Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Tactics geeks of the world unite...

Read 167607 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,651 posts | 784 
      Re: Tactics geeks of the world unite...
      Reply #1081: May 21, 2024 06:09:30 pm
      Interesting tactics video from Pep Lijnders. Very insightful. A MUST WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qeWoZmZJQ
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2024 06:26:54 pm by PastorGeek »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #1082: Jun 12, 2024 10:49:31 am
      Just been thinking again about how we might line up under Arne. And given he favours a 4 2 3 1 I got thinking again about the wider adrea of the side going forward.

A fully fit and flying Robbo and a Trent back to being an attacking wide RB would allow us to play some of our forwards slightly inside and favours the likes of Salah and Gakpo.

Something along these lines.

Allison

Trent     Gomez     Konate     Robbo

Endo     DM?

Salah       MacAllister       Gakpo

Jota

A lot of ifs and buts and likely changes ahead but for me would be an exciting option.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,230 posts | 488 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1083: Jun 12, 2024 12:11:36 pm
      Just been thinking again about how we might line up under Arne. And given he favours a 4 2 3 1 I got thinking again about the wider adrea of the side going forward.

A fully fit and flying Robbo and a Trent back to being an attacking wide RB would allow us to play some of our forwards slightly inside and favours the likes of Salah and Gakpo.

Allison

Endo     DM?

Jota

A lot of ifs and buts and likely changes ahead but for me would be an exciting option.

Holy sh*t my eyes!!!! WTF is that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,311 posts | 4437 
      Reply #1084: Jun 12, 2024 02:17:50 pm

Allison

Endo     DM?

Jota

That right hand side looks very weak defensively, we know Trent will go walk about, no way Salah is doing much defensive work in this stage of his career and as for Endo covering with his pace!

We need a powerhouse DM, Emerson from Atalanta type of beast and maybe Bajcetic is fully recovered. Endo for me is a squad player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #1085: Jun 12, 2024 02:31:25 pm
      That right hand side looks very weak defensively, we know Trent will go walk about, no way Salah is doing much defensive work in this stage of his career and as for Endo covering with his pace!

We need a powerhouse DM, Emerson from Atalanta type of beast and maybe Bajcetic is fully recovered. Endo for me is a squad player.

Only added Endo to save putting 2 question marks and was really to start bit of debate.

Could be:

DM     DM

Szoboszlai      MacAllister      Jota

Salah

Although when you start discussing tactics for next season there is often more questions than answers at times.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #1086: Jun 12, 2024 07:58:21 pm

Allison

Endo     DM?

Jota

Such Virgil slander
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #1087: Jun 12, 2024 08:46:08 pm

;D

To be totally honest mate I threw that in to get a reaction for a bit of mischief.

Virgil starts next season 100%
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      Reply #1088: Jun 12, 2024 09:24:56 pm
      ;D

To be totally honest mate I threw that in to get a reaction for a bit of mischief.

Virgil starts next season 100%

As soon as I saw that I knew it wasn’t a serious line up.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      Reply #1089: Jun 13, 2024 09:59:32 am

Allison

Endo     DM?

Jota

NB: Team no longer available
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #1090: Jun 14, 2024 10:09:03 am
      I’d like to see Quansah given a go as one of the two DMs, alongside Endo or A N Other - maybe in pre season games. I think he’s got everything to be a classy DM as well as CB, and in a double DM set-up could be secure and effective with his forward runs and passing.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #1091: Aug 01, 2024 11:07:53 am
      I know that Slot wants us to play in the traditional Dutch way with lots of patient ball possession however, with players like Jota, Salah, Diaz and Nunez we are also built to play balls into space for them to run onto as well as being probably the best counter attacking team in the league for the past 7-8 years. I hope that the players have the freedom to play this way, particularly when the oppo are in a high press. There were several moments in the pre season game with Arsenal where we conceded possession deep in our half trying to play out when they were all over our lads. Allison and Kelleher are equally adept at clipping a ball out to the wing or over the top to beat the press. I hope that continues to be part of the team's ethos. Pace scares defences and keeps them honest, if they press too high you need to use it. If not, I can see us giving away some silly goals, particularly in the early part of the season.

I also though the Arsenal press was far more effective than ours during the game. They played through the LFC press quite easily.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 41,094 posts | 8980 
      Reply #1092: Aug 01, 2024 03:32:26 pm
      I also though the Arsenal press was far more effective than ours during the game. They played through the LFC press quite easily.

To be fair they had a stronger team.out in the first half. You can still see we're missing the last of the first teasers due back.
      Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1093: Aug 21, 2024 04:51:51 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,836 posts | 2255 
      Reply #1094: Aug 25, 2024 07:44:05 pm
      Early observations

- our press is a little bit half arsed, notice our fullbacks don’t get up the pitch so there is usually an out ball for the oppo

- but as a result we look defensively more solid. Trent has got pelters the last few years but he’s been playing like a winger and with Salah (not exactly the busiest defender) in front of him.

- because we don’t commit as many bodies forward we don’t look so dangerous as an attacking outfit. For example, we don’t see so many two on ones or overlaps from the fullbacks.

- Mac is a bit lost playing in the left of the midfield three. Honestly I’d much prefer Jones or Elliot come in for Grav and play him in the 6. He’s our best ball player, put him where he’ll see more if it!

Quick Reply