemouth back into the game. I can see there are already excuses of how this squad were missing key players. However, the team managed to boss Bournemouth completely and go 2-0 up, the evidence was already there that the players could do it and the team should have carried on in that vein - they proved even without the likes of Lallana, Matip and Coutinho that they could rush Bournemouth.

And our unconvincing keeper today showed just how hopeless he was. He cannot catch/smoother a shot. There was an incident in the first half where their wide man crossed a ball in, Kairus just had to smoother it, instead it rebounds off him, hits Lovren and agonsingly goes just wide for a corner.

Then, in the second half, he had his first tester of the day tried to catch the ball which was pretty much directed at him but butter fingers, fortunately for him, does enough with it to see it deflect luckily over the bar for a corner.

Their second effort from the kid Fraser was literally under him, it wasn't out of his reach and for someone like Mignolet that shot would have been bread and butter - truly awful keeping. Karius should have saved that!

And the final goal, another rebound where Karius fails again to collect a shot and spills it out to their player.

Awful goal keeping today, coupled with the fact we took our foot off the pedal as a team & allowed Bournemouth to have a go at our defense and unconvincing keeper.

Klopp must be fuming with that.

I've said now for a couple weeks we look to have gone off the boil somewhat, what with ultra-defensive teams playing us. Bournemouth was the perfect game for us to slot back into our groove but our dip in form and willingness to allow our opponents back into the game compouned recent worring signs. Gutted.

We've got to dust ourselves down and ensure that we can somehow pick up our early season form again - because at the moment we're drifting.

Shocking result, tha
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,606 posts | 751 
      Reply #676: Dec 05, 2016 02:32:42 am
      I don't want to overreact, but also... WTF WAS THAT!
      Why do we always do this against these kinds of teams!!!???  :mad: :mad:

OK.
      Mini Rant over.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #677: Dec 05, 2016 02:32:58 am
      At least now people will stop pretending we are title contenders  :roll:

That was a typical Liverpool result.

I thought the 6-1 drubbing of Watford was a more typical Liverpool result for us this season,  but hey ho, I suppose it depends on how you support your club!!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #678: Dec 05, 2016 03:00:17 am
      Some Dortmund fans told me: Now you know how that feels... ;).
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #679: Dec 05, 2016 03:21:06 am
      If you don't want to read another long post, just skip right to the end.

So why is it that when we're on a fifteen game unbeaten streak, we barely manage an average of 15 pages on the live match threads and when we lose one game, everyone loses their mind and suddenly the forum comes back to life? Is it so much easier being a negative f**k and sh*t on everything rather than being positive and praise the performances we've had the past few months? We've got more pages filled with people shitting on our manager and players on this thread alone than we have pages in a match thread when we win a game. Even the player threads section has suddenly come back to life!

Now don't get me wrong, you can criticise the manager and the players. The players did f**k up big time in those last fifteen minutes. I think they just collectively decided to unplug their brains. God knows what was going through their heads then and there. But some of the overreacting here is just laughable and most of the negative posts are by people who only post when there's something negative to say. You'd think we just got relegated and our team isn't any better than Sunderland's.

Even without three of our best performing players this season, we were absolutely brilliant in that first half. We started a tad slow in the second, conceded a stupid penalty (no idea what Milner was thinking there, Fraser was going nowhere and Lucas was there to cover), but got straight back to it and made it 1-3. Then the lights went out and well... They didn't go back on unfortunately. It wasn't even a collective offday or whatever, it was fifteen minutes of madness and credit to Bournemouth, most teams would've given up when our third went in.

How anyone can say we're no title contenders anymore after this, is beyond me. We're only four points behind the leaders, who still have to come to Anfield. City are without Aguero and Fernandinho for a month, two of their best players. Arsenal is Arsenal and Spurs aren't a threat. Chelsea, as is inevitable in the Premier League, will drop stupid points too. We're as much in the title race as we were before this game, we just took a small hit. No big deal. We're only 14 games into the season, there are still 24 to go.

I also think the no squad depth and having to buy another five players argument is bollocks. We we're missing four of our seven attacking players today, not even counting Firmino who, as Klopp said in his pre-match press conference, wasn't 100% fit and not being played in his best position. How often does that really happen? We do have a strong bench when (almost) everyone is fit. People wanting a replacement for when Mane goes to the ACON. What happens to said replacement when he returns? We would have: Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Origi, Sturridge, Mane, Ings (or are we writing him off already?), Mane Replacement and not forgetting the younger lads like Ojo, Woodburn, Ejaria, Wilson, ... How are they going to get any chances if we bring in even more attacking players? Mane isn't gone for a year, he's gone for a month. And while he does offer something that few or none of our other players have, Klopp and his team are smart enough to make slight changes to our system to fit in someone else.

The only thing I do agree with regarding squad depth / bringing in players this winter, is a new CB. It can't be that our defence completely falls to pieces when we're missing Matip, though that really is a big compliment to him as he has been amazing so far. This team is nowhere near the finished article and look at how good we are already.

On to West Ham next weekend and luckily for us, their defence is even worse than our's apparently is  :f_tongueincheek:.

So calm your tits for God's sake. It's one loss after an almost four month unbeaten streak. We go again!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #680: Dec 05, 2016 03:34:17 am

That's just knee-jerk stuff that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #681: Dec 05, 2016 06:29:06 am

One bad result is not the end of the world,we can and will bounce back from this defeat.By the way that was not a typical result,at least not this season.It is too early to start throwing in the white flag,next April/May will be the time to do that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #682: Dec 05, 2016 07:22:11 am
      I was on a weekend break with no internet or tv. F**k what happened ??? We were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go. sh*t!
      Kopite78
      Reply #683: Dec 05, 2016 07:30:19 am
      That sh*t Monday morning feeling when that gutting feeling of defeat in your stomach when you wake up

Oh yeah that did happen yesterday...

Feels a long time til the west ham game currently
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #684: Dec 05, 2016 08:19:23 am
      Look that was f**king awful, we were pretty sh*te all game truth be told but that's football, you win, you lose.... If it was predictable then it wouldn't be what it is

They aren't a good side, they didn't really put us under an amount of pressure that should have led to that, we were laxidaical for the best part and brought it on ourselves and ultimately two keeper errors and that approach at 2-0 and 3-1 cost us

But f**k me look at the bigger picture, look at the strides being made from bar one season in the last 7 where we have finished 6th-8th... we have made giant strides and we have had one bad f**king awful afternoon and some of the posts on here are well you should be ashamed of them.... suck it the f**k up, you can lose games, it's about the response now... we are in this title race when most of us and most of the media never thought we would be, Chelsea are having an unbelievable run currently but that won't last forever, and truth be told they have a more experienced squad than we do

Its a bad day but let's please look at the bigger picture than hang them out to dry, some reactions on here would make you think we were battling relegation not lost our first game since August

Nail hit and head,

The doommongers are taking over the asylum,  our second REPEAT second only defeat of the season and according to window lickers amongst us are virtually calling for Norberts bonce,

Give yer heids a wobble ffs, yes we threw away a two goal lead Twice and some of our overpaid ego warriors were far from the maddening crowd,

We see this almost every season,  throughout any campaign we will come across bumps in the road,  some are like potholes some are like speedbumps,

We're 3 pts off the top,  ask yourself if at the start of the season where you expected us to be, then think about the sh*te coming out of yer gobs?

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #685: Dec 05, 2016 08:45:56 am
      I think that we lost this game due to leadership in midfield. Who is the boss on the field? No one. If Lucas was in midfield, we would have had better control. At the start of the season I did not like the Lallana-Wijnaldum-Hendo trio. None of them is a leader, all of them are technically good but they don't take responsibilities unlike Lucas or Gerrard. Lucas although he is a limited midfielder, does the job well and knows how to manage difficult situations. Yesterday, we lacked leadership in midfield. I think a good DM/CM is need in this team. We cannot rely on Can, Hendo or Wijnaldum to lead this midfield.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6774 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #686: Dec 05, 2016 08:58:52 am
      F***ing hell that was F***ing unbearable to watch.

As soon as I saw Matip not in the squad, I sh*t myself.

We go up 2-0 and I'm in dreamland again.

Conceded that penalty and I started biting my nails, got the 3rd and nearly torched the joint inside my house.

The rest was a F***ing nightmare. The lads thought the game was done and dusted.

Still can't believe what I witnessed and as much as the Players have to have a good hard look at themselves, Klopp needed to make some changes and the most important one was to get Klavan on at 3-1 to make sure that sh*t didn't happen.

Look out West Ham, we are going to be one angry mob at Anfield baying for your Blood.

Absolutely shattered and distraught by that result last night.

Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #687: Dec 05, 2016 09:11:19 am
      Well played Bournemouth. They could easily have given up after 3-1, but in fairness throughout the match they provided some sort of threat to us. What happened in the last 15mins was simply a shambles. Similar to the Burnley loss, it happened and its out of the way, so now i trust the lads will be determined to go on another unbeaten run and produce better to show that they have learned from this.
      Onward and upward!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #688: Dec 05, 2016 09:13:44 am
      F***ing hell that was f**king unbearable to watch.

As soon as I saw Matip not in the squad, I sh*t myself.

We go up 2-0 and I'm in dreamland again.

Conceded that penalty and I started biting my nails, got the 3rd and nearly torched the joint inside my house.

The rest was a f**king nightmare. The lads thought the game was done and dusted.

Still can't believe what I witnessed and as much as the Players have to have a good hard look at themselves, Klopp needed to make some changes and the most important one was to get Klavan on at 3-1 to make sure that sh*t didn't happen.

Look out West Ham, we are going to be one angry mob at Anfield baying for your Blood.

Absolutely shattered and distraught by that result last night.

I found this weird, I really did. I'd expect to see us go 2-0 up under any other manager and then slam back down into second gear and play within ourselves.

I haven't seen us really do this under Klopp, we're pretty relentless and intense and usually put teams to the sword. But yesterday, it was odd. We went 2 up and stopped doing everything good that we had been doing to get us to that point.

You could see the players sitting back being conservative, until they scored the pen that is and we woke up for a minute and got back into 4th gear with Can's lovely strike. As soon as we did this we shifted back down into second again and then capitulated.

Our best form of defense is attack, and when we're not putting teams under the kosh we allow them to exploit our weaknesses - one being our keeper yesterday who I thought was awful.

I have no idea why Lucas started ahead of Klavan (who I think has always looked quite decent at the back), but at 2-0 up the choice of these two didn't matter. It was when we (as a team) took our foot right off the pedal that all merry hell broke lose.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,780 posts | 891 
      Reply #689: Dec 05, 2016 09:14:51 am
      Don't get why everyone is so defensive. Can't take criticism of the team eh? Let's get back to reality. That was an awful performance, and Karius has to face the blame with 4 goals conceded and one blatantly obviously his own doing.

Is Karius so protected because he was a major Klopp signing? Dumbfounded over the protective bubble he's been put in. If Mignolet was playing today he would have been burned at the stake!  :f_tongueincheek:

As for the typical Liverpool result.. that was typical. Play well, dominate, win games, then mess it all up with a poor performance (and loss) against a rubbish team. That is typical Liverpool. Done it many times before, and that's what continually costs us the title. We did it with Chelsea and Crystal Palace in 13/14.

Quick Reply