Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League

Read 31980 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Re: Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League
      Reply #184: Apr 21, 2021 02:14:32 pm
      I said any so yes proving they pass the usual format for owning a football club.

Ok fair enough
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #185: Apr 21, 2021 02:16:56 pm
      F***ing hell you’d be made up with that with all the names you call him and accuse him of

You’d suit them mate, knee jerk naive weirdos 😉

Good reply as always!! When you restort to name calling then I know I've won, go and get your opinion and what to say from whoever you follow on Tw@tter and then get back to me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #186: Apr 21, 2021 02:17:51 pm
      FSG could have easily removed us from domestic competitions to fund their own pockets, a competition where we lost 96 of our fans, a competition where lallana in pyjamas himself lost a friend, yet he’s in this F***ing thread saying they should still run this football club?

F**k this I’m off.

I'd have more time for your argument mate if you actually we're going to F**k football off over this but it sounds like you think this is a problem unique to us and FSG.

They're all as bad as each other pretty much and very naïve to think with a different owner we would be in any different position today.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #187: Apr 21, 2021 02:20:58 pm
      An owner like Abramovich is what people in this forum want. Someone who owns Liverpool as a toy and just throws money at it when he's in the mood. Then from the other side of their mouth they are also calling Chelsea plastics and how they and City have ruined the league, etc. All this while supposedly hating "capitalism".

The hypocrisy is off the charts.

I dont think you should throw everyone in the same boat, that’s not what I want or what any of my mates I go the game with want either

All I want is to have owners who understand me and my club and get the feeling of what we feel

That’s the main complaint I have with these, the constant mistakes they make surrounding the simple ethics of the club and the area..

Mistake
      Row back
      Say sorry
      Rinse and repeat

Not difficult is it

I genuinely don’t understand how they didn’t think this would crash and burn and if they weren’t sure why not get fan feedback prior to it, because that’s what they’d do if they did care what we thought
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #188: Apr 21, 2021 02:22:40 pm
      Good reply as always!! When you restort to name calling then I know I've won, go and get your opinion and what to say from whoever you follow on Tw@tter and then get back to me.

I’m not on Twitter mate

But I’m not the one who constantly calls our manager either, questioning his tactics, his morals, calling him greedy, saying he throws games

Just thought you’d enjoy an owner like Chelsea’s as they’d get rid sooner
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #189: Apr 21, 2021 02:23:04 pm
      I'd have more time for your argument mate if you actually we're going to f**k football off over this but it sounds like you think this is a problem unique to us and FSG.

They're all as bad as each other pretty much and very naïve to think with a different owner we would be in any different position today.

No. All 12 are as bad as each other. And I’ve stated how bad uefa, Fifa, the prem are too.

The whole thing is a mess. But that doesn’t excuse FSG just because others are cu*ts too.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,776 posts | 889 
      Reply #190: Apr 21, 2021 02:23:29 pm
      Another who doesn’t grasp sarcasm  :lmao:

Not surprised. Doesn’t understand basic football either.

I've already replied to that rubbish mate.

Go on, please try to make your point again this time without sarcasm? Who would you rather have own Liverpool FC?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #191: Apr 21, 2021 02:24:15 pm
      I dont think you should throw everyone in the same boat, that’s not what I want or what any of my mates I go the game with want either

All I want is to have owners who understand me and my club and get the feeling of what we feel

That’s the main complaint I have with these, the constant mistakes they make surrounding the simple ethics of the club and the area..

Mistake
      Row back
      Say sorry
      Rinse and repeat

Not difficult is it

I genuinely don’t understand how they didn’t think this would crash and burn and if they weren’t sure why not get fan feedback prior to it, because that’s what they’d do if they did care what we thought

Can you give me an example of the kind of owners you'd like, genuine question.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #192: Apr 21, 2021 02:27:03 pm
      I’m not on Twitter mate

But I’m not the one who constantly calls our manager either, questioning his tactics, his morals, calling him greedy, saying he throws games

Just thought you’d enjoy an owner like Chelsea’s as they’d get rid sooner

I'd enjoy all Chelsea's trophies, that is true, but there is something special about Liverpool, it means more, its a proper club.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #193: Apr 21, 2021 02:27:37 pm
      I actually thought that was a pretty genuine apology from the Owner, I'd still like to understand better why they decided to go for the Super League though, what forced their hand or motivated them, hopefully it wasn't just pure greed.

He is an American and their entire sporting constitution is predicated on the model they proposed for the Super League. That's the model he and Werner have grown up with. No doubt he saw an opportunity here to make the club more profitable and to be permanently part of an elite group in Europe. What baffles me is the complete underestimation of the carnage and damage this would have left behind and the outcry it caused. These owners have all been made to look like fools, completely underestimating the reaction of fans and i'm not sure they saw coming the threats from UEFA to exclude players from International teams during the Euros (how they didn't see this coming is beyond me). 

PS. Steve Parish can wind his neck in though, he is hypocritical little shi....te. So glad Carra called him out on some of the quotes he came out with when the league 1 and 2 clubs were asking for support during the pandemic.

It was a poor mans Kerry Packer and the people involved look like feckin idiots! But i don't want em out or anything like that. You can't knock results on the pitch, improvements to the stadium and they brought in Klopp. It's embarrassing yes, but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #194: Apr 21, 2021 02:29:16 pm
      He is an American and their entire sporting constitution is predicated on the model they proposed for the Super League. That's the model he and Werner have grown up with. No doubt he saw an opportunity here to make the club more profitable and to be permanently part of an elite group in Europe. What baffles me is the complete underestimation of the carnage and damage this would have left behind and the outcry it caused. These owners have all been made to look like fools, completely underestimating the reaction of fans and i'm not sure they saw coming the threats from UEFA to exclude players from International teams during the Euros (how they didn't see this coming is beyond me). 

It was a poor mans Kerry Packer and the people involved look like feckin idiots! But i don't want em out or anything like that. You can't knock results on the pitch, improvements to the stadium and they brought in Klopp. It's embarrassing yes, but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Spot on
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #195: Apr 21, 2021 02:30:20 pm
      I'd enjoy all Chelsea's trophies, that is true, but there is something special about Liverpool, it means more, its a proper club.

Yeah and you know a massive part of what makes us unique?

The fans

And we pride ourselves on not lowering ourselves to calling and accusing  Jürgen like you regularly do
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #196: Apr 21, 2021 02:31:12 pm
      No. All 12 are as bad as each other. And I’ve stated how bad uefa, Fifa, the prem are too.

The whole thing is a mess. But that doesn’t excuse FSG just because others are cu*ts too.

It is a mess and has been for quite some time if we're all being honest.

It's why I'm struggling to get so worked up over our current ownership as I know replace them with owner X doesn't really change anything.

I'm as close to being done with the entire game as I've ever been and the only thing keeping me there is the boss and the lads and actually watching a game of football, even though that's a chore as well these days.

It's the game itself and the billionaires in charge of it that is the issue and this latest scheme is the tip of the iceberg. The game has gone and needs big reforms for it to ever be that sport I first grew up with but I'm not sure that will ever happen.

Do FSG care about us? Probably not.

Do FSG want to be operating in a closed shop? Probably.

Do FSG really care about winning trophies? They do but only because it keeps us happy.

Do I think it would be any different if they were gone tomorrow? No.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #197: Apr 21, 2021 02:34:16 pm
      It is a mess and has been for quite some time if we're all being honest.

It's why I'm struggling to get so worked up over our current ownership as I know replace them with owner X doesn't really change anything.

I'm as close to being done with the entire game as I've ever been and the only thing keeping me there is the boss and the lads and actually watching a game of football, even though that's a chore as well these days.

It's the game itself and the billionaires in charge of it that is the issue and this latest scheme is the tip of the iceberg. The game has gone and needs big reforms for it to ever be that sport I first grew up with but I'm not sure that will ever happen.

Do FSG care about us? Probably not.

Do FSG want to be operating in a closed shop? Probably.

Do FSG really care about winning trophies? They do but only because it keeps us happy.

Do I think it would be any different if they were gone tomorrow? No.

Best post in this thread 👏👏
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #198: Apr 21, 2021 02:34:43 pm

F**k off you Tory sh*t house there is nothing that connects you with either the people or the football club.

You have no idea of what Shankley built this club to be all about.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #199: Apr 21, 2021 02:45:29 pm
      Ok but still I'm a little puzzled.

You're happy with FSG up until now, which suggests you got over the other times they have tried to get away with doing things the fans don't like, then they go along with this and the other clubs.

What element of what they have done over the years makes you so shocked and surprised they also were involved in this?

I'm not one bit surprised they have had their hands in this but I'm not naïve enough to think that whoever wines us at this point wouldn't have done exactly the same thing.

For me the entire game and it's structure is on its arse and that is a much wider issue of which owners of football clubs, FSG included, are part of a much bigger problem that needs addressing.

I didn't say I was happy....content is different. Content meaning I didn't see enough negative to completely go against them and as long as they weren't acting in a way that was completely anti-progress and anti-ethos. if you check my post history you'll see I've done my fair share of defending them at times as well as giving them sh*t. But to me, this latest stunt has taken me from "Eh...not really bothered if they are the owners" to full on "NOPE I'm done with them".
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #200: Apr 21, 2021 02:49:17 pm
      And we were faced with the threats of being kicked out of all domestic competitions yet FSG were still happy to proceed. Are you f**king thick? Piss off you wind up merchant and get a life you sad little troll. You spend 50% of your life on lfcreds winding people up you little ming.

I'm not sure how we could have been kicked out of the Premier League? This was ultimately about European competition. I don't think the EPL had any constitutional power or legal justification to punish the 6 teams had the super league gone ahead.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #201: Apr 21, 2021 02:53:20 pm

PS. Steve Parish can wind his neck in though, he is hypocritical little shi....te. So glad Carra called him out on some of the quotes he came out with when the league 1 and 2 clubs were asking for support during the pandemic.

Some of the hypocrisy from other clubs is astounding

Every single one of them would have lept at the chance

EFL have come out now and stated - will those Prem Club be as vocal about the money filtering down

It was all self preservation from those clubs about missing out on money - and Sky would have salivating at the prospect of those media rights
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #202: Apr 21, 2021 02:55:05 pm
      I actually thought that was a pretty genuine apology from the Owner, I'd still like to understand better why they decided to go for the Super League though, what forced their hand or motivated them, hopefully it wasn't just pure greed.

Sincere apology my arse. It's purely damage limitation but the ship has sailed there.

Liverpool FC is an appreciating asset and FSG simply want to position the club to a value where they can sell in the next few years at a multi billion profit. The Super League would have expedited this plan for FSG and those other c**t owners. It was effectively collusion by a bunch of business men who care f**k all about football or it's fans. Simple as.

They misread the market thinking there were enough plastic idiots out there who would buy into their plan. It failed massively which is why all these chairmen are running for the hills like the cowards they are fearing the retribution for their actions the last few days.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #203: Apr 21, 2021 03:13:43 pm

What else could it be, business men & in particular American business its always about the profit and how much, they didn't do it for the benefit of Liverpool FC that's for sure, despite his grovelling apology!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #204: Apr 21, 2021 03:19:04 pm
      Yeah and you know a massive part of what makes us unique?

The fans

And we pride ourselves on not lowering ourselves to calling and accusing  Jürgen like you regularly do

;D, ok super fan whatever you say, but I'll continue to point out where I think Jürgen Klopp has fu**ed up and when he really fucks up I will question how that happened, understood? On MOnday he either threw the game or completely misread the game to an amateur degree, whic of those options do you prefer to believe, he was Crap or he wanted to send a message to the owners?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #205: Apr 21, 2021 03:20:12 pm
      F**k off you Tory sh*t house there is nothing that connects you with either the people or the football club.

You have no idea of what Shankley built this club to be all about.

The club existed before Shankley
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #206: Apr 21, 2021 03:21:19 pm
      I'm not sure how we could have been kicked out of the Premier League? This was ultimately about European competition. I don't think the EPL had any constitutional power or legal justification to punish the 6 teams had the super league gone ahead.

Perhaps not but the threat was still there yet the superleague teams were still willing to proceed regardless.

It was only until the backlash of supporters they made a U turn.

Quick Reply