Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v BHA?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      1 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      17 (26.6%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      8 (12.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (6.3%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      25 (39.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (6.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2020 02:26:35 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21201 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Nov 28, 2020 02:39:28 pm
      We just went top of the league btw.

We just dropped 2 points to a sh*t team
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #369: Nov 28, 2020 02:39:31 pm
      Im not sure i can keep the desire to watch football anymore. I love the club and nothing will change that but the game is gone..

That emotion of the goal being scored is gone. You have to wait for every goal to be confirmed or chalked off. No passion in it. Years ago you score you celebrate wildly, you then find out linesman flag was up , ok no goal well debate it but I felt something in that moment the ball hit the net. Thats what seperates football from other sports.

Now you sit and wait, look at some lines being drawn, wonder why they start the line where they start it or wonder why tbey draw several lines as if its to suit themselves. Blox to it...Winning and losing is all part, a huge part of it, but this carry on is beyond farcial. Killing the game. Certainly killing my desire to watch it

Same here. I'm losing interest in the game. I'd just follow the scores on Google if this goes on. If it's too close to call for offside just give the goal.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #370: Nov 28, 2020 02:39:54 pm
      I wonder how Brighton would have got their 3rd penalty if they missed that

You could sense a long time before it was given that the ref was itching to give them something else. Luckily for him the faceless VAR decision maker took the responsibility instead.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #371: Nov 28, 2020 02:40:14 pm
      Shame the game is being run by people sitting in a room away from the pitch. VAR is ruining the beautiful game.

Guy going to clear a ball, attacker has no attack going on and just sticks his foot out to get in the way of the clearance, and ... people... choose to decide the game on it.

Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 878 posts | 114 
      Reply #372: Nov 28, 2020 02:40:53 pm
      Horrendous pen decision. Our first goal being disallowed was a tough one to take, but the second was fair, especially as I didnā€™t think it was a free kick. Weā€™re just getting a lot of bad luck right now. Truth be told a point was all that we really deserved, but at the same time we were screwed with the Welbeck pen decision.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #373: Nov 28, 2020 02:41:02 pm
      Minamino just doesn't have any presence. He runs around like a 15y old between men. Shaq does the same, but if he has the ball he can do stuff, Minamino can't. I tell ya they just got him because of the japanese market.

But Gini didn't do better. Total no show and unusual mistakes.

The VAR decisions are alright, even in Salah's case (though the rule is sh*t). We need to move on and forget about today. Stuff happens and what counts is that you come back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #374: Nov 28, 2020 02:41:16 pm
      We just dropped 2 points to a sh*t team

I'm not celebrating it, just pointing it out.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2020 02:47:14 pm by Robby The Z »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #375: Nov 28, 2020 02:41:24 pm
      Oh yeah and now we add the man who can play any position, to the injury list! FFS
      rossyred

• 9,310 posts | 1671 
      Reply #376: Nov 28, 2020 02:41:56 pm
      Ha. This made me laugh.

Although hand on heart - I think they both were pens.  We'd have definitely wanted that last one as a pen and I'm sure we got a softer one that recently.  Robbo did kick his foot instead of the ball.

Probably true in the cold light of day and no one arguing with the first but Salah was given onside and wasn't clear and obvious he wasn't and same with the penalty really no one even claimed so for me again not clear
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #377: Nov 28, 2020 02:43:05 pm
      How many shots on target today that speaks volumes
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #378: Nov 28, 2020 02:43:26 pm
      Can enyone tell me what Minimino done today utterly useless

He was pretty sh*te today.  Doubt he'll be getting a start for a while, injuries aside.

But Gini didn't do better. Total no show and unusual mistakes.

Let's be honest here.  I don't think the plan at the start of the season was for him to be the main midfielder week in week out.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #379: Nov 28, 2020 02:43:32 pm
      Don't b*tch about VAR, b*tch about our pathetic performance. That was not enough and the draw does this game justice if you are honest. We need to play better, we need guys back. Gini and Minamino basically made us look like playing with 9 instead of 11.

I think you are probably right.. the decisions are magnified because of our lack of performance..
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #380: Nov 28, 2020 02:44:36 pm
      JĆ¼rgen said he's proud of the boys. Either we agree with him or we think he's crazy.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      Reply #381: Nov 28, 2020 02:45:22 pm
      Too many in midfield didn't show today we're struggling with strength in depth
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #382: Nov 28, 2020 02:46:37 pm
      JĆ¼rgen said he's proud of the boys. Either we agree with him or we think he's crazy.

Team put together with electrician's tape, paper clips, thumb tacks, staples and glue, we nearly got it over the line anyway.

Definitely not looking like ourselves, but also not getting  any luck or favors at the moment.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,216 posts | 1104 
      Reply #383: Nov 28, 2020 02:47:52 pm
      Mane has been poor the last month or so. Timing is off, touches are heavy, falling asleep on defense more often, etc. We need him to pick it up. He is too good to have a run this poor.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #384: Nov 28, 2020 02:48:08 pm
      Let's be honest here.  I don't think the plan at the start of the season was for him to be the main midfielder week in week out.

Plus this is Giniā€™s 6th start in the span of 2 weeks. Contrary to popular belief, players are human and fatigue impacts them.

Klopp doesnā€™t have a ā€œfatigueā€ slide bar he can bring down to zero the way Tezmac does on his PES game.
      Kopite78
      Reply #385: Nov 28, 2020 02:48:21 pm
      Probably true in the cold light of day and no one arguing with the first but Salah was given onside and wasn't clear and obvious he wasn't and same with the penalty really no one even claimed so for me again not clear

The penalty is a joke for me, without VAR no one questions that, the game continues, they dont complain, we dont complain

VAR slows it down, only shows a snap shot and a penalty is given.
      Peter Walton, ex PL ref straight away says no penalty because he has seen the whole thing in context. VAR though? In a one screen shot.. penalty

F**k off
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #386: Nov 28, 2020 02:48:38 pm
      I did say before kick off I was concerned about them playing Milner twice in 60 odd hours and looks like he's done his hamstring now.  Hadn't realised that Curtis Jones sat out training yesterday but again shows how Klopp's selection has been a little bit forced.

Landed ourselves in a big mess here.  And now we've got a game against Ajax when they will, just like Atalanta, really have to go for a win.

Right now, Thiago looks massively expensive at Ā£20M.
      Kopite78
      Reply #387: Nov 28, 2020 02:48:52 pm
      How many shots on target today that speaks volumes

Any chance you could forget your password for your log in
      Jimsouse67

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #388: Nov 28, 2020 02:49:02 pm
      Too many in midfield didn't show today we're struggling with strength in depth
      Come on tez,a sh*t ton of injuries would impact anyoneā€™s  strength in depth.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2846 
      Reply #389: Nov 28, 2020 02:49:36 pm
      Kloppā€™s head went a bit there
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      Reply #390: Nov 28, 2020 02:50:08 pm
      I did say before kick off I was concerned about them playing Milner twice in 60 odd hours and looks like he's done his hamstring now.  Hadn't realised that Curtis Jones sat out training yesterday but again shows how Klopp's selection has been a little bit forced.

Landed ourselves in a big mess here.  And now we've got a game against Ajax when they will, just like Atalanta, really have to go for a win.

Right now, Thiago looks massively expensive at Ā£20M.

Right now Everton are bigger cu*ts than I thought

Quick Reply