Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leeds - Wednesday 23/02 @ 7:45pm

Read 8057 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leeds - Wednesday 23/02 @ 7:45pm
      Feb 21, 2022 11:31:37 am
      https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/1495707402246758402?s=21

This game feels MASSIVE. Have to take advantage of City’s loss at home and put the pressure on.

I hope he goes full strength:

Alisson

Robertson
      Matip
      VVD
      Trent

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Elliott

Mane
      Diaz
      Salah
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2022 06:48:54 pm by JD »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool v Leeds - Wednesday 23/02 @ 7:45pm
      Reply #1: Feb 21, 2022 11:42:11 am
      https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/1495707402246758402?s=21

This game feels MASSIVE. Have to take advantage of City’s loss at home and put the pressure on.

I hope he goes full strength:

Alisson

Robertson
      Matip
      VVD
      Trent

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Elliott

Mane
      Diaz
      Salah

every game is massive. He has to go strong in this one and on sunday, but 4 days between games so should be enough time for most to rest.

And yet again a game that's not on tv in wonderful UK. ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2022 07:13:36 pm by RedPuppy »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #2: Feb 21, 2022 11:51:21 am
      every game is massive. He has to go strong in this one and on sunday, but 4 days between games so should be enough time for most to rest.

I can’t believe this game isn’t live?! F***ing joke.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #3: Feb 21, 2022 11:56:15 am
      I believe it’s not live as it wasn’t scheduled to be live first time around ,
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Feb 21, 2022 12:15:16 pm
      Alisson

Robertson
      Matip
      VVD
      Trent

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Elliott

Mane
      Diaz
      Salah

This for me apart from Konate in for Matip. Don't think Matip had the best of games vs Norwich and with us having 3 games in  about 7/8 days (Norwich, Leeds and Chelsea), I'd be amazed if Matip was to play all 3.

Didn't we have a game postponed that was due to be shown on Prime?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Feb 21, 2022 12:49:56 pm
      Should be looking to smash these and get city really thinking here we come

Theyll give us a load of chances so just make sure we take a few

Ali

Trent Matip Virg Robbo

Fab Thiago Harvey

Mo   Sadio  Diaz
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Feb 21, 2022 01:05:56 pm

ah i c.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Feb 21, 2022 01:07:41 pm
      I can’t believe this game isn’t live?! F***ing joke.

its fact this is 3rd league game in a row. and there have been more than that. feels like there are less games on sky this season, maybe it feels worse as we had every game televised during covid lockdown.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #8: Feb 21, 2022 01:19:39 pm

I agree every game is massive, but this feels like what happens in tennis, when a player works so hard to get a break but can’t follow it up with holding their next service game - the pressure is immense.

Leeds are a strange team who can do something special so we have to be on our toes.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Feb 21, 2022 01:24:41 pm
      I agree every game is massive, but this feels like what happens in tennis, when a player works so hard to get a break but can’t follow it up with holding their next service game - the pressure is immense.

Leeds are a strange team who can do something special so we have to be on our toes.

defo.

But we could win this and lose the next league game. just dunno.

As they always say, 1 game at a time.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #10: Feb 21, 2022 01:37:39 pm

Like letting their opponent score? ;D
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #11: Feb 21, 2022 01:50:42 pm

Yeah we've gone from "let's just keep playing our game and see what happens" to "F**k me we're in a race".

Can our boys hold? Time will tell.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #12: Feb 21, 2022 02:45:12 pm

The opposite actually.

This was meant to be the 1230 KO on Boxing Day on BT so F**k knows why it’s not on TV now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #13: Feb 21, 2022 02:49:26 pm
      Just want the 3 points & all players fit and raring to go for Sunday...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Feb 21, 2022 02:57:19 pm
      The opposite actually.

This was meant to be the 1230 KO on Boxing Day on BT so f**k knows why it’s not on TV now.

aHA. So if it was due to be on BT, thats why its not on, as they have a busy champions league evening wednesday.

But even at that, surely they enough staff to also cover a league game. or are the worried folk would tune in to watch the reds rather than champions league. but why worry about that as its still folk watching BT.

I give in. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Feb 21, 2022 02:59:12 pm
      aHA. So if it was due to be on BT, thats why its not on, as they have a busy champions league evening wednesday.

But even at that, surely they enough staff to also cover a league game. or are the worried folk would tune in to watch the reds rather than champions league. but why worry about that as its still folk watching BT.

I give in. ;D

Wonder what game they will end up showing of ours as a replacement then because they'll be an obligation for them to show X amount of our games.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16: Feb 21, 2022 03:36:19 pm
      Wonder what game they will end up showing of ours as a replacement then because they'll be an obligation for them to show X amount of our games.

good point.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #17: Feb 21, 2022 04:26:35 pm
      we now play before City for the next 4 games...

If We beat Leeds and Everton get something we could go a point behind by beating West Ham.

Then its the Manc Derby.

Every game is the next important one I know but....
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #18: Feb 21, 2022 05:05:08 pm
      The opposite actually.

This was meant to be the 1230 KO on Boxing Day on BT so F**k knows why it’s not on TV now.
      I looked yesterday and didn’t find it , cheers
      Whaddapie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 21, 2022 05:50:50 pm
      Really starting to feel good about how the rest of this season is shaping up for us...

Saw a lot of negativity about Saturday's match here, until Sadio and Mo eased the nerves - Bottom line:  We have to rotate the team to keep our players fresh, so expecting either a full-strength team and / or Brazil 1970-esque performance week in and week out simply isn't realistic.  Jürgen didn't pick the wrong side on Saturday, and everybody wasn't utter sh*te (except Ox)...  We needed to field that team so as to give ourselves the best chance to still be humming along at the end of the season when, with a bit of luck, we'll still be fighting for the league and the European Cup.

I say that to continue on that I expect somewhat of the same on Wednesday night...  This is a game that we SHOULD be able to handle with a less than full strength team (as we ended up doing on Saturday, remember), and I expect more changes to the starting team - I think that our starting FBs will likely be back, but I'd start Konate instead on Joel, and save him for the final on Sunday.  I'd also look at starting an entirely different midfield (Fabs, Harvey and Jones, maybe) and maybe start Divock between Mo and Sadio - Diaz has started brilliantly for us, but if he picks up an injury and we're already without Diogo and Bobbie, we'll struggle.

The only positive that comes from a scum win yesterday is that Leeds will likely feel both physically and mentally drained after that battle...  They gave everything that they had - you could see how tired they were in the end - and still lost, in a very physical encounter - I'm not sure that they'll have that same fight in them on Wednesday night.  I'm not sure they'll be able to summon that effort again, so soon.

So, hopefully a relatively comfortable win (for a change), where we can rest some of our VIPs after 45-60 mins, 'coz it's already in the bag.

Can't see this team slipping up against a team as poor as Leeds.  Just like we didn't against Norwich.  It may not be pretty, but we'll take care of things, and then it really is game on in the league! 
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #20: Feb 21, 2022 05:53:33 pm
      Would u rather put up your srongest 11 for Leeds or for the final vs. Chelsea? As an everlasting Caraboa-Skeptic I'd easily choose Leeds and rotate heavily against Chelsea, and there's a decent chance since the latest developments of the weekend that many could agree with me, but do they?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21: Feb 21, 2022 06:09:32 pm
      Would u rather put up your srongest 11 for Leeds or for the final vs. Chelsea? As an everlasting Caraboa-Skeptic I'd easily choose Leeds and rotate heavily against Chelsea, and there's a decent chance since the latest developments of the weekend that many could agree with me, but do they?

We have a squad capable of winning both games and should be treated as such. On the whole, if the Carabao Cup was against a team like Villa for example, I wouldn’t really be fussed in the slightest if we didn’t win it. But, I really do hate the Chavs and it doesn’t feel like luck has been on our side against them recently and certainly not in the domestic cups. Win both games and make your question irrelevant hopefully.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #22: Feb 21, 2022 06:16:13 pm
      Wonder if Origi will be given  a chance through the middle allowing Mane a rest and have him on bench if required. Trent and Robbo musts to return along with Fab

Quick Reply