Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Scouting talk

Read 346032 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #5727: Sep 07, 2023 10:07:44 am
      Seems like the plan next couple of windows will be to:

1) Replace Salah when he presumably leaves next summer, ideally with a left footed RW since Nunez, Jota, Gakpo, and Diaz all play either centrally or on the left.

2) Replace Matip.

3) Contract extension for Trent (current deal expires 2025).

4) Young understudy for Van Dijk at LCB (his contract expires 2025 when he'll be 34).

5) Thiago replacement - ideally a young DM. This may not be necessary if Bajcetic, Jones, Elliott, and especially Gravenberch take big steps this season.

6) If Kelleher opts to leave for first team football then a young backup GK is needed.

Wouldn't 'presume' anything with Mo. He will want another crack at the CL and if we get there this season he will be here.

Then he will either extend or leave at the end of his contract. My 2 cents.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5728: Sep 07, 2023 11:53:33 am
      Wouldn't 'presume' anything with Mo. He will want another crack at the CL and if we get there this season he will be here.

Then he will either extend or leave at the end of his contract. My 2 cents.

Could fancy a run at the Ballon d'Or this year and next.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #5729: Sep 07, 2023 12:00:07 pm

Exactly. He's still got things he wants to achieve. Joining the Saudi pensioner league won't be high up on his list imo
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #5730: Sep 07, 2023 12:09:50 pm
      Exactly. He's still got things he wants to achieve. Joining the Saudi pensioner league won't be high up on his list imo
      He's already won every trophy there is to win with Liverpool, doubt that's a big motivator compared to $$$$$
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #5731: Sep 07, 2023 01:43:00 pm
      He's already won every trophy there is to win with Liverpool, doubt that's a big motivator compared to $$$$$

Said it before, will say it again. Last contract negotiations showed us all how much Salah (and/or his agent) care about money, so if the Saudi's come calling next summer with big wage offers i expect him to take them and go.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #5732: Sep 07, 2023 01:46:41 pm
      Said it before, will say it again. Last contract negotiations showed us all how much Salah (and/or his agent) care about money, so if the Saudi's come calling next summer with big wage offers i expect him to take them and go.

I expect the club to accept the offer before Salah has batted an eye lid. If the offer is in the beginning of the summer.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 762 
      Reply #5733: Sep 07, 2023 04:35:35 pm

He will be offered a huge contract no matter what.

They will offer him huge wages at age 33,34,35,36,37. Mo is the one in the driving seat here as far as salary. 

Ppl don't seem to get that.

He doesn't have to be in ANY kind of rush to leave Liverpool.

So all ppl have left is "well he's already won everything so why is he gonna stay?". ;D

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #5734: Sep 07, 2023 05:12:22 pm
      If he cared so much about money then why hasn't he forced the club to sell him this summer? Even before the Saudi's came calling, Mo is so huge in the middle east he could've easily given the nod to his agent months ago and offers would've come down pouring. Or better yet, why didn't he just use the fact his contract was running out last summer to go negotiate a fat payday at any of the other clubs that would've gladly invested right into his wages a big chunk of the money they'd normally have to pay in transfer fees to get such a player?

I also don't understand what is this idea of ''the player either signs/re-signs for us at a discount or he's ''greedy'' ''. He's arguably the best player in the league or on par with the best player (De Bruyne) or, if you currently disagree with that statement, he certainly was at that time last summer. So what is the surprise when the best player in the league negotiates a salary that reflects that?

It's sort of tiring to see all that corruption and big money thrown around in world football with parties such as agents, clubs, national and continental associations, etc., all raking in insane amounts of cash for what is not much efforts and nobody bats an eyelid. Then most people turn around and attack the only party in that equation that actually brings
       something to the table, the actual talent (the players). If football is going to generate so much money anyway then I much rather the players get paid. Its not like if they get less money the difference will be distributed to charities, its going to go straight into the pockets of those parties I mentioned above. I'd much rather see a player or coach get paid that money, at least I understand that me or 99% of the rest of the population can't put on some football boots and replicate what Salah does or put on some glasses and replicate what Klopp does. Pretty sure the same cannot be said about most of those UEFA, PL, agents and TV crooks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,287 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5735: Sep 07, 2023 05:25:24 pm

Don’t think so, it’s to corrupt to give it PL player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5736: Sep 07, 2023 06:14:10 pm

Harry Kane Season
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #5737: Sep 07, 2023 06:22:25 pm
      If he cared so much about money then why hasn't he forced the club to sell him this summer? Even before the Saudi's came calling, Mo is so huge in the middle east he could've easily given the nod to his agent months ago and offers would've come down pouring. Or better yet, why didn't he just use the fact his contract was running out last summer to go negotiate a fat payday at any of the other clubs that would've gladly invested right into his wages a big chunk of the money they'd normally have to pay in transfer fees to get such a player?

I also don't understand what is this idea of ''the player either signs/re-signs for us at a discount or he's ''greedy'' ''. He's arguably the best player in the league or on par with the best player (De Bruyne) or, if you currently disagree with that statement, he certainly was at that time last summer. So what is the surprise when the best player in the league negotiates a salary that reflects that?

It's sort of tiring to see all that corruption and big money thrown around in world football with parties such as agents, clubs, national and continental associations, etc., all raking in insane amounts of cash for what is not much efforts and nobody bats an eyelid. Then most people turn around and attack the only party in that equation that actually brings
       something to the table, the actual talent (the players). If football is going to generate so much money anyway then I much rather the players get paid. Its not like if they get less money the difference will be distributed to charities, its going to go straight into the pockets of those parties I mentioned above. I'd much rather see a player or coach get paid that money, at least I understand that me or 99% of the rest of the population can't put on some football boots and replicate what Salah does or put on some glasses and replicate what Klopp does. Pretty sure the same cannot be said about most of those UEFA, PL, agents and TV crooks.

Who knows what conversations were had between team and player when the Saudi's first approached the team about Salah, but given how late it was in the window it would not be unrealistic to think they could have come to some sort of mutual agreement about staying 1 more year and then being allowed to leave next summer.

We all remember the fuss his agent was making during negotiations. The team has set a structure that all players have to play by, but Salah made it clear that the rules were for thee but not for me. When Van Dijk signed his extension, he did not say "Varane makes 340K, i deserve equal". When Alison signed his extension, he did not say "DeGea makes 375K, i deserve just as much as i am better and younger". When Fabinho signed his extension, he did not say "Kante makes almost 300K, i deserve that". They all played by the rules, except Salah who made a big priority to get top wages.

Lastly, at the time of his extension Salah had 1 year remaining on his current deal, so the fact that the new contract was only an additional 2 years could be a leading indicator that one or both parties do not think his long term future is with Liverpool.

Time will tell
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #5738: Sep 07, 2023 06:24:32 pm

With Ronaldo, Benzema and Messi out of the way in no-name leagues, i would expect Haaland to grab it at some point, if not the next one
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,287 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5739: Sep 07, 2023 06:51:31 pm

That’s a cracking call now that he’s moved to the other side. 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,287 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5740: Sep 07, 2023 06:52:25 pm
      With Ronaldo, Benzema and Messi out of the way in no-name leagues, i would expect Haaland to grab it at some point, if not the next one

Absolutely, even KDB deserves a mention.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #5741: Sep 07, 2023 09:05:55 pm
      Bellingham will get it sometime soon I reckon
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #5742: Sep 07, 2023 11:24:44 pm
      I have more respect for Salah than ever before he stood by the club in a time of need.  Could very easily been lured with the prospect of making about 8,10 times more.   Haters will always be haters can't be bothered to even read vile bs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,287 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5743: Sep 08, 2023 07:54:38 am
      I have more respect for Salah than ever before he stood by the club in a time of need.  Could very easily been lured with the prospect of making about 8,10 times more.   Haters will always be haters can't be bothered to even read vile bs.

Yeah you have to take your hat off to him, the temptation was obviously huge. Probably next summer now when they come knocking again.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #5744: Sep 09, 2023 11:48:00 pm
      Yeah you have to take your hat off to him, the temptation was obviously huge. Probably next summer now when they come knocking again.

Nope. Salah will stay if we get CL. He will want to play in the CL more than their dirty money. He can get that whenever he wants. If we get CL it won't be next summer
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,287 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5745: Sep 10, 2023 05:21:16 am
      Nope. Salah will stay if we get CL. He will want to play in the CL more than their dirty money. He can get that whenever he wants. If we get CL it won't be next summer

That could have been said said by a few players that have left to be fair. Look at RiyadLaporte! Theres certinly no doubt they could win another league or even the CL again if they stayed at City. Remembering greedy agents will be telling them, Salah Salah, you must go now, you might get injured and never play again then there goes my 30 million commission or what ever he’s on. 🤷‍♂️

You’ve done very well to get another year out of him or maybe outside chance of him going in January if a striker comes available that Klopp likes. Regardless though and like I’ve said, Salah can hold his head up high, unlike the others we know have all gone simple for the money. Salah will go down a legend not just on the pitch, but also off it.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #5746: Sep 10, 2023 11:03:49 am
      That could have been said said by a few players that have left to be fair. Look at RiyadLaporte! Theres certinly no doubt they could win another league or even the CL again if they stayed at City. Remembering greedy agents will be telling them, Salah Salah, you must go now, you might get injured and never play again then there goes my 30 million commission or what ever he’s on. 🤷‍♂️

You’ve done very well to get another year out of him or maybe outside chance of him going in January if a striker comes available that Klopp likes. Regardless though and like I’ve said, Salah can hold his head up high, unlike the others we know have all gone simple for the money. Salah will go down a legend not just on the pitch, but also off it.

I might be wrong Keith. Wouldn't be the first time.

I think salah wants to stay at the top and have another crack at the CL while he can. If we get there this season and have the team to compete then I see no way he goes this summer.

Salah is driven by records. He wants to enhance his legacy. He wants to break records at Liverpool. I just don't see him going before the end of his contract.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #5747: Sep 10, 2023 01:51:17 pm

Laporte will last about a season then miraculously  F**k off to Real ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,287 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5748: Sep 10, 2023 02:55:39 pm
      Laporte will last about a season then miraculously  F**k off to Real ;)

How do you work that out?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,715 posts | 7164 
      Reply #5749: Sep 10, 2023 04:43:59 pm
      I might be wrong Keith. Wouldn't be the first time.

I think salah wants to stay at the top and have another crack at the CL while he can. If we get there this season and have the team to compete then I see no way he goes this summer.

Salah is driven by records. He wants to enhance his legacy. He wants to break records at Liverpool. I just don't see him going before the end of his contract.

if you dont mind I think what you are saying is Mo Salah is a decent human being you might need to explain that to aUTD fan

Quick Reply