Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      16 (11.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      37 (26.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      52 (37.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2019 04:54:48 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31566 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jan 19, 2019 05:18:48 pm

...and Zaha would be worth any pence for he's PL proven. I'd even cash out VVD-like money for him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #599: Jan 19, 2019 05:19:46 pm
      His goal celebration was a bit muted as well. He was playing on the wrong side in the first half. And it could be he was told to play down the right, reverted by to his more natural position on the left and did well in the second half.
      I think it was because he knew that he just wasted two good chances to kill the game before that. It's far from being the first time too. I don't believe or support this ''he wants to score as much as Salah'' thing that some people got going, but my question is until when are you going to pull that s***?

We're winning 2-0 or 3-0 and you want to score okay I get it. The problem is that he pulls this crap regardless of the scoreline and how important the game is. Most people will forget about what he did because he scored today, but imagine this game ends up being 3-3 with him ignoring, on two occasions, teammates who would've had a tap in from where they were? Are we then brushing this nonsense under the rug same as we usually do?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1423 
      Reply #600: Jan 19, 2019 05:20:21 pm
      Yeah, I'm not going to put the boot in on Milner.  Hard job for him to do there against Zaha and he helped put us ahead with that cutback for our third goal.

He didn't have much choice with either tackle.  Gives him a couple of weeks break anyway and hopefully he won't be needed at right back again.

One game ban for 2 yellows..his next game could be 2nd Feb..2 weeks off. Book a cruise down the Leeds/Liverpool canal Jim..
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #601: Jan 19, 2019 05:20:43 pm
      Yeah, I'm not going to put the boot in on Milner.  Hard job for him to do there against Zaha and he helped put us ahead with that cutback for our third goal.

He didn't have much choice with either tackle.  Gives him a couple of weeks break anyway and hopefully he won't be needed at right back again.

Exactly, honestly i was sad looking at him coming off the pitch. I was screaming at why no one covered him, otherwise he wouldn't have to make take desperate tackle. He gave his all in this match. Simply motm for me.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #602: Jan 19, 2019 05:20:47 pm
      ...and Zaha would be worth any pence for he's PL proven. I'd even cash out VVD-like money for him.

oh here we go a player has a good game playing for a relegation side and we need  to sign him. He isn't good enough for a top side end of story
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #603: Jan 19, 2019 05:20:59 pm
      Well played today. But why aren't they top half of the table? If they're that consistent, they'll be top 6 easily if they play this way.

They could be so much better and much further up the league with a proper continental manager at the helm. But we've learnt that you deserve to be mid table mediocrity if you continue to employ dinosaurs as they do on a consistent basis as we were when he was managing us.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #604: Jan 19, 2019 05:21:24 pm
      Is Matip even fully fit? I can’t help but think Clyne would have handled Zaha better. Just speculation though

It's not a fitness issue, he's just sh*te. Surely we have kids with more backbone and more talent than Matip? Truly awful defender.

Don't think Klopp should have sent Clyne out on loan, but now unlucky is he? Trent gets injured and now Milner missing some games!

I know Salah bagged two but was happy to give my MotM to Henderson. Thought he played really well.

Should Alisson have done better with Palace's third?

Gutted we conceded 3. Gutted. But that's what happens when you are missing two first-choice defenders.

Didn't think I'd see the Pickford error so soon.

Take comfort in just how much this result is going to do City, United, Chav and blueshite fans' heads in.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #605: Jan 19, 2019 05:22:33 pm
      It's not a fitness issue, he's just sh*te. Surely we have kids with more backbone and more talent than Matip? Truly awful defender.

Take comfort in just how much this result is going to do City, United, Chav and blueshite fans' heads in.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

What the F**k are you talking about? Yeah Matip wasn't great today but he's done a solid job of deputising when others have been injured this season.
      CINERE KOPITES
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 196 posts | 29 
      • CINEREDS est. 2017
      Reply #606: Jan 19, 2019 05:22:42 pm
      what a massive 3 points, what a relief, we're still on top!,  but big warning to our defense..
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019 07:21:14 pm by CINERE KOPITES »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #607: Jan 19, 2019 05:25:18 pm
      Absolutely! I was only telling my son toward the end of the game, the number of times I saw Utd losing 0-1 only to end up scoring a couple of goals in next to no time was sickening.

That's how City and them must be feeling right now.

I'm still wiped out after that 90 mins but that's the kind of game that wins titles.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #608: Jan 19, 2019 05:27:57 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about? Yeah Matip wasn't great today but he's done a solid job of deputising when others have been injured this season.

because its the internet mate and everyone has an opinion. Matip has been out for weeks so lets not cut him any slack despite him wearing a Red shirt .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #609: Jan 19, 2019 05:28:17 pm
      About time our front 3 bailed out our defence :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #610: Jan 19, 2019 05:30:54 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #611: Jan 19, 2019 05:31:23 pm

He wasn't that bad
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #612: Jan 19, 2019 05:32:00 pm
      Banjaxed, what a 2nd half.
      Palace put it up to us, they can be good on their day, but yet again we dug deep.
      Proud of the manager and the lads.
      Wont cruise thro every game, need to show real character some weeks and we are doing that.
      Keep it up ta f**k lads!
      And Milly, f**k the red card, Im good with it and the effort today 😊
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #613: Jan 19, 2019 05:32:48 pm

My mate messaged me saying we were lucky and it’s another game we’ve scraped a win...well, I bet if a scraped win vs Palace was on offer for City last month then they’d have bitten your hand off for it.

I’m expecting to see Milly get a lot of flak and hear the same old Clyne this Clyne that, when in truth Matip was utterly horrific all game and the first goal is on him IMO. The red card for Milly was unavoidable too, I can’t remember who it was but they played an under hit pass to nobody and then Bobby just let it roll past him, what Milly supposed to do? Let them pick up the loose ball and exploit the space? No chance, sometimes you have to take the hit when a team mate has stitched you up with a god awful pass.

Agreed. We weren't lucky, we created the luck ourselves. We played it too tidy without creating anything, palace did the same but they scored. When we started, firing from all directions, attacking options and approach at random, palace struggled and we scored a few.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #614: Jan 19, 2019 05:32:59 pm
      Well the amount of times our defence has bailed out our attack this season, I think they were due a return in the favour don't you?

Not every game this season were we going to have the defensive display we expect regardless of how outstanding they've been this season.

Accept that and you whining morons might enjoy this win a little bit more.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #615: Jan 19, 2019 05:34:14 pm
      Yes please mate
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #616: Jan 19, 2019 05:34:17 pm
      Thought the first. Milner yellow was harsh myself. Nuts game. Palace pretty much scored with every attempt at goal. Hope fab is okay
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #617: Jan 19, 2019 05:35:07 pm
      Just sweating on Fab right now.

11 days until our next game. Rest.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #618: Jan 19, 2019 05:38:36 pm
      because its the internet mate and everyone has an opinion. Matip has been out for weeks so lets not cut him any slack despite him wearing a Red shirt .

No, I think he's sh*te. Simple as that. Full fitness Matip is sh*te, half fitness Matip is sh*te, no match fitness Matip is sh*te. I simply think he's sh*te. OK? Got it? Opinions. We all have them.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #619: Jan 19, 2019 05:38:58 pm
      Glad this big banana skin is out of the way.
      Harrisimo

• 8,394 posts | 1423 
      Reply #620: Jan 19, 2019 05:39:12 pm
      Against teams playing packed defence the way Palace did in the first half, we have to stretch the play. It was so congested down the right in the first half. Down this left hand side, we know Robbo is a great overlap full back, but he's not a winger. But he had nobody to work with.

He was laying it back to VVD, Keita drifted over to the right as the half progressed. It was better in the second half but to unlock these defences we have to stretch the play.

Quick Reply