Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 96972 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 443 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1265: Apr 07, 2024 06:33:13 pm
      Problem is Jota just cannot stay fit.

Would be nice to have a Konate at the back too but neither can he.

Worrying.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,462 posts | 2854 
      Reply #1266: Apr 07, 2024 06:34:52 pm
      Wretched record in the big league games.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 844 
      Reply #1267: Apr 07, 2024 06:40:59 pm
      Yeah Nunez won’t cut it.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #1268: Apr 07, 2024 06:41:33 pm
      The Captain Chaos tag is wearing thin....Poor today
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1269: Apr 07, 2024 07:52:19 pm

Meaning what exactly? You think he'll be sold in the summer? A guy that's scored 18 and assisted 14 playing 2 positions for us this season? Are you high?

Once he came off, our threat went out the window. You keep your biggest threats on the pitch. Jones and Gakpo added F**k all.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1270: Apr 07, 2024 08:19:11 pm
      Diaz getting pelters in his thread but Nunez always gets off Scott free. Not a great game today, final ball was really disappointing and he seemed to make the wrong passing/shooting choice time and time again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1271: Apr 07, 2024 08:22:36 pm
      Diaz getting pelters in his thread but Nunez always gets off Scott free. Not a great game today, final ball was really disappointing and he seemed to make the wrong passing/shooting choice time and time again.

It was his worst game for a while now
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1272: Apr 07, 2024 08:42:54 pm
      Off the front players thought Nunez contributed least today.
      The guy gives his all and will never give up, and all credit to him for that.
      But his finishing was erratic and his decision making fell short a bit too often.
      Not that Mo or Diaz covered themselves in glory in the finishing department either.
      We create so many chances, I think with a fit Jota we win that game.
      I know he has different strengths than Jota, but as a centre forward he needs to have more end product when playing in a team that creates so much.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1273: Apr 07, 2024 09:15:23 pm
      Did well for the flick on but otherwise Kambwala had him in his pocket.....the kid had a game to remember tbf to him.

There was 1 opportunity where if he just cuts it back to Szobo he basically has a tap in.

For me Szobo was the main culprit, he squandered 3 huge chances. The 1 where he went through on goal after Mo played him in and shot straight at Onana, the 1 where Robbo put it on a plate for him and he missed the target from the penalty spot and then the one where he opted to slide Bradley in when it was crying out for a shot.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2024 09:20:55 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1274: Apr 07, 2024 10:34:32 pm
      I love the whole chaos thing but this guy can't finish chances.

You can't pair him with a player as dire at finishing as Diaz. It's either one or the other. Sheer volume of chances means nothing if none of our strikers can actually score.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1275: Apr 07, 2024 10:37:53 pm

You can't pair him with a player as dire at finishing as Diaz. It's either one or the other. Sheer volume of chances means nothing if none of our strikers can actually score.

Well that's not statistically correct is it as he's proven 33 times since he joined he can finish, he just doesn't finish off as many as he should which goes for about 95% of forwards. Salah should have about 300 goals, easily, for the club but we give him the benefit of the doubt every time because he's popped up with 209 so far and set an unprecedented record in his first season. Haaland should have about (as crazy as it sounds) over 100 goals for City be now but he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's set an unprecedented record in his first season.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2024 10:43:20 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1276: Apr 07, 2024 10:53:43 pm
      Well that's not statistically correct is it as he's proven 33 times since he joined he can finish
      Statistically correct? Scoring 33 goals is no indicator of his ability to convert chances into goals if you have no info about the total number of chances. It's fairly evident the guy misses more than he scores.

he just doesn't finish off as many as he should which goes for about 95% of forwards
      So about 1 in 20 forwards can actually score? How about we get one of those to play alongside him.

Salah should have about 300 goals, easily, for the club but we give him the benefit of the doubt every time because he's popped up with 209 so far.
      Are we really trying to compare Nunez to Salah?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1277: Apr 07, 2024 11:11:02 pm
      Statistically correct? Scoring 33 goals is no indicator of his ability to convert chances into goals if you have no info about the total number of chances. It's fairly evident the guy misses more than he scores.
      So about 1 in 20 forwards can actually score? How about we get one of those to play alongside him.
      Are we really trying to compare Nunez to Salah?

I'm using simple stats to disprove your point that he can't finish chances, then using the same stats with other players to show the same can then be said about them (they can't finish) if you wanted to push that narrative. He's shown he can finish and much as he can be wasteful, that's the best definition to describe his finishing. He's scored 33 but should be on 50 so no I don't agree his misses more clear chances than he scores.....that's a baseless assumption.

Nunez - 41% shot accuracy, 11 goals from an xG of 14.84. No pens.
      Haaland - 47% shot accuracy, 19 goals from an xG of 21.96. 3 pens.

That is Nunez up against what many people believe to be the best striker in the world.......well the stats above don't show Nunez is any more wasteful than him, just that he scores less goals from a much lesser chance rate. Yes the 3 pens boost that xG up, each pen is given an xG of 0.75 so x3 and you have 2.25 so without the pens Haaland has 16 goals from an xG of 19.71

Salah - 48% shot accuracy, 17 goals from an xG of 18.4. 5 pens.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2024 11:18:19 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 6411 
      Reply #1278: Apr 08, 2024 12:53:09 am

You can’t pair him with the guy that scored the first goal off an assist from Darwin?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1279: Apr 08, 2024 12:55:28 am
      You can’t pair him with the guy that scored the first goal off an assist from Darwin?

:lmao:

They both miss too many chances don't you know, that's how they've managed 31 goals and 17 assists between them this season and that's excluding the 5 pens they've won between them which we scored from that technically don't get credited as being assists.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6792 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1280: Apr 08, 2024 08:31:01 am
      I just don't think his Football Brain has developed yet.

Someone correctly said it in the Match thread, he shoots when he is supposed to pass and pass when he is supposed to shoot! Drives me F***ing batty.

But then he gets a header like that. No one else is directing that towards goal from our side.

Scary when it all clicks.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1281: Apr 08, 2024 01:38:41 pm
      Sky sports stat

Nunez has missed 80 percent of his clear cut chances in the premier league this season

If him and Diaz were just at the average level required, we would have more points
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1282: Apr 08, 2024 01:40:29 pm

It’s not an accomplishment someone taking 5 chances to score 1 goal ffs

It’s an accomplishment missing the other 4

I agree, only one of Nunez and Diaz should play as we can’t carry two forwards who can’t finish imo

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1283: Apr 08, 2024 01:43:35 pm
      It’s not an accomplishment someone taking 5 chances to score 1 goal ffs

It’s an accomplishment missing the other 4

I agree, only one of Nunez and Diaz should play as we can’t carry two forwards who can’t finish imo

You should consider changing your name to LostTheFaith.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 844 
      Reply #1284: Apr 08, 2024 02:01:14 pm
      Meaning what exactly? You think he'll be sold in the summer? A guy that's scored 18 and assisted 14 playing 2 positions for us this season? Are you high?

Once he came off, our threat went out the window. You keep your biggest threats on the pitch. Jones and Gakpo added F**k all.

No, I meant he won't cut it if he can't score easy chances. Once he came off we were the same as we were at the start of the game.

He might transform under the new manager next season but I highly doubt it.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #1285: Apr 08, 2024 02:05:43 pm
      Was gash yesterday. Sometimes he just looks dumb. Think that's a problem with footballers generally as most failed at school.

He gets closed down and doesn't even know until the ball is taken from his feet. He shoots erratically, and wasted so many chances. Needs to do better.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,053 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1286: Apr 08, 2024 02:10:35 pm
      No, I meant he won't cut it if he can't score easy chances. Once he came off we were the same as we were at the start of the game.

He might transform under the new manager next season but I highly doubt it.

He doesn't need to "transform", he just needs to score a few more goals instead of missing them....everything else in his game is spot on.

& no we weren't the same, our threat died down. When he was on the pitch we created 9-10 big chances.....when he came off we created 1 (excluding the penalty).
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1287: Apr 08, 2024 02:12:48 pm
      You should consider changing your name to LostTheFaith.

You should consider allowing people to have an opinion and agreeing with other people

The name has nothing to do with calling poor finishing what it is, get your head out of the sand

Quick Reply