Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.4%)
      James Milner
      4 (2.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (8.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      106 (72.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (11.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2018 09:36:49 pm

Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36129 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Re: Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Apr 24, 2018 10:04:52 pm
      Well nobody has in the CL so far.
      Stupid f**king subs cost us again tonight.
      Time after time.
      If the bench isn’t strong,f**king leave it there unless there’s injuries.
      Why on earth would you take off our potency and set us up with our most vulnerable set up ?
      F***ing madness !

You’re an annoying tit.

‘Cost us’? We F***ing battered them? You do know that right? To win 5 0 would have been a F***ing dream but it almost never happens at this stage of the competition and we have a massive advantage, so dog talk sh*t about ‘costing us’, because it would take a massive F**k up from here for us not to go through.
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #576: Apr 24, 2018 10:05:09 pm
      Don't know why there is so much panic...I've already said it will be 2-2 in the second leg.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #577: Apr 24, 2018 10:05:37 pm
      Klopp

" We are Liverpool we never do it easy"  :lmao:
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #578: Apr 24, 2018 10:05:44 pm
      Roma is a massive atmostphere to play against, it disables teams as much as Anfield does. Salah should have played to the 90. I really think Salah should be rested against Stoke now because he needs 90 in the second leg, a measure not needed if Klopp left Salah on and took 5-0. He's really ****** things up. Klopp is a good manager but he shown this last week he has some room to improve.

You are an asshole. Fuuuuuuuuuking clueless idiot. F***ing just go support Roma.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #579: Apr 24, 2018 10:08:20 pm
      Leading 5-0. That's a b***ard isn't it?

Loads talking about the Salah sub but that's over egging that moment to be honest. 5-0 and the whole crowd, everyone in red, even us at home, thought 'job done' and with the atmosphere being drained out after that fifth it just made the environment seem a little more benign, which given the extremities of hell Roma were in was probably like walking into Paradise. That fifth goal brought Anfield back from pandemonium to a holiday resort almost instantly. That was a bigger factor in allowing them to score 2 than the removal of Salah even though his benching did make us lose focus in attack.

BUT, the level of exploitation by Liverpool on Roma between 30 and 70 minutes was astonishing and something I never expected to see at this stage. Between that period we were ruthless, Roma useless. Roma were beaten similarly by Barcelona in the first leg of the quarters but everyone would have said just how unjust that scoreline was on Roma. Roma were unlucky to find themselves at 4-1 away to Barca. By contrast today, Roma were VERY lucky to find themselves just 5-0 down by 70 minutes. We've clearly got the space and quick movement to make something and a bit more behind their lines in Rome.

As for that first 30 minutes I can only think the extent of the rain really disrupted us. AOO's injury had me fearing the worst for the match - it's always a shellshock to fans to see one of your own be carried off on a stretcher and I seriously worried from that point on whether Roma would just twist the knife and kill the atmosphere and our game completely. But, I think, as the rain got less heavy we got a bit more steady on our feet and that beautiful touch and movement from Bobby and Mane (which ended in Mane blazing over) lit the blue touch paper. It was magnificent, for 40 minutes of that match, to see it all rain down in goals from that point on. But the last 10-15 minutes was a keen reminder that there is still naivety about this team and actually when Roma get it together they are a real bloody potent threat (as Karius almost found out to his embarrassment in that first half hour).

Anyhow - we're in this and we've put ourselves in a fantastic position regardless of the disappointment at the end. It's always that hindsight/circumstances dilemma. If you'd given me 5-2 before the start I'd have snapped your hand off. At 5-0 up though? Of course not. But, given that we had two perfect first legs against City and Porto beforehand, I suppose we were due something to mull over going into another second leg.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #580: Apr 24, 2018 10:08:51 pm
      We saw off City in both legs and people are losing it worrying about Roma. Oh what have we become?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #581: Apr 24, 2018 10:08:51 pm
      Well nobody has in the CL so far.
      Stupid f**king subs cost us again tonight.
      Time after time.
      If the bench isn’t strong,f**king leave it there unless there’s injuries.
      Why on earth would you take off our potency and set us up with our most vulnerable set up ?
      F***ing madness !

did you even notice we scored 5 and if you know anything about the history of this club we don't make things easy.
      The madness is thinking this isn't over as we will go to KIEV
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #582: Apr 24, 2018 10:08:56 pm
      blaming the subs won't wash...they re-grouped and came at us. Lovren lapsed again, they finished off a couple. We need to compete in the away leg. We are not going there to lie down.We will go thru to the final.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #583: Apr 24, 2018 10:10:50 pm
      Loads talking about the Salah sub but that's over egging that moment to be honest. 5-0 and the whole crowd, everyone in red, even us at home, thought 'job done' and with the atmosphere being drained out after that fifth it just made the environment seem a little more benign, which given the extremities of hell Roma were in was probably like walking into Paradise. That fifth goal brought Anfield back from pandemonium to a holiday resort almost instantly. That was a bigger factor in allowing them to score 2 than the removal of Salah even though his benching did make us lose focus in attack.

5-0 scorelines. They're a b***ard aren't they?

BUT, the level of exploitation by Liverpool on Roma between 30 and 70 minutes was astonishing and something I never expected to see at this stage. Between that period we were ruthless, Roma useless. Roma were beaten similarly by Barcelona in the first leg of the quarters but everyone would have said just how unjust that scoreline was on Roma. Roma were unlucky to find themselves at 4-1 away to Barca. By contrast today, Roma were VERY lucky to find themselves just 5-0 down by 70 minutes. We've clearly got the space and quick movement to make something and a bit more behind their lines in Rome.

As for that first 30 minutes I can only think the extent of the rain really disrupted us. AOO's injury had me fearing the worst for the match - it's always a shellshock to fans to see one of your own be carried off on a stretcher and I seriously worried from that point on whether Roma would just twist the knife and kill the atmosphere and our game completely. But, I think, as the rain got less heavy we got a bit more steady on our feet and that beautiful touch and movement from Bobby and Mane (which ended in Mane blazing over) lit the blue touch paper. It was magnificent, for 40 minutes of that match, to see it all rain down in goals from that point on. But the last 10-15 minutes was a keen reminder that there is still naivety about this team and actually when Roma get it together they are a real bloody potent threat (as Karius almost found out to his embarrassment in that first half hour).

Anyhow - we're in this and we've put ourselves in a fantastic position regardless of the disappointment at the end. It's always that hindsight/circumstances dilemma. If you'd given me 5-2 before the start I'd have snapped your hand off. At 5-0 up though? Of course not. But, given that we had two perfect first legs against City and Porto beforehand, I suppose we were due something to mull over going into another second leg.

Never thought job done. If WBA can take us from 2-0 to 2-2 then AS Roma can take us from 5-0 to 5-2.

Again its a sub that needs F***ing off and will probably now be fu**ed off in any game of importance ever again.

After the WBA debacle i was shitting it when it happened. Sadly so were our players.

Game over to game on no doubt about that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #584: Apr 24, 2018 10:11:04 pm
      Gerrard we need another top class defender, keeper and back up's from the bench.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #585: Apr 24, 2018 10:12:01 pm
      Well done Jürgen you know how to perform in a Cl final for this club I have faith in us doing t Roma what we did to City we like being underdogs.
      BRING IT ON
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #586: Apr 24, 2018 10:13:47 pm
      This Roma not WBA just beat Barcelona 3-0 so 5-2 is  result get with Jürgen's programme we are going to Kiev
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #587: Apr 24, 2018 10:13:48 pm
      I've got this really cracking looking girlfriend. We've been together for over 35 years. She's a bit mad, though, unpredictable. One minute she can be scintillating, exciting, and I feel I can take on the world with her. The next, she'll go cold on me, she'll get twitchy, and act a bit crazy for no apparent reason - and that makes me anxious. It's a rollercoaster ride with her. 

But boy is she worth it  ;D :kop5cf8koxp6:

'She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel'
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #588: Apr 24, 2018 10:13:53 pm
      Never thought job done. If WBA can take us from 2-0 to 2-2 then AS Roma can take us from 5-0 to 5-2.

Again its a sub that needs f**king off and will probably now be fu**ed off in any game of importance ever again.

After the WBA debacle i was shitting it when it happened. Sadly so were our players.

Game over to game on no doubt about that.

Stop shitting the bed mate we will be fine. Only reason Barca went out was because they have zero pace on the break.

Perfect situation for us just like v City.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #589: Apr 24, 2018 10:14:51 pm
      Damn, I just read there were a bunch of Roma fans using hammers and belts to attack us :( How fu**ed up is that, sickening.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #590: Apr 24, 2018 10:15:07 pm
      I don't and cannot blame Klopp for taking Salah out, it makes sense. We had won the game. But Lovren, again... what more can be said about him...
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #591: Apr 24, 2018 10:15:09 pm
      The only thing Klopp should look at now is playing klav Lord Klavan with VVD...Lovren just can't keep it together for 90 minutes..

Corrected it for you. ;)
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #592: Apr 24, 2018 10:15:36 pm
      Well done Jürgen you know how to perform in a Cl final for this club I have faith in us doing t Roma what we did to City we like being underdogs.
      BRING IT ON

Here..here...we go there in a position of strength. They have to come at us. If it's a shooting match we can match them. Absolutly no need for any panic. Stay strong, go there...battle it out...on to the final.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #593: Apr 24, 2018 10:16:24 pm
      blaming the subs won't wash...they re-grouped and came at us. Lovren lapsed again, they finished off a couple. We need to compete in the away leg. We are not going there to lie down.We will go thru to the final.

I think they only came back at us 'cause Mo went off, as for making anything happen Salah was key.
      My opinion only, they were sh*t scared of him and knew what he could do
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #594: Apr 24, 2018 10:17:09 pm
      People going on as if 3-0 to Roma is definitely going to happen. Yeah there's a chance of course but I just don't see how we won't score at least a  couple if Roma push forward like they have to. The last team that threatened to beat us 3-0 ended up losing 2-1.

Yes it was a frustrating last 10 minutes, and yes it does spark more questions about the likes of Lovren and Karius but we're still in a good position.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #595: Apr 24, 2018 10:18:06 pm
      The thought that we cannot score one goal or two against Roma seems irrational to me. We'll play the final :) :scarf:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #596: Apr 24, 2018 10:18:09 pm
      Gerrard we need another top class defender, keeper and back up's from the bench.

I would love if we signed Alderweireld. They need what, 40 mil?? Just splash it and he'll be the best right sided partner for Virgil

I much prefer to be in our position than Roma's

Exactly. One of the biggest reasons that helped Roma beat Barca was the latter's inability to defend from the front. Messi and Suarez hardly chased down their midfield letting them take control of the game and eventually the tie. Our front-3 DO NOT rest!!
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #597: Apr 24, 2018 10:19:16 pm
      They won't be popping the champagne corks in the Roma dressing room...nor will they think they can just roll us over. They know they were well beaten and are up against it. they will know they have a chance but they will have to play out of their skin and score the 3 and keep a clean sheet.

They won't be skipping back to Rome..

Quick Reply