Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      7 (19.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      4 (11.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (2.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (19.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (16.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (13.9%)
      James Milner
      1 (2.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2023 02:25:51 pm

Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17652 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Re: Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Apr 01, 2023 03:09:36 pm
      We're all over the F**king shop and Klopp isn't showing any signs of coming to terms with it. Everyone on here knows these tactics are finished, at least with this group of players...But this group of players is all we've got, so you have to change the system, if not, then get used to shipping goals and sliding down the league.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #507: Apr 01, 2023 03:09:47 pm
      I'm pissed off mate. I don't think I literally expect JĂŒrgen to do it more of understand if he did.

Yea I get that, and trust me, nothing I like more than to see a good tongue lashing of those that deserve it, just saying I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Gonna respectfully disagree with you on that one, those managers are good, but we’d just be another “good” team with any of them with no possibility of being great as we have for a lot of Klopp’s tenure.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #508: Apr 01, 2023 03:10:09 pm
      Always going to be difficult when your playing the best passing side in the league by a mile..

That’s where Klopp is to blame. Absolute calamity on his part sticking with this formation and style of play it doesn’t work. Just about every team opens us up every week, City where always going to have a field day.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #509: Apr 01, 2023 03:10:12 pm
      To carry on with a team incapable of keeping up with rivals would be far more draining to the manager, just as concerning is the prospect of the owners reluctance to back the manager financially, the cumulative effect we now contemplate!

The same manager who said we had all we needed in midfield and more at the end of the summer you mean?

He's as complicit as them no matter how many people keep their head in the sand about it.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #510: Apr 01, 2023 03:13:02 pm
      Another painful but yet much needed dose of reality for the playing squad, coaching staff and ownership of the club.

The road back will be a long one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,108 posts | 2129 
      Reply #511: Apr 01, 2023 03:13:12 pm
      Seriously f**k off - embarrassing to even suggest it’s time for Klopp to go just as any talk of him walking.

We aren’t Chelsea - we don’t get rid of the best manager out there based on a poor season.

Just waiting for the name of flavour of the month De Zerbi to be thrown about and then we've reached full on knee jerk.

It's a shame. JĂŒrgen did everything and more form what was asked from him in 2015. He's earnt that right to have a bad season and put it right again.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023 04:52:15 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #512: Apr 01, 2023 03:13:32 pm
      Keep seeing people complaining about the system, but what system should we use with useless midfielders and defenders that apparently need non-useless midfielders covering them so they aren’t useless themselves?

At this point our only alternative appears to be park the bus and try to counter with speed.

Regardless of who we should have bought in the summer or winter, I guarantee Klopp’s preferred midfield was never going to be what it is right now.

A fit and firing Fab, Hendo and Thiago are a completely different animal than the sh*t we are trotting out now.

Fix the players and the system works.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #513: Apr 01, 2023 03:15:59 pm
      That was awful. Men against boys. Completely bossed off the pitch.

Very worrying how we threw the towel in once their third goal went in. We simply gave up. There’s no excuses for that and it’s not something I associate with a JĂŒrgen klopps Liverpool team. Very, very worrying.

I’ve defended Trent for as long as I can remember but it’s come to the point where I’ve just had it with him now. Another terrible performance by him. Their second goal came from Trent being in no man’s land once again, konate being dragged over, therefore vvd is dragged over them of course Robertson is dragged over and Mahrez is left in acres to pick KDB out. Pathetic school boy sh*te.

I don’t have any stats or facts but he doesn’t seem to offer anything going forward now either. He used to be a constant threat, whipping ball after ball in, always overlapping salah down that right hand side but we barely see any of that now. It’s literally like playing with ten men.

Talking about playing with a man less. Gakpo. It’s like playing with 9 men. New signing or not, he has to do much more. A lot more. I’m sick of him standing around with his finger in his arse offering nothing. There’s no press from him, no urgency, no aggression, just no effort. He had a really good game against United a few weeks ago but before that and since then he’s been absolutely woeful for us. Such a bizarre signing when we desperately need midfielders.

Why has jota been moved over to the left when he had a stint down the middle for us before his injury where he couldn’t stop scoring? He was every bit as good as Bobby leading the line for us back then. And why is Gakpo playing down the middle where he offers absolutely nothing, when he prefers being on the left?

The midfield is shot. Fabinho is finished, Henderson was never a good footballer anyway but now that he’s lost his legs he offers absolutely nothing and as I’ve been saying for 2 seasons or so Harvey Elliott isn’t and never will be a centre mid. He’s a right winger and should be in the team for cup games in the early rounds or whenever Mo needs a breather. I know he’s a kid but he isn’t good enough to be starting games for us if we’re going to be serious contenders. Put it this way, we will never win the title if Harvey Elliott plays 38 games in centre mid for us.

We need three new midfielders, a genuine serious right back to come in to at least give Trent a kick up the arse and somebody up top, ideally down the middle who is going to cause a lot more problems than what Gakpo does.

This season has been a disaster. Top four has gone. I hate saying this but I hope we throw some games so we avoid that europa league which has no money in it anyway and is just a distraction, certainly don’t want to be in that conference milk cup sh*te, and we play one game a week next week and concentrate solely on the league where we hopefully challenge.

The teams a mess though and we need to spend to get anywhere near the level city where at today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #514: Apr 01, 2023 03:17:35 pm
      The same manager who said we had all we needed in midfield and more at the end of the summer you mean?

He's as complicit as them no matter how many people keep their head in the sand about it.

To be fair, I said the same at the end of last year. We challenged for 4 trophies with a midfield of Fab, Thiago and Hendo and it appeared we had decent reinforcements. I can see why Klopp wasn’t looking to make wholesale changes, but one would argue that we weren’t going to ever spend what it would have taken to make wholesale changes.
      Just waiting for the name of flavour of the month De Zerbi to be thrown about and then we've reached full on knee jerk.

It's a shame. JĂŒrgen did everything and more form what was asked from him in 2015. He's earnt that right to have a bad season and put try again

I guess on the bright side to say a bad season is challenging for top four is a far cry from what a bad season used to mean
..Klopp raised the ceiling and the floor.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #515: Apr 01, 2023 03:23:24 pm
      Keep seeing people complaining about the system, but what system should we use with useless midfielders and defenders that apparently need non-useless midfielders covering them so they aren’t useless themselves?

At this point our only alternative appears to be park the bus and try to counter with speed.

Regardless of who we should have bought in the summer or winter, I guarantee Klopp’s preferred midfield was never going to be what it is right now.

A fit and firing Fab, Hendo and Thiago are a completely different animal than the sh*t we are trotting out now.

Fix the players and the system works.
      Klopp has sucked this year, but you're right. I said it before, he's the wrong coach for this group of players, and therefore I don't see top 4 this season. However, it's the beat coach possible for a rebuild. With youthful legs and top notch talent, who would you fancy more than Klopp?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #516: Apr 01, 2023 03:24:17 pm
      To be fair, I said the same at the end of last year. We challenged for 4 trophies with a midfield of Fab, Thiago and Hendo and it appeared we had decent reinforcements. I can see why Klopp wasn’t looking to make wholesale changes, but one would argue that we weren’t going to ever spend what it would have taken to make wholesale changes.
      I guess on the bright side to say a bad season is challenging for top four is a far cry from what a bad season used to mean
..Klopp raised the ceiling and the floor.

Not sure we've finished lower than 7th that many times in the PL era.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #517: Apr 01, 2023 03:25:34 pm
      The issue is away from home

At home we are solid , away from home it’s a completely different story, the difference is night and day. The squad we have is good enough to be up in that too 4 right now but something is not right away from home
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #518: Apr 01, 2023 03:26:00 pm
      I keep seeing you and other say this as if there literally no other managers who can work to a budget and coach high level footballers.

It's nonsense mate and you can keep peddling the line if you want but it's still nonsense.

And that's not me taking away from the ability of JĂŒrgen. He's an elite level football manager but it's delusional to think no one else working into eh game wouldn't be able to come into this set up and make a difference.

If the manager was given a fraction of what Citeh have spent over the past few years we might stand a chance of competing.

The owners tried other managers but nobody could achieve success under FSG's economies but JĂŒrgen; unfortunately that situation has a limited life span.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #519: Apr 01, 2023 03:27:39 pm
      Not sure we've finished lower than 7th that many times in the PL era.

6 times in the Prem below 7th

Last time was Klopps first season , also under Kenny , BR , Rafa and GH
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #520: Apr 01, 2023 03:27:50 pm
      I don't see how we going to get the fund to rebuild this team without selling Salah. I hope we get a good offer from PSG after they sell Messi.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #521: Apr 01, 2023 03:29:27 pm
      To be fair, I said the same at the end of last year. We challenged for 4 trophies with a midfield of Fab, Thiago and Hendo and it appeared we had decent reinforcements.

I said the same but you and I aren't paid to analyse the squad with all the information available and target the recruitment accordingly.

We're just arseholes chatting in the internet.

This is the crux of my point I think. Too much is made of JĂŒrgen being 'let down ' without actually stepping back to think his role in allowing the squad to be where it is at this moment.

His biggest quality is loyalty which could ultimately be his undoing and I've said that before.

It's not beyond saving with the right recruitment this summer but it also needs the manager to get his head around how he wants this set of players to set up.

We're not LFC of Henderson, Gini and Fabinho and Salah, Mane and Firmino in their prime.

But he still seems to be sending us out thinking we are.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #522: Apr 01, 2023 03:30:50 pm
      6 times in the Prem below 7th

Last time was Klopps first season , also under Kenny , BR , Rafa and GH

But we have always come back. Don’t remember us languishing in this position for an extended period of time.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #523: Apr 01, 2023 03:32:08 pm
      Just back from watching the game. Humiliated.

An absolute embarrassment but an expected one. I put 5-0 in the prediction league and wasn't far off.

As I stated yesterday i hoped we could motivate ourselves, but once they got onfront we'd collapse like a sack of sh*t and that's exactly what happened.

Same not even half arsed performance as we've seen all season. Lazy gutless cowards with an attitude that stinks worse than 6 month opened eggs.

Not going to name names ... I can't be arsed ... we know who they are. How long are we going to tolerate this utter garbage from players who do one half decent thing every other month.

As for JĂŒrgen. Same ol failing shi*e and just stood there once again whilst the game got away from us and did nothing to stop it.

WE DONT HAVE THE PLAYERS FOR THIS F&CKING FORMATION!!!

Switch to a f*cking 4231 and make us less f*cking easy to play through. Do f*cking something to make it look like we are actually a f*cking team that's actually f*cking coached.

Finally to the players .... the lazy coasters who talk a great game ... talk a motm game. You deserve to be sold. You don't give a f*ck and you couldn't make it anymore f*cking obvious. I'm done this season. It's not the results ... its the absolute garbage and attitude I'm seeing week in week out that's finished me. I can't be arsed having every midweek and weekend ruined for the next 8 weeks or so.

Talk of Bellingham 🤣🤣🤣 be career f*cking sabotage to come here. The decks need clearing big time. Not 1 or 2 ... 8 or 9 minimum out the f*cking door.

JĂŒrgen gets the chance to put this right. He more than deserves that. But f*ck me he needs to get a clue quickly and start picking a formation to suit what we have and start f*cking off these 'big players' who he constantly defends who are a total joke. They even managed to be the first team to make grealish look like a footballer. Colour me f*cking shocked.

They are a f*cking embarrassment and they don't look the slightest bit arsed about it. Just stare around like f*cking clueless Virgins in a brothel. Pathetic  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #524: Apr 01, 2023 03:32:46 pm
      I don't see how we going to get the fund to rebuild this team without selling Salah. I hope we get a good offer from PSG after they sell Messi.

Hell yes, you spend more money on match day as with everybody else and see if the owners pocket the money or disburse it to pimp the squad.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #525: Apr 01, 2023 03:33:53 pm
      But we have always come back. Don’t remember us languishing in this position for an extended period of time.

We won’t be able to tell if we are “languishing” until next season
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #526: Apr 01, 2023 03:34:08 pm
      I said the same but you and I aren't paid to analyse the squad with all the information available and target the recruitment accordingly.

We're just arseholes chatting in the internet.

This is the crux of my point I think. Too much is made of JĂŒrgen being 'let down ' without actually stepping back to think his role in allowing the squad to be where it is at this moment.

His biggest quality is loyalty which could ultimately be his undoing and I've said that before.

It's not beyond saving with the right recruitment this summer but it also needs the manager to get his head around how he wants this set of players to set up.

We're not LFC of Henderson, Gini and Fabinho and Salah, Mane and Firmino in their prime.

But he still seems to be sending us out thinking we are.

Problem is, once the decision is made to go with what you’ve got, you’ve got no choice but to go with what you’ve got. That’s where we are and JĂŒrgen is never going to play boring defensive football because the players he has can’t (or won’t) execute the way he wants them to. Yes I agree it’s a bit hard headed but maybe he figures changing systems isn’t feasible at this point.

I mean we play well at home, why is it when we go on the road we fall apart?  That may be part of the problem
.he sees good results and believes it’s a training issue and not a system one. Who knows. Like you said, I’m just an arsehole chatting on the internet. Thankfully for the club I’m not in charge 😂
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #527: Apr 01, 2023 03:37:52 pm
      We won’t be able to tell if we are “languishing” until next season

Next season is going to another season when we chase top 4. This team need multiple signings and the owners aren't going to splash 300 million + on this team and even the most pro FSG fans realise that.

We need:

New DM

2 Box to box Midfilders.

A new starter CB.

A new right footed fullback.

We are not going to address these issues in the summer, so we are likely going to go next season with another glaring weakness.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #528: Apr 01, 2023 03:40:59 pm
      Problem is, once the decision is made to go with what you’ve got, you’ve got no choice but to go with what you’ve got. That’s where we are and JĂŒrgen is never going to play boring defensive football because the players he has can’t (or won’t) execute the way he wants them to. Yes I agree it’s a bit hard headed but maybe he figures changing systems isn’t feasible at this point.

I mean we play well at home, why is it when we go on the road we fall apart?  That may be part of the problem
.he sees good results and believes it’s a training issue and not a system one. Who knows. Like you said, I’m just an arsehole chatting on the internet. Thankfully for the club I’m not in charge 😂

In BR’s words, “trying to build an aircraft while it's in flight”.

Quick Reply