Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 579313 times
      Borg and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4922: Jul 01, 2022 05:24:16 pm
      This would have been such a distraction had he been unsigned going into next season so it's fantastic news as well from a stability perspective. Was really sad to see Mane go but with Diaz in the fold, Nunez coming in and now Salah signing a new deal we're in great shape. I just want Bobby to sign a new deal now. I really believe he could play on for several seasons but i guess it depends on whether he is willing to accept that he is not a starter for the biggest games (as has been the case for the past 12-16 months).
      rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #4923: Jul 01, 2022 05:26:00 pm
      Quite a few sources said he was gone and what a load of bollox that was, knowing how thrifty our owners are (being diplomatic here) 350k a week is a tall order.
      Made up Mo showed where his heart is.

Mane and Salah were never both going to get what they wanted just happy one of them has.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #4924: Jul 01, 2022 05:44:10 pm
      Quite a few sources said he was gone and what a load of bollox that was, knowing how thrifty our owners are (being diplomatic here) 350k a week is a tall order.
      Made up Mo showed where his heart is.
      Sky reporting it too.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1224 
      Reply #4925: Jul 01, 2022 06:01:50 pm
      Over the moon, this feels as good as any new signing ever! Off for a few beers!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4926: Jul 01, 2022 06:02:52 pm
      utter utter bollox people have shown their concern about him going I can't think of anyone on here who did not want him to stay .Its been ongoing for 12 months so no knee jerk reaction just concern. f**king deflective inferiority complex from super fans

I can think of some straight away, one in particular was kicking up a real fuss about it too. No deflecting, no super fans, no complexes, no nothing basically. Nice little kick off there though fella. Have a good weekend 👍

Salah has signed a new deal that will see him finish having the best years of his career with us, it’s all good. Continue breaking those records.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2022 06:23:43 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #4927: Jul 01, 2022 06:42:39 pm
      Feels like a new signing, at the same time crazy money ! Simply hope Salah keeps fit and bangs in plenty of goals !
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,267 posts | 282 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #4928: Jul 01, 2022 06:45:21 pm
      YAY! Another 3 golden boots on their way 😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4929: Jul 01, 2022 06:48:45 pm
      think we have got one happy forum well expect for Keith

;D You have a point  ;D Was right about £350k a week though.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4930: Jul 01, 2022 06:53:38 pm
      This is a wonderful surprise... but... unless it turns out that he is on £350,000 per week, the cynic in me wonders if he's done a deal with an exit strategy which will be best for both parties?

Perhaps he's agreed a marginal increase in salary, so the club can have him on an extended contract, and are therefore in a position to be able to sell him next season without him going on a free? He's not been happy for a while, didn't look interested in extending his contract, and his agent has been pushing for a massive salary. It's unlikely that he got the salary he wanted.. 

It’s actually a valid point you make and a clever one if true. With so many permutations I suppose fans will always be second guessing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4931: Jul 01, 2022 06:54:30 pm
      f**k me mate stop thinking and start celebrating 2022/23 EPL winners

You’ll finish the bridesmaids again Walt.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #4932: Jul 01, 2022 07:17:20 pm
      This. Hes talking about me and thats fine. Im a big boy. We're all reds.

I've always wanted Mo to stay. Wanting to sell a player to get money in to replace him and not let him leave for free and possibly walk up the Road to city is wanting the best thing for your club. I want that because I care about this club. If he wasn't going to sign I wanted him sold this summer. I'll always stand by that. I never wanted him to leave. All I've ever wanted was for him to sign a new deal.

This has dragged on well over 12 months. This is the outcome we all wanted.

I doubted mo ... I'm happy its all put to bed now. Beers tonight when the little one is in bed.

I can't remember a single post saying they wanted Mo gone. People have been irked by the lack of movement by the club and by Mo's agent and were worried about any replacement but thats what forums are for surely. Hopefully apart from the enlightened the rest of us are absolutely thrilled he has signed we are stronger with him than without him and after a good rest this summer we all hope to see Mo at his best
      Jimsouse67

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #4933: Jul 01, 2022 07:26:15 pm
      Do for me that F***ing boss news & totally made my week get the F**k in.
      Don77

• 6,618 posts | 1111 
      Reply #4934: Jul 01, 2022 08:14:26 pm
      I can't remember a single post saying they wanted Mo gone. People have been irked by the lack of movement by the club and by Mo's agent and were worried about any replacement but thats what forums are for surely. Hopefully apart from the enlightened the rest of us are absolutely thrilled he has signed we are stronger with him than without him and after a good rest this summer we all hope to see Mo at his best

That's the thing mate. There is a difference in wanting someone gone and wanting to sell someone so you feel isn't going to stay so we can replace him.

Nobody wanted him gone. I was adamant this couldn't drag on beyond June 30th ... and basically it hasn't and the club realised that and got it done.

Like yourself I'm made up he's staying and we don't have to replace him. I doubted his commitment and questioned what was most important to him ... he's happy here it seems and now he has the wages he's happy with and he signed up.

As for the enlightened ... let them trawl the threads looking for someone to kick off with. It's all rather funny isn't it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #4935: Jul 01, 2022 08:51:20 pm
      I’m made up cos I never saw it coming. I was one who wanted him sold rather than see him run his contract down. Just so we never lost him for nothing.
      He always said he loved Liverpool, the club the fans the manager etc etc, now he’s shown he does. Probably a compromise on the wages, and they met half way. Only my thoughts though.
      Just glad to see him sign and now he get back to proper footy again.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #4936: Jul 01, 2022 08:58:45 pm
      I'm super happy about this. I can't say we didn't wait long and didn't start being a bit stressed but I also cant say this is a total surprise. When you factor in that 90% of the reports around the negotiations were from people or journos with no real knowledge then you realize that we basically boarded the journos merry go round of ''he's close to re-sign'' news followed by ''negotiations are hard and looks like he's gone''  while in fact nobody knew anything. Considering nobody knew anything I can't say its the biggest surprise when the player ends up signing because in fact most of the panic was created from unreliable news.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4937: Jul 01, 2022 08:59:00 pm
      think we have got one happy forum well expect for Keith

F**k Keith, he’s in deep deep conversation  with the Samaritans  :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4938: Jul 01, 2022 09:01:12 pm
      I’m made up cos I never saw it coming.

Another fine example of the club keeping things hush and not leaking anything.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #4939: Jul 01, 2022 09:09:45 pm
      So I'm not sure if here (this thread) is the correct place to say it but this Julian Ward guy is pretty good so far ain't he? Brings over the line deals for Diaz, Nunez, Carvalho, Ramsay, sells Sadio and Minamino for pretty decent fees and ties Salah up for three-year extension.

Pretty good job as far as I'm concerned.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #4940: Jul 01, 2022 09:15:46 pm
      Always felt he wanted to stay. You can't blame the guy for wanting the money he is on. Really chuffed with the owners making this kind of decision. Only way we can compete with City..Get in..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #4941: Jul 01, 2022 09:34:28 pm
      That's the thing mate. There is a difference in wanting someone gone and wanting to sell someone so you feel isn't going to stay so we can replace him.

Nobody wanted him gone. I was adamant this couldn't drag on beyond June 30th ... and basically it hasn't and the club realised that and got it done.

Like yourself I'm made up he's staying and we don't have to replace him. I doubted his commitment and questioned what was most important to him ... he's happy here it seems and now he has the wages he's happy with and he signed up.

As for the enlightened ... let them trawl the threads looking for someone to kick off with. It's all rather funny isn't it.

spot on it could not drag on into the season and this is were FSG actually do good work they make the big decisions and get most right.
      The main thing is its been a great day and the season cant start soon enough . We also dont have Mo going to the World Cup so this could be a season to remember for him
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,669 posts | 1616 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #4942: Jul 01, 2022 09:43:56 pm
      I am absolutely buzzing with that news about Mo today it has made my summer  :scarf:
      I'm ecstatic with his new contract, you kept us waiting Mo but it's all worth the wait.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #4943: Jul 01, 2022 10:29:10 pm
      This thread is amazing (Salah has won the most balls in the final third):

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/1542898217528041472?s=21&t=W5fxpzpm4C-omVMdNqATeg

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4944: Jul 01, 2022 10:41:11 pm
      Shut a few on here up

Quick Reply