Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Plymouth?

Loris Karius
      4 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (8.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      14 (16.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (4.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      Kevin Stewart
      23 (26.7%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.3%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      2 (2.3%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      1 (1.2%)
      Ben Woodburn
      17 (19.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2017 03:29:17 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30160 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Jan 08, 2017 06:09:07 pm
      It's a new weed called metro.co.uk  :D
      I think it is probably old data, something like 2003-2013 maybe, but 2007-2017 I am not so sure our netspend has been bigger. Do you have a recent article?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #300: Jan 08, 2017 06:45:27 pm
      Argyle in style ! Well f**k my f***in luck that says it all, from a commentator supposedly neutral,
      Even if your not a fan of the beautiful game that was absolutely f***in sh*te, how the f**k can PAFC call themselves a 'Football' team after that pathetic excuse of a display, that has to be the best non-football exhibition I've ever seen,
      How can they be given all this f***in praise for not playing football, is this what we have been reduced to?

It's not fantastic, it's not remarkable. It's not football.

RANT OVER !

Now let's take a look at what went down here, Jürgen's decision didn't really work, but then again it probably did, coz we're still in this tie, 10 changes were made albeit with added strength second half, it would of course been perfect had we won today, nothing would have benn said and no one would have moaned , accept Macca of course,

Those kids played a well oiled second division side who had to park the f***in bus for over a hour, those kids play mostly in the U23 league, they do not deserve the criticism they will undoubtedly get from the usual suspects when we don't win, this was remember a great learning curve for those lads,

I'm not going to have a dig at any player in red today, it was down to inexperience at the end of the day, but like I said we're still in this tie and still believe we will prevail. Albeit with a extra game,

Argyle defended, stopped us playing and got a replay, that's good for them  financially but, don't ask me to praise them for their lack of bollocks to come out and actually play the game their under achieving players get paid for.

YNWA

Yeah, when all is said and done, this is a great post.

Pretty awful how some are coming to the conclusion that the kids aren't good enough and that we need to go out and splurge £100 million on subs. Typical petty armchair supporting reactive BULLSHIT.

Jürgen himself is realistic of these youngsters too - he's not thinking that 'oh well, looks like they're sh*te' and give up on them (like every dunderheaded tactical dinosaur in England). In fact, he said in interviews with Jonathan Northcroft today that talented kids of 17-19 years old who have bags of talent will go through games being ineffective. It's all part of development. The lads didn't shame themselves in anyway - I even thought Woodburn showed bright spells more so than seniors like Origi and Can today.

Remember the old adage Shankly said - "The two best teams in Liverpool are Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." This is what we must aspire to. Lets remember that in our golden age, Shanks and Paisley's greatness was built upon a wealth of talent in the reserves and youth. Klopp desires the absolute same - he's not going to rest until he sees this club developing its own substantial talent, with the ability to call upon a depth and breadth that has been sorely lacking in the last 20 odd years. And he is confident he has the raw talent there, a belief shared by the immensely talented Linjders and Inglethorpe.

It's about time we had a manager who put faith in the youngsters. This is only the beginning for many of these lads. If any of you so called Liverpool 'supporters' think this marks the end of their hopes and dreams, then you have no idea about what this club is about.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #301: Jan 08, 2017 06:48:01 pm
      Not often  Klopp makes a big mistake like he did today. I can understand playing so many reserve players in the League Cup but not the FA Cup.  Obviously he's only thinking one thing this year (( Premiership )) 

Obviously as a Man Utd fan you're going to look for every opportunity to slate Klopp. Nice to have a manager who can develop youth though and give them a chance, as opposed to destroying young talents......
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #302: Jan 08, 2017 06:49:16 pm
      What the f***in hell are you smoking???

Like all plastic United fans, he gets his football knowledge from The Lad Bible.

Probably shouts things like 'yeeah bwoii, that waz PROPPER TEKKERS MAN!' every time product placement Pogba appears on the screen.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #303: Jan 08, 2017 07:36:12 pm
      It never fails to amuse me that people accuse others of "over reacting" then completely go and over react themselves to what everyone is saying. I haven't really seen anybody slagging Jürgen off for selecting the team he picked, nor have I seen anybody writing all the kids off as being sh!te either. What I have seen and what I have said myself is that the game showed fairly clearly that although the youngsters are a talented bunch, they are still some way short of being good enough for the first team.

Also, I must confess to being a little disappointed in the "fringe" players in that not one of them grabbed the opportunity by the bollocks and said to Jürgen "you really ought to be picking me regularly boss". You could argue in the case of Can and Origi that they managed to achieve the opposite, while Moreno must surely have convinced Jürgen once and for all that he simply isn't good enough. Karius I've got sympathy for, because aside from doing some funky keepy uppies in our box or going up for a corner and heading one in, there wasn't much he could do to impress under the circumstances.

Out of the youngsters Woodburn possesses obvious ability and has a chance, ditto Ejera. My guess is TAA will make a living at the game, while Gomez could end up being anything. I'm unconvinced by Ojo at this stage, but aside from cameos from the bench none of them are anywhere near good enough at this stage for me. Am I being harsh? perhaps, but also honest.

As for the "lets go and spend 100 million quid on bench warmers" line, well we are at some point going to have to address the need to still have a competitive team even if our first choice eleven isn't out there. That is obviously if we're serious about challenging for the league and stuff in the short term, if we aren't and we're prepared to wait for a few seasons until these lads either get good enough or don't, then there's no problem.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #304: Jan 08, 2017 07:42:34 pm
      It never fails to amuse me that people accuse others of "over reacting" then completely go and over react themselves to what everyone is saying. I haven't really seen anybody slagging Jürgen off for selecting the team he picked, nor have I seen anybody writing all the kids off as being sh!te either. What I have seen and what I have said myself is that the game showed fairly clearly that although the youngsters are a talented bunch, they are still some way short of being good enough for the first team.

Also, I must confess to being a little disappointed in the "fringe" players in that not one of them grabbed the opportunity by the bollocks and said to Jürgen "you really ought to be picking me regularly boss". You could argue in the case of Can and Origi that they managed to achieve the opposite, while Moreno must surely have convinced Jürgen once and for all that he simply isn't good enough. Karius I've got sympathy for, because aside from doing some funky keepy uppies in our box or going up for a corner and heading one in, there wasn't much he could do to impress under the circumstances.

Out of the youngsters Woodburn possesses obvious ability and has a chance, ditto Ejera. My guess is TAA will make a living at the game, while Gomez could end up being anything. I'm unconvinced by Ojo at this stage, but aside from cameos from the bench none of them are anywhere near good enough at this stage for me. Am I being harsh? perhaps, but also honest.

As for the "lets go and spend 100 million quid on bench warmers" line, well we are at some point going to have to address the need to still have a competitive team even if our first choice eleven isn't out there. That is obviously if we're serious about challenging for the league and stuff in the short term, if we aren't and we're prepared to wait for a few seasons until these lads either get good enough or don't, then there's no problem.

100% agree BigMick, if that is the best we have in reserve then we have a major problem going forwards because Plymouth really aren't that good, our reserves should be beating teams like that week in week out irrespective of how many they put in defence. 4 shots on target when we had 80% possession is fecking terrible as is having 18 corners and not troubling the goalie once.
      Having said all that we have a replay in which I would play exactly the same team with the exception of Moreno, who I can see no use for, surely there must be some youngster who can play LB in the reserves, if we lose it will be because we fecked up today but I actually fancy the same team to play a lot better and win.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #305: Jan 08, 2017 07:52:30 pm
      Although it's a game we could have done without but I would play the youngsters again for the replay.

Youngsters mostly did ok just lacked a bit of killer instinct, maybe if the early Ojo chance had gone in they may have wanted to come out and play.
      Spurs finding it equally difficult against a 6 man back line from Villa.

Only dissapointing bit of the game was the stupid lofted crosses.
      Think the only things we lack was real movement in the final third and quality passing
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #306: Jan 08, 2017 07:53:29 pm
      100% agree BigMick, if that is the best we have in reserve then we have a major problem going forwards because Plymouth really aren't that good, our reserves should be beating teams like that week in week out irrespective of how many they put in defence. 4 shots on target when we had 80% possession is fecking terrible as is having 18 corners and not troubling the goalie once.
      Having said all that we have a replay in which I would play exactly the same team with the exception of Moreno, who I can see no use for, surely there must be some youngster who can play LB in the reserves, if we lose it will be because we fecked up today but I actually fancy the same team to play a lot better and win.

Playing the same team (or even younger/"weaker") is an absolute given. We simply cannot afford to have our first team players embroiled in a dog fight on a likely cabbage patch of a pitch at this stage of the season, if it were a choice of fielding a full strength team and winning or a reserve team and losing my guess is we'd go for the latter. I suppose much will depend on the draw for the next round. If we get a 4th round tie of Sutton Utd at Anfield then obviously we'd be more likely to play a strongish team down in Plymouth. Get Man City away and I think I might as well give Jürgen a ring myself see if I can get a game.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #307: Jan 08, 2017 07:56:25 pm

Spot on Mick, don't recall anyone writing anyone off, but some will put 2 and 2 together and get 75.
      The comments were on today's game (it's in the subject) which had the pace of a training match against a side a few divisions below, where players who should be knocking on the door had a chance to show what they could do, and it turned out flat across the board. It happens.
      We're still in Cup competitions so they'll get to go again, and hopefully we can progress and some can also make a real push for a PL first XI spot, which is what we need these guys to be doing.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #308: Jan 08, 2017 07:56:25 pm
      ENOUGH WITH THE BUS it can't be both!
      24 hour tube strike here in the smoke, could do with more buses  :f_tongueincheek:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #309: Jan 08, 2017 08:06:21 pm
      I think it is probably old data, something like 2003-2013 maybe, but 2007-2017 I am not so sure our netspend has been bigger. Do you have a recent article?

I have the article but wouldn't be right posting it on this thread out of respect for others. Will send it you via pm.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #310: Jan 08, 2017 08:11:02 pm
      I have the article but wouldn't be right posting it on this thread out of respect for others. Will send it you via pm.

Keith with the greatest respect, who gives a flying f***? Equally, when we talk of "spend" we really ought to include ALL of our "spend" ie wages and the like. This is particularly the case when it is possible to sign players such as Ibrhamovic or whatever the f*** his name is for "free" as long as you can pay him 15 million quid a year in wages or whatever he's on.

But anyway I have two questions.

1. Who gives a flying f*** on a Liverpool forum how much we have spent in comparison to the Mancs?

2. What the f*** are you doing wasting YOUR time and ours posting on a Liverpool forum given you support Man U?   
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #311: Jan 08, 2017 08:14:34 pm
      Obviously as a Man Utd fan you're going to look for every opportunity to slate Klopp. Nice to have a manager who can develop youth though and give them a chance, as opposed to destroying young talents......

No... Your wrong. Love the guy and have  said it on me many occasions. I just believe it was a mistake. Nothing's sinister as I'm certainly no WUM.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #312: Jan 08, 2017 08:41:38 pm
      No... Your wrong. Love the guy and have  said it on me many occasions. I just believe it was a mistake. Nothing's sinister as I'm certainly no WUM.

But you're a F***ing gimp.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #313: Jan 08, 2017 08:57:49 pm
      Couldn't watch the game.. load of buses in the way. Couldn't see a thing ! :D

Seriously tho, what a boring game..
      who'd have thought that was gonna happen.

Thought the players just simply ran out of patience and ideas.
      Not quick enough on the break either..allowing them to close ranks and defend en mass, right through the game.
      and
      I can see them playing exactly the same way at home..
      This could end up on penalties if we're not careful.

Moreno needs to practice taking corners...think we had 18 corners and he took pretty much every one.

Thought Gomez was brilliant and gave him my MOTM..

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #314: Jan 08, 2017 09:05:47 pm
      I have  not seen the match so no comment on the result from me,what I will say though is give the lads a chance to redeem themselves before writing them off.I am sure they will go all out and show the true division between us and Plymouth Argyle in the return match.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #315: Jan 08, 2017 09:09:38 pm

I can except that  :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #316: Jan 08, 2017 09:27:31 pm
      This happens. Put 3 or 4 talented players in the first team and they shine. Field 8 or 9 and they lack direction on the pitch.

It was well worth a try trying to blag our way through the tie and really it should be within our lads capabilities bit hey ho, it just didn't happen today.

Think in the replay it will be a prwtty similar team, but with a couple more senior players and that should see us over the line.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #317: Jan 08, 2017 09:30:21 pm
      For me other game for kids and players can't get into first team other game in fa cup lf we win all good lf lose we less games worry about get top 4 or try win league
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #318: Jan 08, 2017 09:39:09 pm

But anyway I have two questions.

1. Who gives a flying f*** on a Liverpool forum how much we have spent in comparison to the Mancs?

2. What the f*** are you doing wasting YOUR time and ours posting on a Liverpool forum given you support Man U?   
      1.. No one which is why i didn't post it.

2... Said time and time again it's a good forum too read.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #319: Jan 08, 2017 10:04:07 pm
      I'm not sure what that was all about today ?

A training session ?

A Ressies run out ?

Their boss is crowing about their defensive masterclass.

Now we have a long journey and an extra game we didn't need .

However as Jürgen says he gets to see Plymouth  ( I once lived there at West Hoe)  so Alles Gute .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #320: Jan 08, 2017 10:07:00 pm
      Keith with the greatest respect, who gives a flying f***?

Its OK Mick  ...  Keith is harmless and is always respectful .

He does'nt half take some hits off us.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #321: Jan 08, 2017 10:12:17 pm
      Yep, agree regarding Stewart and Woodburn - for someone valued at 10mill or whatever, thought Stewart contributed very little, and while Woodburn wasn't outstanding, he had some good moments and looked our best option to create something.

What do people expect from a CB/RB now playing as a DM? He's not exactly going to contribute a lot to the attack is he? Common sense must surely be used here.

Quick Reply