Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 289181 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2852: Aug 26, 2017 01:50:56 pm

This makes absolutely no sense, if he's a shareholder in Liverpool, why the f**k is he wearing a Barca shirt and why does he want Liverpool to open negotiations with Coutinho???

Ah just read the tweet and it is bullshit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2853: Aug 26, 2017 02:16:09 pm
      This makes absolutely no sense, if he's a shareholder in Liverpool, why the f**k is he wearing a Barca shirt and why does he want Liverpool to open negotiations with Coutinho???

Ah just read the tweet and it is bullshit.

Think it is what you call a slow news day
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2854: Aug 26, 2017 02:54:03 pm
      It still amazes me that people defend a player who sh*t all over the club not once, not twice but three times.

Bit a player at Ajax, got the move he wanted.

Bit Ivanovic then started batting his eyes at Arsenal, as soon as he was with Uruguay and took us to arbitration over his "release clause", which also begs the question of how Arsenal knew about the clause.

Bit Chiellini at the WC, and got his move to Barca.

He was so concentrated on Uruguay that he managed to find time to agree personal terms with Barca, before we even agreed to sell him.

Quite how people excuse this behaviour is beyond me.

Great player, who sh*t all over us to get his dream move, f**k him.
      He doesn't want another move, so he's stopped biting people.
      Funny that.

You concentrate on conspiracy theories too much.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2855: Aug 26, 2017 03:27:32 pm
      Just sell the weasel. F**k sake hes being a massive c**t over this
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,698 posts | 3937 
      Reply #2856: Aug 26, 2017 03:35:09 pm
      Just sell the weasel. F**k sake hes being a massive c**t over this

Agreed, if all this is true then the c**t can F**k right off.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2857: Aug 26, 2017 03:46:57 pm
      Agreed, if all this is true then the c**t can f**k right off.

Refusing to play by faking injury during a vital time is enough for me. Imagine the uproar if we didn't qualify for CL and lost our PL games.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2858: Aug 26, 2017 03:52:01 pm
      You concentrate on conspiracy theories too much.

Really?

That's your answer?

Facts aren't "conspiracy theories" fella.

If you want to keep idolising a player who repeatedly sh*t on the club, that's your choice, but for my part I'll continue to think of him for being a c**t, and nothing else.
      Yes, he was and is a great player, but that will never excuse him for shitting on the club repeatedly.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2859: Aug 26, 2017 03:59:19 pm
      Really?

That's your answer?

If you want to keep idolising a player who repeatedly sh*t on the club, that's your choice, but for my part I'll continue to think of him for being a c**t, and nothing else.
      Yes, he was and is a great player, but that will never excuse him for shitting on the club repeatedly.

I agree with you Swab. The world class season Suarez put in made me forget the sh*t he threw at us, and now with the Coutinho incident, this has made me realise what a c**t Suarez was and currently, Coutinho is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2860: Aug 26, 2017 04:10:09 pm
      I agree with you Swab. The world class season Suarez put in made me forget the sh*t he threw at us, and now with the Coutinho incident, this has made me realise what a c**t Suarez was and currently, Coutinho is.

No doubt he played like a man possessed that season.

Trouble is he possessed a one way ticket to Barcelona and didn't much care what he did to us to get there.

Loved his goals, his effort and his ability, but he completely ruined his reputation by his actions, and I can't hold any fondness for the guy because of it.
      There's ways to go about getting the move he wanted, that could have seen us waving him off with a smile, but he chose the c**t option.

Coutinho is rapidly approaching the same fate with fans, many of who will never see him in the same light again.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #2861: Aug 26, 2017 05:20:38 pm
      No matter what happens between now and 31st Aug he has lost all my respect. We made him what he is today and I still believe he is totally replaceable. I would be very happy if he is not in our squad at the end of this window replaced by Insigne,
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2862: Aug 26, 2017 05:28:06 pm
      Ballbag
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2863: Aug 26, 2017 05:35:11 pm
      Ahh the random word thread, it reminds me of this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2864: Aug 26, 2017 05:47:32 pm
      Really?

That's your answer?

How is it a fact that he bit a player with the sole intention of forcing a move? That's just your opinion
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2865: Aug 26, 2017 06:09:38 pm
      How is it a fact that he bit a player with the sole intention of forcing a move? That's just your opinion

It's a fact that he agreed personal terms with Barca while (in your words) fully concentrated on the World Cup.

But then I think you know that and are determined to clutch at straws.

It's another fact that every time he wanted a move, he bit someone.

It's another fact that he demanded a move to Arsenal, and took us to arbitration.

It's another fact that after agreeing personal terms with Barca, he bit yet another player, and (surprise!) got the move he wanted.

Once is unfortunate.
      Twice might be coincidence.
      Three times? It was deliberate.

Funny how he hasn't bitten anyone since he went to Barca, and even funnier that after he bit Ivanovic he was sent to a shrink, but still ended up biting another player.
      Then he saw yet another shrink who must now be proclaiming a miracle cure.
      Or he just got the move he wanted and doesn't need to keep sinking his teeth into people to embarrass a club into selling him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2866: Aug 26, 2017 06:27:51 pm
      It's a fact that he agreed personal terms with Barca while (in your words) fully concentrated on the World Cup.

But then I think you know that and are determined to clutch at straws.

It's another fact that every time he wanted a move, he bit someone.

It's another fact that he demanded a move to Arsenal, and took us to arbitration.

It's another fact that after agreeing personal terms with Barca, he bit yet another player, and (surprise!) got the move he wanted.

Once is unfortunate.
      Twice might be coincidence.
      Three times? It was deliberate.

Funny how he hasn't bitten anyone since he went to Barca, and even funnier that after he bit Ivanovic he was sent to a shrink, but still ended up biting another player.
      Then he saw yet another shrink who must now be proclaiming a miracle cure.
      Or he just got the move he wanted and doesn't need to keep sinking his teeth into people to embarrass a club into selling him.

I'm not clutching at anything, think that's you lad, you and your conspiracy theories. If you'd have read my post properly you'd have seen my point was he wouldn't have been thinking about anything other than getting Uruguay the win DURING the game. What goes on after the game is something different and you make out as if it's a bad thing him agreeing personal terms behind our back but fail to realise that basically every transfer now happens like that, we were trying to do with with Van Dijk for Christ sake so don't try and take the high and mighty about Suarez doing it when we do the exact same thing when we are trying to sign players.

I thought your original post was amusing but you've topped it by thinking that it's a fact he bit players with the sole intention of getting a transfer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2867: Aug 26, 2017 06:35:21 pm
      I'm not clutching at anything, think that's you lad, you and your conspiracy theories. If you'd have read my post properly you'd have seen my point was he wouldn't have been thinking about anything other than getting Uruguay the win DURING the game. What goes on after the game is something different and you make out as if it's a bad thing him agreeing personal terms behind our back but fail to realise that basically every transfer now happens like that, we were trying to do with with Van Dijk for Christ sake so don't try and take the high and mighty about Suarez doing it when we do the exact same thing when we are trying to sign players.

Absolute, complete denial from a poster (you) happy to see a fella sh*t all over the club, with the usual thinly veiled insults thrown in for good measure.

You carry on worshiping a player who sh*t on the club and form the Suraez fan club.

Meanwhile, I'll be here supporting the club over a player who sh*t all over us, dragged our name through the mud, constantly went behind our back, took us to court and missed loads of games through bad behaviour, probably costing us the title.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2868: Aug 26, 2017 06:38:42 pm
      Absolute, complete denial from a poster (you) happy to see a fella sh*t all over the club, with the usual thinly veiled insults thrown in for good measure.

You carry on worshiping a player who sh*t on the club and form the Suraez fan club.

Meanwhile, I'll be here supporting the club over a player who sh*t all over us, dragged our name through the mud, constantly went behind our back, took us to court and missed loads of games through bad behaviour, probably costing us the title.

Haha alright soft lad, think you should leave it there because you've  completely lost it there :laugh:

Suarez costing us the title, that's the best one yet :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2869: Aug 26, 2017 06:48:44 pm
      Haha alright soft lad, think you should leave it there because you've  completely lost it there :laugh:

Suarez costing us the title, that's the best one yet :lmao:

Deary me, another one who thinks typing something on the internet makes it true.

Remind me how many games Suarez missed at the start of the season, due to his antics?
      Remind me what the GD was, that we felt we had to make up which caused us to draw or lose matches we should have won?
      Would we have had better GD had Suarez not missed all those games?
      Probably, and probably not have taken the chances we did to try and close the gap (see, there's the word you missed out; probably  )

Was it a certainty?
      No, but that's not what I said, now is it.
      I said probably.

You accuse others of not reading your posts, and then willfully misinterpret other peoples posts in your attempts to be "right".
      Hypocrisy much?

Well, on this, you are 100% wrong, and any Liverpool fan worth their salt see's Suarez and his antics for exactly what they were; shitting on us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2870: Aug 26, 2017 06:59:58 pm
      Deary me, another one who thinks typing something on the internet makes it true.

Remind me how many games Suarez missed at the start of the season, due to his antics?
      Remind me what the GD was, that we felt we had to make up which caused us to draw or lose matches we should have won?
      Would we have had better GD had Suarez not missed all those games?
      Probably, and probably not have taken the chances we did to try and close the gap (see, there's the word you missed out; probably  )

Was it a certainty?
      No, but that's not what I said, now is it.
      I said probably.

You accuse others of not reading your posts, and then willfully misinterpret other peoples posts in your attempts to be "right".
      Hypocrisy much?

Well, on this, you are 100% wrong, and any Liverpool fan worth their salt see's Suarez and his antics for exactly what they were; shitting on us.

We had to make up goal difference because we messed up against Chelsea when all we needed was another 7 points, it was completely in our own hands. Remind me who slipped in that game that led to us going on to lose?...

You're saying probably to scenarios that for all we know, had he not missed any games we could have ended up losing for all we know. So your "probably" is worth as much credibility as what you are coming out with at the moment.

Seriously lad, you've completely lost it here and I can't take you seriously at all :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2871: Aug 26, 2017 07:06:57 pm
      Seriously lad, you've completely lost it here and I can't take you seriously at all :laugh:

Nah, the fact is you cannot argue your position, have not answered a single question, and have resorted to puerile ad hominem attacks to try and cover an untenable position.

Worse still, you know your position is untenable, which is the very reason why you won't answer a single question.

Carry on worshiping the guttersnipe who dragged our name through the mud, got himself banned for crucial games, went behind our backs at least twice, took us to arbitration in an attempt to force a move to Arsenal, repeatedly bit players, and agreed terms with Barca before we had even agreed to sell, and then bit someone again.

Meanwhile, Sterling didn't do even a fraction of that sh*t, and you call him a c**t.

The cognitive dissonance going on with you is mind boggling; Suarez = brilliant and blameless; anyone else who ever pushed for a move = c**t.  :roll:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2872: Aug 26, 2017 07:07:13 pm
      Suarez was/is a lot better player than Philippe and a player who gave everything on the pitch for the cause.

His biting is purely an instinct, nothing logical about it.

Players come and go but while they are here they must try hard and play well. Juat like Luis did and just like Luis he will get his move in the end.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017 07:11:47 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2873: Aug 26, 2017 07:11:12 pm
      Suarez was/is a lot better player than Philippe and a player who gave everything on the pitch for the cause.

His biting is purely an instinct, nothing logical about it.

Players come and go but while they are here try hard and play well.

Three times mate, when he wanted to move to another club.

That's some instinct, especially as he hasn't bitten anyone since he got where he always wanted to be.

I've no problems with his application on the field.
      My issue is the fact that he sh*t on us, and then did it again, even threatening at one stage to go on strike if we didn't sell him to Arsenal, and forcing us to go to arbitration over his alleged release clause, then agreeing personal terms with Barca before they had even spoken to us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2874: Aug 26, 2017 07:20:36 pm
      Three times mate, when he wanted to move to another club.

That's some instinct, especially as he hasn't bitten anyone since he got where he always wanted to be.

I've no problems with his application on the field.
      My issue is the fact that he sh*t on us, and then did it again, even threatening at one stage to go on strike if we didn't sell him to Arsenal, and forcing us to go to arbitration over his alleged release clause, then agreeing personal terms with Barca before they had even spoken to us.

The way I see it he wanted a move to Arsenal but was later talked out of it by Gerrard who told him to wait 1 more season.

He gave us a great season which nearly led to big things and then the season after he got his move.

Bite or no bite in the world cup, he had outgrown us and was moving on.

We need that reaction from Coutinho now. It's a big year for him with the world cup coming up and with us in the Champion's League. Pretending to be injured or ill is not going to get him very far and to be honest he's probably well aware now that he needs to make amends.

Suarez was not perfect but when it mattered he gave everything to us to try and win games.

Quick Reply