Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 28570 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #115: Jun 09, 2022 08:02:02 pm
      Living off past histories aswell.

Well you lot did same thing for long enough, now its my turn.  :f_doh:
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #116: Jun 09, 2022 08:11:38 pm
      No chance for 80m.  He is not a game changer like VVD.  I won't value him higher than Diaz.  This is also stupid to compare him to Haaland.

22 and is a quality striker with so much potential to be a monster of a player. Definitely worth it in the current market

He dismantled us
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #117: Jun 09, 2022 08:13:38 pm
      Exited for this signing, but Would this be our only summer signing?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #118: Jun 09, 2022 08:24:26 pm
      Living off past histories aswell.

dont be too hard mate its been a bad decade for him he has to have hope.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #119: Jun 09, 2022 08:25:57 pm
      22 and is a quality striker with so much potential to be a monster of a player. Definitely worth it in the current market

He dismantled us

So heā€™s gone from having a decent game against you to dismantling you.  ;D Wouldnā€™t be by any chance thatā€™s because it looks like heā€™s joining you lot! would it.  :lmao:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #120: Jun 09, 2022 08:55:10 pm
      Although i personally think that its a high fee, and a huge risk. That makes me pretty sure that it wouldnt have gone through if JK didnt want him. With the record JK and the scouts have, they have deserved full backing whomever they sign for how much they want. So im not really worried about the signing nor the amount.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #121: Jun 09, 2022 08:55:17 pm

Considering we already have Carvalho I don't think so.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #122: Jun 09, 2022 08:57:34 pm

We need squad signings for Origi and Taki, so doubt it. Won't be big though.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #123: Jun 09, 2022 09:17:57 pm
      The whores from Manchester try to sneak him away from us. Best sign he's not worth it. Again: for 50 Mio., yes, totally, but 80 Mio.? Nope, he's not a proven winner like VVD or Alisson in a top 3 league. I could show you some superstars in my country's 5th league but they are just superstars because their competition is...well...5th league material. So do not get deceived by how a player looks like in an inferior league and the portuguese league is inferior to the PL.

But ultimately I trust Klopp and his staff. They have the inside, they have the expertise, they have a successful history of acquisitions...and that is why they will not do the deal eventually. :f_whistle:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #124: Jun 09, 2022 09:21:29 pm
      We need squad signings for Origi and Taki, so doubt it. Won't be big though.

If Taki does leave we would likely bring someone else in, but if not then we're pretty set up front.

Diaz
      Jota
      Bobby
      Salah
      Nunez (if it finalizes)
      Taki

That's plenty of talent there and JĆ¼rgen may also move Elliott and/or Carvalho up front, without even counting on potentially a bigger role for Gordon who looks very promising.

I could see a midfielder added if Ox leaves, but nothing rumored yet on his exit that i have seen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #125: Jun 09, 2022 09:23:28 pm
      The whores from Manchester try to sneak him away from us. Best sign he's not worth it. Again: for 50 Mio., yes, totally, but 80 Mio.? Nope, he's not a proven winner like VVD or Alisson in a top 3 league. I could show you some superstars in my country's 5th league but they are just superstars because their competition is...well...5th league material. So do not get deceived by how a player looks like in an inferior league and the portuguese league is inferior to the PL.

But ultimately I trust Klopp and his staff. They have the inside, they have the expertise, they have a successful history of acquisitions...and that is why they will not do the deal eventually. :f_whistle:

Does it take effort to come off as a muppet or does it come natural to you?

Allison and VVD were proven winners? How so? What had they won at that point?
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #126: Jun 10, 2022 12:02:10 am
      Anyone who is interested in how to ā€œuseā€ Nunez. Quite a good take. Anyone thinks he would fit into our system, or would we further evolve with him?

https://youtu.be/9wcS0Kn8gyQ
      Cool vid that, I'll check out the channel because the presentation of the vid is boss. Thanks, I'm getting hyped about Nunez, I liked his highlight stuff, there is deffo something about him, 22 too, nearly all or all of our academy kids 22, 23, 24 wouldn't be at that level in that position over the recent years, it's rare to see an emerging striker coming along these days. and as pointed out in the video it seems he reads the game well and makes space for himself in tight situations.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #127: Jun 10, 2022 12:10:36 am
      Anyone who is interested in how to ā€œuseā€ Nunez. Quite a good take. Anyone thinks he would fit into our system, or would we further evolve with him?

https://youtu.be/9wcS0Kn8gyQ

Evolve is an interesting word because the heavy metal style of Klopp's first couple of years has definitely been altered to allow for us to have more possession, but at times we've looked somewhat out of answers for the teams who bunker in, and Nunez can be a help with this, not just as a traditional target man (in fact almost never as that - we're not looking to circle back to Benteke 2.0), but as a penalty box player who receives services of various types because of his movement and positioning, where Diaz and Salah are maybe more the ones who do the instigating of chances themselves.

This might better utilize Thiago's vision and lethal passing, and perhaps another midfielder who gets further forward (Elliott, Carvalho?). It should give us more tactical options. I watched Nunez for Uruguay last weekend vs. the USA and while he didn't have a great game, you really see the combination of size and speed which could be a tremendous weapon for whatever team he's on (especially with the right guidance).
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #128: Jun 10, 2022 12:40:26 am
      Considering we already have Carvalho I don't think so.

;D. The Scot should be coming in too. The one thing I've learned with this current front office, is don't try and predict em. Good things coming
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #129: Jun 10, 2022 01:47:15 am
      If we sign this lad, its a serious statement.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #130: Jun 10, 2022 02:09:29 am
      Does it take effort to come off as a muppet or does it come natural to you?

Allison and VVD were proven winners? How so? What had they won at that point?

I meant "winners" in terms of: proven to be top players, recognized by their peers, in two of the world's top leagues. Nunez is not that kind of player (yet). Again, I just say that 80 Mio. seems too much for the risk. Klopp not only had sucessful aquisitions: Shaq, Keita before this year, Ox, .... Imagine he'd have spent 80 Mio. on just one of them. I stay skeptical.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #131: Jun 10, 2022 02:42:33 am
      I meant "winners" in terms of: proven to be top players, recognized by their peers, in two of the world's top leagues. Nunez is not that kind of player (yet). Again, I just say that 80 Mio. seems too much for the risk. Klopp not only had sucessful aquisitions: Shaq, Keita before this year, Ox, .... Imagine he'd have spent 80 Mio. on just one of them. I stay skeptical.

Actually, people laughed at us when we paid so much for VVD (and to some extent, for Ali as well). They were both seen as good, but not THAT good. Guess who's laughing now...

Just read the first page here if you don't believe me.
      https://www.redcafe.net/threads/virgil-van-dijk-performances.435877/
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2022 02:49:44 am by PTU »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #132: Jun 10, 2022 03:03:03 am
      Actually, people laughed at us when we paid so much for VVD (and to some extent, for Ali as well). They were both seen as good, but not THAT good. Guess who's laughing now...

Especially VvD who came off a injury riddled 2017.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #133: Jun 10, 2022 07:42:26 am
      Itā€™s simple ppl, especially for those dumb fuckers with no name,
      what have we learned from the signings JĆ¼rgen has made in his 5.5 seasons, he doesnā€™t sign sh*te, he signs top quality individuals then turns them into predominantly world class players, playing in a system that only they can fit into, that is why we have become a well oiled machine, it is why we can compete for and take to the wire in the four competitions available,

We all witnessed ourselves this fellaā€™s capabilities so I think itā€™s safe to assume that he is indeed quality and if JĆ¼rgen et al think the same, which they so obviously do, then how can anyone argue against, or how can anyone doubt his and their judgement, the proof if any were needed is there for all to see,

Hands up,
      who else seen Robbo come in from Hull for Ā£8k and a packet of wotsits,  who envisaged Konate arriving before his former mate Upamecano fu**ed off to Bayern, who seen Joel Matip arrive for free from Schalke, did you research Flaco(Fabinho) before coming in from Monaco, oh and did anyone notice Thiago Alcantara slide in from Bayern M, and did anyone take a blind bit of notice of Luis Diaz before JĆ¼rgen saved him from depravity at Spuds in January???

Ok maybe one or two were already established internationalā€™s but you get my drift, JĆ¼rgen donā€™t sign inferior individualā€™s, he will only bring those in who fit and who he can improve, now I would have thought most of you would have a fair idea by now how JĆ¼rgen and the transfer committee operate, and it obviously works, so can anyone see why this signing wouldnā€™t either,  I donā€™t ??

See, simples when you have a brain cell or three, rather than a marble in a biscuit tin !!

Welcome to Anfield Darwin  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #134: Jun 10, 2022 10:43:46 am

Just read the first page here if you don't believe me.
      https://www.redcafe.net/threads/virgil-van-dijk-performances.435877/

You are right. I can admit that I was one of those fools that didn't want us to sign Ali for that sum and I can assure you that I wasn't the only one in this forum.

Both vvd and Ali were considered huge risk signings because of the huge amounts we paid. The commen narrative was good players but not good enough for that amount.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #135: Jun 10, 2022 10:57:32 am
      Like Iā€™ve said before, itā€™s not even worth the hassle of thinking ā€˜is this player that good?ā€™ or ā€˜is this player worth that?ā€™ because we ainā€™t got a scooby doo at the end of the day compared to the guys in the background at the club, whoā€™ve proven time and time again, especially with forwards, they know what they are doing, and see things we simply canā€™t.

Even Minamino, although not a starter, played his role towards a trophy and looks like he could be moved on for a tidy Ā£10 million profitā€¦ the scouts and transfer dealers know exactly what they are doing, with Klopp at their side.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #136: Jun 10, 2022 11:56:03 am
      Dunno, just feel really hyped about this player, hope he doesn't go to Man U or anything, there is logic why I want to see him play for us and coached here, improving. I think his return will be better than Haaland this season, shouldn't fall into the Nunez v Haaland thing that the media will definitely be doing, many are shooting him down in youtube comments, got a good feeling we'll be signing a top player here.
       After the whole Sadio and Mo going or nearly gone thing, it's something to look forward to and I really am looking forward to seeing him play for us, Jota getting back into his swing and Diaz improving too, oh yeah our new midfielder,  Carvalho, looks like the Curtis Jones we thought we had i.e attacking midfielder, who knows even Curtis may turn up this season.
       Can't wait for football to start again, not really into International football, it's better than nothing I suppose.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,082 posts | 630 
      Reply #137: Jun 10, 2022 01:20:33 pm
      You are right. I can admit that I was one of those fools that didn't want us to sign Ali for that sum and I can assure you that I wasn't the only one in this forum.

Both vvd and Ali were considered huge risk signings because of the huge amounts we paid. The commen narrative was good players but not good enough for that amount.

I actually was one of those that wanted to give Karius another chance... (not sure I should openly admit this) :roll: :roll: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply