Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31620 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Feb 20, 2021 08:17:45 pm
      F**k all sympathy for him with Origi as his only option when he let Minamino go

Minamino was hardly great for us. He looked overwhelmed. This loan could actually do him the world of good.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #668: Feb 20, 2021 08:19:04 pm

And play who ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #669: Feb 20, 2021 08:19:23 pm
      The same owners who went to the pound shop on the last day of the transfer window.

Youll credit it them that at least fair play
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #670: Feb 20, 2021 08:20:38 pm
      And you have inside information the Koulibaly was available do you ?
      Why spout off about things you have no proper knowledge about. You just make yourself look a prat!

Wow. Only talked about like a million times over. Klopp wanted and didn’t get and that makes me a prat?

Grow up you numpty.

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #671: Feb 20, 2021 08:20:44 pm

Salah through the middle with mane in a 442
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #672: Feb 20, 2021 08:21:46 pm
      This was a real new low for us. Fact we couldn't get up for a derby to kick start the top four battle and get revenge for what Pickford and Richarlison did is worrying to a whole new level. This after timid performances to United and City as well.

Not sure where we go from here to be honest, think we will just fall away and finish 9th or 10th. Will mean a real struggle to rebuild the side with no CL.

Anyway, just glad it's more than a week before we next play.

Feel like f**king sh*te.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #673: Feb 20, 2021 08:22:01 pm
      Surelyyyyy players must get dropped?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #674: Feb 20, 2021 08:23:17 pm

Why its not their fault its the owners usnt it?

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #675: Feb 20, 2021 08:23:43 pm

Normally yes, but replaced by who? The squad is decimated by injury and threadbare by design...

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #676: Feb 20, 2021 08:24:36 pm
      Well, no good crying about the match anymore, we beat ourselves today! misplaced passing, midfield not playing like they actually know each other ! two main strikers wasteful and don't give a bugger !Our poor play must come to an end soon and we desperately need to rebuild our side in summer , 4 players I  reckon , because our subs bench is laughable . ...roll on next game
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #677: Feb 20, 2021 08:24:40 pm
      It’s not about buying trophies, but building a squad that can compete, not just the 1st 11 or 15. The gulf in quality outside the 15 or so is enormous. City for example can literally just slot players in without too much of a drop off. We’ve been decimated by injuries which have had a huge impact, BUT those filling in the gaps are either playing out of position or too far short of the desired quality level. You don’t have to spend loads but you do have to spend right. Regardless, Klopp wanted Koulibaly as CB and got Kabak. One is rated as one of the best CB’s in world football, the other is a cheap loan signing.

To keep at the front of the chasing pack, you need to constantly evolve or become stagnant. All the best teams have always done just that. Liverpool during their pomp. Utd under Ferguson. City under Pep. They don’t rely on the same players season after season. They add and grow, clearing out the deadwood along the way.

2 CL finals, 1 CL trophy, 1 Premier trophy, a 2nd place finish with 97 points, and 1 Club World Cup trophy in the last 3 seasons -- they have built a squad that can compete for and win the biggest prizes on offer. 

You admit we've been decimated by injuries.  What do you want them to do?  Buy 25 players better than any other side the world has access to?
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #678: Feb 20, 2021 08:28:14 pm
      Minamino was hardly great for us. He looked overwhelmed. This loan could actually do him the world of good.

New club played out of position numerous times looked no where near as bad as Origi
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #679: Feb 20, 2021 08:29:18 pm
      2 CL finals, 1 CL trophy, 1 Premier trophy, a 2nd place finish with 97 points, and 1 Club World Cup trophy in the last 3 seasons -- they have built a squad that can win the biggest of prizes, let alone compete. 

You admit we've been decimated by injuries.  What do you want them to do?  Buy 25 players better than any other side the world has access to?

Don’t be a mug. It’s clear outside the main players the drop in quality is enormous. If it wasn’t, players like Origi would get regular game time. They don’t. They get 5 minutes here and there as desperation sets in.

The squad is not of the desired quality. The back up should be pushing the starting 11, fighting for their places. That isn’t happening. The majority of the back up are deadwood. It’s not rocket science. Without competition for places, complacency sets in.

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #680: Feb 20, 2021 08:29:32 pm
      9 points from 11 league games. Oh wow.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #681: Feb 20, 2021 08:30:40 pm
      9 points from 11 league games. Oh wow.

Yep, sheffield united esque
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #682: Feb 20, 2021 08:35:20 pm

Don’t be a mug. It’s clear outside the main players the drop in quality is enormous. If it wasn’t, players like Origi would get regular game time. They don’t. They get 5 minutes here and there as desperation sets in.

The squad is not of the desired quality. The back up should be pushing the starting 11, fighting for their places. That isn’t happening. The majority of the back up are deadwood. It’s not rocket science. Without competition for places, complacency sets in.

There's only 1 side in the world that could be hit with the type of injuries we have had this season and still compete -- Man City.  They have also shamelessly bought all the trophies that line the cabinet at the Etihad.  If that's honestly what you want for LFC, then I don't know what ever drew you to this club in the first place.....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #683: Feb 20, 2021 08:36:57 pm
      It was all set up for them in fairness. If ever they were going to win one here it was this season with no crowd and a fu**ed up squad low on quality and confidence. In years to come we will probably laugh about the DVD they will bring out of it.

For the here and now it looks like we won't be making top 4. Those that got high and mighty when I said we weren't in a title race may well disagree but we simply aren't hitting the targets required for anything other than a top half finish.

It will neer a dramatic up turn in results fairly quickly for us to make it. 70 points. 10 wins away.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #684: Feb 20, 2021 08:40:56 pm
      Well we have 40 points, so should keep us up.

Play the kids in the PL and go all out for the CL !!!! :)
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #685: Feb 20, 2021 08:42:43 pm
      F**k me we've hit rock bottom

I don't remember a more pathetic defense of a title honesly
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #686: Feb 20, 2021 08:42:47 pm
      There's only 1 side in the world that could be hit with the type of injuries we have had this season and still compete -- Man City.  They have also shamelessly bought all the trophies that lime the cabinet at the Etihad.  If that's honestly what you want for LFC, then I don't know what ever drew you to this club in the first place.....

Been supporting LFC since 1978 pal, so don’t ask me about my allegiances. My family comes from Liverpool mate so pull the other one.

Take your love of FSG and shove it up your F***ing arse! If you can’t see that Klopp has gotten the best out of an excellent first 11, but the squad is not up to the required level, which is apparent to anyone by the results FFS. Don’t tell me, it’s because the crowds aren’t there to gee on the likes of Origi, or Phillips, or Kabak. Or how Firmino STILL gets a starting role when he’s been so out of form so long and barely contributes a goal or assist. That alone shows the lack of depth. If any of our competitors had a player not contributing in the way Bobby isn’t, they’d have been dropped LONG AGO FFS!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #687: Feb 20, 2021 08:44:09 pm
      Not that it helps at all but had we a Rush/Fowler type striker we win tonight. Some quality ball across the goal tonight but our players are 2 or 3 feet to far behind the ball, a Rush or Fowler is there tapping in
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #688: Feb 20, 2021 08:44:27 pm
      It’s clear the way this season has played out has taken its toll. The ever growing injury list has sapped the remaining players of their confidence. The bench is threadbare of the required quality to fill the gaps when necessary.

How can the desire be there when the confidence isn’t? The two go hand in hand. But for certain, a massive clear out is due in the summer. Let’s see if our owners have the required balls to do so...

No ... confidence and desire do not go hand in hand.

Confidence has nothing to do with whats happening. The lack of balls, desire, heart, pride and drive has everything to do with what's happened since Xmas. They have been challenged since xmas and they simply are not upto it.

Since the restart in June they have been complacent. They have been poor bar a handful of good showings. Underperforming players have kept their place. Midfielders at cb isn't working yet we just keep plodding on with it. 3 centre halfs on the bench today again.

We are where we deserve to be. We won't be getting CL football next season. Alot of these players who are just going through the motions won't be around to feel the consequences of finishing outside the top 4.

Let's see if Jürgen can build another winning team because this one has had its day. Its a dramatic fall from grace ... and a spineless one at that. We won't finish top 6 this season and If they score first i fancy leipzig to turn us over.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #689: Feb 20, 2021 08:46:15 pm
      No ... confidence and desire do not go hand in hand.

Confidence has nothing to do with whats happening. The lack of balls, desire, heart, pride and drive has everything to do with what's happened since Xmas. They have been challenged since xmas and they simply are not upto it.

Since the restart in June they have been complacent. They have been poor bar a handful of good showings. Underperforming players have kept their place. Midfielders at cb isn't working yet we just keep plodding on with it. 3 centre halfs on the bench today again.

We are where we deserve to be. We won't be getting CL football next season. Alot of these players who are just going through the motions won't be around to feel the consequences of finishing outside the top 4.

Let's see if Jürgen can build another winning team because this one has had its day. Its a dramatic fall from grace ... and a spineless one at that. We won't finish top 6 this season and If they score first i fancy leipzig to turn us over.

I disagree. From my amateur playing days if you felt confident, you played even harder. That’s how I see it tbh. But we’re all different...

Quick Reply