Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19105 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Jan 14, 2023 05:17:05 pm
      The crazy thing for me is that when the camera pans to JK he just looks bewildered. His mouth is open or he's smirking. What does he expect when he gets smashed by Brentford and then puts the same group out, in the same system? I understand we're injured and this nintendo our first team, but it is what it is. Change stuff. This team isn't working. Do some different sh*t. Play some youthful guys who have drive and pace.

This shits gonna be gone by the time we get healthy if we don't figure it out.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Re: Live: Brighton V Liverpool
      Reply #507: Jan 14, 2023 05:17:07 pm
      I’ve seen us play some poor footy before, but I’ve never been so embarrassed about a performance.

How can a side from any level be allowed to play through us with such ease. They were clearly taking the piss towards the end, and we had no answer to it.

No movement off the ball.  Standing still waiting for the ball to arrive and getting it intercepted. Passing accuracy akin to an under 10 side.
      First touch abysmal lack of control.
      Two shots on target in 96 mins.
      Brighton, BRIGHTON, sweeping through us with one touch passing.
      Being allowed to play out from the back with ease, always having at least two options to pass to unmarked.
      Most of the time we were 3 yds off the player receiving the ball.
      Never seen anything like that, ever.
      Have the players lost the desire. Has Klopp lost the dressing room ?

Can Klopp not see his tactics/set up don’t work anymore.

I’m not sure I’d trust him to buy anymore players if he sticks with this format. They’d be wasted.
      This is clearly about more than midfield. I’m sure there’s something amiss behind closed doors.
      Or is Klopp sticking with this failed tactic to reiterate to the owners just how much he needs players !

If something or someone doesn’t change we’ll be lucky to make top 10.
      MOTM  ? Nobody put in enough effort for me. I won’t bother this week.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #508: Jan 14, 2023 05:17:28 pm
      The long covid thing must be true!   :mad:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #509: Jan 14, 2023 05:18:48 pm
      Well the situation was crying out for a 442 sit in, keep it tight but the Boss went for a regulation 433. That formation has served him well.

He played Thiago further up and there was a distance between Mo, Gakpo,and The Ox. and the midfield. With Thiago further up. it was left to Hendo and Fabinho to protect the back 4 so we were easily overrun.

This 'system' played into Brighton's hands to a degree, and with the front 3 thrown together it wasn't Klopp's finest hour, but calling for his head is panic driven. Still plenty to play for so we have to hold our nerve.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #510: Jan 14, 2023 05:19:09 pm

Chelsea at home. Be interesting to see where our home support is at.

Could be collectively behind the team.
      sh*t about owners could spring up.
      Arguments amongst crowd about Klopp

Been here before. And when it gets toxic it sometimes gets a bit narky in the crowd.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #511: Jan 14, 2023 05:22:37 pm
      Klopp needs funds and fsg wont give him that...
      Its simple FSG out!!!

Agre and disagree. That's the ideal answer. Klopp with a young face squad like we had in 17/18 would be awesome. I have no doubt he would build them into a top team again. But you can't make the people who own the team do something they're not ready to do. So..... you have to improvise. What if they don't invest next season either? That would absolute suck, but it is what it is. If your in the trenches getting bombarded with no help on the way, you don't just lay there and die. You go out swinging. You devise a plan that gives you the best chance of survival with the resources you have.

I want FSG out. They're business model in football makes sense in the short term, but in the grand scheme of things has fu**ed us and put us in the situation we're in now.

Sadly, most realistic good news this season is we get sold.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #512: Jan 14, 2023 05:23:33 pm
      Switched the tv off at 2-0 bloody fuming mank friend texting me with klopp 7 years itch
      Did Fabio get on?
      And when is the club going to get sold
      It’s looking like we going to need about 7 new players
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #513: Jan 14, 2023 05:23:45 pm
      The long covid thing must be true!   :mad:

Since the players got jabbed…. Maybe it’s side effects starting to kick in. You could be on to something
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #514: Jan 14, 2023 05:23:45 pm

Sh*t about owners could spring up.

Been here before. And when it gets toxic it sometimes gets a bit narky in the crowd.

Thankfully I don’t think the crowd will get on the managers back etc - they will more than likely just be silent and the atmosphere will be low

You can see a few on social media wanting protests on the owners but I very much doubt the match goers are that juvenile to protest about signings - that the domain for bed wetting social media fans

There maybe a few grumbles towards some players

But we need to be up for it next week - no excuses

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #515: Jan 14, 2023 05:25:34 pm

Sh*t about owners could spring up.

For some reason I had it in my head that was the 28th and a potential rematch with Brighton was on the cards if we win Tuesday. Agree then. Huge game for both clubs, and a loss to either will only spark more controversy
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #516: Jan 14, 2023 05:26:00 pm
      This is more of a rant/online reflection to help my mental state.

We were absolutely shambolic, I said to my dad before the game we would lose today, half-heartedly expecting it but not in the fashion in which the way it occurred one bit. Every one of those players should hang their head in shame after that performance, the saving grace was that it wasn't at home and we didn't concede 6.

The players were a joke, no urgency till we were two behind, no confidence on the ball, no confidence defending the ball, Matip and Konate were walking time bombs, Robertson was non existent and Trent, well Trent was just Trent. Our midfeid three were a joke again, honestly think Keita should start ahead of those three because he actually seems to have some fight left in him, maybe from all the rest while being injured. Ox should not be playing premier league football, let alone starting for us, Salah's first touch was left back in the changing rooms and I won't comment on Gakpo.

Our manager was a joke today also, the high line does not work with this group of players and I don't understand why we persist with it if it is so abundantly obvious. There needed to be changes at HT, no idea why we didn't see any or why we waited till the 65th minute. What has Carvalho done to be iced out on the bench? Doak showed he is too raw to be coming on when it matters. Please please please Klopp buy a midfielder or two and if that's not possible adapt to the players you do have, we shouldn't be losing to Brighton.

It's f**king sh*t right now, but let's play nice amongst ourselves as we are all going through it at the minute, especially with how United are performing of late.

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #517: Jan 14, 2023 05:26:27 pm
      You can see a few on social media wanting protests on the owners but I very much doubt the match goers are that juvenile to protest about signings - that the domain for bed wetting social media fans

Honestly haven't seen anything about protesting, but I get the feeling that's divvies basically diving on the back of the blueshite stuff at Goodison today. Cos they're doing it, we should do it!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #518: Jan 14, 2023 05:26:32 pm
      Doak is a player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #519: Jan 14, 2023 05:28:10 pm
      Thankfully I don’t think the crowd will get on the managers back etc - they will more than likely just be silent and the atmosphere will be low

More likely the crowd, or at least a proportion, turn in the manager than moan about signings.

Owners and manager is always how it goes right?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #520: Jan 14, 2023 05:28:16 pm
      For some reason I had it in my head that was the 28th and a potential rematch with Brighton was on the cards if we win Tuesday. Agree then. Huge game for both clubs, and a loss to either will only spark more controversy

You're right we've got the cup replay Tuesday, but that's away as well. I don't even feel confident about that game.

Chelsea our next league at home with full home crowd was what I meant
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #521: Jan 14, 2023 05:28:32 pm
      Honestly haven't seen anything about protesting, but I get the feeling that's divvies basically diving on the back of the blueshite stuff at Goodison today. Cos they're doing it, we should do it!!

Just the odd sad little tw*t on social media - nothing from anyone who actually goes
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #522: Jan 14, 2023 05:28:56 pm
      Since the players got jabbed…. Maybe it’s side effects starting to kick in. You could be on to something
      There is nowhere to go with this nonsense.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #523: Jan 14, 2023 05:29:22 pm

His pace is frightening , certainly causes trouble

Cup game coming up is perfect to give him a decent run out
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #524: Jan 14, 2023 05:29:24 pm
      *keith is itching to get involved but is biding his time*
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #525: Jan 14, 2023 05:29:45 pm
      I think we should look at Jürgen, first time I have questioned him.
      He has given me the best times of my Liverpool life since Kenny's first time, but he seems to reluctant to change things....I cannot believe we still play 4-3-3. Ancelotti probably doesn't even need to watch any of our games to prepare for us - so predicatble.

And Coady Gapko....? jees
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #526: Jan 14, 2023 05:30:43 pm
      I think we should look at Jürgen, first time I have questioned him.
      He has given me the best times of my Liverpool life since Kenny's first time, but he seems to reluctant to change things....I cannot believe we still play 4-3-3. Ancelotti probably doesn't even need to watch any of our games to prepare for us - so predicatble.

And Coady Gapko....? jees

Ancelotti will make mincemeat out of us at present.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #527: Jan 14, 2023 05:31:37 pm
      We were absolutely shambolic, I said to my dad before the game we would lose today, half-heartedly expecting it but not in the fashion in which the way it occurred one bit. Every one of those players should hang their head in shame after that performance, the saving grace was that it wasn't at home and we didn't concede 6.
      Said the same to my old man.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #528: Jan 14, 2023 05:32:30 pm
      We don't need a new system and voice, we need a few top midfielders and our injured players back.

That's all.

Klopp is still a brilliant manager he just needs to accept the midfield needs an overhaul.

Spot on, agree 100%

Only managed to listen to the game on R5 and it came across as what I’ve read on here by those who watched it on tv, literally just didn’t turn up today and were 2nd best to a real good intense Brighton performance.

We all know we need a couple of fresh players but I think it’ll be a bit more difficult if we keep playing like this week in week out.
      I read a while ago and thought maybe it’s true that the reason why we’re struggling is due to the hangover from last season but surely that’s not an excuse as it’s the same mistakes we are giving away cheaply far too regularly

For sure the injury list is crucifying us but Klopp cannot be blamed for that and I for one is definitely not calling for his head, totally behind him

I also can’t understand why there’s so much talk of Rafa too? This should not be an opinion or easy discussion every time we get stuffed

Ok after today hearing/seeing this we still have to get behind this team even though no one has a good word to say about anything even from the commentators

Quick Reply