Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 490986 times
      IrishRed_IO, Norfolk Red and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 826 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4991: Jun 27, 2023 05:08:54 pm
      I think Van Dijk is going to start no matter what, unless we have unearthed the next Van Dijk in this window. Neither Matip or Gomez are good enough to replace him as a permanent first choice centre half.

Konate is potentially world class but is still prone to the odd error and only looks really assured when partnering Van Dijk.

As for Phillips, I rate him as well but not enough to say he's going to replace Van Dijk. I would keep him over Gomez (though I don't think Klopp would) but he's below Matip in the pecking order for me.

So unless we do sign a top quality, world class centre half this summer, I think when possible our centre half pairing will be Konate & Van Dijk, which I'm not against in the slightest, especially if both can get somewhere close to their best.

Whether we change system slightly with Trent moving more into the midfield role and play Robbo on the left of a back three, leaving Van Dijk to just worry about the 18 yard box and not having to cover out wide would actually help the Dutchman, I don't know.
      My eyes tell me Virgil's best days are behind him...not to say he is finished... hopefully far from it, but there is a fair amount of ongoing concern about his pace, stamina and judgement....Not just with us but when playing for the Dutch National team.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #4992: Jun 28, 2023 02:06:02 pm
      Sky have got a documentary series that starts airing tonight after the end of today's Ashes play called "Secrets of Success" where former England cricket captain Nasser Hussain is interviewing a number of high profile "leaders" including our very own Jürgen.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #4993: Jun 28, 2023 07:34:01 pm
      Sky have got a documentary series that starts airing tonight after the end of today's Ashes play called "Secrets of Success" where former England cricket captain Nasser Hussain is interviewing a number of high profile "leaders" including our very own Jürgen.

https://twitter.com/menacesingh/status/1674118945681584128?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #4994: Jul 01, 2023 06:27:09 pm
      My eyes tell me Virgil's best days are behind him...not to say he is finished... hopefully far from it, but there is a fair amount of ongoing concern about his pace, stamina and judgement....Not just with us but when playing for the Dutch National team.

On the money there mate. I watched van dijk in the summer internationals ... out of boredom really waiting for the cricket to start. He was simply dreadful and looked like the van dijk we've seen all season.

He's lost alot of things ... the main one being his aura. Players are targeting him now ... as a weak link. Who would have thought it.

People will see it differently of course. But I don't see virgil getting any better next season and I think we've serious issues at CB. A world class no6 who's job it is to sit and protect will help ... but we've serious issues at right back as well. All needs to be looked at and van dijk and gomez still have value in terms of sale and the sooner we sell the more we will get to find our next kingpin. Harsh maybe ... but this business waits for nobody.

I remember fergie bombing stam out years ago. Seemed strange but he was proven right. Same with Ince, Beckham etc ... the levels drop and you're out. Hate to use him as an example ... but they're ones I remember.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4995: Jul 10, 2023 09:57:52 am
      https://youtube.com/shorts/Gzm37cmZv6w?feature=share

Class. Klopp some man.

Terrible clobber. l o l
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #4996: Jul 10, 2023 10:14:00 am
      Jürgen looked like a man on a mission on his first day back.  I think he is an angry man and he is going to channel that anger 38 times in the EPL.  Even before the new signings I was confident we would improve dramatically on last seasons overall performance just cant wait to get the league started.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4997: Jul 10, 2023 10:41:51 am
      Jürgen looked like a man on a mission on his first day back.  I think he is an angry man and he is going to channel that anger 38 times in the EPL.  Even before the new signings I was confident we would improve dramatically on last seasons overall performance just cant wait to get the league started.

yup, proper summer break this season and a good pre-season, himself and the lads will be back at it, raring to go.

All of the newish lads now have a season under their belt too, expecting much more from diaz & nunez this season.

And then Jones and elliott will be buzzing after that win at the weekend.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4998: Jul 10, 2023 01:48:11 pm

Not so sure he’ll be angry mate, just ultra determined, with two in already I think two more will arrive forthwith, lots of rumours and the usual click bait bollocks, but needless to say a high end quality cb, another for midfield and I reckon we’re done for this window,

No surprise that the pundits & the media have hard on’s for the fraudsters & Arse and perhaps a semi for the Chavs under Poch, for us we won’t be considered contenders but will be for top 4, and that suits us just fine,  they won’t consider last season’s impressive run in, nor will they imagine that Jürgen can turn things around so quickly, but we all know that only ageing legs, the usual injuries to key players and a relatively short pre -season all contributed to our mini fall from grace, and a possible top three finish, we ran out of games, another two or three wins I believe we would have had CL football and relegated the Scummy Fuckpigs into the Europa League,

At the moment I’m nursing a semi over the arrival of both Mac & Szob, and like you mentioned a more settled Nunez, Diaz with a full pre season, the maturity of Curtis Jones, the emergence of young Bacjetic, Trent’s metamorphosis, and hopefully a fully fit and healthy Thiago, throw all of that into the mix and what we then have is the makings of a side capable of bringing home the whole f***in shebang ,

Feel a twitch in yer pants yet ??

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #4999: Jul 10, 2023 09:28:24 pm
      Look forward to see what Jürgen can produce, in what should be a much improved season, for the Reds.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,702 posts | 1657 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #5000: Jul 13, 2023 09:43:52 pm
      Congratulations to Jürgen for becoming a Grandad for the first time  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      Reply #5001: Jul 14, 2023 10:49:47 am
      Congratulations to Jürgen for becoming a Grandad for the first time  ;D

Grandad we love you we do !! 🤣🤣

You’ll remember that won’t ye Cas, bet you sung it too ?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5002: Jul 14, 2023 11:04:21 am

YNWA

l o l

That song done my heed back then, cringefest. We had to sing it for my gran, think I just stood there not saying anything. huge noped it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      Reply #5003: Jul 14, 2023 03:16:52 pm
      l o l

That song done my heed back then, cringefest. We had to sing it for my gran, think I just stood there not saying anything. huge noped it.

I was the same mate but my cringiness was borne out of having to rub cream into my grandad’s haemorrhoids whilst singing it with gay abandon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5004: Jul 14, 2023 03:52:09 pm

I was the same mate but my cringiness was borne out of having to rub cream into my grandad’s haemorrhoids whilst singing it with gay abandon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA

TMI   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,702 posts | 1657 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #5005: Jul 14, 2023 09:26:53 pm

YNWA

OMG don't I just  :lmao: what a god damn awful song that was.,

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #5006: Jul 15, 2023 04:18:50 am

We seem to have hit a lull of Liverpool football news....
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      Reply #5007: Jul 15, 2023 05:27:17 am
      We seem to have hit a lull of Liverpool football news....

Aw come on Robby, I’ve just told the world about my Grandad’s “Grapes of Wrath”, should be headline news that, much more interesting than that boring click bait Bollocks 🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5008: Jul 15, 2023 12:56:51 pm

It's a shocker. I hate it. L o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5009: Jul 15, 2023 12:57:26 pm

YNWA

Hehe.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5010: Jul 15, 2023 12:58:14 pm
      Brilliant,  we're all one club and we hate the same song. 🤣🤣🤣
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5011: Jul 17, 2023 02:03:48 pm
      Klopp needs a fast, good start of the season.

He has new blood in the team: Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo and obviously Szobo and Mac Allister.

All of them should give Klopp energy to re-succeed.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      Reply #5012: Jul 18, 2023 07:43:57 am
      I’ve been thinking about just how much more vibrant we will be compared to last season, our recovery came just a couple of wins too late to secure CL football, but even with aged legs and tired minds we almost, almost pulled it off,

I think the whole structure of the team was fragmented due to the lack of energy, cohesion was lax, as too was some of our defending and the usual supply of quality was miles off, we missed Diaz Jota, Nunez finding his feet, as well as trying to curb his enthusiasm, and Mo was Mo, but couldn’t do it on his own, truth be told in two thirds of the season we were bang average, injuries of course played their part too but we aren’t the only club that has suffered with injuries, so it’s a bit of a lame excuse, but all of the above has been consigned to history, we’ve all turned a corner, a few usual suspects have moved on and we have a new exciting prospect ahead of us,

I may be getting ahead of myself here but i can’t help thinking that we, along with Citeh of course and Arse will fight it out for the title, and I’m sticking my head on the block and saying we will win it, …
      …Now we all know that our resident Fat MUtant Keith will take great delight and remind us how we like to wear our Red tints, and that’s fine by me cos it won’t alter the fact that his lot will be in mid table mediocrity enjoying the view of our spectacular arses, that’s where our own delight outshines his,

No one here has a scooby how or what will pan out, all I know is that Jürgen Klopp has/ is rebuilding and we should all be very excited by that alone, I certainly am…even if right now on the eve of the first 45 mins of preseason gets under way, none of us know how we will set up, no one knows who will be involved,..in those first 45 mins, will it be the basis of the new system, or just a case of everyone just building minutes on the pitch, we’ll have a structure of sorts of course, and will try differing ways and means to eventually bring about a more settled routine, everyone will have their own ideas and opinions, so just for fun let’s all pick what you believe will be a starting point for the season ahead…….assuming all is fit & good to go…..

First 45….
                                                         Allison
                                      Trent   Konate.   Virgil(c). Robbo
                                                        Bajcetic
                                          Szoboslai.            Jones
                                         Salah.        Gary.      Diaz

Second 45…..                              Kelleher
                                           Bradley. Gomez   Matip.  Kostas
                                                         Morton
                                                Hendo  Gakpo.  Thiago
                                                  Jota           Nunez

The point being to give the players minutes on the pitch, the first 45 will be the closest to finding the X1 who may or may not form the basis of our new look,
      the second 45 along with plenty of rotation with Subs, remember these are only suggestions and opinions, so fill yer boots ppl, post your ideas and thoughts, just so we can add to the excitement.

YNWA

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 129 
      Reply #5013: Jul 18, 2023 08:18:41 am
      I’ve been thinking about just how much more vibrant we will be compared to last season, our recovery came just a couple of wins too late to secure CL football, but even with aged legs and tired minds we almost, almost pulled it off,

I think the whole structure of the team was fragmented due to the lack of energy, cohesion was lax, as too was some of our defending and the usual supply of quality was miles off, we missed Diaz Jota, Nunez finding his feet, as well as trying to curb his enthusiasm, and Mo was Mo, but couldn’t do it on his own, truth be told in two thirds of the season we were bang average, injuries of course played their part too but we aren’t the only club that has suffered with injuries, so it’s a bit of a lame excuse, but all of the above has been consigned to history, we’ve all turned a corner, a few usual suspects have moved on and we have a new exciting prospect ahead of us,

I may be getting ahead of myself here but i can’t help thinking that we, along with Citeh of course and Arse will fight it out for the title, and I’m sticking my head on the block and saying we will win it, …
      …Now we all know that our resident Fat MUtant Keith will take great delight and remind us how we like to wear our Red tints, and that’s fine by me cos it won’t alter the fact that his lot will be in mid table mediocrity enjoying the view of our spectacular arses, that’s where our own delight outshines his,

No one here has a scooby how or what will pan out, all I know is that Jürgen Klopp has/ is rebuilding and we should all be very excited by that alone, I certainly am…even if right now on the eve of the first 45 mins of preseason gets under way, none of us know how we will set up, no one knows who will be involved,..in those first 45 mins, will it be the basis of the new system, or just a case of everyone just building minutes on the pitch, we’ll have a structure of sorts of course, and will try differing ways and means to eventually bring about a more settled routine, everyone will have their own ideas and opinions, so just for fun let’s all pick what you believe will be a starting point for the season ahead…….assuming all is fit & good to go…..

First 45….
                                                         Allison
                                      Trent   Konate.   Virgil(c). Robbo
                                                        Bajcetic
                                          Szoboslai.            Jones
                                         Salah.        Gary.      Diaz

Second 45…..                              Kelleher
                                           Bradley. Gomez   Matip.  Kostas
                                                         Morton
                                                Hendo  Gakpo.  Thiago
                                                  Jota           Nunez

The point being to give the players minutes on the pitch, the first 45 will be the closest to finding the X1 who may or may not form the basis of our new look,
      the second 45 along with plenty of rotation with Subs, remember these are only suggestions and opinions, so fill yer boots ppl, post your ideas and thoughts, just so we can add to the excitement.

YNWA

You're forgetting we signed 'Gary'

Quick Reply