Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18881 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jan 14, 2023 06:08:16 pm
      In the days of the high energy press...blistering pace up front and those deep runs into the opposition final third from our high wingbacks....we almost didn't need a defence, we just overpowered whoever we faced...just outfought them, suffocated them. That's all gone...and yet the team is set up to play the same system with players who, for whatever reason are not capable of that level of physicality. Said it before and I'll say it again, until we can protect the back four we will continue to struggle.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 573 posts | 114 
      Reply #576: Jan 14, 2023 06:12:20 pm
      Today must be Jürgen's Watford 1970.

"After Watford I knew I had to do my job and change the team. I had a duty to perform to myself, my family, Liverpool football Club and the supporters."

Bill Shankly (1913-1981).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #577: Jan 14, 2023 06:12:34 pm

Your one of the stone wall regs of the forum mate, I’ll always show respect even when we take the piss out of each other. You give plenty of expletives like Billy & Walt but you can all give and take it like a true scouser should. Not like some of these yanks… oops sorry I mean wools you call.  :lmao:

The way football can change within the space of a few months is nothing short of astounding. The last few years I’ve taken plenty of stick/banter on how bad United were and deservedly so.  ;D

In such a short space of time the tide has turned dramatically. Hard to believe how you lads have dropped in form having been so close to the quad.

I’m still a firm believer in Klopp though unlike some of you on here which I think is shocking.  :o They simply can’t know there football. Let’s be honest ( I could name a few ) when the likes of Ox makes the first team it shows how desperate the man is for replacements but isn’t really getting that help.

Obviously massive injury list taking its toll now. I take it the youth squad is lacking standards to make the first team?

Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #578: Jan 14, 2023 06:15:33 pm
      Maybe the desire has also gone. Ironically this city side is the worst in 5 years and we would have actually been competing to win the prem but after our start I think the players thought F**k it thats gone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #579: Jan 14, 2023 06:16:56 pm
      Your one of the stone wall regs of the forum mate, I’ll always show respect even when we take the piss out of each other. You give plenty of expletives like Billy & Walt but you can all give and take it like a true scouser should. Not like some of these yanks… oops sorry I mean wools you call.  :lmao:

The way football can change within the space of a few months is nothing short of astounding. The last few years I’ve taken plenty of stick/banter on how bad United were and deservedly so.  ;D

In such a short space of time the tide has turned dramatically. Hard to believe how you lads have dropped in form having been so close to the quad.

I’m still a firm believer in Klopp though unlike some of you on here which I think is shocking.  :o They simply can’t know there football. Let’s be honest ( I could name a few ) when the likes of Ox makes the first team it shows how desperate the man is for replacements but isn’t really getting that help.

Obviously massive injury list taking its toll now. I take it the youth squad is lacking standards to make the first team?

Tbh  I wouldn't want to flood the squad with kids at the moment, it's not on them to dig us out of the mess. Get some players back fit, i.e forwards and we should be ok, but the midfield needs an overhaul in the summer.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,428 posts | 805 
      Reply #580: Jan 14, 2023 06:22:34 pm
      Heaviest defeat in the division Today.
      Please can we put an end to this mad football we're trying to play?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #581: Jan 14, 2023 06:22:53 pm
      Yeah that’s not a bad shout

He has done well in some games but seems to have disappeared after his last start

I would have like to have seen him tried tonight.
      Certainly wouldn't have been any worse.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #582: Jan 14, 2023 06:23:29 pm
      Tbh  I wouldn't want to flood the squad with kids at the moment, it's not on them to dig us out of the mess. Get some players back fit, i.e forwards and we should be ok, but the midfield needs an overhaul in the summer.

I can only presume Klopp doesn’t think there ready to make that transition to the first team which may well explain why you have the likes of Ox in who let’s be honest should never kick a ball again for you lot if your squad was injury free.

Yeah few of us noticed a while back midfield was in dyer straights, Jude won’t be able to do it on his own Pete as good as he is. I think you need least two and if Jude doesn’t come you’ll need 3 new midfielders.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #583: Jan 14, 2023 06:24:26 pm
      Even if we need a 'revamp' our midfield, and have injuries. LOSING 3-0 TO BRIGHTON IS NOT POSSIBLE

This is not acceptable at all. It's beyond. We have good enough players.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #584: Jan 14, 2023 06:24:48 pm
      I can only presume Klopp doesn’t think there ready to make that transition to the first team which may well explain why you have the likes of Ox in who let’s be honest should never kick a ball again for you lot if your squad was injury free.

Yeah few of us noticed a while back midfield was in dyer straights, Jude won’t be able to do it on his own Pete as good as he is. I think you need least two and if Jude doesn’t come you’ll need 3 new midfielders.

I honestly don't think we'll get him.

We need a couple of midfielders only too happy to throw in a shift.
      Gomo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts | 10 
      Reply #585: Jan 14, 2023 06:34:11 pm
      Cant we recall morton and replace f**king fabinho

Morton - bajcetic - Jones - elliot - carvalho - doak

rather play 3 from those than go anywhere near the rest of the useless dossers this season it cant get any worse, at least they are potentially the future

The rest need to go, i mean thiago has a place but hes 32 the rest are perma crocks or way past their best
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #586: Jan 14, 2023 06:39:05 pm
      I honestly don't think we'll get him.

We need a couple of midfielders only too happy to throw in a shift.

Obviously from my prospective I hope he doesn’t come and does a u turn on the M62  ;D It’s all about funds as we both know. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be thinking do we get Jude for 100 million or buy  two for 50 million each?  As I’ve said Jude on his own won’t fix your problem, that’s why it’s a big dilemma not just for the fans but Klopp too.

Going through a transition isn’t easy because it’s just impossible to guess how long it takes. Many said it would take Newcastle 10 years to win anything but already looking like a cup final in their mist and a unbelievable top 4 finish.

As Greaves use to always say! Funny old game this saint isn’t it.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #587: Jan 14, 2023 06:40:08 pm
      Even if we need a 'revamp' our midfield, and have injuries. LOSING 3-0 TO BRIGHTON IS NOT POSSIBLE

This is not acceptable at all. It's beyond. We have good enough players.

So Ox is good enough?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #588: Jan 14, 2023 06:45:34 pm
      I cannot wait until we can get Arthur back so we can turn this around
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #589: Jan 14, 2023 06:59:00 pm
      And go all defensive and draw against teams we regularly beat under Klopp.

You forgot that bit lad - the draws that used to cost us under Rafa!!

Yeah I would take 3-4 extra draws than defeats this year for sure

We need to go into games fighting for a point, 3-4 draws would be huge here instead of the defeats we had

And even some of our wins were lucky

Rafa is the man to bring us back from the brink like he did in the past
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1509 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #590: Jan 14, 2023 06:59:32 pm
      We’re gonna finish the day in 9th  :f_wah:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1682 
      • YNWA
      Reply #591: Jan 14, 2023 07:00:58 pm

You are the ONLY  person spouting this. Rafa is not coming back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #592: Jan 14, 2023 07:02:59 pm

We need to go into games fighting for a point, 3-4 draws would be huge here instead of the defeats we had

Jürgen won the Prem, Rafa didn't!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #593: Jan 14, 2023 07:03:43 pm

Yes, he's a international professional player. He has years of experience playing at the highest level. He was not to blame for 3 goals conceded either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #594: Jan 14, 2023 07:04:56 pm
      Yes, he's a international professional player. He has years of experience playing at the highest level. He was not to blame for 3 goals conceded either.

I'm still struggling to see what Ox brought to the team today.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #595: Jan 14, 2023 07:11:25 pm
      I'm still struggling to see what Ox brought to the team today.

Ox may not be the answer but not sure why he has been singled out when you could point to a number of players today including the likes of Thiago and Salah
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,485 posts | 3437 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #596: Jan 14, 2023 07:12:01 pm

Need to change your name mate
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 439 
      Reply #597: Jan 14, 2023 07:12:22 pm
      Not sure how we get out of this to be honest. If the issue was a lack of effort we could try harder. I dont think it's that we have an honest group of players and good professionals.

Of our injured players perhaps Van Dijk, Diaz and Nunez could change the dynamic a bit. Their return is all that can be cringed to at this point but our squad should be absorbing these loss of players better. The worrying thing for me is I don't think that's the issue either. The lineup today should still be able to give Brighton a game.

I cant help but feel we are witnessing the end of an small era here.

Quick Reply