Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)

Read 83579 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)
      Reply #575: Jun 20, 2017 12:15:06 pm
      F**k me if we gotta piss about like this with a virtually unproven winger, what f**king chance have we got in going for what we are crying out for in a proven, game-saving striker.
      For that matter a sh*t hot defender or an Alonso type middle man?

F**k this 'wait and see' FSG placation, 8 f**king years of placation and we're still hoping beyond hope.

He's an excellent player Stuey, but I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #576: Jun 20, 2017 12:28:29 pm

Waiting for half of Liverpools cabbies claim to have picked him up
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #577: Jun 20, 2017 12:29:21 pm

Knowing him his arse will literally fall off
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 491 
      Reply #578: Jun 20, 2017 12:42:07 pm
      F**k me if we gotta piss about like this with a virtually unproven winger, what f**king chance have we got in going for what we are crying out for in a proven, game-saving striker.
      For that matter a sh*t hot defender or an Alonso type middle man?

F**k this 'wait and see' FSG placation, 8 f**king years of placation and we're still hoping beyond hope.
      F**k patience eh? Windows's virtually closed it seems.  :roll:

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #579: Jun 20, 2017 12:42:46 pm
      Nonetheless, this guy should not represent the pinicle of this Summer's business.

Agree.  Not the standout player I would have thought to push us on to glory but hopefully the start of a busy summer for us.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #580: Jun 20, 2017 01:07:18 pm
      There's a stigma attached to the fact he's perceived to have failed at Chelsea. Nonetheless, this guy should not represent the pinicle of this Summer's business. We've yet to see us get a deal over the line for a player other clubs were interested in.

To be fair, City bought Silva early on....was anyone else in for him? Not every player is going to have a queue of teams lined up to sign them, and the ones that are...well we know how that works for us. I'm happy if Klopp gets to buy the players he wants, especially when we can see with our own eyes that they'll likely contribute right away like Salah. I agree, this better be just a start and we definitely need to be looking at his caliber or preferably above for the rest of our dealings.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #581: Jun 20, 2017 01:08:53 pm
      Who the hell is this guy?

Gianluca Di Marzio‏Verified account @DiMarzio
      #Salah from @OfficialASRoma to @LFC, deal done @22mosalah @SkySport

I'll believe it when I see the lean.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #582: Jun 20, 2017 01:17:48 pm
      Bet every cent I have Bobby plays every game he's fit and able.

Absolutely think the same Crouchy. I would like us to improve our options from the bench though, a barely fit Sturridge and an ineffectual Origi just don't carry their own weight whatsoever.

Now we can keep our fingers crossed that Sturridge regains fitness, but with his track record that would be foolish. We could hope that Origi kicks on but for me he's regressing rather than progressing so i'd definitely like to see one more come in. Some would suggest Ings, but again how can we rely on a guy coming back from virtually 2 full seasons out and Solanke, while looking very promising indeed is at an age where you'd have to worry.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #583: Jun 20, 2017 01:18:25 pm
      Who the hell is this guy?

Gianluca Di Marzio‏Verified account @DiMarzio
      #Salah from @OfficialASRoma to @LFC, deal done @22mosalah @SkySport

I'll believe it when I see the lean.

Sky Italy journo.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #584: Jun 20, 2017 01:25:39 pm
      On this one it seems to be reported in an awful lot of credible sources that it's done.

Jürgen getting clearly what was one of his top targets, happy with that. Now get VVD plus Keita and it really would be funny in the transfer thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #585: Jun 20, 2017 01:41:09 pm
      On this one it seems to be reported in an awful lot of credible sources that it's done.

Jürgen getting clearly what was one of his top targets, happy with that. Now get VVD plus Keita and it really would be funny in the transfer thread.

If he got VVD and Keita as well, I'd be pretty well happy with this window. But forgive me if I withhold dining on any crow just yet ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #586: Jun 20, 2017 01:50:44 pm
      If he does arrive does he take Phil's spot on the left and shift Phil to the middle? Or Mane on the left and Salah on the right both cutting in?

We have two sh*te fullbacks behind them if they were to play on their opposite wings.

Having a left footer would immediately give us many more options.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #587: Jun 20, 2017 01:56:42 pm
      If he does arrive does he take Phil's spot on the left and shift Phil to the middle? Or Mane on the left and Salah on the right both cutting in?

We have two sh*te fullbacks behind them if they were to play on their opposite wings.

Having a left footer would immediately give us many more options.

Salah Firmino Mane
       Coutinho Lallana
                 Can

Like that mate.
      If he got VVD and Keita as well, I'd be pretty well happy with this window. But forgive me if I withhold dining on any crow just yet ;)

Agreed, putting Keita into Lallana's spot above would just give us that perfect balance. While I've been a huge fan of Lallana's last season I'm not sure he'd offer quite enough defensively to be a perfect fit. A very good one without doubt but to be a true box-to-box player I think you need a little more steel about you.

Don't get me wrong we'd still destroy a lot of teams with that formation but we'd probably get exposed a little at the back too.

All but leaning at melwood:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/877148464790073347
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #588: Jun 20, 2017 01:58:47 pm
      Salah Firmino Mane
       Coutinho Lallana
                 Can

Like that mate.
      Agreed, putting Keita into Lallana's spot above would just give us that perfect balance. While I've been a huge fan of Lallana's last season I'm not sure he'd offer quite enough defensively to be a perfect fit. A very good one without doubt but to be a true box-to-box player I think you need a little more steel about you.

Don't get me wrong we'd still destroy a lot of teams with that formation but we'd probably get exposed a little at the back too.

See I would put Keita in Can's spot as you have it above. Push Can and Gini to the bench (very good backup/rotation options).
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #589: Jun 20, 2017 02:00:36 pm
      See I would put Keita in Can's spot as you have it above. Push Can and Gini to the bench (very good backup/rotation options).

That really would be 'we're gonna score one more than you' footy. Bold that's for sure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #590: Jun 20, 2017 02:01:44 pm
      That really would be 'we're gonna score one more than you' footy. Bold that's for sure.

I'm usually of the mind that you try and get your best players on the field if you can, no matter what the formation.

But....imagine Lovren and VVD sitting behind that formation. Might not matter who we have at LB and RB then :D
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #591: Jun 20, 2017 02:01:47 pm

Surely, he should be working his legs off - not arse. Surely, how his arse does is not much of a concern. ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #592: Jun 20, 2017 02:03:41 pm
      I'm usually of the mind that you try and get your best players on the field if you can, no matter what the formation.

But....imagine Lovren and VVD sitting behind that formation. Might not matter who we have at LB and RB then :D

Do you rate Lovren above Matip?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #593: Jun 20, 2017 02:05:02 pm
      Surely, he should be working his legs off - not arse. Surely, how his arse does is not much of a concern. ;)

I'm not one to comment on any alleged rumours about Sturridge's arse!! :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #594: Jun 20, 2017 02:10:22 pm
      The Echo reports that Salah is waiting to catch a Liverpool bound plane as the protracted negotiations continue on a £35m deal with no date set for a medical, 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-medical-booked-yet-mohamed-13207371

Edwards will end up phoning Spurs telling them to get their arses in gear and put a rival bid in.

The whole farce must be playing out like an episode of Only Fools and Horses like the one where Del Boy, when trying to impress a girl, makes on that he's a pro hand glider only to have his bluff called which he tries to desperately get out of. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G7foe3IGwc

'Oh my god, oh bloody hell! Arrrgggghh!' - Michael Edwards when signing the transfer documents.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #595: Jun 20, 2017 02:20:19 pm

I think I must have had a stroke...why the hell did I say Lovren?? :lmao:

I won't even edit my post, I'll leave it for all to see my senility ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #596: Jun 20, 2017 02:22:03 pm
      Wait, are you saying Mo Salah is unproven? Have you watched him play at Roma at all? He's 🔥

International level, opposition outside the somewhat weak Italian league.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #597: Jun 20, 2017 02:28:17 pm
      I think I must have had a stroke...why the hell did I say Lovren?? :lmao:

I won't even edit my post, I'll leave it for all to see my senility ;D

Hahah fair enough :D

Quick Reply