Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Pre-Season 18/19

Read 93028 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Pre-Season 18/19
      Reply #391: Jul 22, 2018 11:00:24 pm
      Moreno getting skinned followed by the token Karius mistake

Pulisic skins most defenders Robbo would have had more joy against him though.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #392: Jul 22, 2018 11:00:42 pm
      How did we lose that? Thank feck it doesn't matter! Keita is going to be huge for us this season.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #393: Jul 22, 2018 11:01:07 pm
      It's only pre season
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #394: Jul 22, 2018 11:01:32 pm
      Fully fit defence - absolutely fine. Superb even? Once injuries happen then it could get ugly. You'd certainly not want VVD or Robbo to get injuries. It still amazed me how so many people don't realise just how unbalanced and wayward our defence is with Moreno at left back. In an ideal world, he'd be sold this summer. Sadly I doubt that will happen.

I think the majority realise mate, he has a few fans out there but most sh*te themselves every time he is in the team.

Bit of a smash and grab from them tbh. Our lads looked pretty sharp until we got to the penalty area. Solanke missed a sitter of a header (as he often does), Ojo really should have scored as well. Keira again looked the pick of the bunch. The game highlighted once again how far off the pace (and necessary quality) that Origi and Solanke are. Karius not covered himself in glory for their 2nd either.

Be good to get the likes of Sarah and Mane back for the next one vs City on Wednesday.
      Kopite78
      Reply #395: Jul 22, 2018 11:01:57 pm
      How did we lose that? Thank feck it doesn't matter! Keita is going to be huge for us this season.

Think we simply tired. Had Ojo taken that chance just before the pen we win it comfortably.
      We played Thursday, flew to the states and played Sunday. Last 20 we went flat
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #396: Jul 22, 2018 11:03:03 pm
      It's only pre-season I know but Solanke continues to be so unimpressive. And even Voronin used to look good on this type of games.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #397: Jul 22, 2018 11:03:05 pm

It is

but it is also a reflection of some players doing the same mistakes over and over again, even in competitive matches.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #398: Jul 22, 2018 11:03:23 pm
      Unfair scoreline as we missed so many chances. I only saw second half but Solanke is just utter crap, whilst Keita looks special.
      Oh and please just pay whatever the F**k Dortmund want for Pulisic, he is fantastic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #399: Jul 22, 2018 11:03:54 pm
      Think we simply tired. Had Ojo taken that chance just before the pen we win it comfortably.
      We played Thursday, flew to the states and played Sunday. Last 20 we went flat

Didn't think about that ;D. I just assume our players are robots, but yeah, come to think of it, tiredness no doubt came into it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #400: Jul 22, 2018 11:03:55 pm
      Dude, it’s a bunch of fat American fair weather fans.....a lot of them only there to see Pulisic.

A lot of American fans can't really 'do' football like British folk can they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oO2lGp-Meg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXoAKYXM-E
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #401: Jul 22, 2018 11:04:01 pm
      Remember when it was *very* difficult to improve on Loris Karius? That was a fun moment of collective insanity we just had here. Oh dear, thank god we have a sensible manager.

Aye mate, it's incredible just how many were jumping on that ludicrous bandwagon in here!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #402: Jul 22, 2018 11:05:29 pm
      1) Keita, Fabinho and lallana look awesome
      2) sign Pulisic now. What a player. Love watching him. Got a bit of everything needed to become world class
      3) I have finally and very reluctantly lost any remaining faith in Karius.
      4) only preseason and we were fairly good and many players on the edges of the team or match day squad did well
      5) once we get all the boys back from their holidays and working together, we could, could have one hell of a premier league title challenging team.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #403: Jul 22, 2018 11:05:35 pm
      When does the pre-season 'child's play' turn to the pre-season warm up proper?

Half these lads won't be anywhere near the 1st team, so it doesn't matter ultimately, but hopefully soon we will start playing our real team and get them accustomed to playing with each other.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #404: Jul 22, 2018 11:06:39 pm
      Good run out for the boys, nothing more than a game to get the fitness up to match levels.

Firmino, Salah and Mane on the pitch and it would have been double figures.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #405: Jul 22, 2018 11:08:49 pm
      Ian Darke really is a snide c**t isn't he?

He is a blathering jackass.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #406: Jul 22, 2018 11:10:36 pm
      1) Keita, Fabinho and lallana look awesome
      2) sign Pulisic now. What a player. Love watching him. Got a bit of everything needed to become world class
      3) I have finally and very reluctantly lost any remaining faith in Karius.
      4) only preseason and we were fairly good and many players on the edges of the team or match day squad did well
      5) once we get all the boys back from their holidays and working together, we could, could have one hell of a premier league title challenging team.

Nice roundup lester.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #407: Jul 22, 2018 11:11:51 pm
      Good run out for the boys, nothing more than a game to get the fitness up to match levels.

Firmino, Salah and Mane on the pitch and it would have been double figures.

Yes but the sloppiness in front of goal from the second string persists, we created more than enough chances to easily win that, the difference in the end was one very good attacking player, Pulisic.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #408: Jul 22, 2018 11:17:13 pm
      There would be no chance of Dortmund selling Pulisic this season. Based on tonight they'd be relegated without him 😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #409: Jul 22, 2018 11:19:30 pm
      You expect some dropoff from your first choice keeper to your backup, but you don't want it to be quality falling off a cliff. At some point it will be smart to give the first choice keeper a break (or a change will be necessary). When that happens you don't want the entire team, staff and fanbase trembling, practically knowing a bad mistake is coming.

I know it's unfair in a sense, but the fair where I live is over. The club need to address this, one way or another.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #410: Jul 22, 2018 11:35:28 pm
      Just seen that Karius replay..  :f_wah:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #411: Jul 22, 2018 11:36:35 pm
      Just seen that Karius replay..  :f_wah:

Happy with how Sturridge has been performing, Dan? Do you think he can stay fit and become a vital cog in our team?
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #412: Jul 23, 2018 12:00:03 am
      Can’t wait for the season to start. The lack of intensity in these games just doesn’t do it for me. Watching a few minutes of the game reminded me why I stopped watching all-star games a few years ago. It’s just a glorified practice.

The main and perhaps only thing I care about in preseason is avoiding injuries so it’s unfortunate Matip already went down. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and he can recover quickly. If he’s out, with Lovren already probably missing the first couple of games after arriving late from his holiday we’d be starting the season already a bit thin in defense.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #413: Jul 23, 2018 12:22:59 am
      Happy with how Sturridge has been performing, Dan? Do you think he can stay fit and become a vital cog in our team?

I've only caught highlights of recent games, and then watched today intermittently with my stream stop-start.

Going by what others have said, it does sound positive. Hopefully he feels he has the chance to reinvent himself into our side. I think his determination will be dependent on the message from Klopp. Previously Klopp has indicated that Sturridge was worthless to him, and there was no chance for him. Perhaps that message has changed.

If we had a fit Sturridge, that would be a huge surprise not only for ourselves.. but for our rivals. It would be a massive boost.

But, his fitness is anyone's guess. As much as I love the guy, he really is walking on thin ice with his body. Could go any time and that's the unfortunate reality.

Quick Reply