Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 81966 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #828: Yesterday at 02:47:07 pm

Would have took Harvey Elliott instead.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,098 posts | 214 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #829: Yesterday at 02:49:19 pm
      Fook me have England called up Ali Virg and Mo to

Just Mo.

You really think Gareth has the wherewithal to actually pick players on form?!?!! HA!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #830: Yesterday at 02:55:05 pm

Jones earned his call up from his play before his injury - was the inform England midfielder in the league
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #831: Yesterday at 03:00:26 pm

so would Jürgen .... Jones in front of Harvey is just mind blowing and I have always supported Curtis but Harvey and been exceptional these past few months even Jürgen admitted he should have played him more.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #832: Yesterday at 05:11:02 pm
      Wow, I really didn’t see him getting a call up. Form early to mid season was excellent (should have been called up then) but he has struggled since coming back.

I agree that Elliott would have been the better call based on form.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #833: Yesterday at 05:19:51 pm
      Wow, I really didn’t see him getting a call up. Form early to mid season was excellent (should have been called up then) but he has struggled since coming back.

I agree that Elliott would have been the better call based on form.

I don’t expect him to go to the tournament so I suspect it’s more about rewarding him for that early form when Southgate was going to pick him
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,098 posts | 214 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #834: Yesterday at 06:49:39 pm
      I'm by no means a Southgate fan, the only time I care about the national side is when they're losing or getting knocked out but imagine if he selected every player by form.

He'd have no goalkeepers, about 2 defenders, 18 midfielders/attacking midfielders and 2 strikers.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 818 posts | 139 
      Reply #835: Yesterday at 07:37:08 pm
      Nice one! His value just rocketed to £100m...
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 1226 
      Reply #836: Yesterday at 08:07:48 pm
      Definitely would have had Harvey in over Curtis if being fit, in form and up to speed is the criteria. Don't seem to be many proper midfielders though ?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,055 posts | 542 
      Reply #837: Yesterday at 09:28:43 pm
      Curtis is a better player than Harvey when they're both in form. He's been out of form since his injury right enough but I guess Southgate thinks there is nearly a month to go so he should be ready to go by then. I'm quite surprised he picked him but I don't think it's a bad call.

They are short of defensive midfielders though - Rice gets injured they'll struggle.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #838: Yesterday at 09:31:40 pm

I think Southgate probably sees Curtis as a better defensive midfielder; he played that position for England u21s and Southgate does not have many DM to choose from.

Elliot, he probably sees as an attacking midfielder who is competing against Bellingham, Foden and the rest.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #839: Yesterday at 09:36:34 pm
      Think Jones will be cut from that squad before the tournament anyway. He's just there to get some experience around the main squad as he might be part of their plans after the Euros if he finds form again.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #840: Yesterday at 09:50:26 pm
      Think Jones will be cut from that squad before the tournament anyway. He's just there to get some experience around the main squad as he might be part of their plans after the Euros if he finds form again.

Not sure mate. I think Southgate is almost certain to play 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders to protect his back 4. I think Curtis is ahead of Wharton and probably Mainoo to get into the final squad. Southgate will probably want to take at least 4 CMs. He's quite conservative and Curtis is 1 of the most experienced CM in that squad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #841: Yesterday at 11:01:03 pm
      I’d rather none of them get selected, F**k England, no offence, but they’ll simply get used and probably not feature in the main event, Like Ben White, he seen the light and knew he wouldn’t get anywhere near a starting berth, the midfield will consist of Bellingham, Rice, Foden, Palmer,  Maybe Maddison, and one or two others who will be ahead of anyone from Liverpool FC,  c’mon, lets face it, we all know Engurland hate Scouse/Liverpool, it’s a establishment thing,
      Curtis, Harvey, Jarrell, and whoever else won’t get a f***in sniff of the action, Southgate’s the FA puppet, his strings get pulled by those in high places, Southgate’s call up is a token gesture only, it appeases those who believe introducing lesser mortals looks like he’s looking after the future !! He’s not, cos he won’t be there, so what’s the f***in point ??

YNWA

Quick Reply