Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 101830 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #184: Aug 29, 2017 01:00:24 pm
      Sky reporting that Monaco have made a move for Turan.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #185: Aug 29, 2017 01:08:10 pm
      Does seem like we're getting the right noises from Monaco. Apparently they want £92m, granted £75m isn't that close when you think it's a whole £17m! off, but it seems close in football terms, throwing in a make-weight they want. Perhaps we give them a £15m option to buy Origi or something therefore valuing Origi at £30m, splitting the difference to round it up to £90m, works all day that! :D

Do we know for sure he's a makewieght in loan terms? No one has explicitly said whether it's a loan or sale but a sale would make more sense for all parties.

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago

"Monaco want Lemar to stay but we are told every player has his price. The player wants a move but is not kicking up a fuss," says @SkyKaveh

Definately edging closer.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #186: Aug 29, 2017 01:09:23 pm
      It seems that he is a good player but I don't like the idea of our club spending so much money on a player.

Deals like Mane and Mane are what we need.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #187: Aug 29, 2017 01:11:03 pm
      It seems that he is a good player but I don't like the idea of our club spending so much money on a player.

If only we could just keep signing Mane after Mane. He must have some brothers somewhere.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #188: Aug 29, 2017 01:30:40 pm
      Do we know for sure he's a makewieght in loan terms? No one has explicitly said whether it's a loan or sale but a sale would make more sense for all parties.

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago

"Monaco want Lemar to stay but we are told every player has his price. The player wants a move but is not kicking up a fuss," says @SkyKaveh

Definately edging closer.

Oh, I honestly don't mind if it's a loan or sale. This might be our part of the negotiation that Monaco can squeeze just a little more out of us (or appear that way, we were probably willing to sell all along).
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #189: Aug 29, 2017 01:31:25 pm

Agree, it is bloody difficult to find another one of him though, can't blame the scouts too much. Perhaps have a moan at his parents for not having twins?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #190: Aug 29, 2017 01:33:29 pm
      Oh, I honestly don't mind if it's a loan or sale. This might be our part of the negotiation that Monaco can squeeze just a little more out of us (or appear that way, we were probably willing to sell all along).

I'd prefer a sale. I'd also prefer that we get this wrapped up quick like.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #191: Aug 29, 2017 01:37:05 pm

Putting Senegalese fertility to one side........it's the market mate.

Mane would be £60m+ from Southampton this season.

Happens every time one club spunks a world record fee on someone........
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #192: Aug 29, 2017 01:55:37 pm
      I don't understand this point of view, "As things stand currently we're not that much better than we were before."  We have an extra winger, Salah, so our attack gets an extra dimension, we have a proper new LB, Robertson, and a rejuventated one in Moreno. We have TAA and Gomez breaking into the team who if nothing else fills out the squad very nicely. We also have Solanke, Kent and Woodbourne who whilst young give us a few more options in the squad. The ONLY loss we've had is Lucas who whilst being a great servant to the club was really only an ok utility player, fairly ordinary at both CB and DM.
      So from my POV we are in every regard a far stronger team and squad this season and if we can secure VVD and Lemar then we are starting to look very very strong indeed.

But if you take off the rose tinted glasses for a second what we have is:

Salah - Absolutely, he has improved the first 11 and improved the squad. Couldn't agree more.

Robertson  - The lad has had one solid game in a red shirt, he looked good but lets not get too carried away just yet

Moreno a rejuvenated player - He might be rejuvenated but that doesn't mean he is any good or that he has improved. Two games in pre-season and a solid performance at the weekend which included a classic Moreno moment (see the clearance he should have put out but kicked low straight to an Arsenal player and then he nearly scythed him down in our area with a trademark Moreno kung-fu tackle. Fine lines in football but we wouldn't be talking about a rejuvenated player had he made contact and given away the penno)

As for Solanke, Woodburn, TAA, Kent, Gomez etc. Who knows. Last year we had Ejaria looking superb in pre-season but then he looked completely out of his depth when it came to competitive football in the season. A couple of these kids show real promise but it's foolish to rely on them.

Given that we will be playing a ton more football this season I am struggling to see how the current squad has improved. If anything (given the volume of football) we have to play it has actually gone backwards.

Also it is important to remember that the football we played this time last season (and for the opening 2 and a half months) was right up there with Sundays performance. But of course Jürgen and the squad hit a Wall in January, knackered, out of form and out of the title race by February only to recover with some dogmatic football during the run-in.

The squad is nowhere near as strong as it needs to be. We will be utterly relient on relatively unknown quantities such as Grujic, Woodburn, TAA and fringe players such as Origi & Klavan to ALL step up this  season. Meanwhile the mancs can bring on the likes of Martial, Carrick, Herrara, Young, Microphone Head and Smalling to change a game.   
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #193: Aug 29, 2017 01:58:08 pm

Why not mate? It's not your money, it's not mine. That's the market for top players and we need top players.

Given the net spend under Jürgen has been very low they can afford it.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #194: Aug 29, 2017 02:01:01 pm
      If he's good enough, he's cheap enough as far as I'm concerned....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #195: Aug 29, 2017 02:05:51 pm
      Why not mate? It's not your money, it's not mine. That's the market for top players and we need top players.

Given the net spend under Jürgen has been very low they can afford it.

Absolutely...especially if you figure we may end up getting close to 30m for Sakho and we'll get something out of Origi most likely. Factor in the way our Salah payments are structured and that we aren't paying any money for Keita till next year and really it's pocket change.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #196: Aug 29, 2017 02:06:13 pm
      Balde deal done.. so Lemar to pool and Coutinho to Barca it is then.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #197: Aug 29, 2017 02:10:14 pm
      He's surely more a replacement for Lemar than he is Mbappe?!

Yes, asMbappe's replacement they have already signed Jovetic.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #198: Aug 29, 2017 02:15:10 pm
      Agree, it is bloody difficult to find another one of him though, can't blame the scouts too much. Perhaps have a moan at his parents for not having twins?

My bad, I meant Salah and Mane.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #199: Aug 29, 2017 02:17:53 pm

Phil isn't going to Barca this window. Not sure why you think he is?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #200: Aug 29, 2017 02:19:49 pm
      If we were to sign Lemar & VVD this window, I'd be astounded (but pleased) if Coutinho didn't go.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #201: Aug 29, 2017 02:22:59 pm
      Phil isn't going to Barca this window. Not sure why you think he is?

Still in sleep mode, never set his alarm clock..

Wakey wakey.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #202: Aug 29, 2017 02:28:00 pm

Just joking with you, to be fair I assumed you meant Salah.

https://twitter.com/LilleyGazette/status/902517880595648512

Another hat thrown into the ring, no idea who their player is but at least we know Monaco want Origi.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #203: Aug 29, 2017 02:30:35 pm
      Man spurs always after our targets...
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #204: Aug 29, 2017 02:39:24 pm
      Just joking with you, to be fair I assumed you meant Salah.

https://twitter.com/LilleyGazette/status/902517880595648512

Another hat thrown into the ring, no idea who their player is but at least we know Monaco want Origi.

My guess would be Sissoko. 
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #205: Aug 29, 2017 03:08:23 pm
      Man spurs always after our targets...

And will probably end up getting him as we dilly about for another 3m!

On a serious note I just asked this French fella I work with about him as I didn't know anything about him. He really rates him, says he is strong, athletic fast and a great left foot (sounds like Bruno Cheyrou from years back!) so if true don't F**k about FSG and try and be smart pay it and move on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #206: Aug 29, 2017 03:10:42 pm

Quick Reply