Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 26754 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Re: POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League
      Reply #368: May 02, 2021 09:01:59 pm
      You can have the 3 points and will take the fine if it gets the Glazers out.

The Glazers are not going to sell up because of today

The only way that will happen is if people stop buying tickets and stop buying merchandise but the good people of Essex won’t do that
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,780 posts | 891 
      Reply #369: May 02, 2021 09:02:35 pm
      It could but they obviously decided to take the chance, idiotic what they did breaking into the ground. F***ing morons as the demonstration outside was more than good enough to get the message across.

Says the guy who fully backed today's protest and sabotage, and was delighted that the match was postponed. Hypocrite much?  :roll:

Was only "effective" because they broke into the ground!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #370: May 02, 2021 09:04:32 pm
      The Glazers are not going to sell up because of today

Your probably right. However, least the fans are trying.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #371: May 02, 2021 09:07:05 pm
      Keith.... I seem to remember a certain Alex Ferguson referring to Man City as your noisy neighbours not long after he retired.
      I think the shoe is on the other foot Keith... your lot are the noisy neighbours these days...

No mention of Man City winning the league next week?
      Be interesting to see if any of their fans protest outside the Etihad next Saturday on the day they could clinch the title..

Just saying like  :f_tongueincheek:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #372: May 02, 2021 09:10:26 pm
      Can't argue with the bottom point, they've had 11 years plus or so since they first started protesting around the time we were protesting about G & H.

I disagree with first point, todays game is one of the biggest alongside El Clasico, plus the Roma game you have all the regulations that come with a European game, including effectively handing the ground over to UEFA. The protest that happened you could only do once and for maximum effect I understand why they chose today.
      Having Dan derr man on ignore means I can only see his post when you quote him. Can you stop quoting his post please my mate.  ;D Pretty please.  :D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #373: May 02, 2021 09:14:35 pm
      Your probably right. However, least the fans are trying.

I remember last time they tried - they wore green and yellow and stopped as soon as the team won the league a couple of times .

A lot of UTD fans right now are more angry with the fact City are winning - glazers have been owners for what 16 years now ? And only now they went beyond wearing green and yellow .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #374: May 02, 2021 09:15:21 pm
      Keith.... I seem to remember a certain Alex Ferguson referring to Man City as your noisy neighbours not long after he retired.
      I think the shoe is on the other foot Keith... your lot are the noisy neighbours these days...

No mention of Man City winning the league next week?
      Be interesting to see if any of their fans protest outside the Etihad next Saturday on the day they could clinch the title..

Just saying like  :f_tongueincheek:

Well their noise has got louder  :lmao: They won league couple of weeks ago for me.
      As for the fans protesting next week? It's a very good question isn't it. As we all know their owners have put  them on the math after 35 years of winning nothing so won't be hold my breath.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #375: May 02, 2021 09:16:50 pm
      I remember last time they tried - they wore green and yellow and stopped as soon as the team won the league a couple of times .

A lot of UTD fans right now are more angry with the fact City are winning - glazers have been owners for what 16 years now ? And only now they went beyond wearing green and yellow .

Right on both counts.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #376: May 02, 2021 09:26:29 pm
      Really? I thought you didn't care about City. Nothing they achieve is real because it's all been done artificially, financial doping etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #377: May 02, 2021 09:29:47 pm
      Really? I thought you didn't care about City. Nothing they achieve is real because it's all been done artificially, financial doping etc.

Is this post for me Isaac?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #378: May 02, 2021 09:30:17 pm
      Yep, sorry should have made it clearer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #379: May 02, 2021 09:31:01 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #380: May 02, 2021 09:35:06 pm

I don't care about them but I'd be lying if I said glad we don't have owners like them that not frightened of putting hands in their bottomless pockets to buy world class players.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,780 posts | 891 
      Reply #381: May 02, 2021 09:37:52 pm
      Having Dan derr man on ignore means I can only see his post when you quote him. Can you stop quoting his post please my mate.  ;D Pretty please.  :D

Hilarious. An alleged Man Utd fan has a Liverpool fan on ignore on a Liverpool forum.  :lmao:

Do grow up. You only got angry with me and threw your toys out when I called you out for lying - and quoted your lies.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #382: May 02, 2021 09:38:51 pm
      I don't care about them but I'd be lying if I said glad we don't have owners like them that not frightened of putting hands in their bottomless pockets to buy world class players.

But then any success you achieved would be widely regarded as empty and artificial. Even Liverpool would stop caring about the rivalry. It's like bribing the Premier League to give you twenty points start for every season. No one would take the victory seriously.

And the Glazers haven't exactly been stingy. Haven't you spent something like 700 million in eight years. That's hundreds of millions more than Liverpool. The main problem is that they've taken money out of the club and saddled you with debt.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2021 09:47:42 pm by Isaac! »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,038 posts | 537 
      Reply #383: May 02, 2021 09:41:05 pm
      Good luck to the Manc fans in getting the Glazers out. Fans have more power than they think they have. Organise a mass boycott of merchandise, a mass switch off (or just a collective "mute") during TV adverts etc and the pressure will build on the owners. Not actually hard to do if the will is there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #384: May 02, 2021 09:43:18 pm
      Probably been said before but imagine if that was our fans?

They got a free ride in the media but we all know if Utd were sitting clear at the top of the table their fans wouldn't give a F**k about their rotting stadium, euro super league or the debt.

Probably pissed because City about to win the League and CL while they're messing about playing Chris Smalling in a Europa semi and their manager is calling it the big one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #385: May 02, 2021 09:45:19 pm
      But then any success you achieved would be widely regarded as empty and artificial. Even Liverpool would stop caring about the rivalry. It's like bribing the Premier League to give you twenty points start for every season. No one would take the victory seriously.

Empty no, little artificial yes. However, fortunately we're renowned for producing the best academy in world football so will always get young talent still coming through the ranks.

The rivalry will never stop with us two clubs.  ;D it's very special and there's no other game like it in my opinion. Obviously to many of your supporters it's Everton which is understandable.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #386: May 02, 2021 09:47:47 pm
      Good luck to the Manc fans in getting the Glazers out. Fans have more power than they think they have. Organise a mass boycott of merchandise, a mass switch off (or just a collective "mute") during TV adverts etc and the pressure will build on the owners. Not actually hard to do if the will is there.

It's certainly one way of hurting them from their pockets. Problem is with allegedly over 140 million fans world wide how many will take notice to have such impact on sales?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #387: May 02, 2021 09:50:48 pm
      Good luck to the Manc fans in getting the Glazers out. Fans have more power than they think they have.

Fans have a significant amount of power, always have.   Rightly or wrongly, getting a game postponed will have probably alerted some of the fanbase outside of their city about issues with the club.

The only reason the Glazers are still there is because, initially, they were enjoying a sustained period of success which quelled a lot of dissent.  Ole desperately needs to deliver the Glazers that UEFA cup now!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #388: May 02, 2021 09:51:36 pm

A lot of truth, but get the feeling the ESL stuff was their tipping point.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #389: May 02, 2021 09:55:39 pm

Maybe - if that was the case then We can expect many more protest but I doubt it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #390: May 02, 2021 09:56:03 pm

Head-- Nail-- On-- The

Quick Reply