Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287898 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2806: Aug 25, 2017 06:55:06 pm
      That beIN sports tweet is a great example of the sh*te that flies around these days and the lack of any thought that goes through people's heads when reading it.

Nevermind that the squads are submitted after the transfer window shuts, and so lil Phil making that request makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2807: Aug 25, 2017 07:44:47 pm
      True mate, but some of the comments have been a bit OTT in my opinion.

Then we get the crowd that still pine for Suarez after he behaved a lot worse than this, doing a lot of the name calling, and I just can't get my head around that level of cognitive dissonance.

That's because Suarez stayed and gave us his best season before he left.
      If Coutinho behaves the same way I reckon the reactions will be similar.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2808: Aug 25, 2017 07:45:47 pm

I don't think Coutinho is capable of putting in a best Suarez season.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #2809: Aug 25, 2017 07:50:22 pm

No, but he is capable of putting in a best Coutinho season.
      Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #2810: Aug 25, 2017 07:51:38 pm

He still has not give us one consistent season in my opinion. Last season was his best without doubt.

He needs to man up .... he is sitting on his arse while being paid north of 150k a week.

He should try making ends meet each week and consider those who are paying for his lavish lifestyle.

I hate this game or business as it is now. It is not the game I grew up with. 95% of these players nowadays are spoilt brats who think they can have it every which way.

I really hope the club and manager make an example of this c**t as if they cave then next summer mane and others will think they can just ruin our preseason by creating a sideshow and they will get their move.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2811: Aug 25, 2017 07:55:48 pm
      That beIN sports tweet is a great example of the sh*te that flies around these days and the lack of any thought that goes through people's heads when reading it.

Nevermind that the squads are submitted after the transfer window shuts, and so lil Phil making that request makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever.

They are a spin of of Al-Jazeera to make matters worse  :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2812: Aug 25, 2017 07:56:48 pm

He was forced to stay, and then he bit ANOTHER player after agreeing terms with Barca behind our backs, so with all due respect, he's a massive c**t.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2813: Aug 25, 2017 10:16:03 pm
      Although I've been desperate for us to keep Coutinho and I'm starting to wish we had signed a couple of quality replacements and then let the lad go after all. Would rather we had players who were 100 percent committed and even if he knuckles down I suspect his form will take some time to recover. I can envisage him scoring and then refusing to celebrate and being a sullen git for the next 3 months.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2814: Aug 25, 2017 10:22:41 pm
      then he bit ANOTHER player after agreeing terms with Barca behind our backs,

Still amuses me how some people think he bit a player to force a move. Suarez is one of the most determined players around, he will do whatever he can to win. He's hand balled it on the line to stop a goal for his country and ended up getting sent off, all to stop a goal, he's pretty much cried on the pitch because we drew 3-3 with Palace. He will do whatever it takes to win so why would he suddenly think during the World Cup, the biggest stage of them all; "I know, to force a move to Barca I will bite a player even though I will get sent off and probably result in us going out of the competition". Sorry to break it to you but he wasn't thinking about us or Barca in the slightest, he was fully focused on Uruguay.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2815: Aug 25, 2017 10:27:29 pm
      Still amuses me how some people think he bit a player to force a move. Suarez is one of the most determined players around, he will do whatever he can to win. He's hand balled it on the line to stop a goal for his country and ended up getting sent off, all to stop a goal, he's pretty much cried on the pitch because we drew 3-3 with Palace. He will do whatever it takes to win so why would he suddenly think during the World Cup, the biggest stage of them all; "I know, to force a move to Barca I will bite a player even though I will get sent off and probably result in us going out of the competition". Sorry to break it to you but he wasn't thinking about us or Barca in the slightest, he was fully focused on Uruguay.

Yeah I can't say I've ever thought he did that to get out at that point.

Reason I don't give a second thought to Suarez or have him anywhere near my top 50 or so Reds is what he did the previous summer, not him actually leaving when he did. I wasn't arsed about him by then
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2816: Aug 25, 2017 10:30:53 pm
      Reason I don't give a second thought to Suarez or have him anywhere near my top 50 or so Reds is what he did the previous summer, not him actually leaving when he did. I wasn't arsed about him by then

That's fair enough lad
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2817: Aug 25, 2017 10:54:35 pm

That's how I see it too mate. He would do anything to win. And for some reason whenever he did something crazy his team benefited from it...
      His attitude of winning at any cost is something we've sorely missed ever since he departed.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,818 posts | 471 
      Reply #2818: Aug 25, 2017 10:59:46 pm
      So I kind of got the same alert on my IPhone, stating that Phil was "feeling low" about his move to Barcelona not happening. So this is a sh*t story right?

If he plays for Brazil during international break, I'll be annoyed.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2819: Aug 25, 2017 11:02:53 pm
      Kid is really making some poor decisions and should be looking long and hard not only at himself but those advising him.

Went about this entirely the wrong way and is putting himself into a corner that is not going to be a comfortable place.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2820: Aug 25, 2017 11:04:23 pm
      Coutinho will get injured in the Brazil qualifier at the end of the match I suppose.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2821: Aug 25, 2017 11:04:39 pm
      Kid is really making some poor decisions and should be looking long and hard not only at himself but those advising him.

Went about this entirely the wrong way and is putting himself into a corner that is not going to be a comfortable place.

Making life unnecessarily difficult for himself. Mahrez doesn't want to be at Leicester but he's still kept his head down and worked for the team, had a good start to the season actually considering he doesn't want to be there. Chalk and cheese
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #2822: Aug 25, 2017 11:09:31 pm
      Making life unnecessarily difficult for himself. Mahrez doesn't want to be at Leicester but he's still kept his head down and worked for the team, had a good start to the season actually considering he doesn't want to be there. Chalk and cheese

That's what you get with Cou's agent Kia and there again Barca's spin machine have been used to getting they're way recently, so he or more likely his family members have been primed exactly when to leak some BS to Sky, Bein etc.

Such a shame it's just making him look like a tool.

Kopite78
      Reply #2823: Aug 25, 2017 11:12:20 pm
      That's what you get with Cou's agent Kia and there again Barca's spin machine have been used to getting they're way recently, so he or more likely his family members have been primed exactly when to leak some BS to Sky, Bein etc.

He's obviously happy with everything being done 🔔🔚
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2824: Aug 25, 2017 11:14:26 pm

Yep, earns my respect that.

Says very clearly "I want to leave, but I don't want to hurt your chances at success either." I could live with that quite easily, I may not be happy that they're leaving but if they did it in that manner then they'd at least leave with my respect. Question is, is it much like a penalty, the honesty and strength of character to stay on your feet (play) goes against you and makes it less likely you actually get the decision that benefits you the most?

The way football clubs fight back on this is that they require any player they sign to do so from a pool of selective representatives rather than these horrible little leeches like Kia Joorabchian, who have nothing but their own financial gain motivating them. It could also be done by the leagues, force representation to act in the open, clearly and respectfully or they can't represent clients of that league. It would force a real change in approach and less whispering in ears. Players blaming their agents for telling them what to do, I mean really, how f**king soft are you Coutinho and how soft do you think we are to believe that, or even you believe that.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017 11:18:49 pm by KopiteLuke »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #2825: Aug 25, 2017 11:14:29 pm

Kia the Tevez,Mascherano agent?...forgot his second name.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #2826: Aug 25, 2017 11:14:37 pm
      He's obviously happy with everything being done 🔔🔚

Aye cuntish behaviour.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #2827: Aug 25, 2017 11:51:27 pm
      Kia the Tevez,Mascherano agent?...forgot his second name.
      Same one Shabs.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2828: Aug 26, 2017 12:00:32 am
      So is he striking, sulking, ill or injured?

Back after internationals?

Quick Reply