Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 33779 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #414: Apr 29, 2019 07:15:36 am
      If Cardiff best Palace and Arsenal do the same at home against Brighton this weekend then Brighton needs a result against City.
      Kopite78
      Reply #415: Apr 29, 2019 07:26:52 am
      The fat lady is getting ready to sing..

Hopefully she'll drown you out
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #416: Apr 29, 2019 07:49:39 am
      Breaks your heart

Looking at those cu*ts run ins they had

Crystal Palace
      Spuds
      Mancs
      Burnley and
      Leicester to come

All tough games and they f**king won every one of them, can't believe it, just f**king shattered and miserable. Not one of those c**t teams had the balls to take it up to City. Looks like we are the only Team in the league not afraid of them.

All we can hope is that Vardy continues his stunning form, he now has 10 goals in his last 9 matches. Let's hope he has 13 or 14 by the end of the 10th match.

For me it really is the last chance as no way Brighton are getting anything off them on the final day.
      Been a fantastic year but so annoying if we were to miss out on any trophies this season. So near every year to winning something. We need to get this monkey off our back of not winning anything only a league cup in past 13 seasons. We have deserved so much more. If its not the pl please let the football gods shine on us in Europe.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #417: Apr 29, 2019 07:54:50 am
      If Cardiff best Palace and Arsenal do the same at home against Brighton this weekend then Brighton needs a result against City.
      Palace beat Cardiff or be a draw
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #418: Apr 29, 2019 08:03:30 am
      Its easy to pick out certain games and say we could have done better,but there have also been games where we have had a good slice of luck,it evens itself up at the end of the season,we will finish with 90 plus points,so an amazing effort by the players,and its not over yet,Leicester are playing well,and will be no walkover for city.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #419: Apr 29, 2019 08:19:09 am
      Chris wood had a clear a chance as any other in yesterday game. He was clean through pick your spot n score. Awful touch. Ederson though is Usain bolt off his line the whore. I noticed aguero doing his interview in Spanish. Apparently can't speak a word of English. Here six seven years and can't speak a word of English the dopey tw*t.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #420: Apr 29, 2019 09:04:21 am
      We have to take this to the last game at least. Im worried now we will mess up at newcastle and the poor old brendan will be guest of honor at the city title party.

After everything this season ... we cant just hand it to them. We have to take it to the last game when we play at the same time. Hopefully we score first which will make them panic and brighton dig in.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #421: Apr 29, 2019 09:18:42 am
      Exactly what more were they supposed to do they are basically a Championship level side fighting not to get relegated every season. How Dyche keeps keeping them up is miraculous in itself.

They could have tried playing the ball out instead of just hoofing back to Citeh players time after time after time. They could have also been the usual tough tackling snide team they normally are against us. They defended well but they were not as physical as I would have hoped for, definitely not 100% effort but a decent attempt from them, certainly better than Manure or Palace who just rolled over.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #422: Apr 29, 2019 09:31:19 am
      Chris wood had a clear a chance as any other in yesterday game. He was clean through pick your spot n score. Awful touch. Ederson though is Usain bolt off his line the whore. I noticed aguero doing his interview in Spanish. Apparently can't speak a word of English. Here six seven years and can't speak a word of English the dopey tw*t.

Yeah I noticed that with Aguero, but in another interview on Sky he spoke ok'ish English, really weird. I'd be shocked if he didn't speak good English by now, superb player, incredible consistency.

As for our campaign, it has been sensational and we will be even better last season. My only grumble is the Utd away game where we failed to go for the jugular, we started safe and didn't switch it up after they had all their injuries. The Leicester and West Ham draws were games where we were a bit below par and the others teams had fantastic games. I really can't think of any really bad games we had this season, it has been phenomenal! Now lets hope for Brendan's Leicester to get at least a draw and the way they are playing I would not bet against them and let us focus on winning all our remaining games, starting on Wednesday.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #423: Apr 29, 2019 09:37:08 am
      The stats defy logic, 91 points and still not top. It's been our best ever season and still may not be enough. But I don't care how well City have played or their credentials, if they win, they would have bought the league. We're competing against not one top class City team, but two. They can genuinely field two teams capable of winning the league, and we've gone toe to toe with the petro gazillions of the Middle East.

If they go onto win it, I think it's a monumental failure of UEFA in allowing the likes of City to so flagrantly manipulate the system to get away with assembling the most expensive squad in the history of the game against FFP. If we win it, I think it will be the hardest and most deserved league title in the premier league era.

I used to think that if City win this, then they deserve it but I've changed my mind about this. I hope, for the sake of future of football they don't. We all understand money talks these days and accept it as reality. But what has gone on at City over the past few years is nothing short of grotesque and it is destroying football.

Rant over!
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #424: Apr 29, 2019 09:58:13 am
      If they go onto win it, I think it's a monumental failure of UEFA in allowing the likes of City to so flagrantly manipulate the system to get away with assembling the most expensive squad in the history of the game against FFP.

Nothing wrong with "manipulating the system". In fact I hack all the stats in football manager too. I have a 100% record under the name of John Aldridge. I bought up every top player at the lowest price and wage possible too! The key is to save game and experiment with to get the best possible outcome. And only save game when the desired outcomes are achieved. And I'm using Tranmere mind you! Which makes me the worst loser ever possible. Get my drift?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #425: Apr 29, 2019 10:16:27 am
      If City win their final 14 games then of course they deserve the title.  If we had won our final 14 games either this season, or even back in 2013/14 we'd have won both titles.

We played Man City twice this season and we drew at Anfield and they beat us away. 

You can look at who lost to Leicester or who drew against Leicester or any other debate about whether its better to have 4 defeats or 7 draws but basically they won out over our two head to heads and that is currently the deciding factor.

LFC v the other 18 teams in the league 90 pts
      Man City v the other 18 teams in the league 88 pts

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts
      +13
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #426: Apr 29, 2019 10:30:35 am
      Nothing wrong with "manipulating the system". In fact I hack all the stats in football manager too. I have a 100% record under the name of John Aldridge. I bought up every top player at the lowest price and wage possible too! The key is to save game and experiment with to get the best possible outcome. And only save game when the desired outcomes are achieved. And I'm using Tranmere mind you! Which makes me the worst loser ever possible. Get my drift?

Except we're not playing a computer game.

Although I take the sentiment, and I agree that manipulating the system has been a part of the game since year 0, the level of flagrant disregard of FFP has reached crazy levels. City's squad is now worth over £ 1 bn - a first in the history of the game. Their turnover is £500m (a figure in itself is questionable given the size of their global following) compared to Real's £750m turnover, yet there is a difference of around £200m in the value of both squads. Gap is even bigger for Barca.

I accept manipulation as par for the cause and money will always play a major factor - there is nothing wrong with that, but there should be a limit. Call me old fashioned, but I want skills on the pitch, management and all round passion around the club to win the league...not a skillful accountant.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #427: Apr 29, 2019 10:33:22 am
      Except we're not playing a computer game.

Although I take the sentiment, and I agree that manipulating the system has been a part of the game since year 0, the level of flagrant disregard of FFP has reached crazy levels. City's squad is now worth over £ 1 bn - a first in the history of the game. Their turnover is £500m (a figure in itself is questionable given the size of their global following) compared to Real's £750m turnover, yet there is a difference of around £200m in the value of both squads. Gap is even bigger for Barca.

I accept manipulation as par for the cause and money will always play a major factor - there is nothing wrong with that, but there should be a limit. Call me old fashioned, but I want skills on the pitch, management and all round passion around the club to win the league...not a skillful accountant.

Thanks for your encouragement. Means I'm not the worst loser then. :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #428: Apr 29, 2019 10:38:01 am
      If City win their final 14 games then of course they deserve the title.  If we had won our final 14 games either this season, or even back in 2013/14 we'd have won both titles.

We played Man City twice this season and we drew at Anfield and they beat us away. 

You can look at who lost to Leicester or who drew against Leicester or any other debate about whether its better to have 4 defeats or 7 draws but basically they won out over our two head to heads and that is currently the deciding factor.

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts

I was thinking about this too.

So basically in a head to head, one team takes 3 points, which leaves the other team with zero. Outside of a head to head, both teams can grab one or three points if both don't lose. There's no preventing the other team from taking points.

A head to head therefore stifles the other team from gaining points on you. So this explains it. Very good analysis JD.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #429: Apr 29, 2019 11:13:39 am

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts

Exactly this! Painful reading too because any other time, I think we’d have won that match. Nothing fell for us that game. Kompany staying on the pitch, the winner from Sane going in the way it did and the line clearance. The epitome of bad luck.
      People will obviously point to the draws we’ve had since then, and rightly so because having taken the lead against Leicester and West Ham, we should have gone on to win, but even if the results had stayed the same since the City game, if we hadn’t lost to City then them draws would be viewed as more positively because we’d still be top.

To think, up until lat season, this points tally would have won us the league every other season. Typical isn’t it.

Ultimately it’s not how many games you lose or draw that wins you the league, it’s how many you win and as it stands, they’ve best us by 1.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #430: Apr 29, 2019 11:38:06 am
      There surely has to be a twist yet. In every close season there is. Iv heard a load about financial fair play and City breaking the rules. Now nothing fir a while. If this was a lower league team they be docked a dozen points already. Cos it city its a no no. Why can't they just hit them with a points ban. Fining them hardly going to worry multi multi billionaires. I wonder if Arabs hadn't took over where city be now trying to beat Rochdale at home in the Derby probably
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #431: Apr 29, 2019 11:50:04 am
      One loss & a draw for Citeh & I’ll be content with that..

Rodgers & Hughton..over to you..
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #432: Apr 29, 2019 11:54:52 am
      Thanks for your encouragement. Means I'm not the worst loser then. :lmao:

I would say apply your skills with your finances and tell me how you get on  ;)
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #433: Apr 29, 2019 11:59:22 am
      One loss & a draw for Citeh & I’ll be content with that..

Rodgers & Hughton..over to you..
      Wouldnt we all. Can't see Brighton doing anything ;D. Need win our two aswell. I see pep already on media calling for emptihad to be full on Monday. All the wee blue flags will be on the seats. Bank Holiday next Monday so everyone be off. They be booing every leicester touch. Kompany be getting away with his usual fouls. Any touch city players will go down demanding this and that. Iv noticed every decision against city pep onto the linesman or fourth official and City players are in refs ear. So next Monday I want leicester to go at them. Play like your life depends on it. Kompany can be caught out for speed so on you bike vardy. Come on you lovely blues(dark blues that is) 😂
      Harrisimo

• 8,421 posts | 1437 
      Reply #434: Apr 29, 2019 12:03:18 pm
      Is it delving into fantasy land to think Leicester could snatch an early lead. Burnley nearly did. Leicester beat City 2-1 at the King Power stadium on Boxing day. It's a long shot but a draw is not totally out of the question. Leicester have improved under Rodgers and he out to prove himself. He'll be looking for top 6/7 next season so I doubt he will go to City with sun tan lotion in his back pocket.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #435: Apr 29, 2019 12:12:37 pm
      The only way I can deal with this is if the almost inevitable happens is that we have only only 1point from our games with City... That's me having a hard time convincing myself , the only thing that will bring me round is big ears number 6, COME ON THE REDMEN
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #436: Apr 29, 2019 12:19:50 pm
      Klopp been so unlucky that he hasn't won anything with liverpool so far. Some of the big decisions in finals espically europa final against seville and them fuckers again city beating us on pens in league cup final. I'd be more than happy with old jugs ears coming back home. I'd rather win a 6th European Cup than a pl if I could just choose one. Champions league will always be the daddy.

Quick Reply