Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      5 (4.6%)
       Fabinho
      33 (30.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      58 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Jan 11, 2019 09:37:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33809 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 07, 2019 09:56:31 pm

don't you know what a treble is we have achieved more than one treble
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1667 
      Reply #691: Jan 07, 2019 09:56:57 pm
      Think Fabino could easily cover CB position if required. That's two on a spin but can understand the changes . The disappointing thing is the so called senior fringe players who once again have failed to turn up and again show they need to leave . Origi, Sturridge, Mignolet and Moreno go please. Keita also a worry so far
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Wolves V Liverpool
      Reply #692: Jan 07, 2019 09:57:02 pm
      What you are saying is your opinion simple as that

Klopp has already that people wont arrive

And it seems he actually rate a young kid instead of wasting 40/50mil on a CB to sit on the bench.

So what you are say is that once he says something he can not change his mind...?
      In this set of circumstances he should change his mind, and the owners should stand behind him... This could very well be a season breaker for us and the club

Do you honestly thing that Klopp would start Hoever against Bayren...?? Are you really that naive..?

Let me ask you a question... Forget about what you think klopp will do. The question is this... Given that we have the injuries we have with the CB, and that we  may only have one CB fit enough to start in the first Leg of the CL match v.s Bayern Munich, and more important before that we have five Premier League game and may only have VVD and Fab' as a full in CB Do you feel we need another CB  Forget about the money Do you feel we need another CB  ...??
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,358 posts | 1536 
      Re: Live: Wolves V Liverpool
      Reply #693: Jan 07, 2019 09:57:11 pm
      Said it before many times. Don’t underestimate the opposition.
      Strongest side, get it won, then rest players.
      When will he f**king learn, rotation is ok for 2-3 players max, but seven !
      Just totally disjointed the whole set up.
      It’s not like it hasn’t happened before, Sturridge and Moreno gotta go. Origi scored with a snapshot which papers over his inadequacies.
      Not good enough at this level.
      Not sure if Shaqiri really wanted to be a part of it till Mo and Bob came on. Migs it seems gives everyone the jitters.
      We deffo need to buy in jan for more quality cover.
      16 yr old debut. Star of the future. The near future.
      Naby, clearly a talent but gotta power into these games, not leave the responsibility to someone else.
      Fab is just Fab.
      The rest just quite ordinary, mediocre, below par, Off form, whatever you want to call it, just not good enough at this level.
      Thought this was gonnabe a tough game, Jürgen seemed to do his best to hand it to them.
      Perhaps he’s thinking we’ve got a better chance of winning the Prem without the distraction of the cups, but values the CL above the FA, and rightly so, but I think we should go full on for all comps.
      Piss poor side against Chelsea in LC as well until it was too late.
      Thought he might have learnt from that.
      You may have guessed, I am f**king fuming.
      It’s like we laid down.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #694: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:01 pm
      We don't have enough depth for 3 cups

No club does it's extremely rare to win a domestic double and CL in one season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #695: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:13 pm
      Fair comment, but as you say Fab was in diffo position, one which I hope we dont see again. what I've seen, he has started to exel in CM

it was his attitude I liked. Not his favoured position but this man decided he was going to give his best and I like that shows great character. Not happy with Shaq he really didn't show too much at all.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,199 posts | 1100 
      Reply #696: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:22 pm
      Moreno and Studge gotta go. Would rather have shipped Moreno permanently and kept Clyne on the bench. Jones showed he isn't ready. If Lallana didn't play because of a loan move in the pipeline we need to think twice, id rather have Lallana over Kieta on the bench on current form. Feel bad for the kids who won't get first team look now till next season because of this loss, which they didn't have much to do with. Having said all that, I will be over this game if Wolves get a top 5 team in the draw.

I’ll be over it with a 3-0 win on Saturday and a City draw. The league is ours for the taking mate. Just stay healthy and keep foucused on that my dude. Whether good or bad, these lower cup games are a distraction. We have 1 other tournament to play and City have 3. This could help us
      Jimsouse67

• 9,506 posts | 1484 
      Reply #697: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:29 pm
      2001 you F***ing whopper
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,869 posts | 165 
      Reply #698: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:57 pm
      We're a bit of a wounded animal now, can see Brighton getting thumped.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #699: Jan 07, 2019 10:00:00 pm
      I thought a big part of the problem tonight was the shape and lack of movement of our attacking players. Origi kept coming very deep looking for the ball - he was just on front of the back-four or at left-back on some occasions he was so deep. This then meant that when we won possession the shape wasn't there and there were limited options for the player with the ball. The younger players are learning and have bags of potential but their positional naivety showed quite a few times, also limiting options for players on the ball. Our senior players needed to do more but its tough when you're not playing regularly - Origi was coming deep because he's desperate to impress and to play more regularly.

We have been unlucky with the cup draws - Chelsea in the League Cup and a Premier League side who have beaten Chelsea and Spurs in the FA Cup. I do think Klopp got it right - he's given three younger players some vital first team experience which will help their development. The majority of our top players have had a rest and should be fresher for the next league game.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #700: Jan 07, 2019 10:00:23 pm
      You can tell the fizz has gone out of the champagne when people start remembering the transfer window has just opened :D

180 minutes of football ago everyone was sure we were going to win the league. Now it's all, Klopp must buy in January!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #701: Jan 07, 2019 10:00:38 pm
      Jürgen not interviewed tonight....hmmm .
      I think this may just show Jürgen some players do not have that winning streak that is needed to succeed at a club like Liverpool.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #702: Jan 07, 2019 10:00:39 pm
      So do we concentrate on the League and sack the Champions League off, as some ex Liverpool players have been suggesting! Putting all your eggs in one basket is a dangerous game, just putting it out there!
      DanMann

• 5,775 posts | 889 
      Reply #703: Jan 07, 2019 10:01:21 pm
      Same names being blurted out regardless of performance yet again.

What did Mignolet do wrong tonight?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,289 posts | 4938 
      Reply #704: Jan 07, 2019 10:01:31 pm
      Jürgen not interviewed tonight....hmmm .
      I think this may just show Jürgen some players do not have that winning streak that is needed to succeed at a club like Liverpool.

He definitely will have done an interview.

Just we have to get the news at 10pm or the world will end.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #705: Jan 07, 2019 10:01:53 pm
      I'm gutted to be out.

I hate losing games but a I don't see how some of you lot see this as having this great effect on the next league game.

A game that will have pretty much an entire different team playing.

Don't like it either Si and I really struggle to see how Jürgen could have done anything different. We've just come out of a fairly intense December period and many of our players have needed the rest to keep us fresh for the business end of the season. It won't be long before we're potentially playing two games a week like it was last season from February onwards.

He took a risk in playing teenagers and the likes of Moreno and Mignolet but it's one he had to take. Yeah - it backfired but that's football.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,660 posts | 489 
      Reply #706: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:00 pm
      Shame on Klopp. Why bring on Salah and Firmino with only 20 mns to go. Liverpool won't win the league. In fact Brighton will beat Liverpool. Because Klopp is too arrogant.

Good , now F**k off from where you came.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #707: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:04 pm
      Wolves get Stoke/Shrewsbury ;D had we won it would have been the bitters. ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,695 posts | 3935 
      Reply #708: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:17 pm
      Let’s all agree right now that Sturridge had a chance to shine and ended up playing a 2/10.

I love Milner but he was poor, and don’t get me started on Keita.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #709: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:18 pm
      CB really concerns me. VVD aside we have three really injury prone CBs and a 16 year old.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #710: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:31 pm
      Don't know why people are so mad, our chances of winning the league have increased. Spurs and City have extra games. They both have PL opposition and eventually they'll face eachother. We have serious problems at CB right now anyway.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #711: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:35 pm

1984 wasn't bad either mate

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,289 posts | 4938 
      Reply #712: Jan 07, 2019 10:02:42 pm
      So do we concentrate on the League and sack the Champions League off, as some ex Liverpool players have been suggesting! Putting all your eggs in one basket is a dangerous game, just putting it out there!

I don't think we have to but this season as a one off I wouldn't be annoyed if we did put our eggs in the league basket.

You could try and win both and still come up short anyway.

Quick Reply