Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 33249 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #437: Apr 29, 2019 12:51:02 pm
      Klopp been so unlucky that he hasn't won anything with liverpool so far. Some of the big decisions in finals espically europa final against seville and them fuckers again city beating us on pens in league cup final. I'd be more than happy with old jugs ears coming back home. I'd rather win a 6th European Cup than a pl if I could just choose one. Champions league will always be the daddy.

Champions League will never be the daddy to me. You speak to any player worth his salt and the League overrides all other competitions. If i had to choose between number 6 and number 19 it would be 19 every time. Not because it has been so long since we've won the Title but because it is the ultimate test of ability, endurance and fortitude based over a 38 game Season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #438: Apr 29, 2019 12:54:48 pm
      If City win their final 14 games then of course they deserve the title.  If we had won our final 14 games either this season, or even back in 2013/14 we'd have won both titles.

We played Man City twice this season and we drew at Anfield and they beat us away. 

You can look at who lost to Leicester or who drew against Leicester or any other debate about whether its better to have 4 defeats or 7 draws but basically they won out over our two head to heads and that is currently the deciding factor.

LFC v the other 18 teams in the league 90 pts
      Man City v the other 18 teams in the league 88 pts

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts

Cracking post JD. As hard as it is to accept it is the undeniable truth. As painful as the three draw period against Leicester, West Ham and United was it has been a phenomenal effort from the lads and without 2 first team regulars for the majority of.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #439: Apr 29, 2019 01:01:23 pm
      Cracking post JD. As hard as it is to accept it is the undeniable truth. As painful as the three draw period against Leicester, West Ham and United was it has been a phenomenal effort from the lads and without 2 first team regulars for the majority of.
      They wouldn't won our head to heads if ref done his job and sent kompany off for a awful foul stopping salah going one on one.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #440: Apr 29, 2019 01:18:59 pm
      Lets just win Saturday and take it to the last day.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #441: Apr 29, 2019 01:26:40 pm
      If City win their final 14 games then of course they deserve the title.  If we had won our final 14 games either this season, or even back in 2013/14 we'd have won both titles.

We played Man City twice this season and we drew at Anfield and they beat us away. 

You can look at who lost to Leicester or who drew against Leicester or any other debate about whether its better to have 4 defeats or 7 draws but basically they won out over our two head to heads and that is currently the deciding factor.

LFC v the other 18 teams in the league 90 pts
      Man City v the other 18 teams in the league 88 pts

LFC v City 1pt
      City v LFC 4pts

and to think they won that match by a ball being 1cm away from being a goal and then somehow missing Salah in the clearance plus the ref inexplicably missing a foul on Salah which would have led to a straight red card. Kind of annoying, but in reality we've had plenty of luck this season, same as Citeh. Whoever wins will have deserved it and whoever comes second also deserves massive respect.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #442: Apr 29, 2019 01:32:46 pm
      Lets just win Saturday and take it to the last day.
      True and let's hope Cardiff beat palace. Arsenal beat Brighton and Brighton play like Brazil on the last day and guardiola is lying on the touchline sobbing into his cardigan.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #443: Apr 29, 2019 01:37:37 pm
      True and let's hope Cardiff beat palace. Arsenal beat Brighton and Brighton play like Brazil on the last day and guardiola is lying on the touchline sobbing into his cardigan.

I actually fancy Leicester to get a result against Citeh, they are exactly the kind of team they don't like, quick counter attacking and good at pressing the ball. They also have a pretty decent defence and good quick strikers.
      Citeh have looked a bit shaky for a while now and Spurs really should have won the league match against them and you could argue even Manure and Burnley could have got results with a bit more luck.

IF Leicester bring their A-game in a weeks time and Citeh are a little bit under par again then it could be very interesting.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #444: Apr 29, 2019 01:40:38 pm
      I actually fancy Leicester to get a result against Citeh, they are exactly the kind of team they don't like, quick counter attacking and good at pressing the ball. They also have a pretty decent defence and good quick strikers.
      Citeh have looked a bit shaky for a while now and Spurs really should have won the league match against them and you could argue even Manure and Burnley could have got results with a bit more luck.

IF Leicester bring their A-game in a weeks time and Citeh are a little bit under par again then it could be very interesting.
      N if kompany uses illegal tactics against vardy show him a nice red card ref.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #445: Apr 29, 2019 03:01:11 pm
      Klopp should offer a 10% rent increase if Rogers does the business for us.... 8)
      I'm in no doubt I'd want the PL title before the CL simply because it's been so long but I see both on a equal standing and if we do win the CL and miss out on the PL I'll still be absolutely over the moon

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #446: Apr 29, 2019 03:14:57 pm
      Should we just rename this the “barney73” thread?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #447: Apr 29, 2019 03:53:03 pm

;D
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #448: Apr 29, 2019 04:58:07 pm
      You just never know when a big result is going to turn in your favour. I remember back to 1976, when we trailed QPR by a point with three matches (of 42) to go.

They lost 3-2 at Norwich as we beat Stoke 5-3 at Anfield. We went on to take the title by a point (2 for a win back then). Our last match was against Wolves (3-1).

As things stand, of course, it's advantage Citeh, especially since they don't have a CL match this midweek.

But if ever a Liverpool team gave us reason to believe, it's this one.

YNWA
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #449: Apr 29, 2019 08:43:05 pm
      You just never know when a big result is going to turn in your favour. I remember back to 1976, when we trailed QPR by a point with three matches (of 42) to go.

They lost 3-2 at Norwich as we beat Stoke 5-3 at Anfield. We went on to take the title by a point (2 for a win back then). Our last match was against Wolves (3-1).

As things stand, of course, it's advantage Citeh, especially since they don't have a CL match this midweek.

But if ever a Liverpool team gave us reason to believe, it's this one.

YNWA

Remember it well, the budgies done us a huge favour, just like Leicester could.
      Ironically, if we were still under the old points system of 2 for a win and 1 for a draw, we would be sitting top of the league with the same amount of games played.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #450: Apr 29, 2019 08:57:10 pm
      So Bruce grobbelaar reckons were cursed  when it comes to the premier league as a witch doctor put a curse on anfield and he needs to piss. on the four goalposts to lift the curse😂. What's brucey smoking these days 😂😂
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #451: Apr 29, 2019 09:04:43 pm
      So Bruce grobbelaar reckons were cursed  when it comes to the premier league as a witch doctor put a curse on anfield and he needs to piss. on the four goalposts to lift the curse😂. What's brucey smoking these days 😂😂

Lmao, did he really say that???
      But seriously, god it seems like we are cursed with some
      Bad luck.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #452: Apr 29, 2019 09:43:33 pm

Lmao, did he really say that???
      But seriously, god it seems like we are cursed with some
      Bad luck.

i don't care what he has been smoking but get that witch doctor piss on the goal posts pronto

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #453: Apr 30, 2019 12:29:00 am
      No need.

We'll just win it with sheer skill, hard work, and a lot of class.

It might be this season or next, but if we carry on as we have been, it's a cert.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #454: Apr 30, 2019 10:20:15 am
      I actually fancy Leicester to get a result against Citeh.
      In fairness, you've pretty much fancied EVERYONE to get a result against City the last month or so...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #455: Apr 30, 2019 10:28:09 am
      In fairness, you've pretty much fancied EVERYONE to get a result against City the last month or so...

Doesn’t make him a bad person ;)

In fairness Heimy and I don’t always see eye to eye but (credit where it’s due) he’s been a beacon of positivity this last month!
      Kopite78
      Reply #456: Apr 30, 2019 10:38:08 am
      Doesn’t make him a bad person ;)

In fairness Heimy and I don’t always see eye to eye but (credit where it’s due) he’s been a beacon of positivity this last month!

He has.

It's like someone else has his log in 😀
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #457: Apr 30, 2019 10:39:34 am
      He has.

It's like someone else has his log in 😀

As long as you’re throwing scraps into the basement to feed him now and again I’m good with that ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #458: Apr 30, 2019 10:48:13 am

This is true, but in fairness Spurs really should have won their match and I expected a bit more from both Man Utd and Burnley.

With Leicester you have a team who actually has something to play for, 7th place, and which is in very good form so yes I think they have a good chance of beating Man City, but it will need Leicester to play as well as they have been, plus have abit of luck, and Man City to be a bit below par, as they have been recently.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #459: Apr 30, 2019 10:55:11 am
      This is true, but in fairness Spurs really should have won their match and I expected a bit more from both Man Utd and Burnley.

With Leicester you have a team who actually has something to play for, 7th place, and which is in very good form so yes I think they have a good chance of beating Man City, but it will need Leicester to play as well as they have been, plus have abit of luck, and Man City to be a bit below par, as they have been recently.

Pretty sure Brodge has said he doesn’t want 7th and the issues around playing in Europa League  :(

Quick Reply