Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 170788 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #483: Jun 09, 2018 08:35:05 pm
      Well...this is pretty awkward!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #484: Jun 09, 2018 08:38:36 pm
      I seriously hope Shaqiri isn't our plan b.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 841 
      Reply #485: Jun 09, 2018 08:39:27 pm
      This is where people cherry pick journos comments to fit their anti FSG agenda. Seen this one before.

I’m not worried, if anyone was running the club they would take precautions and measures to insure they are spending the right amount for a player that wouldn’t give them injury problems for the next 4-5 years. The fee you are paying for is 4-5 years not 1 year.

But I have a feeling fekir will be a Liverpool player and Aulas is being a d*ck
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #486: Jun 09, 2018 08:44:56 pm
      There has been So many rumours with what's going on or what's not going on with this  fekir    :f_tongueincheek:
      I need to lay down and increase my alcohol consumption.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #487: Jun 09, 2018 08:47:46 pm
      Not buying this knee bollocks.  Two reasons.

Lad's played 88 games in the last two seasons. 32 and 29 in the league last two seasons, and I've seen what they do in a Liverpool medical.  Strap electrodes on to them and feel their muscles.  :f_tongueincheek:

Lyon captain's a lot more available and injury free it seems than the actual Liverpool captain.

I'm also fairly sure this isn't the first time LFC have been interested in a player only for it to break down when it comes to handing over the money.

He's had pictures done in the Liverpool shirt FFS.  Club should just release them now to make a return to Lyon impossible for their owner.

As I said before, I much preferred the way they did the Fabinho transfer.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #488: Jun 09, 2018 08:49:55 pm
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #489: Jun 09, 2018 08:51:32 pm
      Funny how, in general, everyone agrees the twitter journos are full of sh*t and don't know a thing when reporting on deals prior to them being completed. Yet when we don't manage to close a deal, for whatever reason, what they say is suddenly the truth and we're a laughing stock or a joke again.

No one will ever know what had been agreed prior to these negotations or what has been said during the negotations the past few days. If we're pulling out, there will most likely be a damn good reason as to why. What if it's actually Lyon acting all big and trying to save their faces because they fu**ed up the deal or Fekir really has a crooked knee? Now they look good towards their fans and no one suspects it might be a medical issue because they've managed to retain their star player.

We brought in Mane, Wijnaldum, Salah, Fabinho, Robertson, Van Dijk and Keita. Every single one of them was a solid deal in terms of money paid, certainly in today's market. Perhaps giving the club the benefit of the doubt on this one and not jumping to conclusions wouldn't be all so bad.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #490: Jun 09, 2018 08:52:22 pm
      DanMann

• 5,788 posts | 892 
      Reply #491: Jun 09, 2018 08:52:51 pm
      Occasionally I check this thread to see what the latest bogus nonsense is that is being spouted by the ITK's.

It's been all very ridiculous so far. Even now, no-one has a clue what has gone on, or is going on, yet we continually read the latest "informed" opinion on what is happening.  ;D That Melissa girl is as bad as the rest of them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #492: Jun 09, 2018 08:53:09 pm
      Funny how, in general, everyone agrees the twitter journos are full of sh*t and don't know a thing when reporting on deals prior to them being completed. Yet when we don't manage to close a deal, for whatever reason, what they say is suddenly the truth and we're a laughing stock or a joke again.

No one will ever know what had been agreed prior to these negotations or what has been said during the negotations the past few days. If we're pulling out, there will most likely be a damn good reason as to why. What if it's actually Lyon acting all big and trying to save their faces because they fu**ed up the deal or Fekir really has a crooked knee? Now they look good towards their fans and no one suspects it might be a medical issue because they've managed to retain their star player.

We brought in Mane, Wijnaldum, Salah, Fabinho, Robertson, Van Dijk and Keita. Every single one of them was a solid deal in terms of money paid, certainly in today's market. Perhaps given the club the benefit of the doubt on this one wouldn't be all so bad.

We aren’t, they are the ones who put a stop to it!
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #493: Jun 09, 2018 08:54:51 pm
      Don’t think the deal was ever going to happen, think Lyon have played us...

Likely this. It's a price discovery process. He may go for more after the WC. So Liverpool have set a base price going into the WC. What they do is slap whatever premium to our benchmark price and there you have it. A fat transfer fee. Easy as it gets - additional dollars in Lyon's coffers.

Very intelligent. I don't think it's what our dealmakers wanted though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #494: Jun 09, 2018 08:57:13 pm

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp and Edwards, who travelled in Paris, were keen to complete the move before Fekir heads out with France for the World Cup in Russia.

Maybe Klopp finally met Fekir and thought he was a c**t and didn't want him? :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #495: Jun 09, 2018 09:05:34 pm
      Likely this. It's a price discovery process.

Interesting theory this.  After all we were interested in van Dijk for a rumoured £50M last summer. 

We managed to piss off the club, unsettle the player who then decided to put in a transfer request, go on a mini strike and 3 months later we ended up paying £75M!

Maybe we aren't quite the transfer geniuses.  Allowing Emre Can to leave for the square root of F**k all (and lets remember Arsenal got £35M for the Ox in a similar position) suggests we aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

Oh look - Jack Grealish is available!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #496: Jun 09, 2018 09:07:11 pm
      This is where people cherry pick journos comments to fit their anti FSG agenda. Seen this one before.

So what is my FSG agenda mate?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #497: Jun 09, 2018 09:07:35 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp and Edwards, who travelled in Paris, were keen to complete the move before Fekir heads out with France for the World Cup in Russia.

Maybe Klopp finally met Fekir and thought he was a c**t and didn't want him? :D
      Nah mate,Jürgen got on to the escargot and thought 'F**k that' the girls in the canny at melwood would wretch cooking that.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #498: Jun 09, 2018 09:12:07 pm
      Maybe we aren't quite the transfer geniuses.  Allowing Emre Can to leave for the square root of f**k all (and lets remember Arsenal got £35M for the Ox in a similar position) suggests we aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

Oh look - Jack Grealish is available!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Tell me about it. We paid £16m for Mario and were supposed to flip him for £40m, only to end up writing off the whole purchase. Nice gamble.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #499: Jun 09, 2018 09:16:49 pm
      Plan B anyone?
      Trust we have one that doesn't involve a Championship side that play in red and white stripes.

..... Next?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #500: Jun 09, 2018 09:20:50 pm
      The only logical explanation I see to this is that after he passed the medical we saw some sort of risk that, in the eyes of our transfer team and medicals, warranted a re-negotiation that would lead to the price being significantly dropped in order to take into account this risk.

This would explain why Lyon won't come out with an explanation because they obviously don't want Fekir's stock to drop. However, I don't what will be our version on this.

Anything else other than what I mentioned above is a huge clusterfuck that will make us look even worse than look at the moment. People still haven't forgotten the VVD saga and now this.

If what I mentioned is what happened then once again the mistake is on us. In these cases, you simply pull out of the deal and announce that the player failed the medical. You don't come back with a lower offer in order to get a better deal. What happens if we pay them 45m instead of 61m only to watch the guy get sidelined for the major part of his contract with us?

All in all, I can't imagine an explanation to all this from which we would pull out unscathed. One way or the other this is either majorly or totally on us. 

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #501: Jun 09, 2018 09:29:15 pm
      This is a strange one. I can assume we probably won't know the truth about what went wrong. I've seen reactions on Twitter ranging from "typical FSG lowballing!", to "hes too much of a risk with his injury record" ( which is strange considering Ox's injury record).
      IF his knee is that much of a problem, why is he a regular for Lyon?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #502: Jun 09, 2018 09:35:20 pm
      IF his knee is that much of a problem, why is he a regular for Lyon?
      And going to the Wold Cup.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #503: Jun 09, 2018 09:38:01 pm
      The only logical explanation I see to this is that after he passed the medical we saw some sort of risk that, in the eyes of our transfer team and medicals, warranted a re-negotiation that would lead to the price being significantly dropped in order to take into account this risk.

This would explain why Lyon won't come out with an explanation because they obviously don't want Fekir's stock to drop. However, I don't what will be our version on this.

Anything else other than what I mentioned above is a huge clusterfuck that will make us look even worse than look at the moment. People still haven't forgotten the VVD saga and now this.

If what I mentioned is what happened then once again the mistake is on us. In these cases, you simply pull out of the deal and announce that the player failed the medical. You don't come back with a lower offer in order to get a better deal. What happens if we pay them 45m instead of 61m only to watch the guy get sidelined for the major part of his contract with us?

All in all, I can't imagine an explanation to all this from which we would pull out unscathed. One way or the other this is either majorly or totally on us. 

I'm going with you on this.

We had enough with Sturridge @ only £12 mill missing more games than he played ... and he had a known history.

I think you are bang on.

There was an unacceptable risk and we weren't going to pay the mazoolahs that Lyon wanted.

Now all thats left is for Lyon to try win the fake news war to ... as you say .... keep his stock up.

F**k Lyon ...f**k the French ...we should play hardball and say it ..... medical didn't come up to scratch. Whether that is fake news or not.   ;D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #504: Jun 09, 2018 09:42:14 pm

Maybe a medical issue came up, and we spoke to our insurers and they said "yes we can cover that but it'll cost you £x million a year". So we want that cost factored in to the price.

Bottom line is we don't actually know what happened so blaming the club at this point is just venting frustration more than anything else.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #505: Jun 09, 2018 09:45:56 pm
      If the medical showed something, why was there supposedly leaks of him in a Liverpool kit? Why would we do the interview before clearing the medical? That makes no sense.

Quick Reply