Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 292028 times
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #460: Jul 31, 2017 10:31:47 am
      Hope Klopp will today again tell us that Cou won't be sold at any price.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #461: Jul 31, 2017 10:40:22 am
      Neymar 'texting Philippe Coutinho' to urge Liverpool star to snub Barcelona and wait for PSG move

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neymar-messaging-philippe-coutinho-urge-10904301

:thumbsdown3:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #462: Jul 31, 2017 11:25:43 am
      Neymar 'texting Philippe Coutinho' to urge Liverpool star to snub Barcelona and wait for PSG move

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neymar-messaging-philippe-coutinho-urge-10904301

Wow!! Unbelievable if true
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #463: Jul 31, 2017 11:40:56 am
      Neymar has been tapping up Coutinho for years, probably the reason we have not reported it to Uefa was to not upset Coutinho. If Coutinho went Liverpool could very much report Neymar to Uefa. I don't think it's a PSG or Barca tapping up claim... I'm not entirely sure what player sanctions are in tapping up. Said it before, Neymar is an utter ****. He thinks he's bigger than Barca and rules don't apply to him.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 11:48:44 am by Ribapuru »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #464: Jul 31, 2017 11:45:36 am
      Neymar has been tapping up Coutinho for years, probably the reason we have not reported it to Uefa was to not upset Coutinho. If Coutinho went Liverpool could very much report Neymar to Uefa. I don't think it's a PSG or Barca tapping up claim... I'm not entirely sure what player sanctions are in tapping up. Said it before, Neymar is an utter ****. He thinks he's bigger than Barca and rules don't apply to him. Barca should hold firm and make him sort his tax stuff out.

Imagine sweet FA Riba, what stops you telling a mate to come and work for your firm. If it's not in an official capacity then really it's a friend advising a friend, nothing can be done or should be done.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #465: Jul 31, 2017 11:50:56 am
      Imagine sweet FA Riba, what stops you telling a mate to come and work for your firm. If it's not in an official capacity then really it's a friend advising a friend, nothing can be done or should be done.
      you are comparing normal job to football rules. Uefa have a set of rules. tapping up by clubs, players, board members or agents is prohibited. If your friend sent you a text,  there is no such rules to punish that.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #466: Jul 31, 2017 11:55:03 am
      If your friend sent you a text,  there is no such rules to punish that.

Exactly, so you've answered your own question. As much as it frustrates us, Neymar should be free to tell his friend whatever he likes, if we start sanctioning stuff like that then we're starting to encroach on personal life and that shouldn't be encouraged.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #467: Jul 31, 2017 12:01:27 pm

Saw the same and pressed for link - the sh*t rag is going with the same tale, gotta be sh*te.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #468: Jul 31, 2017 12:02:52 pm
      Exactly, so you've answered your own question. As much as it frustrates us, Neymar should be free to tell his friend whatever he likes, if we start sanctioning stuff like that then we're starting to encroach on personal life and that shouldn't be encouraged.
      not going to argue

Any person subject to the FIFA Statutes and regulations (club officials,
      players’ agents, players, etc.) who acts in a manner designed to induce
      a breach of contract between a professional and a club in order to
      facilitate the transfer of the player shall be sanctioned.

PDF doc from Fifa. Apologies when I said Uefa.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Like I said, whilst Coutinho is here we shouldn't do anything that could upset him. If he goes, I'd report Neymar instantly.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #469: Jul 31, 2017 12:05:39 pm
      Got a bad feeling he's on his way.

Worried we will hold out for a massive sum, sell him late in the window and get no replacement in.

We need to get to work now on getting our own targets in and have a contingency in place if Cou does go.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #470: Jul 31, 2017 12:06:09 pm

Is correct Luke, proof of which is the sh*t rag carrying the none-story.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #471: Jul 31, 2017 12:15:28 pm

Yes but in that case what is the difference between a player tapping up another player and a club doing it? To extend the analogy to the normal workplace, should headhunters and agents be made illegal as they effectively tap you up to move jobs?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #472: Jul 31, 2017 12:21:45 pm
      Interesting situation now with the Neymar thing.

Barca probably won't be able to afford Coutinho until they sell Neymar but does Neymar moving on make Barca less inviting for Phil?

Wouldn't surprise me if we try and hold firm this summer and then PSG come in with a ridiculous bid next year.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #473: Jul 31, 2017 12:21:52 pm
      Yes but in that case what is the difference between a player tapping up another player and a club doing it? To extend the analogy to the normal workplace, should headhunters and agents be made illegal as they effectively tap you up to move jobs?
      difference is player tapping up another player is prohibited by fifa. In general employment not covered by fifa it is not a rule. It is foolish to compare a sports job covered by a sports governing body to a job such as a computer programmer or a milkman etc... Maybe a dairy farm could mention his delivery accuracy ans milk kart pace etc... Try and claim he was world class   :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #474: Jul 31, 2017 12:22:38 pm

Worried we will hold out for a massive sum, sell him late in the window and get no replacement in.

We need to get to work now on getting our own targets in and have a contingency in place if Cou does go.

It wouldn't be any good to LFC but paradoxically it would dovetail with our owner's false economies agenda, as time presses on it is ominously looking as though this could be the case.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #475: Jul 31, 2017 12:46:53 pm
      difference is player tapping up another player is prohibited by fifa. In general employment not covered by fifa it is not a rule. It is foolish to compare a sports job covered by a sports governing body to a job such as a computer programmer or a milkman etc... Maybe a dairy farm could mention his delivery accuracy ans milk kart pace etc... Try and claim he was world class  8)

The player is under contract, that is to say he is under a legal obligation to adhere to said contract for the period specified.
      By mutual agreement the contract can be terminated with recompense to the club holding the contract.
      Undeclared negotiation or tapping up would seek to preclude the owning club, unethical and possibly illegal conduct.

There lies the difference between milkmen and multi-millionaire footballers.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 03:41:26 pm by stuey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #476: Jul 31, 2017 01:15:37 pm
      difference is player tapping up another player is prohibited by fifa. In general employment not covered by fifa it is not a rule. It is foolish to compare a sports job covered by a sports governing body to a job such as a computer programmer or a milkman etc... Maybe a dairy farm could mention his delivery accuracy ans milk kart pace etc... Try and claim he was world class   :roll:

Ok I was actually agreeing with you on this but never mind, you strike me as the kind of person who would argue wit his own shadow!
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #477: Jul 31, 2017 01:21:42 pm

Yeah give us £195m. Can't argue against that figure, even though at least one of us will hold out for £1,950m. £££££
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #478: Jul 31, 2017 01:52:33 pm
      If Neymar goes as looks more and more likely I reckon FSG sell for around £120 million. Barca will be desperate, Coutinho is no doubt desperate to go (imo) and FSG wouldn't say no at that price. Only way we keep him is if Neymar stays at Barca.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #479: Jul 31, 2017 01:56:51 pm
      Why is everyone assuming that Couts is desperate to go to Barca, I'm not even convinced he'd be an automatic starter there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #480: Jul 31, 2017 02:33:31 pm

If I was Jürgen I'd be in the ear of Firmino telling him to have a word with Phil to reassure him as in every pic we see Phil and Bobby look like mates.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #481: Jul 31, 2017 02:34:34 pm
      Why is everyone assuming that Couts is desperate to go to Barca, I'm not even convinced he'd be an automatic starter there.

He'd be a starter as replacement for Neymar.

Phil left, Suarez centre, Messi right!!
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #482: Jul 31, 2017 02:35:05 pm

It's the Mecca for every South American player mate, of course he wants the move. He might have been happy at LFC but have no doubt his head is massively turned right now. He's a class act so I don't think he will be throwing any tantrums because it's not his way but as and when they come in with a bigger offer (I don't think they will offer silly money until Neymar is on his way) I think that he will be asking the club to let him go.

Also, as promising as things look at times at LFC under Klopp we're not exactly uprooting trees with our transfer business this summer and our squad struggled at times to cope with domestic competition last season, let alone Champions League footy. We look way too light for my liking,  would have hoped to have seen another 3-4 players in by now rather than having to rely on players like Studge and Henderson coming back from long term injuries and several unproven players to man the bench. At Barca he is guaranteed a title challenge and a last eight spot (as a minimum) in the Champions League. That's the reality of it.

As for him starting in the Barca team, yeah maybe he would have struggled a bit had he played there a season or two ago but he has improved considerably in the last 18 months, he's far more consistent, he's stronger, he's influencing games more and his set pieces have come on a mile. He'd start in most sides imho.

It would be a massive shame if he went because I'm sure he is just about to have his best season. I'd love to see him playing in that central midfield role, I didn't realise just how good a passer of a football he was from that position. I personally think that's where Barca see him playing if they get him (as a replacement for Iniesta). He could also play off the left as HR has stated above.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 02:41:56 pm by Scottbot »

Quick Reply