Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      7 (12.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      7 (12.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (21.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      19 (33.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      2 (3.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      2 (3.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2024 06:08:24 pm

Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14281 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Re: Manchester United 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Mar 18, 2024 11:11:53 am
      It’s not human nature to go straight after the scapegoats

Look at which player threads get activity when the result isn’t a positive one

It’s a modern phenomenon started on social media

We lost because we didn’t take chances and some players make mistakes

Gakpo plays like he doesn't give sh*t, At least Nunez was trying and gives it all. Gakpo doesn't care at all and can't even be bothered to run
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,212 posts | 3483 
      Reply #852: Mar 18, 2024 11:15:03 am
      Gakpo plays like he doesn't give sh*t, At least Nunez was trying and gives it all. Gakpo doesn't care at all and can't even be bothered to run

And you are a perfect example

Someone who just appears when the team drops points or loses a match and then goes after the scapegoats

Gakpo has a different style of play than Nunez - doesn’t mean he doesn’t care
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #853: Mar 18, 2024 11:15:07 am

I think he does

Ultimately you have two sides

One blind lunatics who would still claim jimmy Traore was a good player and others who go too far

I think it’s obvious to see all our players work hard imo

Issue is the final bit of quality and people are making valid points in saying we could upgrade if they don’t improve

I think giving Diaz another season to prove himself is the right option but I really do struggle to see a future for gapko. Main reason being is I don’t think he offers anything really at the top level eg he doesn’t have the pace or movement or power and so on

RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 824 posts | 136 
      Reply #854: Mar 18, 2024 11:27:41 am

What always pisses me off more than anything is there's others around these nobheads who just let them get away with their disgusting behaviour.
      And yes there may have been many yesterday in the crowd chanting etc but it was by no means all.
      Makes me laugh too pathetic shower they are, shouting about bin dipping and signing on when their sulky pouting over paid so called wonder boy is serving up free school meals for the kids in the sh!thole called Manchester.
      Am not on twitter/x or whatever it's called but I hope this picture (along with the rest of them who have immortalised themselves and whose pictures are in the public domain) is shared EVERYWHERE and the tosser(s) banned for life.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,092 posts | 214 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #855: Mar 18, 2024 11:28:44 am
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 819 
      Reply #856: Mar 18, 2024 11:28:58 am
      It’s not human nature to go straight after the scapegoats

Look at which player threads get activity when the result isn’t a positive one

It’s a modern phenomenon started on social media

We lost because we didn’t take chances and some players make mistakes
      Except it is:

Blame is an excellent defence mechanism. I could refer you to any number of journals that advance the theory behind it. Looking to blame others for misfortune is as old as the hills, and will predate the internet by about 10,000 years. Blame is an instinctive release valve, it's a way of reducing our own negative emotions. So when we seemingly attack players performances, we cognitively distort them...which leads to illogical judgements, especially around intent V's outcome.
      Your last point is however spot on. True yesterday, and true for most games that teams lose.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #857: Mar 18, 2024 11:39:17 am
      Havnt said a lot about yesterday , still got that sick feeling , but that’s sport you take the highs so you have to live with lows , dust ourselves off we got plenty left on the table , to go at said to the boys in work on Friday we got you cu*ts twice , I’d rather win both but when push comes to shove I’d rather we do them in the league , they can’t play much better than what they did we most  certainly can ,
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #858: Mar 18, 2024 11:42:26 am
      I think he does

Ultimately you have two sides

One blind lunatics who would still claim jimmy Traore was a good player and others who go too far

I think it’s obvious to see all our players work hard imo

Issue is the final bit of quality and people are making valid points in saying we could upgrade if they don’t improve

I think giving Diaz another season to prove himself is the right option but I really do struggle to see a future for gapko. Main reason being is I don’t think he offers anything really at the top level eg he doesn’t have the pace or movement or power and so on

I don't mind both Diaz and Gakpo being sold, Danns should be given a chance and Diaz should be replaced with someone who has end product and offer us something new.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #859: Mar 18, 2024 01:23:44 pm
      Well at least now we know what Keith looks like.

So you know it isn’t me then. 😂

Seriously though I couldn’t understand what his his hand expression made, had to ask a forum member what was meant by it, If what is said is true it’s appalling behaviour from the manc. Every club has these fans that bring their respective clubs down. Sad thing is I don’t see it going away anytime soon.

Yesterday’s game was one of the most intense games I’ve ever watched between our two great clubs. End to end football I wouldn’t have heard any rants as I was enthralled as what was going on the pitch than off it.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find the scum fan and ban  the kunt for life, hopefully a conviction also if it is indeed proven what he did is a slant on the hillsborough victims.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #860: Mar 18, 2024 01:25:31 pm
      Havnt said a lot about yesterday , still got that sick feeling , but that’s sport you take the highs so you have to live with lows , dust ourselves off we got plenty left on the table , to go at said to the boys in work on Friday we got you cu*ts twice , I’d rather win both but when push comes to shove I’d rather we do them in the league , they can’t play much better than what they did we most  certainly can ,

I’ve still got the sick bucket Andy from that 7-0 bashing, 🤢 you can borrow that if you want. 😂
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,926 posts | 968 
      Reply #861: Mar 18, 2024 03:12:35 pm
      There seems to be a lot of negativity and pessimism on here following the defeat yesterday.  Honestly, if you had told me back in August that we would be where we are today, I'd have called you crazy!!  We were so far off the pace last season, and then we had a complete midfield overhaul in the summer.  We lost our captain (Hendo) and one of the best locker room leaders (Millie).  VVD looked a shadow of his former self, and Darwin looked like he was shaping up to be an expensive mistake... 

Fast forward 9 months and we are cooking!!!  We have 1 trophy in the bag and are still competing for 2 others.  We have a handful of the most talented and exciting prospects in the Prem -- Bradley, Kelleher, Quansah, Danns, etc.  We just brought Edwards back and seemingly have a good transition/succession plan in place for Klopp's retirement at the end of the season -- I'm sure we already have our next manager nailed down.  Things honestly look good for the next few years as a LFC fan.  Sure, we will still have to try to overcome City's cheating and the hapless refereeing, but these are not new challenges. 

It's a good day to be a RED!!!  YNWA

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,241 posts | 1226 
      Reply #862: Mar 18, 2024 03:18:53 pm
      Nobody will give a sh*t about this result if we win the league and that must remain our absolute focus.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #863: Mar 18, 2024 03:29:01 pm
      Nobody will give a sh*t about this result if we win the league and that must remain our absolute focus.

I will  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,323 posts | 771 
      Reply #864: Mar 18, 2024 04:18:04 pm
      I was in Llandudno yesterday, on a Northern soul trip. Although watched the game right until the end, in the back room. felt a bit sickened seeing Utd score at the very last kick, missed the train into the bargain. Caught the next one with my mate a Utd fan !

Enjoy your win Keith, they don't come around too often for Utd.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 819 
      Reply #865: Mar 18, 2024 04:23:30 pm
      There seems to be a lot of negativity and pessimism on here following the defeat yesterday.  Honestly, if you had told me back in August that we would be where we are today, I'd have called you crazy!!  We were so far off the pace last season, and then we had a complete midfield overhaul in the summer.  We lost our captain (Hendo) and one of the best locker room leaders (Millie).  VVD looked a shadow of his former self, and Darwin looked like he was shaping up to be an expensive mistake... 

Fast forward 9 months and we are cooking!!!  We have 1 trophy in the bag and are still competing for 2 others.  We have a handful of the most talented and exciting prospects in the Prem -- Bradley, Kelleher, Quansah, Danns, etc.  We just brought Edwards back and seemingly have a good transition/succession plan in place for Klopp's retirement at the end of the season -- I'm sure we already have our next manager nailed down.  Things honestly look good for the next few years as a LFC fan.  Sure, we will still have to try to overcome City's cheating and the hapless refereeing, but these are not new challenges. 

It's a good day to be a RED!!!  YNWA

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      All that is very true, but what is often perceived as negative or pessimistic is just emotions getting the better of us. We all know that we let that game slip from our grasp yesterday and it's not always easy to be rational about it. We say things we don't mean. As you say onwards.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #866: Mar 18, 2024 04:42:01 pm
      I’ve still got the sick bucket Andy from that 7-0 bashing, 🤢 you can borrow that if you want. 😂
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #867: Mar 18, 2024 04:49:49 pm
      We should've won, we were bossing the game for a long spell at 2-1...we didn't we'll learn, they had chances to tbf.
      We've done amazing so far to be in the position we are challenging for the league considering we've got a brand new midfield this season ALSO a few weeks back it looked like injuries would destroy our season but we're still in with a sniff of two more trophies yet, one being the big one we all want.
      It's disappointing of course, one of those you keep thinking about because it's losing to Utd....positives are hopefully it'll keep Ten Hag in his job.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,092 posts | 214 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #868: Mar 18, 2024 05:35:44 pm

Amen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #869: Mar 18, 2024 05:56:03 pm

Their obsession with Liverpool just seems to get bigger and bigger. They're a F***ing weird fan base. They really do seem to have more songs about Liverpool than about their own club.

F***ing Weirdo cu*ts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #870: Mar 18, 2024 06:00:07 pm
      So you know it isn’t me then. 😂

Seriously though I couldn’t understand what his his hand expression made, had to ask a forum member what was meant by it, If what is said is true it’s appalling behaviour from the manc. Every club has these fans that bring their respective clubs down. Sad thing is I don’t see it going away anytime soon.

Yesterday’s game was one of the most intense games I’ve ever watched between our two great clubs. End to end football I wouldn’t have heard any rants as I was enthralled as what was going on the pitch than off it.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find the scum fan and ban  the kunt for life, hopefully a conviction also if it is indeed proven what he did is a slant on the hillsborough victims.

You know the score mate, you'll probably find he lives miles and miles away from OT. It's almost like some have to prove how much they love their club by how much they hate their rivals.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #871: Mar 18, 2024 06:11:05 pm
      I was in Llandudno yesterday, on a Northern soul trip. Although watched the game right until the end, in the back room. felt a bit sickened seeing Utd score at the very last kick, missed the train into the bargain. Caught the next one with my mate a Utd fan !

Enjoy your win Keith, they don't come around too often for Utd.

We should have won it in last min David if Rashford had his shooting boots on. More to the point easily a hatrick. You’re right though, wins not coming often enough. I have to milk it coz you’re bringing another Cup home so you can rub my nose in it again. 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #872: Mar 18, 2024 06:13:46 pm
      We should've won, we were bossing the game for a long spell at 2-1...we didn't we'll learn, they had chances to tbf.
      We've done amazing so far to be in the position we are challenging for the league considering we've got a brand new midfield this season ALSO a few weeks back it looked like injuries would destroy our season but we're still in with a sniff of two more trophies yet, one being the big one we all want.
      It's disappointing of course, one of those you keep thinking about because it's losing to Utd....positives are hopefully it'll keep Ten Hag in his job.

You’re one of a limited few who think Liverpool deserved to win it Rushie. 😂  On 120 mins thought we had the edge. It could have of gone your way if you’d of got that 3rd goal.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #873: Mar 18, 2024 06:15:36 pm
      You know the score mate, you'll probably find he lives miles and miles away from OT. It's almost like some have to prove how much they love their club by how much they hate their rivals.

The fact is all on video it’s not if it comes out it’s when.

Quick Reply