Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 97650 times
      Arab Scouse, stuey and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,446 posts | 817 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1587: May 09, 2024 12:15:53 pm
      Why not?

By that time he'll have only entered his prime.
      He's an enigma this lad....I think even Klopp has struggled to know what to do with him....he's a real box of frogs.
      Slot might be the guy who unlocks his potential.....It's worth another season....Having said all of that, If he was ever to become the goal machine we thought...we'd have seen more evidence of it by now. Key season ahead...and not just for him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #1588: May 09, 2024 02:38:24 pm
      Should that not be the case then ?

Tell me what you would expect of a player that could end up costing around 85 million pounds- currently is at around 75 million

Price tag attracts expectations and rightly so imo

I just hope next year we don’t go in with the same 5, they have shown when it comes to crunch time, they don’t have what we need. I don’t know or really care about who should go but we need someone else to break that 5 up imo

Jota if fit would fix our issues though

In 1999 a Ferrari 360 Modena was 100,000 quid (give or take).

Today that amount of money adjusted for inflation would be 217,000 quid.

Prices fluctuate and go up over time. Of course Nunez was going to cost more than Mane..he was bought several years later in different market conditions.

The price has no bearing when comparing the players output and how much stick they are given.

I can remember on this very board people giving Mane stick for some of the chances he would miss, some of the passes he would misplace or not even make.

But now that he's gone it's like he never put a foot wrong.

Same thing with Suarez.

People need to chill on the Nunez hate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #1589: May 09, 2024 02:39:32 pm
      He's an enigma this lad....I think even Klopp has struggled to know what to do with him....he's a real box of frogs.
      Slot might be the guy who unlocks his potential.....It's worth another season....Having said all of that, If he was ever to become the goal machine we thought...we'd have seen more evidence of it by now. Key season ahead...and not just for him.

I just want to say that "a real box of frogs" is definitely going to be the best analogy that I'll hear today, this week and maybe for awhile and it sums up Nunez completely.

Thank you for this kind sir.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,201 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1590: May 09, 2024 03:06:20 pm
      Why not?

By that time he'll have only entered his prime.

So you’re saying you’d give a player 4 years to get it right? The only reason he gets one more year is merely because you now have 🦥 in charge. If Klopp had stayed he might not of survived or just become a sub player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,201 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1591: May 09, 2024 03:07:51 pm

Said this for nearly a year now.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,087 posts | 211 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1592: May 09, 2024 03:35:56 pm
      So you’re saying you’d give a player 4 years to get it right? The only reason he gets one more year is merely because you now have 🦥 in charge. If Klopp had stayed he might not of survived or just become a sub player.

If he was a million miles away then no, Nunez isn't a million miles away. He has everything to his game besides the conversion rate.

Klopp has always spoken highly of him and his importance to the team being more than just goals.

This urge to get players out at the first sign of struggle is mindless considering people wanted him gone last summer, if that was the case we never would've witnessed Hendo becoming captain and lead us to our first Prem title....we never would've seen Origi score the winner in a CL final after scoring a brace to put us there in the first place. Firmino never would've have been part of the best front trio arguably in Prem history.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,794 posts | 892 
      Reply #1593: May 09, 2024 03:38:52 pm

You don't have one single player at his level. You'd be lucky to have anyone as good as him. Perhaps just focus on your own shocking squad and their failings.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,201 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1594: May 09, 2024 05:56:56 pm
      You don't have one single player at his level. You'd be lucky to have anyone as good as him. Perhaps just focus on your own shocking squad and their failings.

You’re right we don’t, we don’t have any player with a worse percentage rate in front of goal. 😂
      DanMann

• 5,794 posts | 892 
      Reply #1595: May 09, 2024 06:04:53 pm
      You’re right we don’t, we don’t have any player with a worse percentage rate in front of goal. 😂

Your team is on negative goal difference.  :lmao:

You need such a player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,201 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1596: May 09, 2024 06:14:13 pm
      Your team is on negative goal difference.  :lmao:

You need such a player.

We need more than one, not forgetting the problems behind the  scenes 🤦‍♂️ Don’t worry United won’t be worry you lot anytime soon. 🤢 Nunez remains an enigma in my book. That gives me a get out clause if he sorts out what’s between his ears 😂
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,735 posts | 157 
      Reply #1597: May 10, 2024 11:19:12 am
      Radio Fénix journalist Nicolás Saavedra: "Mendes wants him [Nuñez] to leave Liverpool. He’s a footballer whom he holds in very high regard and he has other aspirations for him."

Wake me up another Latin American agent trying to cause drama in the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,210 posts | 3478 
      Reply #1598: May 10, 2024 11:29:11 am
      Radio Fénix journalist Nicolás Saavedra: "Mendes wants him [Nuñez] to leave Liverpool. He’s a footballer whom he holds in very high regard and he has other aspirations for him."

Wake me up another Latin American agent trying to cause drama in the club

Don’t react to it 🤷‍♂️
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,282 posts | 933 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1599: May 10, 2024 07:14:11 pm
      We need more than one, not forgetting the problems behind the  scenes 🤦‍♂️ Don’t worry United won’t be worry you lot anytime soon. 🤢 Nunez remains an enigma in my book. That gives me a get out clause if he sorts out what’s between his ears 😂

If he starts to finish his game he wel be phenomenal
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,087 posts | 211 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1600: May 10, 2024 08:07:16 pm
      Ward and Marques back. Hopefully means Nunez is staying put.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2860 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1601: May 10, 2024 08:46:32 pm
      Ward and Marques back. Hopefully means Nunez is staying put.

If we are selling it has to be for 85 million minimum,  we need to get our money back on him

If nobody ants to pay he stays and thats not a bad thing for me, unless its as a main striker
      Don77

• 6,634 posts | 1121 
      Reply #1602: May 10, 2024 10:43:14 pm
      If we are selling it has to be for 85 million minimum,  we need to get our money back on him

If nobody ants to pay he stays and thats not a bad thing for me, unless its as a main striker

Never getting 85m for him. Hes not even worth half that. We got robbed blind. But thats not a reason to keep him. Sell and buy a better player with the money or put it toward a better player. We wont win the league with nunez and diaz ... sorry. Every year you keep him his value gets less. And theres been too many freebies at this club over the past 5 years.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,620 posts | 757 
      Reply #1603: May 11, 2024 05:08:44 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #1604: May 11, 2024 09:42:39 am
      But we will likely ship an extra thirty with how tight we play our lines. 😂
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1605: May 11, 2024 12:44:40 pm
      Never getting 85m for him. Hes not even worth half that. We got robbed blind. But thats not a reason to keep him. Sell and buy a better player with the money or put it toward a better player. We wont win the league with nunez and diaz ... sorry. Every year you keep him his value gets less. And theres been too many freebies at this club over the past 5 years.

I’ve come to accept people are in denial when it comes to those two. They want them to be better so much that they think it will magically occur

I hope our new manager and team are ruthless to sell the deadwood in the squad and aim to be number 1
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8644 
      Reply #1606: May 11, 2024 01:48:25 pm

Offside is not the main issue.

His shooting however is.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,087 posts | 211 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1607: May 11, 2024 01:53:32 pm

Hahaha. What a stupid nonsensical rule change but get in. This'll take Darwin's chaos levels up a few notches, gonna be sexy sh*t.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1608: May 11, 2024 02:07:50 pm
      Hahaha. What a stupid nonsensical rule change but get in. This'll take Darwin's chaos levels up a few notches, gonna be sexy sh*t.

It’s a trial that’s been approved…..

This won’t be in for at least another year
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #1609: May 11, 2024 02:11:34 pm
      Offside is not the main issue.

His shooting however is.

This

I do wonder what his training regime must be like, Rooney said something interesting how in the modern game, they don’t let you train past certain times to add in extra private work. He also feels finishing is rarely trained now and it’s
      More based on other aspects

The days of players staying after training to practice themselves which a lot of great ex players said they used to do seems to be over

I just can’t believe how it’s not really in two seasons? Same with Diaz

Quick Reply